• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Ok gonna report something weird, possible bug (calling Raticus).

There's a Legendary called Fist of Azturrasq which increases the damage of Exploding Palm to 90% of the enemies' HP. Basically if you use this next to two or more enemies no matter how big they are if one has the Palm debuff on all enemies with equal health or less with die instantly.

That seems to work for 3 out of the 5 runes for Exploding Palm. Does not work with Essence Burn and Creeping Demise. Looks like a bug to me.

When it works though... its probably the best skill in the game. Against blue packs you basically just need to kill one of them.

Ketch

mr%20yan.png

So I got these pants on my WD and I'm trying to figure out a good build to use with them... anybody know how that might factor in with summons? or DoTs? You have to stop to basically cast pretty much anything so I'm not sure if these pants are really worth it.

So far I got spirit walk (damage while running through people), soul harvest, locust and haunt... but I might go full summon build if it works that way I'm just not sure how to figure it out.

So I got these pants on my WD and I'm trying to figure out a good build to use with them... anybody know how that might factor in with summons? or DoTs? You have to stop to basically cast pretty much anything so I'm not sure if these pants are really worth it.

So far I got spirit walk (damage while running through people), soul harvest, locust and haunt... but I might go full summon build if it works that way I'm just not sure how to figure it out.

The chicken Hex rune with lots of cooldown reduction, for a speed-kamikaze build

Kssio_Aug

At my last playthrough I played at about 2 hours. Dropped 2 legs, both staff with really bad stats! T-T
I'm not having luck with drops, with my Wiz!

Also, its just me or is the "resist to all" stats not being rolled? When I get something that could interest me, it usually does not have resist all and then I prefer to continue with my actual gear.

RS4-

I see all resistance a fair bit, just wait for that good rng to bless you.

Feels bad, when patch first dropped I sold my mf gear to the vendor lol :(

Kssio_Aug

I see all resistance a fair bit, just wait for that good rng to bless you.

Feels bad, when patch first dropped I sold my mf gear to the vendor lol :(

Yeah, I think I will have to wait the lucky day! lol
But a noob question: what mean the "rng" abbreviation?

What do you people do to your trash legs? I am with tons of legs at my stash from long time that I cant sell at the AH (maybe im pricing it wrong, besides many of them I tried to sell for less then 1kk), and dont want to use them. Should I just salvage them?

What do you people do to your trash legs? I am with tons of legs at my stash from long time that I cant sell at the AH (maybe im pricing it wrong, besides many of them I tried to sell for less then 1kk), and dont want to use them. Should I just salvage them?

in RoS you will need to salvage the unused legs mandatory at level 70. You will be short of that material in the mystic allways.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Can't check your bnet link from work, but some general things I would recommend:

1) Scour the AH for jewelry. In particular, jewelry with good avg dmg, cc, dex, and ideally some ias or cd. I haven't found anything in 2.0 that even comes close to the dps I get from my pre-2.0 jewelry. I don't care about 200 vit on a ring - I can get that vit anywhere, but those damage rolls are tough to come by. I think the best 2.0 ring I've found gave me 20k less dps than my current worst ring.

2) Say goodbye to life steal and start working on alternate forms of sustain. I go with Transcendence mostly, as I have a pretty solid +globe bonus which boosts it.

3) Can't see if you're using it, but Resolve is a pretty bad passive as it only helps vs physical dmg. Physical dmg shouldn't be killing you - it's the elemental damage that hurts, and Resolve does NOTHING against that.

I wrote up a bit of a guide on the build I'm using right now over on the monk subreddit on reddit. Here's the link if you're interested in giving it a go. The beauty of the build is that because bells give such a long stun, that it's an extremely safe build to play and you don't need amazing gear to survive even on higher difficulties.

Here's the link: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Monks.../stun_monk_v2/

Is damage on rings better than dexterity? My current rings give me about 300 Dex each. Based on pure stats, my toon has higher dex and vit than yours, but I've only got about a third of the damage... what kind of weapons should I be looking for? So far I'm basically using the two legendaries that I've dropped in 2.0, since they were just leagues better than any gear I had before. Sadly, I haven't had any good socket gear drop so I can't really augment anything.

RS4-

Random number generator.

As for the legs, I'm keeping them for RoS, just in case they add new salvage mats or something. If you're running out of space, just create some new chars and use them as storage.

MrDaravon

Random number generator.

As for the legs, I'm keeping them for RoS, just in case they add new salvage mats or something. If you're running out of space, just create some new chars and use them as storage.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but they won't salvage into anything different in RoS; salvage mats are based on the item level which isn't going to change in RoS, we're just going to higher level items.

Robin64

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but they won't salvage into anything different in RoS; salvage mats are based on the item level which isn't going to change in RoS, we're just going to higher level items.

That's right. RoS has new salvage mats, but from 61+ items. Current gear will always give what it currently does. (You can actually get some 61+ right now if you are really lucky)

Ploid 3.0

As long as you are moving more than you are standing still to cast you should come out on top. Channel spells are a no go though. Move, cast, move even in a small pace, cast again. Think of moving as your mana battery.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
That's right. RoS has new salvage mats, but from 61+ items. Current gear will always give what it currently does. (You can actually get some 61+ right now if you are really lucky)

Yep, I have a few each of both the new blue and yellow crafting materials for RoS already. I always get them from salvaging lvl 61 items that are locked out to me. They are account bound and can't be sold on the AH.

Kssio_Aug

in RoS you will need to salvage the unused legs mandatory at level 70. You will be short of that material in the mystic allways.

Random number generator.

I see! I think I will salvage the bad legendaries that I have then. I need to organize my stash anyway!

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

There's actually a bit of a delay - if you're moving when you hit the cast button, it'll still have the buff from the pants in effect when you cast the spell even though you're technically stopped at that time. So, they're not quite as useless as they seem.

There's a Legendary called Fist of Azturrasq which increases the damage of Exploding Palm to 90% of the enemies' HP. Basically if you use this next to two or more enemies no matter how big they are if one has the Palm debuff on all enemies with equal health or less with die instantly.

That seems to work for 3 out of the 5 runes for Exploding Palm. Does not work with Essence Burn and Creeping Demise. Looks like a bug to me.

When it works though... its probably the best skill in the game. Against blue packs you basically just need to kill one of them.

Sure, sounds like a bug. I put up a post for it. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11985788579#1

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So of course, I'm going to reinstall and update the game tonight. Of course.

I'm trying to hunt down the major changes that occurred in this pre-ROS patch. Is there a good breakdown?

Also, did they balance the classes yet? My WD was farming MP7 no problem, MP8-10 with some care. My DH, with what I would argue to be better gear than my WD, was having issues farming lower MP levels. Just curious on how things have gone.

And is there still a relatively active GAF community? Grinding plvls is boring solo.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
And is there still a relatively active GAF community? Grinding plvls is boring solo.

We're so active we didn't all fit in one clan. Typically about 50 on at a time.

I hope they enable community chat by default soon so that would work better as a fallback.

Celegus

That was on the F&F beta where all weapons (1h too) had crazy damage numbers, they were nerfed on the closed/PTR. Currently (as in the last beta patch) 2h weapons are at 2500-3000 dps.

For example, this is the one I was using the last days with my crusader.

Rest of 2h weapons I had on the stash by the end of the beta.

Man they reeeeaally need to fix the 2H weapon damage bug. That thing looks amazing!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Very active GAF community right now. The new clan features are some of my favorite changes for 2.0, it's made the game feel like an actual multiplayer game finally. One of my biggest hopes for the near future is that they increase the clan size limit, it's a shame we capped out so fast and now have more than one clan.

Diablo III is finally a worthy successor to Diablo II in my opinion.

ok question, how does co op xp work in diablo 3?

Im level 54 my friend is level 24, is there no way I can help him level faster?

I read online once the level disparity is 10+ levels, the lowbie only gets like 5% mob kills?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
EU community is fucking amazing. Been playing with EU people like 12 hours a day.

Also, what the fuck was up with my boss today? Had to work like 10 fucking hours. jesus christ. Gotta patch the game, then ready to roll! Currently on a shit computer but anything will do!

Ketch

There's actually a bit of a delay - if you're moving when you hit the cast button, it'll still have the buff from the pants in effect when you cast the spell even though you're technically stopped at that time. So, they're not quite as useless as they seem

Guess I'll be a stutter stepping fool.

Do you know what happens if I'm not moving while I cast but then move before the spell hits anyone? Like poison frogs for example?

Shifty76

Is damage on rings better than dexterity? My current rings give me about 300 Dex each. Based on pure stats, my toon has higher dex and vit than yours, but I've only got about a third of the damage... what kind of weapons should I be looking for? So far I'm basically using the two legendaries that I've dropped in 2.0, since they were just leagues better than any gear I had before. Sadly, I haven't had any good socket gear drop so I can't really augment anything.

I would say yes. Like vit, dex is easy to get, but rolls such as avg dmg, cc, cd, ias (all the big dmg modifiers) only spawn on certain items, and they seem to spawn a whole lot less frequently in 2.0. I'm recommending people buy good jewelry on the AH while they still can.

Really anything works for weapons. I did have a ~1550 dps mainhand (with ruby) but took the 40k dps hit from switching to sledge fist as I just love the stun.

Crossed the 200k mark with my Wizard after snatching up a fairly nice Witching Hour on the AH for cheap. The class feels a juggernaut now with those damage buffs across the board. So many new animations too, it definitely got the most attention out of the current roster for the update. New Archon mode is bananas when there are plenty of trash mobs around plus, allies contributing to the kill count seems like an obvious but appreciated addition. Wish it lasted another 10s though

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Me and my brother are getting trolled pretty hard by loot rng. We are finding legendaries at a decent clip, but they are always just awful, unexceptional garbage that may as well be rares. No cool, unique effects. I found a legendary neck yesterday that was just laughably bad. No mainstat or vit, just some attack speed and cooldown reduction.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I would say yes. Like vit, dex is easy to get, but rolls such as avg dmg, cc, cd, ias (all the big dmg modifiers) only spawn on certain items, and they seem to spawn a whole lot less frequently in 2.0. I'm recommending people buy good jewelry on the AH while they still can.

Really anything works for weapons. I did have a ~1550 dps mainhand (with ruby) but took the 40k dps hit from switching to sledge fist as I just love the stun.

Hrm, well I'll give the auction house a shot, but I'm still relatively gold-poor unfortunately.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Unable to find GAF on search am i doing something wrong ? Im on EU servers.
Find the NeoGAF Community on English (Britain) and PM me through there (Yoshichan)!

Kssio_Aug

I want to play with the Gaf Community too! T-T
But I am a NA server player!
Isnt there any plans to make a second clan? Or any way to sign to a waiting list?

Bizazedo

Really enjoying my WD build and have this thread to thank for it. Really didn't enjoy the Vampire Bats part of the suggestion (I'm probably missing why they're good), but the rest of it works really well.

Got a Rhen'Ho Flayer with a "Rain of Toads now actively seek out their targets and can explode twice". Of course I went Rain of Toads and my little charm froggies are devastating. Having almost everything in the game be vulnerable to this is amazing as it negates the damage coming at me and they attack their buds.

Combined that with Big Bad Voodoo and the version of it where creatures killed can spawn Zombie Dogs + ability to spawn little fetish buddies when people die near me + Manitou. Spirit Walk for emergencies. I just steam roll with tons of pets and can spam frogs from a distance due to their homing nature. I replaced the bats with Locust Swarm and learned quickly that if I hit an enemy creature that spawns additional enemy creatures with it, everything it spawns has Locust Swarm.

:)

Only problems are....

The Flayer rolled with mana regen and with this build I never need mana regen as my main attack (horde of toads = free), but I'm completely addicted to homing missile frogs and even Legendaries that would on paper increase my damage seem not to as I lose the homing double exploding frogs.

If I die or I'm just beginning, I need to blow Voodoo early on against a pack of quickly killed mobs to get my 3 zombie dogs. On the upside, though, they almost never die, so once they're up I'm good. I have 3 dogs / swarm of little knife weilding fetishes with me always and the barbarians I group with love the haste buff.

This is the weapon I want above all other.

HappyHunting

Neo Member
Yea when it works it's ridiculously OP.

Speaking of OP... what's the deal with Frozen Orb? That skill seems bugged as hell.

Yeah it's bugged/not working as intended. Funny thing is that with some interesting drops my Arcane Torrent is doubling dps of frozen orb. Love that I can build what I feel are more fun and less cookie cutter builds. Got a leg that reduces my Slow Time spell by 67%, so I use the stun bubble plus Arcane Torrent for surprising synergy.

njean777

I want to play the new expansion so bad, but I would rather go with the ps4 version as I only have a MacBook Air right now and I prefer the controller to kb/m. Why hasn't blizzard given us a release date for D3 on ps4 yet :(.

Yoshichan

Bro, I don't go offline. I'm on Hearthstone, it should show me as online o_o

edit: oh fuck, the community! Yeah I'll be there in 20 minutes!

Jrmint

ok question, how does co op xp work in diablo 3?

Im level 54 my friend is level 24, is there no way I can help him level faster?

I read online once the level disparity is 10+ levels, the lowbie only gets like 5% mob kills?
People were exploiting by getting to 60 in one hour so they nerfed the shit out of it. It's so fast to level now though.

Kssio_Aug

Level up to 60 is now pretty fast, really.
Before 2.0 patch I remember to have to go through all acts 3 times (once each difficulty till inferno) to get to 60. That, if I did not finished with 57-59, so I would have to grind some more to get there.
Now, I do not even finished the 1st act at the first playthroug and I am already level 26 and 27 with my monk and my demon hunter respectively. However, for newcomers it can take a little longer... but a lot easier than before, thats for sure!

Yoshichan

Do we still have a GAF guild running and is it EU or US?

Fuck yes and it's the best ever. EU and US.

You still punching and kicking demons in the face?!

MrDaravon

This was too funny not to share:

Uha9hIg.jpg

CzWWMlw.jpg

VdimrEm.jpg

eLLYUIU.jpg

Was a very slight dps drop (like 3k, due to me having a high dps black weapon and a really good triumvirate/Zuni boots/Tal stuff), but totally worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom