• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Taking WoW as a reference point, I'm sure their terms basically ban any addon that can automate actions in game (which is why mods like Decursive had to be redesigned, removing some of the intelligence out of the mod). At the moment I wouldn't think the risk is worth it, at least until they clarify their stance on something like this.

Original Decursive was ridiculous(ly awesome for lazy people like me).

spirity

They openly stated they didn't balance or design any of the gameplay with the AH in mind.

Didn't they openly state they balanced the game with the AH in mind a week before they said they didn't?

Why is loot dropping thats marked up for a character between 10 and 15 levels below the one you play? (Well I guess its arguable that loot is there for vendor fodder I suppose, which I could understand).

Kyoufu

No, but it's your fault you're being silly with the things you're ok with having changed vs. those you think are unacceptable.

Well if you think screwing players in co-op is acceptable then by all means.

I'm sure you defended the monster damage increase on launch too.

Mitama

So, anyone want this for their monk? I'm on EU.

96Vpk.png

Lesath

Taking WoW as a reference point, I'm sure their terms basically ban any addon that can automate actions in game (which is why mods like Decursive had to be redesigned, removing some of the intelligence out of the mod). At the moment I wouldn't think the risk is worth it, at least until they clarify their stance on something like this.

Not entirely true. Decursive functionality was broken because it took decision-making out of the game. On the other hand, equipment managers have survived every patch, until Blizzard decided to implement the functionality into the game itself.

Yeah, it does use the mouse. Who cares though? It's not detectable if you randomize the coords. I don't even randomize mine and it doesn't really matter either, why would Blizz care?

It's detectable in the sense that they can detect that a program is running in the background that is known to automate various processes. If you wrote the program yourself and haven't released it to anyone, different story maybe.

That being said, in the grand scheme of things it's not a hugely game breaking bot. But it still falls under the normal definition of bot, and if they decide to take a black and white approach, then you can't really complain if you get banned.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Not that much really, like 250k tops. Pretty low dps (for a 2h xbow) and no crit dmg and ias.

No way in hell that's worth 250k, or even 100k. Probably more like 25k or less.

When it comes to 2handers, you can find decent 1k + DPS rares for under 100k now.

Duesy

No way in hell that's worth 250k, or even 100k. Probably more like 25k or less.

When it comes to 2handers, you can find decent 1k + DPS rares for under 100k now.

1k+ rare crossbows and bows are a lot harder to find for cheap than the other weapons, so if you find something like that its worth more than you think.

Diablo 4 is pretty good but they didn't seem to remember anything from D3's fifth expansion :/

Story sucked too.

I thought they handled the story elements WAY better in Diablo 3, why didn't they just do it like that again? Typical Blizzard fixing stuff that ain't broke

windz

If I set it to a few years from now, do I get to play the expansion?

You bet you do. Leah is back, and you get to hear all about her stupid adventures with Uncle Deckard.

The Templar is back too, and my personal favorite, JAAAAAHNNDAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH, whom you have to fight as the last boss.

Edit: Last nights lag spike killed my alt Monk and my friends Wizard on Hardcore. We were working thru Act 4 normal so it's not that big of a deal in terms of time lost, but it still sucks hearing about everyone else that lost their characters. Two nights in a row around the same time - big lag spikes :(.

Really hoping it doesn't happen again tonight.

7 dollars to start with, eventually 2 dollars. :lol

Here's the thing. I'm guessing they may have fixed the cancellation problem sot hat the server now rejects requests. People are going to lowball right off the bat to make sure their inventory clears. Especially people who are just casuals looking to sell a few million gold, and to whom they don't really care about the difference between $5 / mil and $7 / mil.

If they price too high and they can't cancel their auctions, they're stuck for 2 days, with the risk of gold being worth $1 / mil by the chance they are able to relist it. So I think we'll see a race to the bottom coming out of the gate, and then a correction where everything begins to stabilize after most casuals have dumped their initial stock and the exploits become harder and harder to find.

If you're willing to spend RM, there will be some really good fucking deals if you're fast. That's JMO though

Kenaras

Didn't they openly state they balanced the game with the AH in mind a week before they said they didn't?

Why is loot dropping thats marked up for a character between 10 and 15 levels below the one you play? (Well I guess its arguable that loot is there for vendor fodder I suppose, which I could understand).

Bashiok (community manager) stated that the game was balanced around the auction house. Jay Wilson (lead designer) stated that it wasn't. You can read that how you will.

As for the levels of item drops, that's always been the way these games have worked. In fact, the lowest quality items dropped in Diablo 3 are much closer to the player level than they were in Diablo 2. (Yeah, yeah... I know Diablo 2 didn't have strict level requirements to equip gear.) In addition, before max level, the level requirement to equip gear is generally several levels lower than the average level a player would obtain these items. This allows a player to fight in areas a few levels over their own level, but still obtain equippable drops. The flip side is that it allows players to use the auction house to twink themselves out with equippable gear from higher-level areas. Finally, keep in mind that with the way the drop system works, tightly limiting the level range of the drops would also severely limit the possible legendaries which could drop. For example, if Inferno couldn't drop level 53 loot, it would be impossible to obtain a String of Ears in Inferno.

datamage

By the way my friend is convinced item drops are worse in co-op even though I think he's being silly. Apparently he made next to nothing in gold when we farmed for a day but then made millions when playing solo.

He's being silly, right?

I don't think he is, from my own experience, this tends to be the case as well. While playing with my friend (both of us with 0 MF)- we get a fraction of the rares we would get when playing alone. At first I thought it was a fluke, since things are random, but we've since tried several times, and it's been consistent.

We'd do a particular run for X amount of time and record how many rares we'd get. Then do the same run alone. The solo runs would always net more rares. I'm not sure why this is, but I'd like to hear others experiences.

Radec

$2 sounds reasonable.

But I'll probably wont bite even at that price. Cant get pass the thought of buying gold or items using rm.

I don't think he is, from my own experience, this tends to be the case as well. While playing with my friend (both of us with 0 MF)- we get a fraction of the rares we would get when playing alone. At first I thought it was a fluke, since things are random, but we've since tried several times, and it's been consistent.

We'd do a particular run for X amount of time and record how many rares we'd get. Then do the same run alone. The solo runs would always net more rares. I'm not sure why this is, but I'd like to hear others experiences.

You're going to have to do thousands of runs to get anything beyond anecdotal.

DSmalls84

Saw a thread on battle.net talking about bans. What actually constitutes an exploit? Is it ban worthy to checkpoint chest farm or use the zk trick to level? Or are they only talking botting and automated methods?

scy

You'd ideally want 100 or more runs per sample and rather than "X amount of time" it would be for "X amount of kills" with no variance there. That is, 100 runs each solo vs grouping and each run is precisely 50 kills of the exact same enemy types with the exact same MF.

So this is it: The game has a good chance of losing me after this week depending on how this RMAH changes things.

Just my personal opinion, and I may be in the minority, but I don't like the 'game within a game' of the AH--I want to play when I log on to play--and if the RMAH adds even more of a barrier to entry (real money to progress at a decent pace), I'm probably done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom