• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
I just realized something... since dob3 will be a region based unlock... wouldn't we just be able to use VPN for Australia come sunday (isn't that when it'd be midnight in Aus?)

this worked perfectly with battlefield 3 and I remember dozens of us in the OT had access a day early :)

would we just have to recreate a character come the US time? hmmm

The North American servers probably won't be up before midnight PST anyway... So I guess you could play on the Australian Servers (is there even Aus servers?) but then you will have to restart from scratch on your real server a couple of hours later.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Doesn't necessarily have to be a Starbucks specifically. Are there any café type places that have free wi-fi in Sweden?
Not that I'm aware of :( I haven't really checked where there's wi-fi... I think there should be one at my nearest train station! That would be hilarious though... Yoshi, sitting in a train-station, playing Diablo 3 on launch.

maharg

idspispopd
Hardcore in this game is going to be kind of ridiculously hard, I think. What with the unescapable boss areas, no potion spamming, warmup on townportals (not to mention you can't pre-make them), etc.

zlatko

Banned
But diablo can be your job...

FBU2b.gif

Zia

Oh, crap. I had my Amazon order connected to my local banking account which has about $20 in it. Was going to switch it over this weekend. Why are they shipping out already?!

If you have to re-make your character when your region launches, I fail to see the point. I hate lost progress.

Well, once the region restrictions unlock you could probably maintain that character.

wait a second... you can't move characters from region to region..? (question mark)

The North American servers probably won't be up before midnight PST anyway... So I guess you could play on the Australian Servers (is there even Aus servers?) but then you will have to restart from scratch on your real server a couple of hours later.

fuck it, if I can play earlier I will. and iirc it's a good ~12 hours earlier... my main will be a demon hunter so I'll roll something like a Monk just to play :)

I really hope this will work... I see no reason for it not to.

Does anyone have any idea how scalable this game is? I don't currently have a gaming PC but I have a newer laptop and I am dying to play this.. even if it looks like hell.

scy

Oh, crap. I had my Amazon order connected to my local banking account which has about $20 in it. Was going to switch it over this weekend. Why are they shipping out already?!

Mine hasn't budged at all if that makes you feel any better. Release-Day Delivery + Texas etc. etc.

injurai

Banned
I just realized something... since dob3 will be a region based unlock... wouldn't we just be able to use VPN for Australia come sunday (isn't that when it'd be midnight in Aus?)

this worked perfectly with battlefield 3 and I remember dozens of us in the OT had access a day early :)

would we just have to recreate a character come the US time? hmmm

It worked with Skyrim and steam. And yeah it should work, but as far as I know there are no oceania servers. Instead they use the North American ones. So I think Australia unlocks with NA.

Hardcore in this game is going to be kind of ridiculously hard, I think. What with the unescapable boss areas, no potion spamming, warmup on townportals (not to mention you can't pre-make them), etc.

Besides who plays hardcore ON launch?

You don't know the game, you don't know ANY strategies for never before seen levels and bosses, you really don't know nothing.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Like Kripparrian said in his latest video, story bosses seem to have the exact same skills and patterns no matter what difficulty your playing. So basically, this means that you can actually practice the bosses on softcore normal and if you can beat them without getting hit, then you'll be able to do the same thing in hardcore + inferno~

KorrZ

So I've decided that instead of killing myself waiting all day at work to get home and play Diablo 3. I'm going to sleep right after work on Monday until the servers open @ 3AM EST...and then play for 5 hours until I have to work again. It's the only way I'll feel good about life.

TUSR

Banned

no more esc->leave game

people are doomed.

Like Kripparrian said in his latest video, story bosses seem to have the exact same skills and patterns no matter what difficulty your playing. So basically, this means that you can actually practice the bosses on softcore normal and if you can beat them without getting hit, then you'll be able to do the same thing in hardcore + inferno~

Find it hard to believe they dont have different skills through modes

plays guide agrees with him though :(

It worked with Skyrim and steam. And yeah it should work, but as far as I know there are no oceania servers. Instead they use the North American ones. So I think Australia unlocks with NA.

don't say that to me! What about Asia? Russia? They have to be a good 8-10 hours earlier than us...

Yoshichan

wait a second... you can't move characters from region to region..? (question mark)
You create a character on a specific region. That character will be locked to that region.

maharg

idspispopd
Does anyone have any idea how scalable this game is? I don't currently have a gaming PC but I have a newer laptop and I am dying to play this.. even if it looks like hell.

I have a Toshiba Z830, which has 6GB of RAM, a Core i7 @1.8GHz (w/ Intel HD3000) and it plays fine with all the power-saving stuff turned off (including and especially the BIOS controls).

Yoshichan

Find it hard to believe they dont have different skills through modes
The Brady Games-guide confirmed that, pretty much. However this is only for main bosses in the game (Skeleton King, etc). Actual champions/rare mobs seems to have all kinds of new abilities and tricks!

Instro

You should be fine. I've been using a 7900gs ever since my 8800gt blew out a few months ago, still ran the beta at a high fps albeit on low settings.

scy

Besides who plays hardcore ON launch?

You don't know the game, you don't know ANY strategies for never before seen levels and bosses, you really don't know nothing.

That's half the fun! Decided my solo character will go Hardcore. Once I figure out what it is (probably DH, I guess).

injurai

Banned
That's half the fun! Decided my solo character will go Hardcore. Once I figure out what it is (probably DH, I guess).

I will not be going HC, don't want to sour my experience with one bad encounter. I want to explore the difficulties before trying to clear them with a HC.

ShaneB

Thanks for the input.

For two guys who have never played a Diablo game before, is playing on HC the way to go?

You can switch?

God no about HC if you're new :) HC mode is permadeath. You do not want that.

And he didn't mean switch per se, just means make a new character :p

edit: yeah, I'm just going to give up on quotes and trying to keep a conversation, this thread moves too fast.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Mine hasn't budged at all if that makes you feel any better. Release-Day Delivery + Texas etc. etc.

My CE is still "not yet shipped." Amazon order status page will usually show something as "Shipping soon" if its ~1 day away from heading out, and that hasn't ticked over yet.

Global play means you can create characters on different regions than your own (retail) copy.

thank you for confirming this :)

Then that should work, but you would have to restart your characters if you switch back over it NA.

well, obviously it'll be a character that won't be my main... I just gotta get my fix

But all the loot... ALL THAT LOOT ;_;...

DON'T JUDGE (-_\\\)

I need it in me

foladar

Anybody think there'd be a large difference in using 4gb vs 8gb? I'm running an i5 2400 + 8600gt right now, trying to get an upgrade on the graphics card but holding out for a decent deal. It's a bit sluggish due to the gpu obviously, but I wasn't sure if the 4gb extra ram would be a big difference.

Hardcore in this game is going to be kind of ridiculously hard, I think. What with the unescapable boss areas, no potion spamming, warmup on townportals, etc.

This is why the Monk, with dedicated healing skills, in addition to the death-cheating passive, is probably the theoretical strongest character for Hardcore.

post ur specs and we'll make a guess

off the top of my head..

It has a 2.4 ghz dual core Athlon II, 4 gigs of memory and a mobility 4250HD

make no mistake I know this will not run it awesome but if I can make it run at least 20 fps+ even at lower res I will be happy until I can get a new computer.

it seems to run SWTOR pretty good on low.

edit: FFFff I am pretty sure that is close to what I have.

Yoshichan

I have a feeling Waller + Electricity-enchanted fuckers are going be the cause of my first HC death :(

scy

I will not be going HC, don't want to sour my experience with one bad encounter. I want to explore the difficulties before trying to clear them with a HC.

I figure I'll play my Monk more than my solo character so I'll see all the sights, as it were, that way. Just want to do HC because why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom