• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT2| Queues Rise. Servers Fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You underestimate the colour of the font.

Someone should remix that Episode 3 GIF to be Diablo-related. (The one that gets thrown around here with April Fools/Ban text.)

Also, I'll just have you know that you guys are making me stay up late, keeping tabs on this thread. If I went to sleep, I know it'd certainly hit over 20k by the time I woke up.

*Back to watching Star Trek: Voyager*

balddemon

Banned
Someone should remix that Episode 3 GIF to be Diablo-related. (The one that gets thrown around here with April Fools/Ban text.)

Also, I'll just have you know that you guys are making me stay up late, keeping tabs on this thread. If I went to sleep, I know it'd certainly hit over 20k by the time I woke up.

why not just make it and ask a mod to lock it?

Ferrio

Banned
So can anyone answer this for me concretely.

When a skill says % of weapon damage... it means the weapon damage and not DPS right? So a faster weapon with the same DPS as a slow weapon will hit less hard for skills right? I heard there's difference if there's a cooldown involved and such. Is there some place this is concretely defined?

LordCanti

I accidentally put that amulet from earlier up for 2 mil instead of 1 mil. I didn't notice until it was too late.

It was a Hail Mary at 1 mil. At 2 mil it's a joke.

2 days later... I will finally make a buck off of it.

I can't sleep due to the soft weeping.

Dizzy-4U

My character got resetted back to lvl 1, no friend list, no progress, back to normal difficulty. Is this a known bug or am I screwed?

LordCanti

Anyone remember how much Tomes of Secret were going for when the Auction House still had the appearance of functionality? I've got over a hundred of them and nothing to use them on.

My character got resetted back to lvl 1, no friend list, no progress, back to normal difficulty. Is this a known bug or am I screwed?

Submit a ticket. I don't know if it's normal or not, but that's the solution.

Dizzy-4U

Submit a ticket. I don't know if it's normal or not, but that's the solution.
Well, fuck, I'll do that :/

I have the authenticator and everything. I don't know if my account was hacked or not, but can you delete the achievements for example? I have none. Very strange...

LordCanti

I have the authenticator and everything. I don't know if my account was hacked or not, but can you delete the achievements for example? I have none. Very strange...

It doesn't sound like your account was compromised (unless there's some reason a scammer would delete an account after pillaging it that I don't know of).

Blizzard should be able to roll you back I'd think. I can't be sure though.

Not everyone can afford a 1mil lvl60 800+dps item off the bat from the AH.

I want this 1200 DPS bow for 10 million gold. What a bargain.

Someone needs to make one of those flow charts for Diablo 3.

Did you get owned? - Yes - Go the auction house - Did you get owned? - Yes - Go to the auction house - Did you get owned? - No - Sell things in the auction house

Wallach

Are you sure it didn't just randomly change your region (i.e. you logged into EU/Asia instead of NA)? I don't know why you'd have a level 1 though.

Also, sort of news. Amazon (US) is temporarily out of stock of Diablo III standard edition. It's currently being fulfilled by a 3rd party for more than the MSRP.

It does say it will be back in stock on the 29th, but I've never seen anything like this before. It's kind of unprecedented.

Amazon UK has already got two additional transports of Diablo III and when they went online they were gone in less than 60 minutes ...

And in Poland we had to pre-order our places for second transport of Diablo after first one was gone in 3 days.

Tacitus_

I always see legendaries for high prices, but I couldn't tell you if anyone actually buys them or not. It's kind of comical to see something like a windforce (top legendary bow) on a page with things costing maybe 500k, but it's over 10 million. The RMAH should even that market out, I'd hope.

Haha, 10 million would mean the item is worth ~300$ in real money.

Reikon

This game was suppose to last me until guild wars 2 :( I knew it wasn't going to but... man a month atleast maybe?

I was hoping the game would last me until GW2 was released too... but I quit after a week. It didn't even last until the next GW2 BWE for me.

Hit 59 tonight, was struggling a little bit and went to the AH to find some upgrades. found this axe for just under 10k! crazy upped my dps to almost 15k which I think is pretty good for hell still.

wN3ck.jpg

It's funny people leveling all the class to lv60 with the azmodan trick in 8-12h... This game is already broken. :(

They'll probably fix it. I doubt it's as high on the priority list as some other things, even though they could implement a quick fix at least just by changing some numbers around.

I don't know why anyone would really want to do that though. Ruins the fun from my perspective. Maybe for hardcore. But they'd just be killing the game for themselves in softcore.

LordCanti

Haha, 10 million would mean the item is worth ~300$ in real money.

I'm not sure gold will cost that much...

So who wants to kill inferno Belial for me? hehe

I'd give it a try, but I can't get out of Act 1 lol.

Who wants to kill
The Butcher
for me? :p

I remember someone said 1K=$.03 in real money so $300 would be correct.

Based on what though? The RMAH isn't open. Gold could go for anything.

Thrakier

Hm, I find it annoying how the game shows two handed weapons as always better because they don't figure out that the shield is gone as well.

Wow.........end of act 2 was a pain in the ass on nightmare, fuck you act 2 final boss, fuck you

that wasn't bad at all. I hit a major brick wall in the fields of slaughter(act3) with a champion pack of heralds of pestilence. i must have died 7 times. it didn't help that i pulled them all the way back to my waypoint/spawn.

red731

that wasn't bad at all. I hit a major brick wall in the fields of slaughter(act3) with a champion heralds of pestilence pack. i must have died 7 times. it didn't help that i pulled them all the way back to my waypoint/spawn.

Well, that is not good, but not certaintly worse than unique pack of those leapers that are fast, electric and with extra health brought to Tristram.

Everyone who joined was like "wtf"(dead) and the rest of us were like "surprise! :3"

LordCanti

Auction house bargain hunting is my favorite part of the game.

Just scored this

swjRB.png

for 50k.

Are there DH's out there looking for resistances? Seems like a futile effort when things pound you over the head in one shot anyway.

Or is the +dex and +str irrelevant next to the other stats?

So how is everyone making mass gold on here?

There has to be more strategies than just selling

At 5 stacks of nephalem's valor in Inferno, you'll turn over corpses and kick barrels to find over a thousand gold. It adds up very, very quickly. Other than that, yeah, just buying low and selling high. I buy stuff fairly regularly for 30-40k that sells pretty quickly at 100-200k. Doesn't take many transactions for the gold to pile up. I listen to podcasts (which I'd be doing anyway) and just churn through.

Ferrio

Banned
Are there DH's out there looking for resistances? Seems like a futile effort when things pound you over the head in one shot anyway.

I havne't gotton to act 2 yet. But I know for a fact a mortar would of took me out if it wasn't for them. I'm not going crazy with them.. I'm at 40% resist... which seems like a good middle ground.

Not to mention people tend to undervalue resists on the AH a lot more than main stats. So it's easy to get say a 100 DEX resist belt, than a 160 dex non-resist belt for cheap.

Zeliard

At 5 stacks of nephalem's valor in Inferno, you'll turn over corpses and kick barrels to find over a thousand gold. It adds up very, very quickly. Other than that, yeah, just buying low and selling high. I buy stuff fairly regularly for 30-40k that sells pretty quickly at 100-200k. Doesn't take many transactions for the gold to pile up. I listen to podcasts (which I'd be doing anyway) and just churn through.

Even on Nightmare with a high Gold Find you'll frequently come across individual stacks of 500 gold.

LordCanti

I havne't gotton to act 2 yet. But I know for a fact a mortar would of took me out if it wasn't for them. I'm not going crazy with them.. I'm at 40% resist... which seems like a good middle ground.

Not to mention people tend to undervalue resists on the AH a lot more than main stats. So it's easy to get say a 100 DEX resist belt, than a 160 dex non-resist belt for cheap.

Makes sense I guess.

I need out of Act 1 of Inferno in the worst way. I'm so close to just paying someone.

Even on Nightmare with a high Gold Find you'll frequently come across individual stacks of 500 gold.

It's trade off since you won't get loot that will sell for a decent amount on the AH from Nightmare. I see your point though.

Neki

I'm up to 222 resist, I hope to get 400 so I might not get one shot.

Ferrio

Banned
Act 1's boss. I can't do it. The mechanics are too squishy to solo, and any group I've gotten into has fallen apart after multiple boss failures. The floor timer is just too darn short ><

I can try helping right now.

Just a few attempts though, it's late.

Ferrio#1708

aznpxdd

What's the Azmodan leveling trick? I have no intention of abusing it since I actually find it rewarding the level up my characters legitimately.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Current cost of gold to my understanding:
JSP to Gold = $100 a mil
Gold Seller 2 days ago = $60 a mil
Gold Sellers now = $30 a mil?

Will be interesting for sure. I think another 4 days of farming along with steep cuts for 'exiting' the RMAH will be enough to deflate gold even more massively, but at least not too many people are in Inferno right now and most chest exploits are fixed.

I've got an equivalent 11 mil stored so I'd like to make something back if possible.
Act 1's boss. I can't do it. The mechanics are too squishy to solo (his chains come out of nowhere), and any group I've gotten into has fallen apart after multiple boss failures. The floor timer is just too darn short ><
Get 20k DPS or you aren't even trying. Shoot from off screen with your follower and just make sure you have life steal tenrils as a rune and have 33k HP to survive one hit. ezpz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom