• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT2| Queues Rise. Servers Fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeliard

I'm lagging so far behind everyone like I thought because of my limited time.

Witch Doctor, level 20 - Just killed
Maghaahdahda

This game is so good and can't wait to play more and more.

I feel like I'm not "doing it right" but the beauty is that I can play with my build and SO FAR I am successful.

Gargantuan (Just got) + Grasp + Spider Queen + Splinter Darts.

Obviously I should be using Harvest and other generic things but I find this the most fun so far. AoE poison will be awesome when I get cloud.

One thing I enjoyed doing that doesn't seem too common is combo'ing Soul Harvest with Gruesome Feast, the latter of which boosts your INT by 10% and stacks up to 5 times. On Normal, health globes pop out so often that you pretty much always make use of it, and in combination with SH you can get your INT up to hilariously high amounts.

I haven't used Sacrifice at all yet but Zombie Dogs has a rune that increases the chances of a health globe popping out when they die, so adding that combo to SH/GF should be effective as well. Planning on trying that out later.

What else would I do with the trash items? Sell it to an NPC? They have no value. Sell them on the auction house? For 2k each and a limit of 10 items on the AH? No point.

I already have gear set for every class. The good items I find (which aren't much since low level becomes useless quick) go on the AH or my other characters. Everything else is salvaged.

Simply vendoring the gear would get you a lot more money added up over time. What are you going to use all those subtle essences for? You can buy them in bulk for 20 a pop off the AH whereas vendoring those items would be getting you notably more.

HenryHSH

I wonder if people like you have just been more efficient, or if you've just simply spent more time than I have the past few days. Probably both. The same goes for Yoshi - I just beat Nightmare the first time and then he comes along to crush my pride with his tales of awesomeness.

Also the AH is just ridiculous - being able to buy all the stuff you need immediately really takes a lot away. Hopefully once the RMAH hits, it won't be as cheap/easy to get good gear.

I'm not that far along though. I'm on Act 2 nightmare on my level 41 Witch Doctor.

Simply vendoring the gear would get you a lot more money added up over time. What are you going to use all those subtle essences for? You can buy them in bulk for 20 a pop off the AH whereas vendoring those items would be getting you notably more.

Breaking a barrel nets you more gold than selling the items to a vendor.

btkadams

when i first started diablo 3 yesterday, i joined an already in-progress quest my friend was doing, so i skipped a bunch. i levelled up with him and now today i want to go back to the beginning. the game says i lose my saved progress.

does that mean i lose my experience/inventory too? or does it just mean checkpoints and stuff?

So at level 22 witch doctor is pretty much a beast, fucking finally! I almost gave up and rolled Wizard.

Locust Swarm + Acid Cloud + Grasp of dead + Exploding fire frogs = holy shit

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
when i first started diablo 3 yesterday, i joined an already in-progress quest my friend was doing, so i skipped a bunch. i levelled up with him and now today i want to go back to the beginning. the game says i lose my saved progress.

does that mean i lose my experience/inventory too? or does it just mean checkpoints and stuff?
you dont lose anything

LordCanti

The time associated with vendoring things makes picking them up not worth it in the long run. Especially when you can kick over a barrel in Hell and get 500+ gold.

Breaking things down takes just as much time, and is kind of just as pointless.

Boken

Banned

You will never lose your exp/inventory, you will just lose your current check point

Zeliard

So at level 22 witch doctor is pretty much a beast, fucking finally! I almost gave up and rolled Wizard.

Locust Swarm + Acid Cloud + Grasp of dead + Exploding fire frogs = holy shit

Sprinkle a bit of Gargantuan on top of that

I'd say Soul Harvest too but it's totally unnecessary in Normal since you murder everything with ease there anyway. It's just fun to be even more grossly overpowered.

Sprinkle a bit of Gargantuan on top of that

I'd say Soul Harvest too but it's totally unnecessary in Normal since you murder everything with ease there anyway. It's just fun to be even more grossly overpowered.

He's decent, I may go back to using him, and yeah I use soul harvest all the time :D

Zeliard

What are you going to tell him, so I can learn from his apparent mistake?
Or do you just think he's crazy.

I explained it above :p

If you're going to pick up blues (and low-level rares) the best thing to do by far is to simply vendor them, outside of equipping a companion or perhaps saving them for another char if they're decent rares. Salvaging right now is pointless in Normal & Nightmare because you can buy those mats for very cheap off the Auction House.

Pachael

AH is a game in itself, but RMAH, oh boy. I'm still struggling a bit on what the ideal prices are for selling/not selling but it makes it a nice sub-game at the moment (between 3007s).

LordCanti

Auction House unavailable T_T B-but that's half the game!

It's up for me, but it won't let me buy anything.

I thought I had a 300 DPS + Attack speed crossbow for 15k....nope, Chuck Testa.

AH is a game in itself, but RMAH, oh boy. I'm still struggling a bit on what the ideal prices are for selling/not selling but it makes it a nice sub-game at the moment (between 3007s).

I've been drowning under so much loot that I can't even contemplate selling it right now.

Ill Saint

Game is fun enough so far, but I can't help but feel bitter that because I live in an area with unstable and unreliable internet that the game is constantly laggy and often boots me out, killing my progress... and I'm playing what should be 'offline' single-player.

I was just about to finish the game and then the servers go down. :(

Running around with 3 wizards as barb in hell makes me rage

How so? They just kill everything before you touch it or what?

Since I've started using the AH, my damage output on my Wizard is insane. At level 33, my Intelligence is ~1200! I'm a total glass cannon, but everything dies before it can touch me anyway.

At this point their server shit is unreliable enough that I'm going to do what I did in D2 and just have a backup character on Asia so I have something to do during.

D2 launch was something else in terms of how terrible it was, it really bad for a really long time. Of course, it had offline play to make up for it.

RkOwnage

Anyone playing through Hell w/ a wizard? I am dying in like half a second, it's really tough to solo. I've made it about 3/4 through the Act, but I am just having a tough time. I didn't find shit for upgrades throughout nightmare, so I am having a gear problem, with the stuff on AH being so overpriced, I'm in a jam. Debating rerolling another character until more people are in Hell.

bonesquad

Just saved quick because there was a warning of servers going down in a couple minutes. Don't know how long though.

Up until then it was fine. I was playing with 3 others and there was very little lag. And after 3 hours I could use a break:). Still kind of sucks though.

Xdrive05

Hey guys, need some help:

When my level 30 parties up with two lower level friends (15-ish), it seems like their EXP shrinks to almost nothing. When we're close to the same level, it's normal.

What is the level spread that is "safe" to farm and grind with your friends before someone is getting screwed on EXP? Thanks much in advance.

Still haven't beaten normal yet (start act 4) with my barb but I've started to think about the next char. Which class do you find to be the most different playstyle from barb along with really fun?

I usually cast Diablo 3 late nights and since I'm done with Normal I thought it would be fun to run GAF open lobbies every night. Everyone can come and chat about the game and join in when the party isn't full.

www.twitch.tv/heyitsbbg

I'm currently on Nightmare and level 35 so if anyone wants to join just hit me up in the stream. I will just post in this thread when I cast open lobbies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
How much would a lvl 10 legendary for witch doctor be worth? I see it being sold for 500k to 1 million gold. I find that a bit ridiculous for its lvl though. Gazing Demise is its name.

QusTs.png

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
It's not as simple as just throwing more servers at it :p. There's a lot of nuance that you don't figure out until you actually have the people online.

But this company runs WoW, so I find it very hard to cut them many smidgens of slack.
I really don't think a 5-minute warning is enough for an unscheduled server shutdown.

Hell no it isn't. If I'm in a dungeon, it's like FUUUUUUUUUUU

RS4-

When my level 30 parties up with two lower level friends (15-ish), it seems like their EXP shrinks to almost nothing. When we're close to the same level, it's normal.

What is the level spread that is "safe" to farm and grind with your friends before someone is getting screwed on EXP? Thanks much in advance.

I think I had a 20 level advantage when I was screwing around. I was 25 and only got xp for events and quests while the other two were level 5 and they jumped up 6 levels by the time act 1 was finished.

I don't remember if that's normal progress though.

I think the levels have to be within 5 or so between highest and lowest? Maybe 10?

I don't know if we've gotten a firm answer on the mechanics, but it appears that there is no XP penalty for less than five levels difference.

Junie12

So my friend recently passed Hell and he told me Diablo's difficulty goes like this:

Normal=Easy, Nightmare= Normal, Hell= Hard, and Inferno= Must be Real Hell :lol

He likes the game he just wishes Normal and Nightmare were a little more harder since he had a blast playing Hell. He can't wait to start Inferno, I wish I can join him but I'm still in Nightmare :(

I have been wondering this as well, not that it seems like capping a character is going to take as long as D2, it's almost like PL isn't necessary. As a guess I'd say ~5 levels.

I was happy with my witch doctor until I got to the midway point of act 1 and was getting my ass handed to me. I've been dying to play my DH on nightmare but I'm waiting for a couple friends on that one. I don't know how I feel about the witch doctor to be honest.. I mean he's cool enough, but kinda lame too.

Perhaps I'm taking the wrong route though, my build is:

Dogs
Sacrifice (HOLY DPS, and mana now :) alos +1 dog from the passive ability)
Gargantuan
Vampire bats or plague bats
Bouncing fire skulls or raining frogs
Acid rain (by far the most useful skill in nightmare so far next to the dog sacrifice)

Currently I'm just barely surviving, a lot of it is because my dogs are getting absolutely slaughtered now in nightmare, it's progressively gotten worse to the point of sacrifice being a one minute cool down ability. I'm hoping I get some worthwhile drops before I make it into act 2 because everything I'm picking has ever so slightly higher protection but terrible stats otherwise in comparison to my current setup.

Perhaps I'm just in a valley and hopefully on my way out of it now though, time will tell.

-Mikey-

Just finished the Game on normal. Act I on Nightmare is still too easy.

1k+dps and you're saying too easy? I suppose you are buying weapons / gear off of the AH. I am around the same level and just started Nightmare. My dps is around 350 using only the gear I can craft or find and it is a nice challenge compared to Normal.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The AH is a bit of a pain in the ass. How am i supposed to know how much this rare lvl 10-20 weapon or pant i got is worth? I can't just put them all at 10k and hope for the best, can i? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom