• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT2| Queues Rise. Servers Fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCGeek

formerly sane
What's the Azmodan leveling trick? I have no intention of abusing it since I actually find it rewarding the level up my characters legitimately.

Legit if the game didn't want you speed running blizzard could've easily have prevented people going in to a certain part of act doing it and then simply leaving to rinse and repeat. That's all it is teleport to a checkpoint just before the heart of sin kill him go to act 4 kill first boss.

Butchers main pull is obvious just watch his arm go up wait and then dodge before it comes out. Unless it's lag it's easy as hell abuse.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Legit if the game didn't want you speed running blizzard could've easily have prevented people going in to a certain part of act doing it and then simply leaving to rinse and repeat. That's all it is teleport to a checkpoint just before the heart of sin kill him go to act 4 kill first boss.

Butchers main pull is obvious just watch his arm go up wait and then dodge before it comes out. Unless it's lag it's easy as hell abuse.
His insta aoe chains deal around 33k with very very little startup. Also he has a lot of health and if you don't kill him fast enough the floor kills you.

Stupid easy if you have gear since his AI is so bad.

Sophia

I would just like to say: Fuck Horde, Knock Back, Arcane Enchanted Uniques with an entire group of minions to aid them. Seriously.

And my reward for dying four times and killing them? A Witch doctor wepaon. With Strength. FML.

Ramirez

Ferrio, are you still using the grenade spec for Inferno? I find its range a little lacking for some fights, but the damage is great...

LordCanti

His insta aoe chains deal around 33k with very very little startup. Also he has a lot of health and if you don't kill him fast enough the floor kills you.

Stupid easy if you have gear since his AI is so bad.

Me and Ferrio just did it. It went fairly swimmingly, since Ferrio crits for hundreds of thousands of damage :p

His chains did get me a couple of times though, which made it take more tries than it should have. They come from off screen, and you've got no warning. Really one of the most frustrating attacks (other than Bel's meteors) in the game.

Obviously my 18ish normal damage and 30ish crit isn't enough. Why they balanced Act 1 for Act 4 Inferno gear is beyond me.

Ferrio

Banned
Ferrio, are you still using the grenade spec for Inferno? I find its range a little lacking for some fights, but the damage is great...

Unfortunately I had to toss it. In order for it to be effective you need lots of attack speed. I was only able to get a good 2h bow. Getting two good 1h bows is *alot* tougher. I can't imagine how much a high dps hand xbow with speed modifiers would cost. Not to mention all lvl 60 attack speed items are pricey. I'd love to be able to run it again.

Cluster bomb just decimates bosses.

Right now I'm running this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aZlXjV!aYe!ccbZYY

Just got a 160k? crit on Butcher in inferno with Canti.

Sophia

Okay, one too many deaths at the hands of Arcane-Enchanted mobs. Fuck it, I'm playing my Wizard.

LEAH SHADDUP I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR GREAT POWER AND HOW YOU CAN'T CONTROL IT. >.<;

LordCanti

Unfortunately I had to toss it. In order for it to be effective you need lots of attack speed. I was only able to get a good 2h bow. Getting two good 1h bows is *alot* tougher. I can't imagine how much a high dps hand xbow with speed modifiers would cost. Not to mention lvl 60 attack speed items are pricey. I'd love to be able to run it again.

Cluster bomb just decimates bosses.

Right now I'm running this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aZlXjV!aYe!ccbZYY

Just got a 160k? crit on Butcher in inferno with Canti.

You don't have Sharpshooter on? You could start every encounter with massive crit damage if you did. I thought that was the basis for your build.

Ferrio

Banned
You don't have Sharpshooter on? You could start every encounter with massive crit damage if you did. I thought that was the basis for your build.

Sharpshooter is the worst passive.

Here's an example. My attack crit chance is ~20%. So 1 in 5 attacks crit. My attack speed is about 2. So I do 2 attacks a second.

That means I crit every 2.5 seconds. Which means that passive resets every 2.5 seconds, which means it never gets over 6% crit... which is horrible.

Ya... I could start a fight with 100% crit chance... but that doesn't mean squat. I could of critted anyway with the 20% crit.

Twinduct

yep, after getting to lvl 26 with my wizard, I have zero intention of going back to my NM Barb. Farewell strongtits, you were fun but fundamentally broken.

LordCanti

Here's an example. My attack crit chance is ~20%. So 1 in 5 attacks crit. My attack speed is about 2. So I do 2 attacks a second.

That means I crit every 2.5 seconds. Which means that passive resets every 2.5 seconds, which means it never gets over 6% crit... which is horrible.

I like launching into attacks at full DPS. With the +crit damage gear you have, you could send lightning through a pack for crazy damage as long as you let it build to 100% first.

Tactical advantage is so necessary though that I may drop SS. I had TA on for most of normal-hell but found that I didn't need it in Act 1. Act 2 has faster enemies, so that may have to change.

Neki

Ya... I could start a fight with 100% crit chance... but that doesn't mean squat. I could of critted anyway with the 20% crit.

Anyone know if the crit chance of a shot is determined when it hits the opponent, or when it leaves the bow? If it's the latter, SS would be godlike. It's already godlike with spike traps + bandolier.

Sophia

yep, after getting to lvl 26 with my wizard, I have zero intention of going back to my NM Barb. Farewell strongtits, you were fun but fundamentally broken.

That's what I'm feeling, and I'm only level 10 with my Wizard. Barbarians are just too broke to play right now. And I never wanted to play a kiting, resistance stacking tank anyhow.

LordCanti

Anyone know if the crit chance of a shot is determined when it hits the opponent, or when it leaves the bow? If it's the latter, SS would be godlike. It's already godlike with spike traps + bandolier.

When it leaves the bow, I'd say. I let my crit get to 100, and then I start rapidfire going for much more damage than I could do otherwise. The numbers all show up yellow, so I assume it's taking the crit damage and using that for each cast.

If you had a build with +crit damage gear, you could do some pretty major damage before the enemy could even do anything about it. Then again, I'd still have to bust out the caltrops+traps combo for champ mobs, so what's the point?

Ferrio

Banned
When it leaves the bow, I'd say. I let my crit get to 100, and then I start rapidfire going for much more damage than I could do otherwise. The numbers all show up yellow, so I assume it's taking the crit damage and using that for each cast.

That's a special case with rapidfire. Don't know if it applies to other skills.

If it is when it leaves the bow, then you'd need to build around slow attacks. Like elemental, or (ugh) serpentine chakram.

Twinduct

That's what I'm feeling, and I'm only level 10 with my Wizard. Barbarians are just too broke to play right now. And I never wanted to play a kiting, resistance stacking tank anyhow.

Same. The wizard only really clicked with me once I hit Disintegrate. But yeah I did not think my barb will have to become a meatshield to survive even the smallest encounters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom