• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheExodu5

Banned
Some seem to have the issues and some don't. Unfortunately, I can't press Shift+w+space at the same time, which is an issue in some games (not as bad for me because I always map jump to middle mouse button). That's why I bought the Sidewinder X4, which is nice as well but it isn't near as nice to type on. The Illuminated keyboard is perfect for me. I love low profile keys.

My Illuminated doesn't block on Shift + W + Space. The only two noticeable blocking combos I've found are:

n't
ine

Only an issue if you somehow type fast enough so that you're still pressing the first when you go to press the third.

So does anyone want to buy a D3 key from me for, let's say $55.00 flat, PayPal only, Tuesday May 15th around 5:00PM Mountain Time USA?

Hahah.

I'm considering that route and giving the regular copy to a friend, but he might want the physical copy. I'll have to ask him this weekend maybe. I'd probably sell it to him for $40 as a sort of gift if I do go through with it. $60 extra (as a full gift) is just too much out of pocket right now.

But my CE could still get here early from Amazon, so there's that. And I can probably wait until it arrives if it comes the day of anyway. It depends if I succumb even more to the hype.

Xdrive05

I'm rocking this combo:

razer-nostromo-gallery4.jpg

medium_G9_CTG-cropped.jpg

The Nostromo is super comfy and will map skills/macros very well. Tho I doubt I'll use macros. At least at first.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
My mouse is the Logitech G400.

jwxog.jpg

I absolutely love it.

Pachinko

Anyone else with a 3d monitor test it out in the beta to see if it works in the final game ? This game has all the right ingredients to work well with 3d - fixed camera, isometric perspective. Starcraft 2 looks pretty sweet with it turned on. I've been killing time playing diablo 2 for the first time ever this past week.

ShaneB

So does anyone want to buy a D3 key from me for, let's say $55.00 flat, PayPal only, Tuesday May 15th around 5:00PM Mountain Time USA?

I sent you a pm... but I've got a gift card from christmas I've still got that I planned to use on a retail purchase, but if it's still available, I would definitely think about it.

forrest

formerly nacire
I tried using Nostromo a few years back, felt so odd I had to give up.

I felt the same way when I got mine. Then I sat down, completely set it up for raiding in Vanilla WoW and haven't looked back since. Absolutely loved it in the D3 beta as well. I'm using the Belkin N52 though, not the Razer Nostromo.

Ferrio

Banned
I hope you guys are packing authenticators... going to be a ton of sad people who will get preyed on cause they didn't play WoW to learn their lesson.

Alex

I have the choice of a Logitech Illuminated Keyboard:

14557.png

or a Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard:

images

I think I'm going to go with my Logitech Illuminated Keyboard. It has ghosting issues but it shouldn't be a problem for this game and it feels so nice.

Illuminated is bad for gaming since it blocks popular key combos because its not a "gaming" keyboard and Logitech is full of shit but it'd be ok for diablo.

My keyboard of choice, after g15s, illuminated, etc is..... A 12 dollar media keyboard I got off eBay. It's worked the best :lol Ill be using if and a mx518 for as long as I can

Soule

It pleases me to see the G9 is a recurring theme in this thread, there'll be many clicks to be had and I'm confident the G9 will see me through this journey in style and comfort.

Less than 100 hours to go.

http://i.imgur.com/NSSyM.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

This also pleases me >:D

Soule

Hmmmm... I guess that's me. I'll go ahead an get the iPhone app.

They're a bit of a pain in the ass but omg is getting hacked a much larger pain. WoW was ridiculous I think just about all my close friends I played with got hacked at some point, Authenticator is a must for me.

Alex

It pleases me to see the G9 is a recurring theme in this thread, there'll be many clicks to be had and I'm confident the G9 will see me through this journey in style and comfort.

This also pleases me >:D

The scroll wheel on the g9 I had totally ruined it for me. Missed the cushiony, easier to click in one on the mx518. I just wish the mx wasn't so damned ugly, I like the contours but not the weird faux dents and crap in the pattern.

scy

What is all this talk of authenticators? I never played WoW.

Either a keyfob or iPhone/Android app that generates a code to verify your login. It's an extra step of protection for your account since Blizzard games are pretty prone to account hacking :x

Alex

It's an app you get for a smart phone or tablet or a dongle that provides security for your account. Battle.net accounts, due to wow, are REALLY popular to crack into and steal, kind of like the new credit card theft, awkwardly.

I think they should just do something like steam does, myself, though.i hate putting in that code every time. At least they made it so in wow it would only have to be put in once in awhile but for the website and stuff also it gets old.

sazzy

Its a 2-step login system.

You input your password.

Then get a code from your Authenticator. Lasts for 30 secs.

Input auth code.

You have the option to input the auth code once a week.

But you will always need an auth code if a) you log in to battle.net website to change password/info/cc details etc or b) your IP address changes from your last log in IP.

edit- you can get a free Authenticator on your Android and iPhone. Or pay to get a physical one.

I'm rocking this combo:

razer-nostromo-gallery4.jpg

The Nostromo is super comfy and will map skills/macros very well. Tho I doubt I'll use macros. At least at first.

Sheeeet.... I used the old Nostromo N52 for Battlefield 2, picked it up because my hand used to cramp on the keyboard, and I absolutely loved it. Very tempting to try out this newer one.

zlatko

Banned

Basically if some asshole hacked your account, and logged in on a different PC then what you use, then it auto red flags it for Blizzard to lock your account down.

Well the authenticators you can buy from them basically give you a random code you hit a button for, then put that in as your password. Thus it's always changing.

They also have a dial in authenticator that I touched on. Basically they'd lock it down, then call you on your phone to ask if you were the one playing on this computer, etc.

Really great means to protect your shit, and to be honest, necessary for Blizzard games with an economy of any kind. My WoW account was dormant for a few years, then randomly got hacked when I didn't even have it active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom