• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitama

Saw a thread on battle.net talking about bans. What actually constitutes an exploit? Is it ban worthy to checkpoint chest farm or use the zk trick to level? Or are they only talking botting and automated methods?

They are specifically talking about bots and hacks that use memory injection. So no, something like ZK runs and chest farming is not bannable at all. It's not even considered cheating to be honest.

MrDaravon

Well shit, I can't even sell on the RMAH if I wanted to because I have a prepaid cell and they won't take it for SMS, which is required to cash out via Paypal :/

Kyoufu

Those prices are normal. Remember, a million gold goes for 7 dollars right now. 20 million gold weapons are going to be costly :p

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
welp, I guess i can't use the AH anymore eh.
i'd play 10 bucks for a 800dmg 500 life on hit 15 IAS weapon or two

CaWpml.jpg

Kenaras

I don't think he is, from my own experience, this tends to be the case as well. While playing with my friend (both of us with 0 MF)- we get a fraction of the rares we would get when playing alone. At first I thought it was a fluke, since things are random, but we've since tried several times, and it's been consistent.

We'd do a particular run for X amount of time and record how many rares we'd get. Then do the same run alone. The solo runs would always net more rares. I'm not sure why this is, but I'd like to hear others experiences.

I recently cleared Act II Inferno solo from beginning to end on my demon hunter. I was at 5 NV for nearly the entire time, with a total of around 150% MF, and didn't skip any champion packs. In that entire time, I received a grand total of one rare item, not counting the guaranteed rares from the bosses. (Maghda, Kulle, etc.) I didn't keep track of how many champion packs I killed, but it must have been well over twenty; all but one pack dropped nothing but blues.

In other words, anecdotes are anecdotes. You need a much larger sample size to draw any conclusions.

scy

So this is it: The game has a good chance of losing me after this week depending on how this RMAH changes things.

Just my personal opinion, and I may be in the minority, but I don't like the 'game within a game' of the AH--I want to play when I log on to play--and if the RMAH adds even more of a barrier to entry (real money to progress at a decent pace), I'm probably done.

What exactly is a "decent pace" however? You can farm and gear that way and that's the intended pace. Buying equipment from the AH (gold AH or item wise) will just speed up the progression.

Personally, I'm expecting the RMAH to be primarily for selling gold. It's just easier to sell a bunch of gold than items for cashing out purposes, really. I can't imagine too many people really jumping at buying progression_upgrade_01 for $25 but maybe 5 people will buy 1M Gold for $6 each.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Apparently everyone thinks their stuff is worth $250 from what I am seeing.

DSmalls84

I'd advise anyone looking to buy stuff to wait at least 2 weeks for thing to slow down.

Lol I don't think a warning is needed for the majority of us. Unless those prices decrease substantially (sub $10 level) I will be using Gold AH exclusively.

Personally, I'm expecting the RMAH to be primarily for selling gold. It's just easier to sell a bunch of gold than items for cashing out purposes, really. I can't imagine too many people really jumping at buying progression_upgrade_01 for $25 but maybe 5 people will buy 1M Gold for $6 each.

Yup, this is how it will be. Blizzard basically guaranteed this path with the price cap.

Cipherr

Watching the RMAH drama with baited breath and popcorn. Haters vs spinners, its gonna be busy.

It was going to happen anyway. I mean, I looked over how d2jsp works last night and realized. I mean really really realized that this isnt really anything new, and that it was going to happen anyway. With as big as that site is, some probably consider it a bit of diablo history.

Meh Ill live, just get 1.03 live so we can properly farm for upgrades.

MrDaravon

Is there any sort of stat calculator out there? It's a pain in the ass trying to upgrade on the AH because without advanced tooltips working there I can't tell if stuff is an upgrade or not. Like for example on the below, I can't tell if the one on the left is actually an upgrade or not :/

JTRLU.png

Was gonna have a mod change the title, but since we're probably on track for a new OT today, I'll just save my title for then. It'll at least temporarily be RMAH related, and then I might fall back on one of the other ones I had in stock once the initial craze is over.

man none of those people understand the monetary system. Same goes with the gold AH so many thinsg are way overvalued. There is no equip good enough to be worth 30-50 million.

The UI genius should be super fired for allowing you to click on both the name and the item when using alt, thereby invariably causing you to pick up an exorbitant amount of crap.

That explains why I sometimes (seemingly random) pick up a dirty white piece of look when I know I clicked on the blue item

Someone actually just bought a Stormshield for $250. I know because I looked at the list and saw one with 32% block for $250, and now it shows as Sold.

J0dy77

I can't wait to see all of the ridiculous prices on the AH and the amazing amount of expired auctions.

All the people thinking, "ZOMG I'm going to make teh moneyz playing Diablo, I'm Rich!!".

I really don't know who is going to pay exorbitant amounts of money for this stuff. Especially for a game that isn't an MMO. What you see is what you get, we're not getting a new expansion or any hint of new content for a lonnnngg time.

Edit:

Someone actually just bought a Stormshield for $250. I know because I looked at the list and saw one with 32% block for $250, and now it shows as Sold.

Ok maybe I'm wrong. Who knows.

linsivvi

It's detectable in the sense that they can detect that a program is running in the background that is known to automate various processes. If you wrote the program yourself and haven't released it to anyone, different story maybe.

That being said, in the grand scheme of things it's not a hugely game breaking bot. But it still falls under the normal definition of bot, and if they decide to take a black and white approach, then you can't really complain if you get banned.

Relatively easy to get around by just renaming the program or whatever. Besides, they can't ban you just for having certain programs running in the background unless they have proof that you are using it on Diablo 3. Randomize click positions, randomize delay between clicks (make the delay humanly possible) and it's no different from a very quick human being.

Actually with modern Windows can they even detect it if you explicitly setup the security to hide it? I haven't touched OS development for a while so I'm not sure about that.

So its not okay to do a rollback, but its ok to screw over those who invested in gear with good MF stats? Oooooook

Those people are somewhat screwed already since even with MF 200%+ you are still not guaranteed to get a rare from elites but with 1.0.3 you are guaranteed a rare with NVx5, and with Inferno nerfed, the values of MF gears plummet. Just clear the whole act from beginning to finish and you will have a load of rares.

It's a much better system in my opinion but anytime Blizzard change things in the game there will be people who get screwed.

Radec

I can't wait to see all of the ridiculous prices on the AH and the amazing amount of expired auctions.

All the people thinking, "ZOMG I'm going to make teh moneyz playing Diablo, I'm Rich!!".

I really don't know who is going to pay exorbitant amounts of money for this stuff. Especially for a game that isn't an MMO. What you see is what you get, we're not getting a new expansion or any hint of new content for a lonnnngg time.

Edit:

Ok maybe I'm wrong. Who knows.

Apparently they are getting sold even with those crazy prices. lol

LukeSmith

It's too bad there isn't an initial investment required to list items (gold or RMAH). It could be a stronger incentive to price items to move.

scy

Is there any sort of stat calculator out there? It's a pain in the ass trying to upgrade on the AH because without advanced tooltips working there I can't tell if stuff is an upgrade or not. Like for example on the below, I can't tell if the one on the left is actually an upgrade or not :/

JTRLU.png

What's your current DEX? Your current Crit Damage? Crit Chance? Hard to tell anything without more details, honestly.

That said, the one on the left should be an upgrade in pretty much all situations unless you have an abnormally low DEX.

And thus came the end of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom