• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT2| Queues Rise. Servers Fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
That decently cheap item with nice stats? Don't hesitate, don't determine if you need it. Just buy it god dammit because somebody else will.

If people want easy farm for loot they can just do skeleton king over and over. Most of the difficulty comes from the combinations of affixed on elites - this is purely random and randomness is a core part of diablo. You just have to accept the situation and deal with it. What I wished is that for inferno bosses have additional mechanics. Right now they're like resplendant chests - just a thing you do at the end of a quest. But hey that might be too hard for some people.

Neki homeboy pm me your btag

Opiate

i dont know

i still disagree with you

its not about the fact that its difficult; its that its difficulty arises from the fact that it cripples almost every mechanic which the game worked on from normal-hell

snare immunity, the monster speed, absurd, one hit kill damage, etc etc.

its like a completely different game, instead of being the same game but harder, and requiring more skill.

its a less fun game, too

That was the point of the stream I posted -- it clearly is not a completely different game. He's farming Acts II and III of inferno the way a fresh level 60 farms Hell; that is, not easily, but with consistent, reasonable progress and not a series of constant wipes where one gradually whittles bosses down. This suggests it isn't a "completely different game," but rather, it feels like a completely different game, because you go from AH-ing and outgearing all content to being woefully undergeared in the blink of an eye.

snack

Seems like vendor trash to me, but I could be wrong.

Alright, thanks. How about this one?

GDSBu.jpg

Seems like vendor trash to me, but I could be wrong.

I just thought of something. If Blizzard made the stat's that do not affect damage for your class show up in advanced tool tips as to what they do add for your class: that would make them way more appetizing.

For instance as a monk that intelligence looks like garbage to me. But if they changed it from +intelligence to +All resists by 7 or whatever it actually is, then I would be more likely to buy it.

The game is still new so people still don't really understand what stats they should go for but a lot of times people are going to see intelligence and be like ahh fuck that. When it is actually a pretty vital stat.

You can reverse that with sorc's which understand they want intelligence for DPS but when they see strength are just like ahh "what is the point in that?" Actually, is armor useful for other classes besides melee?

Superman00

Liverpool01
That decently cheap item with nice stats? Don't hesitate, don't determine if you need it. Just buy it god dammit because somebody else will.

If people want easy farm for loot they can just do skeleton king over and over.

Neki homeboy pm me your btag

Yep, made like a million gold doing that and got some really nice weapon too.

ALGYR.jpg

Got that for 10k.

Again, really strongly disagree with this video and think it's almost absurd. The glorification of boss farming (and the ease with which one got to that highly repetitive action) as "immensely" exciting strikes me as almost antithetical to what most players would say.

I greatly prefer a brutal, unkillable set of levels to an easy set of levels I can repetitively farm for the best loot within hours of making a character (Which was in fact possible in late D2). This does not mean that Inferno is perfect, mind you; just that this dislike of the difficulty really surprises me. Diablo is supposed to last years! Decades! And we're complaining about not being able to beat the content in 10 days?

As a counter to this video, I suggest watching Kripparian's stream, in which I have already seen him easily and handily clearing Inferno Act II as a Barbarian (he is currently working his way through Act III inferno slowly, but steadily without ridiculously repetitive suicide runs). He accomplished this so fast by bypassing the content and glitching it, but a regular player could accomplish it by hundreds of hours of farming -- similar to the hundreds of hours people seemed to spend on Baal runs, except much more fun because the boss isn't a cakewalk in the process.
Krupp is doin quite well in Act 3 with a barb. Nice to see.

Just. Watched him kill Inv Minions Jailer Nightmare Plagued on a skullcleaver without dying.

Alright, thanks. How about this one?

GDSBu.jpg
Not sure, sorry.

I just thought of something. If Blizzard made the stat's that do not affect damage for your class show up in advanced tool tips as to what they do add for your class: that would make them way more appetizing.
On the one hand I agree that would be super helpful. On the other, I don't really mind that players more dedicated than I are able to better measure and take advantage of the gear they find.

Magnus

Ok, Jesus Christ, this game runs so much better on my boot-camp'd Windows 7 than it did on Mac OS. Wow. It's running almost as well as it does on my main PC. Amazing.

kirblar

Putting out the Zombie-Signal. Just hit Hell on my Witch Doctor and I'm getting blown the F up by Mortar packs. Could use some advice on general #s for DPS, Survivablity, and any good builds you could suggest. I'd prefer to summon as much stuff as humanly possible- I like the horde playstyle,but I'd like to be able to handle this stuff a bit better than I currently am.

Neki

This could easily be a couple hundred thousands. I'm keeping it for my character right now as I run through the last act of hell.

This is true, but on my first day, I put up too many things up and was locked out for 2 days. I've learned that I'd rather vendor items then risk an auction slot for 10k. :p

Superman00

Liverpool01
This is true, but on my first day, I put up too many things up and was locked out for 2 days. I've learned that I'd rather vendor items then risk an auction slot for 10k. :p

Yeah I did the same. Which is why most of the rare I found, I just vendor them too. I kept so many that I thought were good that I ran of space in my stash. But then I realized that most of them would go for less than 10k. So I either gave it away to friends with lower level or sell them to vendor.

LordCanti

I've officially cleared out all of Act 1 of Inferno. As in, there are no more living monsters, except the act boss.

I don't think there is anything left for me to do here, but I can't kill it lol. Been at NV +5 for hours now.

Sothpaw

Putting out the Zombie-Signal. Just hit Hell on my Witch Doctor and I'm getting blown the F up by Mortar packs. Could use some advice on general #s for DPS, Survivablity, and any good builds you could suggest. I'd prefer to summon as much stuff as humanly possible- I like the horde playstyle,but I'd like to be able to handle this stuff a bit better than I currently am.

This build is pretty cheesy, but I'm plowing through hell with it. Note that you will need to be level 54.

Zombie Bears
Spirit Walk - mana rune
Big Bad Voodoo - any rune
Gargantuan - restless giant
Zombie Dogs - leech
Fetish Army - torchers

vision quest, spiritual attunement, spirit vessel

Keep BBV, garg, dogs, army on cooldown to get the benefit from vision quest and spam bears. Use spirit walk when in trouble. When faced with tough packs, blow all 4 cooldowns and spam bears. Works like a charm if you're having trouble in hell.

Boken

Banned
That sword is not worth a couple hundred thousands.

I constantly sell my stuff cheaper than I should out of fear of locking myself out of the AH for 2 days. Sucks :(

Unicorn

I constantly sell my stuff cheaper than I should out of fear of locking myself out of the AH for 2 days. Sucks :(

Yup. I feel like there is some sort of peak hour to post auctions or that the sales happen. When I get home I had 7 of my 10 bids sold, so I listed more stuff. The whole time I've been at my computer tonight (~6 hours) not a single one sold. It's reasonably priced (~5k) but I bet when I get off work tomorrow a vast majority of it will be gone. Why can't you people buy my stuff while I'm here so I can make the most of my time and slots! I have a lot of dredge to sell off.

Superman00

Liverpool01

lol, 500+ dps rare dagger with 280 str go for a couple hundred k. If this was put on for less than 100k, it wouldn't lass very long. This is why I made a million since yesterday. You don't think it is worth a lot, but with those stats, there aren't that many of them. When a really good gear go up for cheap, it tends to get sold before I even have a chance to look over the stats.

Violet_0

Banned
how important is it how much damage your shield can absord (on inferno)? The highest value I've seen was 4500 damage, and frankly that doesn't sound like much.

kirblar

This build is pretty cheesy, but I'm plowing through hell with it. Note that you will need to be level 54.

Zombie Bears
Spirit Walk - mana rune
Big Bad Voodoo - any rune
Gargantuan - restless giant
Zombie Dogs - leech
Fetish Army - torchers

vision quest, spiritual attunement, spirit vessel

Keep BBV, garg, dogs, army on cooldown to get the benefit from vision quest and spam bears. Use spirit walk when in trouble. When faced with tough packs, blow all 4 cooldowns and spam bears. Works like a charm if you're having trouble in hell.

What are Zombie Bears?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Okay, so playing as a Barbarian.

I have Gauntlets of Power that are equal to Gauntlets of Smiting with one exception.

1 gives me +10 strength, the other says it gives me more damage. Which one is the better piece for me to equip?

kirblar

Okay, so playing as a Barbarian.

I have Gauntlets of Power that are equal to Gauntlets of Smiting with one exception.

1 gives me +10 strength, the other says it gives me more damage. Which one is the better piece for me to equip?
Doesn't the DPS difference automatically show up for you in the tooltip?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
how important is it how much damage your shield can absord (on inferno)? The highest value I've seen was 4500 damage, and frankly that doesn't sound like much.
If you have 75% dmg reduc and 75% resist then mobs only hit you for like 5k so it is a lot. Block chance is very important, as is armor values and %Life/Vit.

Selling things for 10k isn't even worth an auction slot, it sucks there was a limit or I would put up all my items.

haha this that limit should be raised.
But i just keep mostly 1 slot free.
But most of the time i just vender it if it is below level 60 and no resist or socket.
For weapons i look at dps if it is something special like 700+ i will AH it if it has okey stats.

Nekrono

Beat Nightmare a while ago, I started Act I on Hell... got raped.

Then I got some gear...

dcccb604000776edb62cf5155b2a9c2b77cfd760.jpg

How am I looking GAF?

Also if anyone is starting on Hell feel free to add me, playing with PuGs sucks in Hell.
Battletag: Nekrono#1620

Also, sort of news. Amazon (US) is temporarily out of stock of Diablo III standard edition. It's currently being fulfilled by a 3rd party for more than the MSRP.

It does say it will be back in stock on the 29th, but I've never seen anything like this before. It's kind of unprecedented.

naib

Managed to NOT play for a few days and got some good sleep. Then fire it up and BLAM! 4 hours lost.

It's so much fun playing with old friends. Swapping loot and shooting the shit. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom