• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valravn

Fuck those streams, im not gonna watch them. It will ruin my experience and makes the wait only feel longer.

*watches a stream*

MrKnives

TylerD

Raide said:
Rejoice with me fellow loot-whores! The time is upon us to collect shiny objects!!!
Yes, the loot is strong. It definitely seems to be watered down a bit on the difficulty and tailored to pretty much let you hit the max level of 10 or get pretty close by the time you get to the end. It looks really really great though and I can see how they will be able to easily ramp up the difficulty with 4 player party in nightmare, hell, and inferno. Having every monster be a higher level than the player max in inferno is probably going to be a bitch but so much fun.

Watching the stream with the Witch Doctor is weird. The character doesn't really appeal to me right now, but it may be the kind of thing you just have to play to get like a warlock or dk in WoW (or other similar "evil" classes in any game). Will probably go Wizard, Demon Hunter, Barbarian in no particular order before touching a Witch Doctor or Monk though.

Jira

I'm glad they carried the loot system over from D2 and not blow it like Torchlight did. Oh look a unique every 5 minutes!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Game looks so gooooooooooooood.
A lot of mob areas I saw even in Act I.

INJECT THE TRIST RUNS INTO MY VEINS.
*I've been playing Diablo II for the past 3 days out of coincidence.
MrKnives said:
Someone should gather all the streams in one post and add to that later on when people find more. Would be glorious.
I'm at work now and this computer sucks so much that I can't even watch a stream properly. Would be nice to go home and turn a good stream on.

Some I know of:

http://www.justin.tv/wigens#/w/1730364336
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nomsayin
http://www.justin.tv/fluddastud#/w/1730241232
http://www.twitch.tv/crypto137
http://www.justin.tv/orbitzun4/b/294458748?
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-3-beta-live-streams

Jira said:
I'm glad they carried the loot system over from D2 and not blow it like Torchlight did. Oh look a unique every 5 minutes!

I think that's part of the reason I never got too much into Torchlight - loot overload way too fast/easy. So much that it all feels worth it.

From what I've watched, the D3 loot feels good. PSO got it right too (maybe a bit more on the punishing side.)

Negator

LOL at the
ponies
in the datamining!

Watched the stream, looked great. Hopefully I can play it some time soon.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Also new best thing. Arcane Sphere.
xebRK.gif

Raide

I know its only small but does anyone else love the way some doors open like the old D1 & D2 loading screens? (All the shiny light coming out)

Raide said:
I know its only small but does anyone else love the way some doors open like the old D1 & D2 loading screens? (All the shiny light coming out)

MMmm. I don't know if you saw it, but there was a great door animation on one of the streams with a gear that popped out, turned, locked into place, and then the door opened. Light seeping through the barrier all the while.

And yeah, all the resource orbs are fantastic.

Also, further nitpicking. Witch Doctor voice is kind of weird. He's talking to a Warrior/Templar follower, and you can clearly tell they're not actually having a conversation - the pace and tone are off, so it draws out that the lines were recorded separately (and if they weren't, it's still awkward.)

torn between finding a monk stream that isn't shite (4:3, really?) and....eating some chicken and watching QI. I think I might wait for some streams to be edited and 1080p'd on youtube. No rush. My initial glance already tells me it's worth waiting for.

Raide

Pixel Pete said:
sweet jesus, I love that the optional lore is voice acted so I can keep playing while Cain read it out. Fucking amazing.

Indeed.

So far I am liking the VA stuff and the lore scrolls you pick up. They are bound to be filled with awesome links for Diablo fans.

F!ReW!Re

Pixel Pete said:
sweet jesus, I love that the optional lore is voice acted so I can keep playing while Cain read it out. Fucking amazing.

Yeah and I it seems not only Cain does the lore voice acting; I also heard a person with an Arab accent (which I presume to be Abd al-Hazir, the scholar from the www.diablo3.com website) talk about some of the monster lore while a player was ripping through a group of enemies..

Raide said:
Indeed.

So far I am liking the VA stuff and the lore scrolls you pick up. They are bound to be filled with awesome links for Diablo fans.

Yup, I've noticed stuff that the streamers haven't explored completely - in-game menus, lore journal, etc. that I'd really like to see myself.

Again, Day9's stream should be really good tomorrow - he'll be in HD quality and provide better commentary than most.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Feels good... I'm noticing even some haters (that I had on ignore) are now praising the game.

koji

I also like the UT-like MONSTER KILL stuff. Kill combos with an XP bonus and a nice message on screen MASSACRE. That's going to be tons of fun in mp with my mates :)

V_Arnold

ElyrionX said:
Wait. Why does everyone keep saying 4 players? Does the game not support 8 players co op anymore?

I do not like your wording. It is not a "feature" to "support", but yeah. Diablo 3 has a 4-player max co-op, not a 8-player one.

Yoshichan said:
Feels good... I'm noticing even some haters (that I had on ignore) are now praising the game.

I hope I wasn't on ignore :O

koji said:
I also like the UT-like MONSTER KILL stuff. Kill combos with an XP bonus and a nice message on screen MASSACRE. That's going to be tons of fun in mp with my mates :)

I like it too. It may have something to do with
the possible DOTA mode that was in the leak, since that game always had that/

ElyrionX said:
Wait. Why does everyone keep saying 4 players? Does the game not support 8 players co op anymore?

Yes, it's been confirmed to be 4 players only for some time now unless they somehow bump it up to 5, but it certainly wouldn't go over that.

Edit: Another subtle thing I noticed, new items in your inventory have their borders flash. Certainly never in WoW and I don't think in D2.

KKRT00

F!ReW!Re said:
Wow I'm watching wigens stream and I just got to about 4:10 into the video..

Really epic fight (random quest) it's not really a spoiler so I would recommend watching it:
http://www.twitch.tv/wigens/b/294464109?id=294464109&channel=wigens

Also the amount of monsters on screen is amazing! Can't wait to see what happens when 4 players go through this (and on a higher difficulty)
Only 30, not that many :p

But finally we have some streams, i'll watch all later.

F!ReW!Re

KKRT00 said:
Only 30, not that many :p

But finally we have some streams, i'll watch all later.

True, but for me it was one of the first times I've seen footage of 20+ monsters on screen :)

(might also have been my excitement, haven't been this hyped for a game since, since, well I don't think I've ever been this hyped, and this is only a beta :p )

Demon Hunter Bolo Shot is awesome. Animation has it wrap around the head of monsters (at least the zombies/skeletons). Neat design too as it's a delayed damage move - the explosion comes a second or two after you fire it off.

Raide

CarbonatedFalcon said:
Demon Hunter Bolo Shot is awesome. Animation has it wrap around the head of monsters (at least the zombies/skeletons). Neat design too as it's a delayed damage move - the explosion comes a second or two after you fire it off.

Cannot wait to see what the Runes do to it. :D

deleted

I'm trying to avoid spoilers, so I didn't watch a stream yet.

How long is the beta? Is it all 4 acts? Or just one? Or less than one?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Well I did record barbarian in hot quality but the shit turned out 4.6gb... wtf

F!ReW!Re

xyla said:

Just act 1 up to the SPOILER
Skeleton King

Heh, after watching some of the different streams I really would like to see some of the earlier haters come on here and tell us this still is too colorful and not creepy.
So far even though there's mostly low quality footage around, this game just seeps with quality, the lighting and voice acting especially are terrific... (also the physics look really well done as well)

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Anyone got a screenshot of the customization options? I mean game settings/options, visual / resolution and stuff like that,

KKRT00

xyla said:

Less than one and runes dont drop.

Corky said:
Anyone got a screenshot of the customization options? I mean game settings/options, visual / resolution and stuff like that,
On page 6 or 7 there is video with options overview.

Yoshichan said:
Well I did record barbarian in hot quality but the shit turned out 4.6gb... wtf
Can You make performance benchmark in combat with fraps and post it on google docs?

Yoshichan

Corky said:
bless your heart, so ehm on another note. WHEN CAN I COME VISIT YOUR WHITE ASS?! :'[
Remember what I said about late August gonna turn up all kinds of bad for me? Well it ended up happening now in September... no Internet for 2 straight weeks .______. (I'm currently trying to live at friends' place. Going from one person to another... it works when I tell them about Diablo 3...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom