• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Console Local Co-op - Missing Health Bar?

Lucifon

Just tried to play diablo 3 in local co-op on ps4 and the enemy health bar doesn't show when you're attacking them like in single player. Is this intentional or a bug? Seems like a huge oversight if it's intentional as there's no way of knowing how close to death an enemy is.

Only solution I've found is to enable all enemy health bars which isn't really a great solution. Seems like no reason why this would be intentional.

Just tried to play diablo 3 in local co-op on ps4 and the enemy health bar doesn't show when you're attacking them like in single player. Is this intentional or a bug? Seems like a huge oversight if it's intentional as there's no way of knowing how close to death an enemy is.

Only solution I've found is to enable all enemy health bars which isn't really a great solution. Seems like no reason why this would be intentional.

ummmm...thats not a solution?

Z3M0G

I think this is intentional... since there are multiple players which target enemy health bar would you choose to display?

I strongly suggest enabling all enemy health bars anyways... even for solo play. You'll find that you strategize your targeting a lot more without even realizing it.

Its intentional since too much is happening on screen. Oh and yes, you can enable it in options but it'll show everyone's health bar.

My advice is keep it off. Health bar will show up when it's a mini-boss or a boss. Health bars for grunts and minions is better off not shown since they die quite easily.

Lucifon

That seems totally stupid. Is 2 health bars rather than the 1 so much extra on screen? So instead we have to enable all health bars which just makes for a clusterfuck on the screen.

I agree. Do know that if its a character with a big chunk of health then it will show up, like a mini-boss or a boss.

Oh and couch coop is so much fun!

Fliesen

where would the health bar show? top edge of the screen?

if so - as others have pointed out, would you want 4 health bars if you were playing with 4 players?

I agree. Do know that if its a character with a big chunk of health then it will show up, like a mini-boss or a boss.

Oh and couch coop is so much fun!

is there any difference to leveling compared to the PC version? - after a casual playthrough in coop that wouldn't overwhelm my girlfriend mechanically - what level would we be?

i might just get it and try to get her hooked for one playthrough, but i doubt she'd ever give it a 2nd.

Wizman23

Banned

I'm guessing you are under level 15. Once you hit level 70 enemy health bars on ALL enemies are vital to surviving

is there any difference to leveling compared to the PC version? - after a casual playthrough in coop that wouldn't overwhelm my girlfriend mechanically - what level would we be?

i might just get it and try to get her hooked for one playthrough, but i doubt she'd ever give it a 2nd.

I played for 10-15 hrs in two days, just made it to Act III and both me and my brother are level 33 right now. The game is VERY EASY in Normal. Its a very casual game now with automatic loot distribution, balanced gameplay and more.

I say give it a go if you want a fun couch coop game. Its very quick drop-in and drop-out, and its a very beautiful looking game too!

Fliesen

I played for 10-15 hrs in two days, just made it to Act III and both me and my brother are level 33 right now. The game is VERY EASY in Normal. Its a very casual game now with automatic loot distribution, balanced gameplay and more.

I say give it a go if you want a fun couch coop game. Its very quick drop-in and drop-out, and its a very beautiful looking game too!

i know that from the PC version which i played religiously - but 10-15 hours is a huge time commitment to her, sadly.

who knows - i might just impulse buy it, still.

Lucifon

I'm guessing you are under level 15. Once you hit level 70 enemy health bars on ALL enemies are vital to surviving

We sat playing with the health bars on and I must admit I now can't go back haha. You get used to the health bar spam everywhere pretty quick and it starts to really come in handy.

Had a blast playing for almost 5 hours straight with my brother. It's a perfect couch co-op game. I really do feel the console version is actually significantly more fun than the PC version (which I also own).

Top Bottom