• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Plan C is watching streams on your phone.
I intend on watching Kripparrian stream his inferno runs, definitely (1080p-quality)! I'll probably end up watching the VODs though, since I'll probably play the game myself at that point :3

TUSR

Banned
Amazon UK stopped taking preorders for the standard edition sometime yesterday presumably because they ran out of stock, I've never seen this happen with any other game.

That is simply amazing. I wonder what their long term profit off of the RMAH will pan out like.

Magnus

I'm hearing they're arriving at stores in the GTA. ELECTRIC.

Copies sold early accidentally wouldn't have access, would they? It'd be like WoW expansions, I imagine, with access only being permitted at midnight PST on the 15th, right?

Or did they change the fact that you have to have an active net connection to play any mode in this game?

Megasoum

Banned
This is nothing compared to what I fear is going to happen. My ISP has this tendency of turning off the Internet for hours during special moments (like the WotlK-release).

But fear not, GAF! I have a reserve plan in case my ISP decides to fuck itself. If this were to happen, I have a reserve computer at my friends house. I will drive for literally 5 minutes and I'll be there.

Now that I think about it... what if something goes wrong with my plan b? Fuck. I need a plan c, right this instant.

Stack up on free AOL discs!

Dresden

Copies sold early accidentally wouldn't have access, would they? It'd be like WoW expansions, I imagine, with access only being permitted at midnight PST on the 15th, right?

Or did they change the fact that you have to have an active net connection to play any mode in this game?

yep

The Chef

If I plan on playing this the majority of the time in co-op with a friend, is it necessary that we choose separate classes that perhaps compliment each other?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If I plan on playing this the majority of the time in co-op with a friend, is it necessary that we choose separate classes that perhaps compliment each other?
It's always good to play two separate classes. That way, when you two craft items, you'll be able to give the stuff you don't need to your partner (and vice-versa). It's what me and my buddies are gonna do, it is an efficient way of getting the gear you want from crafting as fast (and cheap) as possible.

scy

Probably not 100% completely necessary but might as well just so the two of you can just share drops easier.

maharg

idspispopd

I really wouldn't worry about that. Diablo is a pick-up-and-play game, it's not meant to be required that you plan everything perfectly. You *can* play it that way, and lots do, but it's not really necessary.

zlatko

Banned
Excuse me? Everybody loves Hurley!

He was the only character on Lost I couldn't stand. He's peachy on Alcatraz though.

Seriously though if YOU were on the island would you want to be him over everyone?

I'd be Kate so I can see myself naked all day everyday, and then become a couple with Juliet

injurai

Banned
Standard? Damn.

Yeah, this is getting crazy. I have never seen hype like this before, nor do I think I have felt it. HL3 will probably shutdown the world and create world peace when it launches.

He was the only character on Lost I couldn't stand. He's peachy on Alcatraz though.

Seriously though if YOU were on the island would you want to be him over everyone?

I'd be Kate so I can see myself naked all day everyday, and then become a couple with Juliet

Your telling me you disliked Hurley over Michael or Clair, who the what the fuck?!?!

the game is online only, afterall.

there will be a ~100mb patch released at midnight day 1 which will give us access to the game :(

Suairyu

Banned
Book of Cain arrived. Read up until the end of the Burning Hells section then realised it's probably best to wait until I've finished D2.

Really nice book, though.

I really wouldn't worry about that. Diablo is a pick-up-and-play game, it's not meant to be required that you plan everything perfectly. You *can* play it that way, and lots do, but it's not really necessary.
Agreed with this. It's typically less a matter of classes complimenting each other, and more a matter of not fighting over loot (hey, I found a nice +str axe, want it? Etc.)

Yoshichan

For two guys who have never played a Diablo game before, is playing on HC the way to go?
Fuck no. In hardcore, when you die, you die. That's it. GG. Restart your character.

I just realized something... since dob3 will be a region based unlock... wouldn't we just be able to use VPN for Australia come sunday (isn't that when it'd be midnight in Aus?)

this worked perfectly with battlefield 3 and I remember dozens of us in the OT had access a day early :)

would we just have to recreate a character come the US time? hmmm

LProtag

Ugh, I really shouldn't be spending money on games until I find a summer job, especially since this game will run like ass on my laptop... but I want it.

scy

Yeah, this is getting crazy. I have never seen hype like this before, nor do I think I have felt it. HL3 will probably shutdown the world and create world peace when it launches.

The backlash will be amazing when anything goes wrong for the Diablo III launch.

Same for HL3, though I imagine conditions will be vastly improved by 2020.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just realized something... since dob3 will be a region based unlock... wouldn't we just be able to use VPN for Australia come sunday (isn't that when it'd be midnight in Aus?)

this worked perfectly with battlefield 3 and I remember dozens of us in the OT had access a day early :)

If you have to re-make your character when your region launches, I fail to see the point. I hate lost progress.

Well, once the region restrictions unlock you could probably maintain that character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom