• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 4 beta sign ups for ps5 and xbsx

Faithless83

Banned
Sadly it's looking more and more likely that they'll produce a shit show:
pG2zuJJ.png

I'll subscribe to the beta though.
Good thing we still have PoE2 to look forward to.

Esca

Thanks for the heads up op. I wonder if they'll allow controller use on the pc version now, I find the controller a lot better to use with it. I liked D3 on console more than the PC version sure to it

Varteras

Gold Member
You need to learn to read. There’s nothing in the Tweet you linked to or Blizzard‘s site that mentions a console beta sign up.
Considering that you link your console account to your Battle.net account, would a beta sign-up not work for both PC and console if the game is available on both?

ManaByte

Gold Member
Considering that you link your console account to your Battle.net account, would a beta sign-up not work for both PC and console if the game is available on both?
The last time they did a console beta it didn’t work that way. This is just for the PC beta. The OP was making up the console beta part.

sircaw

Banned
Sadly it's looking more and more likely that they'll produce a shit show:
pG2zuJJ.png

I'll subscribe to the beta though.
Good thing we still have PoE2 to look forward to.
They did state you will not be able to buy items of power from the store, so only cosmetics i beilieve.

Josemayuste

I play offline on my xsx pretty often

You obviously have to use an offline character, but yeah

Hmm.. I'll try then, I have two offline characters too, but the game keeps asking me to sign in if I disable network connection

Edit: just tried on Switch airplane mode on and it works, it didn't launch the game before, thanks mate.

Last edited:
Hmm.. I'll try then, I have two offline characters too, but the game keeps asking me to sign in if I disable network connection
My Internet went down a few months ago and I was playing. Maybe I authenticated earlier in the day so it was fine? Was definitely able to play without Internet but not sure how strict they are when it comes to authenticating.

I’ve had issues with my Internet over the past year but have always been able to play my offline characters. Again, could be due to authenticating somewhat recently.

Last edited:
Is this back to D2 for loot? Or is it the same as Diablo III and Immortal, where you just find the same boring items with higher stats over and over again?
I can't and will never play those games. They just stuck ass. All of them.

whyman

D4 (so far) has a shared world design with instantiated parts, pretty much like diablo immortal or WoW. The chance that there is an offline mode with this kind of game design is slim to none.

Thats awesome that’s what I want. Sounds amazing, only thing I missed in Diablo 3 and what ended support for it too early.

Three

Yeah, I figured they would make everything exclusive.
Man I don't blame you. adamsapple's out here like it was not being hotly contested back then and I didn't get into a bunch of back and forths with xbox fans trying to argue that they would be multiplatform. Some were pretty adamant

You already know Diablo 4 will be exclusive.
Others petty adamant and wrong on all counts
Here come the 'But MS will surely put Overwatch 2, COD, and Diablo 4 on PS5 right?'
Yep they surely will. The other idea was that "at least Activison will go back to $60 games". Activision just increased the price of last gen versions of CoD to $70 two days ago. 🤷‍♂️
Fun times when money talks.

Be happy, this means your Activision games will no longer cost $70. Prices will be dropped down to $60, just like all other Microsoft first party games. So this is already going to end up eventually helping Playstation Gamers. With help from Microsoft, COD is likely to get better releases, and potentially more time to cook.

Last edited:

Monokrom

Thanks for the heads up op. I wonder if they'll allow controller use on the pc version now, I find the controller a lot better to use with it. I liked D3 on console more than the PC version sure to it
I'm with you on that, much better with controller.

DavidGzz

Yeah, melee characters feel better with a controller so I'm glad the PC version will actually support them unlike D3.

Top Bottom