• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT2| Queues Rise. Servers Fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deduce

Was breezing through Act 2 Nightmare with my DM until I hit the final boss. Got boss down to 1/4th health left then missed a smoke screen and got squashed. Now I can't get close to that point. So frustrating.

Total Diablo noob here. Someone on the last page mentioned maps being randomly generated. I thought it was just the dungeons. So is this why everything is re-covered with "fog of war" when I go back to a place? Always thought the shitty servers were just losing my progress.

Guess I'm sort of wasting my time in uncovering every square inch of the map before moving forward with quests.
Yep, all the maps outside of cities are regenerated. The benefit to uncovering the entire map is, since they're randomly generated, there could always be some unique monster or big chest or fun dungeon hiding in the fog of war. That being said, for Normal and Nightmare I don't explore TOO much because I know I'll be doing a TON of that on Hell and Inferno

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I can't say this enough... act 3 is fucking amazing.

scoobs

Been reading through some posts, does everyone realize you can go to gameplay options and turn on elective mode and use whatever moves you want, you're not forced to pick between diamond skin and frost nova for instance... you can use both.

WallJump

Banned
Been reading through some posts, does everyone realize you can go to gameplay options and turn on elective mode and use whatever moves you want, you're not forced to pick between diamond skin and frost nova for instance... you can use both.

Comes up probably every 2-3 pages. I'm for a thread title change now that the servers are actually somewhat stable.

Diablo III |OT2| Turn On Elective Mode

Funnily enough, those exact skills are the reason I turned the mode on myself, for my melee wizard.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
So I thought there was going to be +skills modifiers? All I see are +dmg to the skills, not +levels.

How am I supposed to get 7 multi magic missiles like we saw back in the old rune system?

Violet_0

Banned
am I doing something wrong if I just buy the weapon with the highest dps as a wizard? Like, do I need life-steal or some-such on my weapon? (just finished nightmare)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Holy tits, did anyone beat inferno yet? Cuz Kripp and his team is pretty much in act 4 right now!

Ive never played a diablo game or a game like diablo, so how noob friendly is this? It looks interesting and I could see myself being into it if its not too complicated early on.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Why Blizz...
CjqeL.jpg

Yoshichan

Yeah they're corpse hopping HOW IMPRESSIVE
Are you really implying that they have no coordination or skill? Please stop talking out of your ass and look at some of the engagements against the bosses.

WallJump

Banned
Ive never played a diablo game or a game like diablo, so how noob friendly is this? It looks interesting and I could see myself being into it if its not too complicated early on.

Barrier of entry is quite low. The game starts out pretty easy and you learn skills/runes/etc at a slow enough pace to figure out what they do and how to use them.

Crack.

Hey guys quick question. I'm assuming this is like any Blizzard game and once bought I can install it on more than one machine and the install is PC/Mac. I want it on my desktop and MacBook pro.

Raide

Hey guys quick question. I'm assuming this is like any Blizzard game and once bought I can install it on more than one machine and the install is PC/Mac. I want it on my desktop and MacBook pro.

Bound to your Battle.net account, so you can download the client whenever you like.

Mothman91

Act II nightmare by yourself is so rough....anyone know why I can't join a public game for my current quest? I'm at
blood and sand
yet I can only go to a public game that is a couple quests back from my current one. Does it go by levels or something because this shit alone is kinda hard for a Wizard.

Lexxon

Act II nightmare by yourself is so rough....anyone know why I can't join a public game for my current quest? I'm at
blood and sand
yet I can only go to a public game that is a couple quests back from my current one. Does it go by levels or something because this shit alone is kinda hard for a Wizard.

There's only so many "checkpoints" per Act that seem to show up under public games. Not every quest is in there. So you'd have to start back those couple quests and catch up.

Why Blizz...
CjqeL.jpg

To his defense...changing your resolution to 800x600 will probably increase framerates. It will also bring back wonderful memories of Diablo 2's resolution after LoD. Remember, D2 was 640x480 until LoD came along and made inferior video adapters cry everywhere when they introduced 800x600. SO MANY PIXELZ

However.

DA FUQ.

MiniKelly

A tip I find to public 4 player games is to add those random strangers to friend. Or just look at recent played players and ask for game invite. They are usually in 2-3 player games.

Artanisix

Are you really implying that they have no coordination or skill? Please stop talking out of your ass and look at some of the engagements against the bosses.

When did I say any of that? Jeez take a breather already. Killing bosses is awesome, but corpse hopping your way all the way to the boss ISN'T impressive, end of story.

solarus

Guys my installer for this game is stuck at 99%, the speed just dropped like a rock to like 0.4kb/s and know it's 0... Is this a common problem? How can I fix it?

oktarb

Diablo 3 - $60.
New Mouse with special buttons to to play Diablo 3 - $79.
Use keyboard instead of special buttons - Not Priceless.

Evasive Fire (Left Click) + Rapid Fire (Right Click) is AMAZING for DH's. When you get covering fire for EF you can really do some crazy damage when enemies are near each other.

V_Arnold

Seriously? All they have is engagments agains bosses. They did not clear an inferno act, they RAN an inferno act - away, lol.

Seriously, they treat it like some WoW expansion in a twisted way, and it is horrible.

I hope everyone will calm down once someone claimed an inferno "clear" and then they can finally engage act 1 inferno mobs for the first time, lol...

hitsugi

Seriously? All they have is engagments agains bosses. They did not clear an inferno act, they RAN an inferno act - away, lol.

Seriously, they treat it like some WoW expansion in a twisted way, and it is horrible.

I hope everyone will calm down once someone claimed an inferno "clear" and then they can finally engage act 1 inferno mobs for the first time, lol...

I'm looking forward to their full clear inferno run.

Thrakier

I don't get how damage is calculated in the game. So the ring that adds 2-4dmg is better for my barb than the ring which adds +11 strength. But actually my dmg doesn't go up by 2-4 but about 20 (!!!) when changing the dmg ring for the strength ring...?

Ferrio

Banned
I don't get how damage is calculated in the game. So the ring that adds 2-4dmg is better for my barb than the ring which adds +11 strength. But actually my dmg doesn't go up by 2-4 but about 20 (!!!) when changing the dmg ring for the strength ring...?

Str is a multiplier not flat damage. So the 2-4 gets multiplied by your current strength.

Mothman91

Anyone else looking at weapons or such at the AH after each Act? In Nightmare mode....each time I look, there is a new weapon with like 30+dps increase...which makes a huge difference.

But I don't want to spend like 50k gold =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom