• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradach

First time I played in a few years. Got about 9 legendaries in about 3 hours of play.
I thought this was normal but the guy I was playing with was screaming at me how I am so lucky.

What's up with this?

I played for 3 hours yesterday (first time in ages too) and thought I was doing well with my 2 legendaries.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So the EU servers are fucked. 1999ms and freezing, completely unable to move. My friend is having the same issue as well, as are others on the forum yet Blizzard haven't even bothered to respond. I don't know why the EU servers are so much worse than the US ones.

V_Arnold

So the EU servers are fucked. 1999ms and freezing, completely unable to move. My friend is having the same issue as well, as are others on the forum yet Blizzard haven't even bothered to respond. I don't know why the EU servers are so much worse than the US ones.

France is the answer. France is always the answer to this. Blizz EU is maintained by two janitors in France, on a monthly budget of $12.95. Sometimes servers crash, then they go down on a stairs, take out the trash that is in front of that Pentium 1 server, and reboot it.

So yeah, it is a complicated process.

Bradach

France is the answer. France is always the answer to this. Blizz EU is maintained by two janitors in France, on a monthly budget of $12.95. Sometimes servers crash, then they go down on a stairs, take out the trash that is in front of that Pentium 1 server, and reboot it.

lol.

i'm looking forward to a run around later tonight, I hope EU is back up at that stage

xero273

I can't check bnet links from work, but my monk who was previously stomping MP10 was able to get upgrades via crafting for shoulders, bracers and belt fairly quickly (<10 crafts each)

If you haven't done so yet those are solid options. Chest too possibly

ok I will try that. another thing is I'm using the stun build you posted on reddit and when I was using it last night i was running out of spirit, I assume for monk you want attack speed on equipment so you can generate spirit faster and drop more bells? what about crit and crit dmg? should i care about that?

Insaniac

Crafting bracers requires 15 common debris now. The chest like two. It's ridiculous how much cheaper the chest is comparatively.

I'm drowning in common debris! They should make Magic items give you x3 or 4 exquisite and rares give you x1 or x2 in addition to iridescent tears. I never have enough of em

We did ubers on Torment IV with a full group and not one of us got a single organ. Suspect Blizz broke something so I wouldn't bother.

Huh. I did 3 runs with GAFers and got 2 organs. They said I was lucky. I guess I was.

Also, the 1H Bow I got last night...I'll post it once I fix it up. Probably the best drop I've had in this game.

There we go! No sleep and heading to work now, fml.

Went from Paragon 60 to 96 today at least, Jesus!

Wish me luck at work.
Gawd damn, Yoshi. Next thing you're gonna do is set up a lappy under the desk at work and play with your toes when no one is paying attention.

I laughed. Great mental image.

Got some sweet green blacksmith plans last night but don't know which pieces to craft. Is there a way to see how the visual model looks, like in World of Warcraft?

Is crafting even a good idea now with the expansion weeks away? Should we not be saving our money for RoS 70s? Every good legendary I get I sort of get salty because in a few weeks it'll be worth as much to me as my level 50 item drops are to my 60 account.

The bitter irony of it all is as a player since launch I only was able to find a handful of legendaries, lifetime. Now they're raining down like so much candy in Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory, but I have to enjoy them for a brief moment because in a few weeks those level 60 legendaries I've coveted for literally years won't be so special anymore. Feels weird. Good in the moment, meh in the grand scheme.

Is crafting even a good idea now with the expansion weeks away? Should we not be saving our money for RoS 70s? Every good legendary I get I sort of get salty because in a few weeks it'll be worth as much to me as my level 50 item drops are to my 60 account.

I heard legendaries scale with your level, is that not true?

Shifty76

ok I will try that. another thing is I'm using the stun build you posted on reddit and when I was using it last night i was running out of spirit, I assume for monk you want attack speed on equipment so you can generate spirit faster and drop more bells? what about crit and crit dmg? should i care about that?

Exalted Soul helps and I since added in EP Strong Spirit to the mix so when things die I get a chunk of spirit back. You may want one of the +spirit generators too.

Yes, absolutely you want cc/cd. Try to be around a 1:10 ratio. 2.0 attack speed is the minimum I'd try for.

Insaniac

I heard legendaries scale with your level, is that not true?

Legendaries scale with your level in the sense that you can get legendaries that normally drop at level 30, at a level 70 level with equivalent stats.

This does not mean that as you level up your legendary's stats will equivalently "level up" to match your level (unless i've been grossly misinformed)

I'm not sure how crafting works, but I have had plans drop that were level 23 on my level 60 char, so I don't think those scale

The NA RMAH (for gold specifically) is functional again and the price is currently about $4.2 per 50 million, which is the highest it has been till date. If you wanted to offload some gold, now is the time.

Robin64

Legendaries are scaled when dropped, yeah, but crafted ones are not and are rolled at the level listed. If you're 60 and you craft a level 30 legendary, it comes out as level 30.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Are you guys crafting just out of curiosity? Because won't any crafted gear be more or less obsolete one month from now?

I've done a few.

Seven Sins:
Easy upgrade over the previous craftable shoulders. They have ~100 of each mainstat as base, and they have 4 randoms from there so it's pretty easy to get your mainstat and vit and wind up with 450 of each.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Raticus79-1110/hero/3454234

Here's the recipe. Of the "4 random properties", 3 are primary and 1 is secondary. (So the ones I have rolled dex, vit, %life and experience boost as the secondary)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/seven-sins

Hellfire ring crafting's a lot more reliable now with the smaller pool of affixes now that the split ones like dex/vit are gone.

Xevren

Oh my god I hope they fix the nonstop chatter. Getting dialogue from the hero/follower after every kill this morning was terrible lol

Why will crafted gear be obsolete in a month from now?

Because of the raising of the level cap. So they will be obselete for the same reason your level 50 gear is obsolete on your level 60 characters.

Also, sharing with the class:

flu6.png

With the frosty version of the elemental arrow? And it's actually giving me Hate instead of consuming it??
pz70.png

Shouta

I finally got wired net at home and loaded this up yesterday. It's amazing the loot is so much better. The revamped skills for all the classes are fantastic too. Inner Sanctuary with that new final rune is actually useful for Monk! Totally using that over Serenity now, lol.

The new Plvl stuff is really nice too. I can mess with the gear and tweak those for the best combination i want, no more having to cram tons of junk on one for obscene cash. Can someone toss me an invite to the guild? I think I saw eek and Ploid with it last night but I was too busy with checking the changes out.

JCizzle

Because of the raising of the level cap. So they will be obselete for the same reason your level 50 gear is obsolete on your level 60 characters.

Also, sharing with the class:

flu6.png

With the frosty version of the elemental arrow? And it's actually giving me Hate instead of consuming it??
pz70.png

Why does it say lvl 31?

O.DOGG

For some reason I've been getting shitty drops all throughout Act 1, even though I moved from Torment 1 to Torment 2. The 1 or 2 legendaries I got were weaker than what I already had and I'm still using the gear I used when i finished T1. What the hell...

Robin64

For some reason I've been getting shitty drops all throughout Act 1, even though I moved from Torment 1 to Torment 2. The 1 or 2 legendaries I got were weaker than what I already had and I'm still using the gear I used when i finished T1. What the hell...

The drop quality doesn't improve with difficulties, so don't expect that.

cluderi

Jumped back in with the new patch and am trying to decide who to level, I only completed the main game with a wizard and fancy a melee char but will leveling a monk ( for example ) be too close to a crusader in ROS ( which I'm sure I'll want to try out )

Vodh

I'm not sure how crafting works, but I have had plans drop that were level 23 on my level 60 char, so I don't think those scale

You're right, those don't scale. However, for every lower level legendary/set plan there is a lvl 70 version that drops on max level, so you'll be able to find those plans and craft lvl 70 versions of those legendaries in RoS. It's been confirmed by blue.

vilmer_

You can just farm normal over and over :/ Pretty silly decision there on their part.

J. Bravo

Health Globes by mowing down monsters. Having some pickup radius helps a lot.

As for damage mitigation, Diamond Skin, <insert> Armor of choice, Galvanizing Ward and Dominance. Stack lots of armor and allres, especially armor since your primary stat already adds to allres.
is there a way to make more health globes drop? i've noticed that they are not very common. also, am i supposed to be only using a generator, a spender, and 4 buffs or something?
What build/difficulty are you running?

right now i am running torment 2 crypt of the ancients pretty easily. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/balddemon-1627/hero/18429644 3 buffs, archon.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
Every good legendary I get I sort of get salty because in a few weeks it'll be worth as much to me as my level 50 item drops are to my 60 account.
e.
That may be the case for crafted or rares but I dont see that being the case immediately especially for legendaries. Yes they will scale with lvl but they will roll stats from the same pool of affixes. If you have a legendary that works now there is no guarantee you will automatically find a replacement as soon as the xp hits. Eventually yes, but prolly months not weeks.

Insaniac

You're right, those don't scale. However, for every lower level legendary/set plan there is a lvl 70 version that drops on max level, so you'll be able to find those plans and craft lvl 70 versions of those legendaries in RoS. It's been confirmed by blue.

oh thats good to know

eek5

I finally got wired net at home and loaded this up yesterday. It's amazing the loot is so much better. The revamped skills for all the classes are fantastic too. Inner Sanctuary with that new final rune is actually useful for Monk! Totally using that over Serenity now, lol.

The new Plvl stuff is really nice too. I can mess with the gear and tweak those for the best combination i want, no more having to cram tons of junk on one for obscene cash. Can someone toss me an invite to the guild? I think I saw eek and Ploid with it last night but I was too busy with checking the changes out.

I've been messing with cyclone/implosion with the inner sanctuary 30% dmg / slow enemies and MoC. Cyclone in, inner sanctuary and hit a MoC for huge damage boost and clustered enemies. Pretty sweet.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
The drop quality doesn't improve with difficulties, so don't expect that.

Yeah, I almost have more fun on T1 than higher levels simply because I can mow down hordes of enemies quickly and collect more drops in said timeframe. Higher torment levels boost XP greatly, but if it's item farming you want then it seems best to stay on T1. Pretty much just stay on the highest torment level that trash remains trivial to you and where you can "quickly" dispatch elite packs. If its taking you ten minutes per elite pack then it's time to knock it down a peg or two.

That may be the case for crafted or rares but I dont see that being the case immediately especially for legendaries. Yes they will scale with lvl but they will roll stats from the same pool of affixes. If you have a legendary that works now there is no guarantee you will automatically find a replacement as soon as the xp hits. Eventually yes, but prolly months not weeks.

I hear you, but with the way legendaries are dropping...I don't think it'll take more than a few days before people have upgraded major portions of their characters, if not the majority of the slots.

It's Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory, and we're all invited.

Yeah, I almost have more fun on T1 than higher levels simply because I can mow down hordes of enemies quickly and collect more drops in said timeframe. Higher torment levels boost XP greatly, but if it's item farming you want then it seems best to stay on T1. Pretty much just stay on the highest torment level that trash remains trivial to you and where you can "quickly" dispatch elite packs. If its taking you ten minutes per elite pack then it's time to knock it down a peg or two.

I'm kinda the opposite on that. I like feeling like I worked a little for my kills. Breezing through feels unrewarding and creates boredom for me.

ymmv. but give me a little challenge over bosses dying in 5 seconds any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom