• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cathcart

Got my first ever D3 level 60 yesterday (surprise, it's a wizard). By the end of the night I was playing with a friend and we were tearing through master pretty easily, like I had almost given up on avoiding lasers at that point. Thinking about starting torment tonight but since we play on HC I figured I'd ask what you guys think of this gear doing torment one:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Fubsy-1854/hero/40799322

Seem reasonable?

EP has been my favorite skill for a very long time. I've been running a vac monk to EP forever. The stun bell has been a nice addition. That weapon has been on my radar since I heard about it.

ulch.png

ain't she a beaut.

A Monk in the party with one of these will make for T6 ez mode farming. You don't even have to do the work. Just get in, tag a couple and let your dps teammates do the rest. Pull them in when appropriate and poof goes the entire pack.

Keep your Thunderfury's. I'll rock with this :D

Kssio_Aug

ulch.png

ain't she a beaut.

A Monk in the party with one of these will make for T6 ez mode farming. You don't even have to do the work. Just get in, tag a couple and let your dps teammates do the rest. Pull them in when appropriate and poof goes the entire pack.

Keep your Thunderfury's. I'll rock with this :D

Dont you think the Fist of Azturrasq will be nerfed soon?

Zeroth

Okay, anyone else got a sharp drop in the performance these past days? My laptop used to run the game on the highest settings and hit 60 FPs easily, now it is struggling to get 30 FPS on the lowest settings.

Shifty76

Ok gonna report something weird, possible bug (calling Raticus).

There's a Legendary called Fist of Azturrasq which increases the damage of Exploding Palm to 90% of the enemies' HP. Basically if you use this next to two or more enemies no matter how big they are if one has the Palm debuff on all enemies with equal health or less with die instantly.

That seems to work for 3 out of the 5 runes for Exploding Palm. Does not work with Essence Burn and Creeping Demise. Looks like a bug to me.

When it works though... its probably the best skill in the game. Against blue packs you basically just need to kill one of them.

Essence Burn doesn't trigger the 50% hp explosion on death, so it makes sense that it wouldn't get the bonus. Never used creeping demise so no idea on that.

Artanisix

#roadto200paragon

trying to get 200 before ros hits, got to 100 earlier today. time to poopsock while i watch how i met your mother

Dahbomb

Dont you think the Fist of Azturrasq will be nerfed soon?
Wouldn't doubt it. Although the core issue is that enemy HP is so high and Exploding Palm scales so well with enemy HP. It's just one of those issues of Torment having stupidly high enemy HP.. moves like this become the obvious choice. If enemy HP wasn't so high a Legendary like this wouldn't be a big deal.

They can probably nerf it to 75-80% of enemy HP.

Wouldn't doubt it. Although the core issue is that enemy HP is so high and Exploding Palm scales so well with enemy HP. It's just one of those issues of Torment having stupidly high enemy HP.. moves like this become the obvious choice. If enemy HP wasn't so high a Legendary like this wouldn't be a big deal.

They can probably nerf it to 75-80% of enemy HP.

It would still be amazing.

ccbfan

What the quickest/cheapest way to make a character good enough to do torment 1?

I haven't played this game for a while but I have all 5 classes at level 60.

Tried it with my monk yesterday and torment 1 took forever to kill anything.

Dahbomb

Just play through the game like normal on Hard/Expert. You will get to around 100K DPS in a few days of regular farming after which Torment 1 becomes quicker.

IceMarker

What the quickest/cheapest way to make a character good enough to do torment 1?

I haven't played this game for a while but I have all 5 classes at level 60.

Tried it with my monk yesterday and torment 1 took forever to kill anything.

Get at least (along with your main stat) Crit Chance, Crit Damage, and Attack Speed as one of the affixes on each of your armor pieces and at least 1,000 1H damage weapon(s) or 1,200 2H damage weapons.

Kssio_Aug

I'm gonna play a little bit now (probaly something like 1~2 hours).
Those who want to join me, just add: KssioAug#1269 (NA server)

Cathcart

ASDF
Q for potion
W for force move
SPACE for hold position

is where it's at
Years of MOBAs makes QWER feel perfect. S is for stop, because S. I use the side mouse buttons for force move and 2 for pots because I always have them in the second slot in League/Dota. I even use elective mode to put skills where they'd be on League champs, like Q for vault because of Vayne or E for frost nova because Lissandra. R for Archon because ult (also because Ar).

Sigmaah

I am online right now.

Fuck, went out lmao. If you're on now I can play still but if not we can play sometime tomorrow if you have time (I do)

So I played an act 3 run and got 2 legendaries. a quiver and a mighty belt as my DH. Why the fuck I got a mighty belt! I mean, it was mad good but I gave it to my brother since he mainly plays barb.

Whatever a drop is a drop at least! glad the rate of items went up, really gonna help this game imo.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Wait what is going on here

diablo distilled down to it's purest form my friend, 99% pure chance (maybe even a touch beyond that) of getting at least 3 legendaries an hour

involves constantly killing a rare endlessly respawning elite mob, it's going to be hotfixed soon though

Insaniac

Is there some bug with Off-hand source / mojo damage for Set / legendary?? I just got the Tal rasha source and the ranges on the damage were like 50-180 or something tiny

Raide

Really amazing what a few loot tweaks can do to my addiction levels. Almost crazy that they launched D3 so badly.

Also weird to have a massive time-out and find that most of your skills feel very different.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Really amazing what a few loot tweaks can do to my addiction levels. Almost crazy that they launched D3 so badly.

Also weird to have a massive time-out and find that most of your skills feel very different.

I don't think the only issue was with loot at launch. The game had serious balance issues, especially for melee classes. Anything outside of pure tank was pretty much unplayable as a melee, I know my friend list from week one launch went from like 5 barbs, 6 demon hunters, 4 witch doctors, 5 monks to 13 demon hunters, 1 monk, and 6 witch doctors lol...

All classes feel pretty balanced right now IMO, but that may be more of a result of just extreme power inflation with the new loot, everything always feels good when the game isn't as punishing, difficult, or frustrating as it used to be, overall.

Kiru

i did apply to the right NeoGAF on eu ? It has 25 members... Still pending. game name is Chad

You can't really apply ingame. That's not the right group then. Search for the NeoGAF Community and find tunesmith or yoshichan in there. Ask one of them to invite you.

MrDaravon

Yesterday was a great day. Got a great Thunderfury and Tal's Amulet for my Wizard (the Amulet has 386 Vit AND 16% Life, which is absurd) and a fantastic Strongarm Bracers for my DH that also rolled 16% Cold skills damage...and I run Frost Arrow with Kridershot.

IT'S GONNA BE A GOOD WEEKEND Y'ALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom