• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT2| Queues Rise. Servers Fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordCanti

Anyone know what I should charge for this?

yfQjG.png

I'm thinking quite a bit, but I can't get a good read on it. I never use the enchantress.

I think I found the crappiest rare ring ever.

37ptS.jpg

Yes, yes you did.

Neki

Anyone know what I should charge for this?

yfQjG.png

I'm thinking quite a bit, but I can't get a good read on it. I never use the enchantress.

Yes, yes you did.

I'd pay a lot for that, lolz. Looks like the best stats on an enchant necklace I've ever seen. :O

Solo'd my Monk from Normal to Hell, and started Inferno. Goddamn its hard. Either it is not designed to be solo'd, or I am significantly undergeared at the moment.

Talon

Also, sort of news. Amazon (US) is temporarily out of stock of Diablo III standard edition. It's currently being fulfilled by a 3rd party for more than the MSRP.

It does say it will be back in stock on the 29th, but I've never seen anything like this before. It's kind of unprecedented.
Actually, Amazon seems to run short stock on a lot of Nintendo games recently. There was an extended period where they sold Mario games second hand.

Might just be something on Amazon's odd. Maybe they're shortening their stock intentionally?

Kaiden

Neo Member
Bit the bullet and started Inferno tonight. Was actually able to stack 5 Valor buffs and take the Skeleton King down after 2 attempts!

Also I think I look pretty cool right now since the vendor started selling me the Abyssal Dye.
3R7i7.png

Sorry for the low-res. It plays better that way.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I think I'm coming to the conclusion that some people play this game for different reasons than I do: some people don't seem to want a challenge, and view the loot as the entire and exclusive purpose of the end game. I'm guessing some people actually enjoyed Baal runs and are looking forward to an extremely easy, highly repetitive process of farming. All I can say is that this isn't what I want, but that doesn't make me the majority opinion nor does it mean I find Inferno to be the ideal solution to this situation.
The issue people take with the challenge is that it isn't genuine. Mobs are given largely unavoidable skill sets that make encounters frustrating gear checks, the solution to which is often banging one's head against the wall. Additionally, there aren't checks in place that offer a steady difficulty curve that teaches players how to adjust to the challenges presented. Instead the difficulty scale is one of sudden and awkward peaks, followed by plummeting into brainlessly bashing through waves of normal minions. All of the difficulty is currently funneled in to these single mob packs instead of being shifted across the game. It's really weird.
As a counter to this video, I suggest watching Kripparian's stream, in which I have already seen him easily and handily clearing Inferno Act II as a Barbarian (he is currently working his way through Act III inferno slowly, but steadily without ridiculously repetitive suicide runs). He accomplished this so fast by bypassing the content and glitching it, but a regular player could accomplish it by hundreds of hours of farming -- similar to the hundreds of hours people seemed to spend on Baal runs, except much more fun because the boss isn't a cakewalk in the process.
I fail to see how this is a counter to the video when it's brought up in the video. A Barbarian who has played non stop for the past week and a half at probably for maybe twelve hours a day, who cheated, schemed, and farmed later acts up as a group on top of doing that intense amounts of farming isn't able to get past Act 3 in Inferno because the game is so unfriendly to melee on later difficulty levels. Even with hundreds of hours of farming it is unlikely that many characters will be as well geared as Kipp. Were he a ranged class with that level of gear his progress would be immeasurably faster.

I don't even feel that Diablo 3 lends itself well to farming. Zone layouts are extremely poor in terms of randomization. Act III and IV are particularly egregious, so it really feels like you're stuck doing the same thing over and over again. There are way simply way too many set pieces, or zones that are largely unchanging. For a game of this type I just don't understand how you don't get this right.

LordCanti

Go for more than 150 on that. I don't use the enchantress that's why I said 50k (I would put it on her and it would just sit there.). You can probably get 200k+ no problem.

I'm seeing similar items over a million that don't have quite the stats. It's just hard to tell if anyone is actually buying this stuff.

Look at the time remaining.

Good point. There is a lot of time off all of these auctions. Hmm...

I don't even feel that Diablo 3 lends itself well to farming. Zone layouts are extremely poor in terms of randomization. Act III and IV are particularly egregious, so it really feels like you're stuck doing the same thing over and over again. There are way simply way too many set pieces, or zones that are largely unchanging. For a game of this type I just don't understand how you don't get this right.

How about
Whimsyshire
runs?

coopolon

So me and my friends are in NM Act 2 (~41) and I'm starting to feel like my monk is rather pointless. The barb is tanking better than me, and the Wizard and DH are doing way more DPS than I am. They all appreciate my mantras and occasional heals, but that's about it.

IT's kind of bumming me out.

Maybe that's why they want to encourage finding champs/elites?

Though after hundreds of farming runs, sometimes you just want to get to the (fixed) boss location. There's a reason map hack was the most popular hack by far in d2

FUCKING FUCK! I hate that I'm trying to move to a certain spot on the screen but it has me as having the mouse cursor over a monster when it's not even close to it, so whenever I try to move to that spot, I end up attacking instead. I've died too many times to count because of that stupid fucking issue.

Wallach

Just did A2 boss solo on Hell, it would have been a lot less annoying without the latency that is still plaguing this game. I think I had to do 7-8 attempts to get one where I got a clean shot and killed him. Kind of a stupid encounter even without the lag, though. I'm not sure I like anything about A2 other than the aesthetic & music.

Neki

So me and my friends are in NM Act 2 (~41) and I'm starting to feel like my monk is rather pointless. The barb is tanking better than me, and the Wizard and DH are doing way more DPS than I am. They all appreciate my mantras and occasional heals, but that's about it.

IT's kind of bumming me out.

Monk is a support/off tank class in higher levels. Everyone needs support!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Maybe that's why they want to encourage finding champs/elites?
This just means you have to scour locations you're already largely familiar with in order to check for those mobs. The game is based around finding them, but the process of doing that often isn't very fun.

Sothpaw

FUCKING FUCK! I hate that I'm trying to move to a certain spot on the screen but it has me as having the mouse cursor over a monster when it's not even close to it, so whenever I try to move to that spot, I end up attacking instead. I've died too many times to count because of that stupid fucking issue.

Go to keybinds and bind move to a key.

im looking for +damage rings to replace the ones I got in normal. i don't see a +damage option in the drop down menu in the AH. does it even have one?

balddemon

Banned

u can bind move to a diff mouse button if you have more than 2 buttons

im thinking of binding it to a button that i normally use to go back on browsers

tch

Ok played solo through Normal and Nightmare with my Wizard. Playing through again with a friend. Should I roll a Barbarian or a Witch Doctor? I'm leaning just a bit towards a Barb only because I have NO idea how a WD plays/ if it's any fun.

Ferrio

Banned
Gotta love the "backlash" on the internet: everyone hates D3, thinks it is a shameful entry in the franchise yet still play it after logging in over 70 hours.

Reason I'm not too pleased is because I doubt I see myself playing it anymore come 1-2 weeks. It's more being let down than anything.

Wish certain stats weren't so confined to certain pieces.

I really wish there was a crit chance gem.

LordCanti

Reason I'm not too pleased is because I doubt I see myself playing it anymore come 1-2 weeks. It's more being let down than anything.

Wish certain stats weren't so confined to certain pieces.

I really wish there was a crit chance gem.

I can't see myself on the treadmill to better gear for Inferno. Hours of farming Act 1 and I didn't get anything my character could use (at 5 stacks of NV). When the RMAH hits I may cash out and just wait until they actually balance the game properly. The whole "we don't want you dodging melee attacks" thing really has me soured, because it's gotten me killed so many times.

Sorry to stink up the thread with a noob question but, I'm trying to to download the game (~8GB) and I live in Wales so I have to leave it every night to download. This morning I wake up to an empty desktop with no installer. I have a folder saying Diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer and it's about 1.5 gigs.

Does this mean it fucked up and I have to re-download again?

Cheers.

Ferrio

Banned
I can't see myself on the treadmill to better gear for Inferno. Hours of farming Act 1 and I didn't get anything my character could use (at 5 stacks of NV). When the RMAH hits I may cash out and just wait until they actually balance the game properly. The whole "we don't want you dodging melee attacks" thing really has me soured, because it's gotten me killed so many times.

This game was suppose to last me until guild wars 2 :( I knew it wasn't going to but... man a month atleast maybe?

red731

LordCanti

I bet he can sell it for a high price though.

I always see legendaries for high prices, but I couldn't tell you if anyone actually buys them or not. It's kind of comical to see something like a windforce (top legendary bow) on a page with things costing maybe 500k, but it's over 10 million. The RMAH should even that market out, I'd hope.

2h can go up to 1200 DPS so Wizards use them.

Fair enough. This particular item wouldn't work for that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom