• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

Here's a screenshot.

6GdNlcc.jpg

LOL That's cool as hell.

zulfate

Got this for the xbox360 im playing a monk, only level 10 add me as i need friends for xbox live add zulfata

I hope to god i can somehow transfer this account to a ps4 because i dont want to triple dip @_@

Daigoro

there is no way you are going to be able to transfer a save to ps4 from 360.

come on now.

I must be blind. I know that there's supposed to be lots of tearing, but I'm not noticing any (I'm playing it on PS3). Of course, the action is frantic enough most of the time that my brain is probably completely tuning out the graphical issues and concentrating on bashing stuff.

I do see the occasional hiccup, where everything seems to freeze for a small fraction of a second. I get one maybe once every 15-20 minutes, usually when a legendary or pack monster shows up on the screen. It's only mildly annoying, but it happens.
don't sweat it. I'm probably more sensitive than a lot of people when it comes to tearing. it's not horrible either, but I noticed enough times in the first 20 minutes to mention it.

its a good thing if you aren't seeing it!

this game is fucking fun! having a blast so far. Gotta go to bed now. can't wait to play all damn day tomorrow.

Loginius

What graphical downgrades? You mean the resolution only, right? Because the DF analysis mentioned that everything else is on 'High' settings.
Nah, there are effects missing for things like slow or the tarr in the desert etc. as well as the lower resolution, some backgrounds have been changed (because of the new camera I guess) and shadow resolution seems to be lower than on max pc settings.
Also many textures are lower res than on the pc version and the framerate goes crazy sometimes (quite a bit of tearing as well).
Dont know what DF was smoking but Diablo 3 on PC looks notably better if you playwith hardwareclass 4+.

The console Version is supperior in many ways, but certainly not in the graphics department (which no one expected anyway).

To be honest I think blizzard could have done way better, the game runs bad on anything including pc (if you dont go through a few steps that might or might not fix misterious stuttering...) while not even looking all that hot.

zulfate

there is no way you are going to be able to transfer a save to ps4 from 360.

come on now.

You and me both know they can. I guess if Sony pays for the feature it will exclusive. There is also no reason these games cant all play on the same server atleast the console ones.

Diablo 3 for PC = Piece of Shit!
Diablo 3 for consoles = Holy grail of gaming!

What changed? Is the game really THAT good?
There are a lot of changes. Its not a direct port by any means.

It plays different with direct control, loot is handled differently, no single player lag, crafting and vendors are more useful, there are more NPCs with more to say, changed enemy behaviors and seemingly status effects too.

Its what day one Diablo 3 should have been imho.

And look, people in this thread are talking about how much fun they're having with the game instead of a million pictures asking for sell prices on the auction house. That's a huge difference right there.

Disclaimer: My biases have always been pro-controller, anti-auction house. Nor will I ever believe the game *starts* at Inferno.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
My post was in jest, but I would hope that all of the features that make the console version superior to the PC will be carried over to the PC when that is released.

Otherwise I'm not even buying that expansion, despite loving Diablo III.

Hey! Listen!

Get the PS3 version.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
No legs in 2 hours? What's going on?!
Actually I stopped updating the thread :lol got one legendary today (#13), an amulet.

Nightmare (Hard) act 2 is fun so far!

molnizzle

Hardcore mode questions!

Is there any benefit to playing Hardcore? I never really messed with it on PC. Is it just for prestige/bragging rights, or is there better loot?

I assume that Paragon levels will be shared with HC characters as well, right? Considering that the stash is indeed shared between HC and softies.

Is grouping still segregated, or can HC play online with softies? I've been playing my HC Barb online, but I haven't figured out how to "examine" my teammates to determine whether they are HC or not.

Raide

Hardcore mode questions!

Is there any benefit to playing Hardcore? I never really messed with it on PC. Is it just for prestige/bragging rights, or is there better loot?

I assume that Paragon levels will be shared with HC characters as well, right? Considering that the stash is indeed shared between HC and softies.

Is grouping still segregated, or can HC play online with softies? I've been playing my HC Barb online, but I haven't figured out how to "examine" my teammates to determine whether they are HC or not.

The PC version had banners and probably achievements for HC mode. No real difference apart from One Life Only.

On PC the HC players were split from the softcore players. Not 100% sure if this is the same for Consoles.

I think you can examine their banner for details about them.

molnizzle

Yeah I knew the HC characters were separated from softcore on PC -- but the HC stash and blacksmith was separated too, whereas here they're not. I leveled my blacksmith to 2 on my softcore DH, then rolled a HC barb. Wen I unlocked the blacksmith level 2, and I had access to all the stuff I stashed from my DH! Makes me think that the players might be able to mix as well.

If so, fuck HC after I hit 30 lol. There's no more system-level achievements after that.

Jack_AG

Banned
I've noticed tearing twice throughout the entire act 1 on ps3. It's been overblown as usual.
Mine tears about 75% of the frames. The whole damn screen is torn top, bottom, middle almost constantly. I'd rather have 30fps than this garbage.

DSmalls84

Made it to Act 2 normal so far. Only one legendary has dropped but it did roll my classes primary stat and was an upgrade. In general pretty much 90% of the stuff I find is relevant to my class. Seems like a big improvement from pc.

Lord Phol

Okey so finally got my hands on this! (PS3-version)

First Impressions

- Not as good looking as PC-version, but runs pretty well and looks ok
- Lots of magical find on (early) gear
- Plays great with controller!
- UI looks good but takes a bit of effort to navigate
- Some spells doesn't show damage (Witch Doctor's - Grasp of the Dead)
- The new zoomed in view makes it more obvious that this game isn't the prettiest, animation can look a bit wonky (perhaps something to think about for the PS4-version).
- Game is fun so far, can't wait to try co-op!

Curious about

- How gold works in local co-op
- Menus and navigating them in local co-op

Extras

- The PS3 exclusive Journey item (legendary shoulders) has some minor different visuals between the heroes
- Every time you make a new character you get a set of pre-order items, which means unlimited cloud and smoke dye.

I was playing for awhile before realizing that skills were unlocking at certain levels instead of through point allocation. Is this normal or do I have an option selected somewhere that I'm not aware of? I've never played the PC version, but I'm sure I've seen skill tree images.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
How are the loading times on the PS3? The PC version has a problem with loading assets for the first time which is fixed by installing SSD. I imagine PS3 users with SSDs would get the same improvement if they haven't addressed the underlying problem in this version.

Dahbomb

I was playing for awhile before realizing that skills were unlocking at certain levels instead of through point allocation. Is this normal or do I have an option selected somewhere that I'm not aware of? I've never played the PC version, but I'm sure I've seen skill tree images.
Skills are unlocked automatically and you can change to whatever skill you want at any time but you can only use 6 active at one time. There is no skill tree in this game.

kilongs

Diablo 3 does not have skill trees like Diablo 1 & 2

Jrmint

Abilities unlock automatically as you level up, and you can switch them out as much as you like.

theytookourjobz

Finished normal at level 31. Took probably 7 or 8 hours just rushing through. Kept the Infernal Helm on the whole time to level faster. My monk had about 1k dps and 5k health by the end. 5 legendaries, two of which I'm still using. Game runs fine on PS3 and load times are negligible (PSN version). If anyone wants to group for Nightmare, add me : theytookourjobz

d0c_zaius

Get your console checked

Yeah, not seeing tearing anywhere near those levels. I only notice it maybe 5% of the time.

PS3 digital version here.

I've been playing ps3 version and it definitely tears that much DURING some environments (heavy with transparencies).

Not noticing it (or caring) is definitely not the same as it not happening. When in doubt just bring up your map and move it around and it will tear a good amount of the time.

It's not bad enough to be a dealbreaker but I would have definitely used a v-sync toggle to sacrifice the frame rate.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Not noticing it (or caring) is definitely not the same as it not happening.
Definitely, but its truly a matter of not noticing than not caring. It may be tearing twice as much but I'm literally missing it because there's enough action on the screen that it isn't impinging on things. But 75% of frames? I'd notice and be upset with that - but I haven't seen it.

molnizzle

omg, lol

Never mind about HC stash and blacksmith being shared with softcore. I fucked up; I guess I didn't make that barb HC after all. It's exactly the same as PC. Totally segregated player base with separate stash and smith.

GG

foladar

I think I saw like 2 or 3 legendaries drop total over the 500+ hours I played D3 on PC. I wasn't going to get this but reading this thread is making me seriously consider going ahead and grabbing it

It's a solid game, wrapped up inferno today myself on about 25 hours. 10 legendary in normal and 16 thus far in inferno. density might be an issue with farming, seems act 3 works.

also got a skorn with 1476 dps

Okey so finally got my hands on this! (PS3-version)

Curious about

- How gold works in local co-op
- Menus and navigating them in local co-op

- Gold isn't shared - whoever grabs it first, gets it.

- Game pauses while one player does their thing.

My wife and I played around 4 hours last night. For menu stuff, we just took turns whenever we needed to sell/equip/whatever. Doesn't seem like much of an issue.

My only complaint (so far?) is when playing online, other players (I'm assuming former PC players) were mashing X through any dialogue that comes up, so we're missing out on the story. But whatever, it's all about the loot anways.

Saganator

I only notice tearing when my character is changing elevation, like going up/down on stairs. Not enough to bother me, I've seen way worse. I'm playing on ps3.

For those who want to remap your buttons, go into options and turn on elective mode.

Loving my barb. Played one on the PC version, but on the console it just seems so much more satisfying.

Yoshichan

d0c_zaius

Definitely, but its truly a matter of not noticing than not caring. It may be tearing twice as much but I'm literally missing it because there's enough action on the screen that it isn't impinging on things. But 75% of frames? I'd notice and be upset with that - but I haven't seen it.

yea that does seem like an extreme amount. For the most of the game (up to end of act 2 right now), some areas have had no tearing at all while others where shaking trying to fix itself.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
- Every time you make a new character you get a set of pre-order items, which means unlimited cloud and smoke dye.

If it's like the PC CE dye then you can use the same bottle as many times as you want. But yeah each character gets their own.

Digital Foundry said:
To cut to the chase, the chief disappointment with Diablo 3 is undoubtedly the tearing, with both platforms caving in to full-screen tears whenever the screen clutters up with area-of-effect attacks and flying rag-doll enemies. Much like the aliasing issue, this can be difficult to catch by eye given the general gloom of Diablo's aesthetic early on. But even so, this manifests as an intrusive wobbling effect as we run uncontested through even simple woodland areas. Put into comparison, during our video test comprised of battling the 360 tears 24.1 per cent of its frames overall, while the PS3 turns in an average of 32.7 per cent torn frames during the very same scenarios.
(full article)

I do notice the "wobbling" more often, but the tearing not nearly as much.

just started it on hard
you can just resurrect so whats the penalty
i had zero potions and i kept playing playing for about an hour

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
just started it on hard
you can just resurrect so whats the penalty
i had zero potions and i kept playing playing for about an hour

Armor repair, which is stupid cheap even at high levels with the best gear. As in thousands when you 'll have millions. Unless they changed it for console death is not a deterrent, you don't even lose valor stacks.

Hardcore if you want permadeath.

Top Bottom