• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogdud

The best looking helm (visage of guya?). Kinda reminds me of gronnstalker back in WoW.

DlrmETN.jpg

It's a damn shame the witch doctor body model is so horrible. A hunched over old dude with a giant pot-belly that makes every armor look like trash. Every pair of pants looks like he's wearing depends... What were they thinking?

So nice to get a legendary weapon only to try 14 times in a row for a socket and not get one....

May as well salvage it...

Yeah, Cull of the Weak + Wolf + Ambush is pretty legit.

Are there better ways to slow than entangling shot? 2 enemies at a time is pretty weak.

Starting to miss my wizard. Demon Hunters are delicate flowers. Also, since i don't have a cindercoat, cluster arrow drains hatred so fast. 3 shots and I'm out. And the primary attacks are garbage for clearing trash.

Totakeke

So nice to get a legendary weapon only to try 14 times in a row for a socket and not get one....

Are there better ways to slow than entangling shot? 2 enemies at a time is pretty weak.

Starting to miss my wizard. Demon Hunters are delicate flowers. Also, since i don't have a cindercoat, cluster arrow drains hatred so fast. 3 shots and I'm out. And the primary attacks are garbage for clearing trash.

I would say get a Kridershot but you'll probably spend time seething not getting one. :p Frost Arrow is amazing.

I would say get a Kridershot but you'll probably spend time seething not getting one. :p Frost Arrow is amazing.

Not sure how to "get a kridershot." Just gotta use what the game gives me.

I got a Danetta's Revenge for now. DPS is a lot better than the rare I was using but.... no socket....

Boogdud

So does anyone know if legendary crafting mats count against the 'legendary per hour'? Because if so, eff that noise. They should let us salvage this garbage.

alife

Frost arrows work well. Before I got my Cindercoat, it was a lot of kiting. Now it's just less. I tend to tag multiple enemies so I see pairs of enemies chained together. Vault back a little bit and unload a few Cluster Arrows, then replenish Hatred, Vault away and kite, Cluster Arrows.

I've seen a few other viable builds other than CA. I just enjoy the style of it and the damage is a plus. Sentry build is fun too. Idk how good it is now after the Sharpshooter nerf.

Dahbomb

Welcome to the struggle of DH.

DH has Caltrops for some crowd control. Those have a Rune that root too. I think they have a passive that roots enemies as well (Thrill of the Hunt). If you get a Kridershot then you can use Cold Shots as your Primary for the slows.

They have a bunch of slows and crowd control but its hard to fit in a burst DPS line up. Not as versatile as Wizards in that regard.

End game they have a Legendary that lures mobs to Spike Traps. Pretty much makes regular enemies a joke.

I personally use Smoke Screen for my defense. I just kite and unload Cluster Arrows. If they don't die, Prep for more Hatred, unload some more. I always try to have enough Discipline for a clutch Smoke Screen. It breaks stuff like Jailer which is a real pain in the ass for DH. Vault would be be better if it wasn't on a delay and wasn't so awkward to use sometimes.

Lethal

Neo Member
Any monks successfully stacking health globe bonus for lpss? I was up to 95,000 but it didn't really seem all that helpful. Dropped down a bit now. I cant prioritize it over other stats when I feel it doesnt actually benefit me.

Dahbomb

Any monks successfully stacking health globe bonus for lpss? I was up to 95,000 but it didn't really seem all that helpful. Dropped down a bit now. I cant prioritize it over other stats when I feel it doesnt actually benefit me.
You are using Transcendence and Mantra of Healing right?

You don't need to prioritize stats for it as it's a secondary affix. Monks want secondary resist and health globe bonus on gear (where available). It works out kinda nice. How much is your vitality?

scy

When did we do a 5 elite pull?

Also, best Wizard set item drop ever, right?

I think the "worst" of the night was maybe 4? That or the Rift boss + 2 packs? I dunno.

I just like pulling all the packs I can.

If you are talking about the safety net, there was a blue post saying plans don't reset the timer and don't count as a legendary drop.

Post-RoS? I was aware of that before RoS but was under the assumption it had changed.

I know what to do with that.

You equip it on your DH and don't waste any resources on it. It's damn near perfect.

I mean, I'd probably roll the DEX to Crit Damage as it's a bigger damage gain there :x If we're going to min/max it all lol

Totakeke

:O :O :O

6pc bonus (5pc + ring) Akkhan is awesome.

Now just to need to find the best skills to use with this before I mystic them around.

Baliis

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/scrapz-1142/Scrappe/41238273

This is the #1 Monk in the world for sheet DPS.. surely there's plenty of room for improvement in this gear? He's wearing a damn Zunimassa's Trail. Is that because of the % to poison damage affecting black weapons?

Also, he appears not to have any spirit builders.

He also has 0 elemental and elite damage which makes his sheet DPS not really mean much. He'd just padding his number, but that setup would be significantly less than a properly geared character.

joesmokey

Oh man, advice on which one to use?

I have always been using TF, but I just found a Shard of Hate.

I am running a full lightning build, so basically everything I am doing is proccing Shard of Hate. It can also do quite a lot of damage when it hits my debuffs (since it scales with +elemental gear).

After opening a ton of caches on my 70 Monk and getting nothing, I decided to level my crusader a bit and do some bounties. The first two caches that I got had a leg drop. I've used up all of my luck forever on some level 30 legs. :/

Totakeke

Hmm, AC Rally with Akkhan's set is kind of conflicting. The best skills to trigger rally are wrath generators, but they don't really do that much damage. Fast 1h also helps to trigger rally more often. However the Akkhan's set also gives you half wrath cost and increased wrath generation which means you'll be forfeiting the other bonus if all you do is use it on wrath generators to trigger rally. Of course, if you use wrath spenders, then you won't trigger rally as much. It is possible to go through several cycles of spells with 10-20s cd on AC Rally if you use 1h on wrath generators, though it's still not enough to make bombardment anywhere near a spammable skill. The CD skills also don't trigger rally enough to matter. Maybe Fate of the Fell or Blade of Prophecy would change that? Wish I had those to test with. :p

Akarat's Awakening does reduce AC's cd, but it's only significant if you're getting hit often.

nbraun80

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/scrapz-1142/Scrappe/41238273

This is the #1 Monk in the world for sheet DPS.. surely there's plenty of room for improvement in this gear? He's wearing a damn Zunimassa's Trail. Is that because of the % to poison damage affecting black weapons?

Also, he appears not to have any spirit builders.

he's got to be just doing that to be #1, dude has 900k toughness, 66k life and 359 resistance. No way that's viable, just looks cool.

Artanisix

?

You can use Provoke/Charged Up, the Heaven's Fury with the DoT, and a multitude of Fist of Heavens runes to extensively proc rally. You don't need to bother with wrath generators at all.

scy

I would say this is the #1 monk. Elemental DPS is what matters :p

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/jahnin-2897/jahniN/7301779

If we want to be technical, stacking all the multiplicative effects is the best way to get max DPS.

Hmm, AC Rally with Akkhan's set is kind of conflicting. The best skills to trigger rally are wrath generators, but they don't really do that much damage. Fast 1h also helps to trigger rally more often. However the Akkhan's set also gives you half wrath cost and increased wrath generation which means you'll be forfeiting the other bonus if all you do is use it on wrath generators to trigger rally. Of course, if you use wrath spenders, then you won't trigger rally as much. It is possible to go through several cycles of spells with 10-20s cd on AC Rally if you use 1h on wrath generators, though it's still not enough to make bombardment anywhere near a spammable skill. The CD skills also don't trigger rally enough to matter. Maybe Fate of the Fell or Blade of Prophecy would change that? Wish I had those to test with. :p

Akarat's Awakening does reduce AC's cd, but it's only significant if you're getting hit often.

I think it's usually FotH and some amount of Wrath Regen + Provoke here for maximum Rally triggers. Hell, might not even need the Regen with Provoke being almost always up.

Totakeke

?

You can use Provoke/Charged Up, the Heaven's Fury with the DoT, and a multitude of Fist of Heavens runes to extensively proc rally. You don't need to bother with wrath generators at all.

Heaven's Fury has really low proc coefficient. Provoke - Charged Up does not trigger rally.

Hey guys, really really stupid question incoming:

What is the point of elemental damage on a weapon? If all of your moves use their element, when would the weapon's element come into play?

Also I'm not going to lie, I think I enjoyed the simpler gearing of the console version, where the damage number actually meant something.

Totakeke

I think it's usually FotH and some amount of Wrath Regen + Provoke here for maximum Rally triggers. Hell, might not even need the Regen with Provoke being almost always up.

Seems like it right now, but I'm kinda disappointed that what I'm already using is still the best option. :p

Darklight + FotH (Fissure) or (Divine Well) get STUPID nuts with rally procs.

Oh yeah darklight, I'll test it more later. But again FotH doesn't really proc often. Blessed Shield: Shattering Throw with Jekangboard seems to be a far more effective skill to proc rally, especially in large groups. But still none of those can compare to how much a wrath generator like Justice - Burst can proc rally.

grimmiq

Picked up a Magefist from Kadala just now, any suggestions on what to reroll? I've been swapping between a few Monk builds and feel most comfortable with Fire, so this is a decent start.
Magefist_zps6a52cf5c.png

Hwo the fuck do people keep getting trifecta magefists. The only magefists I ever found had INT + VIT + 2 completely useless stats. Jesus.

Anyway, this weapon is kinda neat.

dILzrFD.png

The rune it grants is the one that stuns enemies when you vault over them. I had 1 elite mob all by itself and I just kept vaulting back and forth chain stunning it while my 3 wolves ate it to death.

Gonna be hard to replace that armor. 3 wolves are helpful.

EDIT: ROFL. Chain stun works against rift bosses too.

kafiend

Hwo the fuck do people keep getting trifecta magefists. The only magefists I ever found had INT + VIT + 2 completely useless stats. Jesus.

Anyway, this weapon is kinda neat.

The rune it grants is the one that stuns enemies when you vault over them. I had 1 elite mob all by itself and I just kept vaulting back and forth chain stunning it while my 3 wolves ate it to death.

Gonna be hard to replace that armor. 3 wolves are helpful.

EDIT: ROFL. Chain stun works against rift bosses too.

I been using that one with its partner crossbow that leaves behind a clone of yourself for just un-stunned enemies to uselessly slap at. Also the change of Vault cost to hatred is brilliant for movement speed.

The crystal cost for rerolling legendary armor is absolutely absurd. 40 for pants, 50 for chest. Considering these HAVE to have sockets to work.

I thought I had a lot saved up when I hit 350. All gone trying to add sockets to chest armor in the blink of an eye....

Kyoufu

The crystal cost for rerolling legendary armor is absolutely absurd. 40 for pants, 50 for chest. Considering these HAVE to have sockets to work.

I thought I had a lot saved up when I hit 350. All gone trying to add sockets to chest armor in the blink of an eye....

I have like 2000 and then some. Just salvage everything you get, including Kadala's crap.

Not as bad as forgotten souls. I'm constantly thirsty on forgotten souls.

cdyhybrid

I have over 1000 of each material and I'm still salvaging shit. Of course, I plan on crafting a set of gear for 3 more characters once I get the last 3 classes to 70.

I have like 2000 and then some. Just salvage everything you get, including Kadala's crap.

I do but I have the worst RNG luck in Diablo 3. I'm convinced of it. I'd burn through 2000 just trying to get sockets on this armor...

Also, 1000 shards into chest armor with out a legendary. Cindercoat is never going to happen for me.

greenfish

Banned
I do but I have the worst RNG luck in Diablo 3. I'm convinced of it. I'd burn through 2000 just trying to get sockets on this armor...

Also, 1000 shards into chest armor with out a legendary. Cindercoat is never going to happen for me.

Why would you get a legendary for using 1000 shards?

Which one do you think net you the best chance of getting a leg through gambling:

1000 shards
10000 shards

?

I've gotten 2 cindercoats off the gambler, but I didn't belive at a fixed number would work. I've put in thousands of shards.

Here's my crusader build:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/greenfish-2554/hero/40954287
No wrath generator at all

I'm not using fires of heaven due to how pathetic the animation looks like :p
(the sound/animation looks like he's farting)

Oh and wow to blizzard, they actually suspended my forum account for 5 days for using the f word in chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom