• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT2| Queues Rise. Servers Fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get how damage is calculated in the game. So the ring that adds 2-4dmg is better for my barb than the ring which adds +11 strength. But actually my dmg doesn't go up by 2-4 but about 20 (!!!) when changing the dmg ring for the strength ring...?

Damage bonuses seem to add to your base damage which then goes through the multiplier of your primary stat.

Seriously? All they have is engagments agains bosses. They did not clear an inferno act, they RAN an inferno act - away, lol.

Seriously, they treat it like some WoW expansion in a twisted way, and it is horrible.

I hope everyone will calm down once someone claimed an inferno "clear" and then they can finally engage act 1 inferno mobs for the first time, lol...
Makes sense since hes mostly famous for his WoW firsts.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Guys...

NO SPOILERS -> http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5406050

How can you change the gem properties so that all green gems are magic find? Anyone know? Cuz currently, green doesn't give you magic find unless it's on helm...

Opiate

Well, it was nice while it lasted.

Vkd3f.jpg

I'm wondering how long this service will last. Once I can buy gold for money on the RMAH, I'm not sure if there will be an incentive to buy it with these people. We'll see how the margins are.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
So as a barbarian should I be focusing more on Strength or +Damage?

Also any tips for what I should be aiming for skill wise? At like lvl 25 right now near end of Act 2.

Achtius

2nd WTF of the day, it's cheaper to buy gems than to combine it

cost me 2k to combine 3 flawless to perfect, cost 2k to buy radiant. :O

Tacitus_

I'm wondering how long this service will last. Once I can buy gold for money on the RMAH, I'm not sure if there will be an incentive to buy it with these people. We'll see how the margins are.

I know I'll undercut them. 10$ for 100k seems nice. Won't stay at that, but still.

Macmanus

So as a barbarian should I be focusing more on Strength or +Damage?

Also any tips for what I should be aiming for skill wise? At like lvl 25 right now near end of Act 2.

STR and just add rubies for the +DMG to weapons.

I went with a full fury build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WbXYVj!cY!aaaZa

You'll want some decent 1Hers with life leech. Call of the Ancients can be replaced with anything. It's tertiary. You can also replace a passive with Nerves if you're taking too much damage.

Revenge is honestly amazing.

Everything is undervalued right now. Give it a few months.

Why would prices ever go up? We're progressively finding more and more of every type of item, so shouldn't all prices be going down as time goes on?

I know in d2 the first shako to be found in a new ladder would be worth quite a bit, but by the end they're nothin special.

Tacitus_

Why would prices ever go up? We're progressively finding more and more of every type of item, so shouldn't all prices be going down as time goes on?

I know in d2 the first shako to be found in a new ladder would be worth quite a bit, but by the end they're nothin special.

You get more gold if you vendor your dusts instead of putting them in the EU AH.

Thrakier

That's great. I disagree.

It's not like I said that. I asked and people said that +DMG is better. Care to elaborate while +str is better? I just changed two rings, 3-6dmg and 4-8, before I had +STR rings, around 20 together. I now do around 80more dmg, that's almost 100% more. I don't understand it, but that's how it is...

Ashodin

Yshoz.png

Ashodin, Melee Demon Hunter
Level 31, NIGHTMARE MODE Act 1

I finally beat Diablo 3 earlier this morning at 10 AM. It took me about 7 or 8 tries, holy shit, a boss with mechanics that I can't brute force! It took me a while to realize that Shadow Power is absolutely broken with Impale. I spammed Cluster Grenades to keep up the hatred generation, then Impale whenever Shadow Power was up. 30% Life gain of oh, 1727 crit? That's a chunk of my health back instantly. And that's not to say of all the little chip damage that's coming into my health bar. That shit is nasty.

I'm kind of at an impasse though - after going the entire game without a primary attack (enjoying the Diablo 2 (or 1!) nature of hacking enemies with your weapon), I'm not sure I want to just use grenades the whole time. I understand it's a hatred generator, but I wish they had something more... friendly for melee types. Grenades are all I'll get, I guess.

Oh and the retaliate fan of knives is STUPID powerful.

Ferrio

Banned
That's great. I disagree.

Because a small fraction of the player base utilizes the AH. Soon enough everyone will. Demand will go up in general. Look at the posters on GAF. Tons willfully choose to ignore the AH. They wont have the luxury in Hell and beyond.

But your argument makes no sense. Those same people aren't selling on the AH right now either...

Macmanus

It's not like I said that. I asked and people said that +DMG is better. Care to elaborate while +str is better? I just changed two rings, 3-6dmg and 4-8, before I had +STR rings, around 20 together. I now do around 80more dmg, that's almost 100% more. I don't understand it, but that's how it is...

Because it also adds armor and you wont be killing everything like WOAH beyond the first two acts of normal.

But your argument makes no sense. Those same people aren't selling on the AH right now either...

Nor are they buying. Equipment prices will go down. Gems will go up. They already have. A normal ruby sold for avg 500 at launch. Now they are 800 to 900. My argument has precedence. This exact same thing happened in the beta once everyone realizes how fucking amazing and crucial gems are.

Dresden

Yshoz.png

I finally beat Diablo 3 earlier this morning at 10 AM. It took me about 7 or 8 tries, holy shit, a boss with mechanics that I can't brute force! It took me a while to realize that Shadow Power is absolutely broken with Impale. I spammed Cluster Grenades to keep up the hatred generation, then Impale whenever Shadow Power was up. 30% Life gain of oh, 1727 crit? That's a chunk of my health back instantly. And that's not to say of all the little chip damage that's coming into my health bar. That shit is nasty.

I'm kind of at an impasse though - after going the entire game without a primary attack (enjoying the Diablo 2 (or 1!) nature of hacking enemies with your weapon), I'm not sure I want to just use grenades the whole time. I understand it's a hatred generator, but I wish they had something more... friendly for melee types. Grenades are all I'll get, I guess.

Haha, awesome, dude. Love it when people try different things. Tempted to try one myself. None of the other classes have grabbed my attention after the WD.

Ashodin

Haha, awesome, dude. Love it when people try different things. Tempted to try one myself. None of the other classes have grabbed my attention after the WD.

I'm also tempted to create my 2H sword melee wizard. I thought that build would be more prevalent than this one though, so I did this one to be even more of the unique snowflake.

Ferrio

Banned

Unfortunately you have to be hit for it to trigger. In nightmare being hit as a Demon hunter isn't good. Also since our base stat is all about dodging.... getting hit when you want to be isn't preditable.

I'd love to run a melee retaliate+gloom Demon hunter, but with the 10 second cooldown.. I don't think it's viable.

LowParry

I think I'm going to take small break from my Wizard and start up an alt playing the Monk. I've grouped with so many to be impressed by what I've seen. Though I'm still kinda leaning on Barbarian. Eh, we'll see. I just like to have a range and melee character.

Elginer

Yshoz.png

Prob a stupid ass question but how the hell can I have a Demon Hunter use a sword. I put in a melee weapon into his hands and he does nothing. Am I missing something?

Ashodin

Unfortunately you have to be hit for it to trigger
. In nightmare being hit as a Demon hunter isn't good. Also since our base stat is all about dodging.... getting hit when you want to be isn't preditable.

I'd love to run a melee retaliate+gloom Demon hunter, but with the 10 second cooldown.. I don't think it's viable.

This actually happens more often than you think with my build. You see that Vault up there? I vault into a group of enemies before they unfurl onto me, with Retaliate popped, let one of them get at me (I have armor and block out the ass sir, plus dodge, so I don't anticipate taking hits very hard like other Demon Hunters), it pops, they pop, and, well yeah. Vault back out, toss some Twin Chakrams, Overpenetration Impales (SICK nasty!), and the whole group is usually done. Unfortunately my build is looking kinda weird since I imagined it in my head, I still want to try to work Sticky Trap in there somewhere, it is absolutely crazy damage stacked on top of Retaliate.

Fularu

Banned
Man my drops have been so bad lately :( Still slowly progressing, 29 and probably close to the end of Act III (yes, I explore and kill everything :p)

Ashodin

Wow that's fucked up dude, they hotfixed the ability because of them? Crazy stupid, because of their set up they had to quit because they could not progress without a better make up of people.

Prob a stupid ass question but how the hell can I have a Demon Hunter use a sword. I put in a melee weapon into his hands and he does nothing. Am I missing something?

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you trying to hit things with it? Drag the primary attack off your hot bar and it'll change back to just normal melee attack.

However, I'm not too sure I want to do just basic melee either. Unless I have attack speed buffs to make it swing faster, it's really slow damage output, compared to primary attacks.

Zia

Just got my first Legendary, Aquila Cuirass, in the middle-ish of Act II. Not as good as my Demon Hunter's rare though, so I'm going to AH it. Friend just finished Nightmare and has yet to see a Legendary.

Cimarron

Anyone else having trouble connecting on the east coast? I love this game but the lag and disconnects during single player are killing me! :(

Justin

The AI on the "chained" mobs is really funny. I got a spawn of Chain, Fast and Jailer. I got jailed and instead of attacking me just ran in circles around me really fast untill I died in about 5 seconds.

Loving this game.

how do you set your left/right click to simply "attack"? (ie if i want to use a wizard with a weapon attack)
Turn on "elective mode" in the options and drag the skill off the action bar. BTW there is no reason to ever use your normal attack. It is worse then even the lowest level unruned action you start with.

Wallach

Wow that's fucked up dude, they hotfixed the ability because of them? Crazy stupid, because of their set up they had to quit because they could not progress without a better make up of people.

Well, I'm sure it has less to do with the fact that they are 4 monks and more to do with the fact that they are 4 monks with crappy gear and likely no idea how to play the class beyond the setup they practiced (since like they said it worked universally). You can't expect Blizzard to leave a setup where you are permanently invulnerable as a party in the game.

Ashodin

how do you set your left/right click to simply "attack"? (ie if i want to use a wizard with a weapon attack)

Maxrpg said:
Drag the primary attack off your hot bar and it'll change back to just normal melee attack.

Well, I'm sure it has less to do with the fact that they are 4 monks and more to do with the fact that they are 4 monks with crappy gear and likely no idea how to play the class beyond the setup they practiced (since like they said it worked universally). You can't expect Blizzard to leave a setup where you are permanently invulnerable as a party in the game.

You have to have maximum coordination though. Not too many groups would try it.

Oh and my opinion on where the game is best farmable - the final areas of Act 4. If you've played it, you know why.

pxleyes

Banned

What a whiny little bitch. He knowingly exploited a game mechanic to progress faster. He should be glad they didn't catch him before level 60. If anything he should be glad they hotfixed it. When someone beats Inferno it won't just be because of some silly class mechanic and be because someone actually put in the time and energy to get the gear and skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom