• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTKT

Please do something about the stats spread on rares.

Please. :|

P.S Or the disparity between iLevel 61-62-63 and the rest.
P.S Or weapon DPS being the sole indicator of a weapon effectiveness.

Well, I just managed to do the whole of VotA without taking my maxed out magic gear off... though it took muuuuuch longer than I would like. I reckon if I can get my DPS up to 22k or so it'll be all right, but I want to try and do it without dropping a single point of MF... just for the hell of it. :D

I reckon I need some sort of ridiculously OP main hand.

Can't wait to see what they're doing with Demon Hunter tomorrow. I literally have used the same build forever. No reason to use anything else because everything else sucks. There's only 2 viable builds for a DH, and tons of useless skills/runes.

Insaniac

Please do something about the stats spread on rares.

Please. :|

P.S Or the disparity between iLevel 61-62-63 and the rest.
P.S Or weapon DPS being the sole indicator of a weapon effectiveness.

they already talked about fixing this

Cipherr

Can't wait to see what they're doing with Demon Hunter tomorrow. I literally have used the same build forever. No reason to use anything else because everything else sucks. There's only 2 viable builds for a DH, and tons of useless skills/runes.

Yep, they are going to need to make WAY more changes than they listed for the barb. DH needs a lot of work in making most skills worth using.

MrDaravon

I'm actually pretty impressed by all of the 1.04 stuff they've talked about so far. I kept saying that I was sure they would eventually get there, but I'm willing to eat some crow on this because I didn't think they start turning the ship around this fast. Unless when the full patch notes are released there's something terrible in there, I'm probably back in. I play as a DH though, so I'm really going to need to see what they do there.

theta11

Looking foward to seeing the Monk, Wizard and Witch Doctor classes changes. Not really too interested in Demon Hunter and Barbarian. I do whoever like the direction they are going with Barbarian.

I'm not massively impressed by those hydra changes.

...and not happy about the nerf to the critical mass build. I hadn't got a chance to try it yet. :( Though I am glad I hadn't started spending on gear for it too.

Very meh on the whole. Seems like they put in far less effort than they did on the barbs.

theta11

It's kinda curious...don't tornado Barbarians and tornado Wizards operate under the same principle? Why nerf the skill when ultimately it's the passive itself that causes the trouble.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Do you have a link to that?

In the preview post, they said that all ilvl61-63 items will have similar damage ranges, so that ilvl61 and 62 weapons could potentially get a damage roll that's comparable to a ilvl63. That way, the stat rolls on the weapons will be more significant, and it's not already a forgone conclusion that your ilvl61 and 62 weapons are gonna be shit even before you ID them.

Zaventem

I wanna see the changes made to Witch doctor.It showed so much potential but they fucked the class over so hard because of the fear it might be OP.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
It's kinda curious...don't tornado Barbarians and tornado Wizards operate under the same principle? Why nerf the skill when ultimately it's the passive itself that causes the trouble.

Sorta.

They both use crits as a way to regain fury/arcane power.

Barb uses battle rage into the fray to regen fury on crit, Wiz uses "gain AP on crit" stat on gear.

Wiz also uses crits via "critical mass" passive to reduce the cooldowns on skills. Tornado barb doesn't need to reduce cooldowns on anything.

This allows the Wiz to spam moves that normally couldn't be spammed due to having a cooldown.

Well that Wizard blog was underwhelming. As one of the comments below it mentioned, it was roughly 75% hydra stuff, 20% twister nerf, and 5% filler.

There are so many other problems that I want to know about how they're being addressed. For one, the armor spells and energy armor particularly. They touched on this, as well as things like arcane torrent and seeker missile, but still spent most of the time on hydra, which is boring and we knew would be fixed anyway.

Firemind

Energy Twister is having its proc coefficient reduced from 0.25 to 0.125.

boodn.jpg

eek5

If it's procing way more at 0.25 coeff than any other skill in the game then it'd make a legendary like the one that has 30% chance to charm way overpowered. It makes sense to adjust it. Just get more crit% to compensate.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
They touched on this, as well as things like arcane torrent and seeker missile, but still spent most of the time on hydra, which is boring and we knew would be fixed anyway.
The thing about arcane torrent that still bothers me is this: They can buff the damage, sure, that's fine, but it still doesn't really solve one thing.

In its current form, arcane torrent is basically a shittier version of disintegrate. Damage buffs don't really do anything to change that fact. Arcane mines is a good way to add some differences that change the fundamental way the skill is used, but it's not enough.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
If it's procing way more at 0.25 coeff than any other skill in the game then it'd make a legendary like the one that has 30% chance to charm way overpowered. It makes sense to adjust it. Just get more crit% to compensate.
Yes, but the charm weapon already had some built-in balances to that since it's a 2-hander, and it doesn't have AP on crit. That means your only source of AP on crit is your hat, and that's usually not enough to sustain a prolonged tornado spam.

Other 1-handers with powerful procs would have a chance to be OP, though.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
http://www.edge-online.com/news/gamescom-diablo-2-lead-brevik-diablo-3s-design

David Brevik, the project, design and programming lead on Diablo and Diablo II, has given us his thoughts on Diablo III, saying that the game's focus on grinding for gold over searching for items "loses a lot of what the game is about".
"I wouldn't have made the same game," he admits. "They did some stuff that I thought was great, that advanced action-RPGs in a lot of ways. I think their story presentation was much better than we'd ever done it; I thought that the [ability to] teleport to other players, to group rapidly [was] really good.

"But I wouldn't have made the same choices that they did for some of the item stuff. The way that they did the skill selection really kind of changed, making it more of a loadout that you would find in a shooter or something.

"I thought that being able to change your build on the fly was almost too flexible. So I felt like that took away from some of the replayability, and the lower level cap [did] also."
"It became more efficient to grind for gold than it did to find items," Brevik tells us. "The point of the game is to find items; if you make the point of the game to grind for gold instead, it really loses a lot of what the game is about.

Ploid 3.0

Oooh, 1.04 looks kinda interesting. Might start farming up some more soon =o.

2 barbs and a monk. I've been using nothing but barb lately. I'm so happy that tornado barb isn't touched, I might even use something other than bash/instigate to build fury if I need it with the other skills being buffed.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
2 barbs and a monk. I've been using nothing but barb lately. I'm so happy that tornado barb isn't touched, I might even use something other than bash/instigate to build fury if I need it with the other skills being buffed.

You don't even really need that now.

scosher

Yeah, that Twister nerf is pretty significant. Blizz is kidding themselves if they think people with high crit aren't going to notice it. As someone who started using it from when I only had 20% crit rate, and now with 40%, there's a huge difference in how the build plays. The nerf to the proc coefficient doesn't just hamper its ability to proc CM, but also AP on crit and Life on hit. It really weakens the build's survivability (which it needs since it's a melee wiz build).

I expected a nerf, but only a 25-30% nerf to its proc rate at most. I'll see how it plays, and in all honesty, it doesn't really affect me as much as other Twister wizards, since I used it mainly to lower the cooldown on Archon. I hope they buff the other Twister runes to compensate.

Ploid 3.0

I think wiz will be fine. The tornadoes were just one of the ways to get crits in. I used explosion/chain reaction, and with meteor being awesome maybe people will go back to it. 6 tornadoes hit so much though, with a lot of mobs around you probably won't realize it.

Radec

Their reasoning forn twister nerf is lol worthy.

"Oh hey we're gonna nerf this skill because theres a legendary (that you wont even afford or get) that will make the CM build better!"

scosher

Their reasoning forn twister nerf is lol worthy.

"Oh hey we're gonna nerf this skill because theres a legendary (that you wont even afford or get) that will make the CM build better!"

It's also hypocritical cause if they're worried about Twister's proc coefficient with certain legendaries, shouldn't they have been worried about WW/Sprint Barbs becoming even more broken with those ridiculous bleed or charm proc legendaries?

Ploid 3.0

Bliz's heart belong to Barb. You can't compare Barb to Wizard. Wait until you see Witch Doctor though. Wizard's notes will look like gold.

"This Witch Doctor patch 1.0.4 notes will be 99.325% about the Horrify, and Mass Confuse spells. We need this space so you understand the reasoning behind our thought process in the changes we made to them."

Zaventem

Bliz's heart belong to Barb. You can't compare Barb to Wizard. Wait until you see Witch Doctor though. Wizard's notes will look like gold.

"This Witch Doctor patch 1.0.4 notes will be 99.325% about the Horrify, and Mass Confuse spells. We need this space so you understand the reasoning behind our thought process in the changes we made to them."

WD is already fucked i think it's the class with the least varation and i hope they actuallyhave a chance to make it right..

alexel

The other thing to consider is that CM Wizard could permafreeze any pack of mobs which made almost any of the affixes completely inconsequential. While I also believe WW Barb is more powerful, we still get fucked up by tons of affixes (invulnerable minions, molten, firechains, ranged mobs in general).

Ploid 3.0

WD is already fucked i think it's the class with the least varation and i hope they actuallyhave a chance to make it right..

I want the WD changes to make me sell all my barb gear to bring my WD back with a huge smile on my face. Pets, make them worth putting on a skill slot.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
we still get fucked up by tons of affixes (invulnerable minions, molten, firechains, ranged mobs in general).

Not really, with enough life on hit, you can dance around all that stuff all day long. Ranged mobs are annoying, but aren't that hard.

Like what I'm reading about 1.04. The artistic touchups are also a welcome addition.

If Blizzard keeps their eye on the ball this game might end up being all that it was cracked up to be, but they still have a good amount of work ahead of them.

Cipherr

Very meh on the whole. Seems like they put in far less effort than they did on the barbs.

This is just true in general. Barbs by far feel like the most fit and form class in the game IMO. So its ok for me to run around with perma run speed because of me keeping my Bers Rage up 100%, and keeping nearly limitless fury from tornados proccing 25 rage, but if a wizard is using tornados to proc critical mass, then the game is broken bro.

SMH. Takes balls nerfing a classes most popular build in this upcoming patch man. They needed to make the game more fun for everyone and take NOTHING away. Sucks that they couldnt manage. Im now much less hype for my DH changes seeing how they just screwed mages. They gut us and left us to rely on a fucking set bonus in order to be viable... the hell could they have in store for us next...

red731

I haven't played in month/s, but looking at that 1.0.4 legendary improv and bullshit striker patch, I will totaly jump in again!

Can't wait!

V_Arnold

Okay, Barbarian preview was great, but the Wizard previes screams "we are not done with this class, give us TIIIIMEEEEE". They decided to talk about something that has been mentioned before by a single line ("other hydras will get buffed"), and they managed to not mention ANY concrete buffs. "We are strengthening the snare potential of Frost Hydra. Arcane Hydra will be great for aoe. Oh god!"

I do not particularly care about the wicked wind nerf. I have been playing with a melee wizard crit build without the energy twister (using the spectral blades and the Explosive Blast instead with the chain reaction), and while it is not as effective, it can operate as well. Energy twister made too much proc and gave too much arcane power as well. With only one moderate AP-regen helm on me, I was almost always on full AP even without AP-buffing passives and with AP-reducing energy shield. That does not scream "proper" to me - with this nerf, sometimes there will be an empty half second or two with that gear. And with more ap/crit stat, not even that.

Anyway, back to the last paragraph: fuck, they really did not show ANY numbers, did they? Beside the halfing of proc coef for Wicked Wind. -.-

Belgorim

Slowly they will get there with this game, I wont be able to resist playing 1.04.

My wizard is still low level, hope they get some nice buffs out there for the class also.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
shielding, fast, molten blood clan occultists make me wanna rip all my hair out. I don't die to them, but killing them takes forfuckingever. :mad:

Are you using overpower? That helps with molten. If possible, train a some trash mobs to the boss to help with fury regen.

party with a monk that uses cyclone strike, or a crit mass wizard.

Zertez

Okay, Barbarian preview was great, but the Wizard previes screams "we are not done with this class, give us TIIIIMEEEEE". They decided to talk about something that has been mentioned before by a single line ("other hydras will get buffed"), and they managed to not mention ANY concrete buffs. "We are strengthening the snare potential of Frost Hydra. Arcane Hydra will be great for aoe. Oh god!"
Wizards dont really need that many buffs, just a tweak in a few areas. They are one of the most polished classes in the game, that isnt saying a lot, but still Wizards have a lot of useful skills/builds. Im sure the majority of the resources are going into Witch Doctors and the rest into Monk help. Play a Witch Doctor for awhile and you will see how much further along every other class is. It seems Witch Doctor is the last preview they plan to write up, so guess we have to wait longer to see what changes they have in mind. It doesnt appear they are listening to the community, so the changes they have planned will probably be slight buffs to pets, buff to haunt, cc spells and zero help with mana concerns. I think if they dont address mana issues with Witch Doctors, Im done till they do fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom