• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT2| Queues Rise. Servers Fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn I think blizzard hot fixed a farm spot that I just found out about in inferno. Just when I was starting to finally be able to farm it they killed the spawn rate of the treasure goblin.

Teknoman

Here is my lvl 28 Barb, just started Act III.

iRFZ5Mux9206a.jpg

Man that looks awesome.

Cipherr

Trying not to solo act 1, but these people I get grouped with arent ready. Barbs Monks and all of them with their thousands of dps and measily 9k HP. Getting oneshot by the purple and yellow packs. Useless...

Ketch

So I guess the auction house is really the only place to buy upgrades with gold then? The shops in the game never have anything like even remotely useful.

Alienups

How so? They just kill everything before you touch it or what?

As soon as an enemy popped up they started firing while falling back while i rushed in, it worked fine when we were facing normal mobs but my barb cant stand up against boss mobs all by himself. Especially if they've got a couple of the nastier mods.

Ashodin

XDhsu.jpg

leaving this here before work again

Ashodin, Melee Demon Hunter
Level 34, NIGHTMARE MODE Act 1, Before Skeleton King

I decided to take off grenades as a primary (I like whacking enemies too much!) and use it as a secondary, and take chakram off all together. Grenades can fill the role just as well and I get closer to the enemies to use Retaliate. If need be, I use Impale to single target DPS the fuck out of someone. Shadow Power as needed to regain health. Vault into enemies for maximum effect. I use the Vault speed boost to run faster into melee.

I've leveled up my BS to level 3, and it's still LOL-worthy. I've wasted so much money on it eventually getting good, but it's a completely crapshoot getting something good. AH shopping or bust at this point.

Tunic

Just completed Act III with my now Level 30 Monk. Ready to start Act IV tomorrow after work and then on to Nightmare. Having an absolute blast playing as a Monk but I definitely will start a Witch Doctor and see how they play and if I enjoy them as well.

Megasoum

Banned
OMG....I just tried Dual Wielding + Frienzy + Wrath of the Berserker.... Thisi s the most amazing thing I have ever seen hahahaha. I've never seen a dude hit that fast, it looked like some kind of anime finishing move.

Alienups

OMG....I just tried Dual Wielding + Frienzy + Wrath of the Berserker.... Thisi s the most amazing thing I have ever seen hahahaha. I've never seen a dude hit that fast, it looked like some kind of anime finishing move.

I didn't even know you can dual wield...

Riggs

Banned

Hah nice. Right now I am dual wield barbarian. Frenzy/Cleave primary/secondary.

Revenge/Furious Charge / Rend w/ life steal rune / and battle rage.

I really need to figure out something so I can use Wrath of beserker. Hrmmmmmm not sure what to remove. People say rend, but I get life steal off the dmg it does so that seems pretty sweet. And without furious charge, I got no way to get into battle or out of battle quickly. Furious charge is fucking sick w/ this one ruin (can't remember name, merciless maybe). It's normally 10 second cool down, but it takes away 1 second for every enemy/object hit. Literally if you have tons of enemies you can use it non stop.

Megasoum

Banned
Hah nice. Right now I am dual wield barbarian. Frenzy/Cleave primary/secondary.

Revenge/Furious Charge / Rend w/ life steal rune / and battle rage.

I really need to figure out something so I can use Wrath of beserker. Hrmmmmmm not sure what to remove. People say rend, but I get life steal off the dmg it does so that seems pretty sweet. And without furious charge, I got no way to get into battle or out of battle quickly. Furious charge is fucking sick w/ this one ruin (can't remember name, merciless maybe). It's normally 10 second cool down, but it takes away 1 second for every enemy/object hit. Literally if you have tons of enemies you can use it non stop.

That's my build right now

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WeXYVP!YWZ!ZZaZa

I'm having no problem keeping my health up so I might change 1 or 2 runes to loose some of my healing.

I get a good mix of single target close range with Frenzy and mid range AOE with Seismic Slam.

I also do a lot of Leap + Ground Stomp (they get close to me with the rune) + Revenge lol.

OMG I just got my internet finally hooked up to my sweet new desktop and boy this game is gorgeous, and it runs as smooth as butter. :D

btw, for anyone having performance issues, a tip: I find that if I don't turn on Vsync AND lock framerate to a multiple or fraction of 60, I get some framerate fluctuation (ranging from serious on my laptop to mild on my desktop).

So as an example, all of this is with vsync on,
On my laptop, which can't handle it that well:
If I set framerate to 60, the framerate fluctuates wildly. If I lock it to 30, it is rock solid apart from lot of FX on screen, which is just my laptop being shitty.

On my desktop, which CAN handle it well:
If I set framerate to 60, I still get minor weird fluctuations between 60 and 50. No idea why... so I set it to 120, I get a framerate locked to 60 and it's pretty much rock solid.

schnell

Alright, I can't bring myself to buy without trying the actual game. Anyone have a spare guest pass they can pm me? Much appreciated.

DrBo42

leaving this here before work again

Ashodin, Melee Demon Hunter
Level 34, NIGHTMARE MODE Act 1, Before Skeleton King

I decided to take off grenades as a primary (I like whacking enemies too much!) and use it as a secondary, and take chakram off all together. Grenades can fill the role just as well and I get closer to the enemies to use Retaliate. If need be, I use Impale to single target DPS the fuck out of someone. Shadow Power as needed to regain health. Vault into enemies for maximum effect. I use the Vault speed boost to run faster into melee.

The optimal build I've found for soloing:
- Default arrow with the rune to split into 3.
- Rapid Fire with ?? rune (can't remember)
- Bat companion to build hatred.
- Caltrops with immobilize rune.
- Vault with reduced cost for 2nd vault within specified time.
- Shadow Power with rune to increase health regen.
- Either a passive or rapid fire rune that allows me to build discipline with crit.

Built for survival, love it.

In fact, here's a link http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#acYTdg!XYe!bbZZbZ

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Seems like everyone got a barbarian lol.

Here's my shitty lvl 28 blue wizard. I do not have any gear from the AH, so if my stats sucks, that's why. Things still die pretty easily on Act III normal anyway. Maybe i should stop wasting my gold on blacksmithing and go to the AH.

VmloY.jpg

DrBo42

I'm stuck at work for another ten hours and all I want to do is play more Diablo with my friends :(

Same here. It's weird because I really did not care for this game while playing normal. In fact I did not enjoy it at all. Now on nightmare I'm starting to love it.

SUPARSTARX

FYI, you guys can shop the NPC for upgrades if drops aren't helping. Just make a game, go to armor/weapons vendor and check for good stats. Find none? Exit and remake.

For those that didn't play D2, there used to be a really good blue item from the vendor for barbs that you could socket and add really good stat boosts. The same works here but no socketing.

Here's my WD after finishing normal. Level 31.

M8aMj.jpg

I would have to say throughout the game only the act 2 and 4 bosses were a challenge. The act 2 boss was awesome though, my favorite in the game.

This game was amazing, loved every loot-filled minute. All the lore they added was great.
Can't wait for an expansion! Huge Spoilers:
Goddamn you Adria! So she's either going to resurrect Diablo some way or probably bring back someone else. Baal maybe? It sucks that Leah was completely absent from the ending, didn't even get to see her come back as a ghost after beating Diablo. Sucks. :(

LordCanti

I wouldn't list anything or try to buy anything too big in the auction house right now. I tried to buy a crossbow and it told me it had failed. Then I bought another one and sure enough the first one went through ><

I can easily sell it for what I paid (it was cheap), but if you were doing that with something expensive...

I don't know how the RMAH is going to work with the current setup.

Ashodin

The optimal build I've found for soloing:
- Default arrow with the rune to split into 3.
- Rapid Fire with ?? rune (can't remember)
- Bat companion to build hatred.
- Caltrops with immobilize rune.
- Vault with reduced cost for 2nd vault within specified time.
- Shadow Power with rune to increase health regen.
- Either a passive or rapid fire rune that allows me to build discipline with crit.

Built for survival, love it.

In fact, here's a link http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#acYTdg!XYe!bbZZbZ

Yes that vault rune is awesome!

I've actually bought some cool stuff on the auction house. Not the real money one (don't think it's up yet) but I've used in-game gold to grab some stuff. Maybe I'm overpaying, but I haven't really found anything worth spending money on from the in-game merchants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom