• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baliis

Why would you get a legendary for using 1000 shards?

Which one do you think net you the best chance of getting a leg through gambling:

1000 shards
10000 shards

?

I've gotten 2 cindercoats off the gambler, but I didn't belive at a fixed number would work. I've put in thousands of shards.

Probably because 1000 shards with no leg is pretty shitty luck, I usually get 5-6 rings in that many shards.

greenfish

Banned
Probably because 1000 shards with no leg is pretty shitty luck, I usually get 5-6 rings in that many shards.

You get 5-6 leg rings with <1000 shards? Then something is broken on their system, that's not rng, that's a fixed number. Because you said "usually" and 5-6 rings on 1k shards.

I've put in 2000 shards yesterday and I got 1 ring.

The Cowboy

Also, 1000 shards into chest armor with out a legendary. Cindercoat is never going to happen for me.
I got 1 after god knows how many shards but luckily i got the 3 sockets on the 1st enchant roll, though I'm not sure if I'm happy about the rolls on it, they're all around the lowest they could be (i removed LPH for the sockets).
O5JnleE.png

Baliis

You get 5-6 leg rings with <1000 shards? Then something is broken on their system, that's not rng, that's a fixed number. Because you said "usually" and 5-6 rings on 1k shards.

I've put in 2000 shards yesterday and I got 1 ring.

I'm more surprised now if I dump 500 shards and don't get a ring at all, and getting 2 or 3 doesn't even faze me. That's just 2 days on the right, almost all from kadala. A couple are drops, but I also have a couple unitys that are on followers/on me now that aren't in the pic.

Then you've won the kadela lottery over and over

the average for most people is about 1 leg per 500 shards when buying 5 shard items
rings cost 20 so you should get a lot less than that even if the ring droprate is higher to account for a higher cost (in which case what'd be the point of the higher cost?)

Baliis

Then you've won the kadela lottery over and over

the average for most people is about 1 leg per 500 shards when buying 5 shard items
rings cost 20 so you should get a lot less than that even if the ring droprate is higher to account for a higher cost (in which case what'd be the point of the higher cost?)

Rings are 10, but I consistently get far more than 1 per 500. I've only spent maybe 10000 of my 34k shards on rings over the past few days on rings, and the 28 there are just from today and yesterday, I probably had another 15 more that I've already salvaged. Woulda kept them as well, but I figured I'd have an SoJ by now :(

That said, as many people will attest, I'm pretty consistently lucky with drops as is, so who knows.

Cynar

Rings are 10, but I consistently get far more than 1 per 500. I've only spent maybe 10000 of my 34k shards on rings over the past few days on rings, and the 28 there are just from today and yesterday, I probably had another 15 more that I've already salvaged. Woulda kept them as well, but I figured I'd have an SoJ by now :(

That said, as many people will attest, I'm pretty consistently lucky with drops as is, so who knows.
I get a lot less than you but my luck seems pretty bad. Kadala is a harsh mistress.

greenfish

Banned

I'm more surprised now if I dump 500 shards and don't get a ring at all, and getting 2 or 3 doesn't even faze me. That's just 2 days on the right, almost all from kadala. A couple are drops, but I also have a couple unitys that are on followers/on me now that aren't in the pic.

wow

color me suprised

When you roll these "streaks" is it always in a group or do you get the same results solo as well?

Nice set of leg rings you got there :)

Baliis

wow

color me suprised

When you roll these "streaks" is it always in a group or do you get the same results solo as well?

Nice set of leg rings you got there :)

I've been just doing rift bosses mostly then blowing the shards in solo games. I've not noticed too much pattern in the rings I get. A couple (the litanys and whatever the 2 blue ones on the left are, can't remember) I got back to back, like literally one purchase after the other which surprised me a bit, but usually it's pretty varied when I get them.

I wonder if rings do have a higher chance though. I feel like I get more ring drops than any other slot. I wonder if they have a higher rate since we need two of them and there are so many or something.

It's a damn shame the witch doctor body model is so horrible. A hunched over old dude with a giant pot-belly that makes every armor look like trash. Every pair of pants looks like he's wearing depends... What were they thinking?

I think it's great, WD is my favorite class and I love how he/she looks, not everyone has to be beautiful.

He's also such a bro when he talks with anyone.

Zemm

demon hunters are so fucking boring, my word. Why did I ever level one from 60 to 70? Back to Monk, WD or Mage I go.

scoobs

demon hunters are so fucking boring, my word. Why did I ever level one from 60 to 70? Back to Monk, WD or Mage I go.
Ya their hatred builders are all so unimaginative/interesting, and cluster arrow is the only spender worth using. Class needs a reworking

Donno about int classes but dex and strength classes play styles are nearly identical. Spam resource generators then spam resource spenders until it's empty, then repeat.

Maledict

Wizards are a bit odd because they get to spam their resource consumers a lot more than anyone else, and with the right gear will spend almost all of a boss fight just spamming their consumers.

As someone earlier said, wizards consumers are costed the opposite of how you would think given their resource. Arcane power is a 'small amount, regenerates fast' ability which would imply their abilities cost a lot and you regen fast to use them. Instead they are the cheapest of all classes.

(Also bearing in mind the int classes don't actually get any resources from their primary attacks - their resources regen automatically and their primary moves just don't cost anything. You can trait them to regen your resource more, but it's not like the des and strength classes where primary attacks building your resource is the fundamental gameplay mechanic).

It's a damn shame the witch doctor body model is so horrible. A hunched over old dude with a giant pot-belly that makes every armor look like trash. Every pair of pants looks like he's wearing depends... What were they thinking?
I think it's design and playstyle gives them enough space to bring in a real necromancer for the next expansion.

Kyoufu

90% of my drops in the past couple of days have been belts. Blizzard pls.

Spent 2k shards on chest pieces. Result? A bunch of Tyraels Might. :(

ElyrionX

90% of my drops in the past couple of days have been belts. Blizzard pls.

Spent 2k shards on chest pieces. Result? A bunch of Tyraels Might. :(

I have two of those. They are useless. They really need to raise the cap on movement speed bonus.

Also, apart from Cindercoat and sets, are there any other chest armour worth looking for?

I found the Firebird shoulders the other day and these are probably the only aethestically pleasing shoulders available to the wiz. It looks absolutely fantastic especially when dyed to black. Too bad the set is so shit.

ElyrionX

I've been just doing rift bosses mostly then blowing the shards in solo games. I've not noticed too much pattern in the rings I get. A couple (the litanys and whatever the 2 blue ones on the left are, can't remember) I got back to back, like literally one purchase after the other which surprised me a bit, but usually it's pretty varied when I get them.

I wonder if rings do have a higher chance though. I feel like I get more ring drops than any other slot. I wonder if they have a higher rate since we need two of them and there are so many or something.

Rings definitely seem to drop a lot for me too. Maybe even as much as bracers.

joesmokey

Well guys, I don't know what I did to deserve this, but yesterday's loot haul is one for the record books.

I got 4 best-in-slot items to drop:

Unfortunately you can only equip one SoJ at a time (tragic, I know). Looks like the cold one gets to stay in the bank.

My wizard can now do a full T1 rift boss clear in 10 minutes or less every time, regardless of the map types.

Well guys, I don't know what I did to deserve this, but yesterday's loot haul is one for the record books.

Unfortunately you can only equip one SoJ at a time (tragic, I know). Looks like the cold one gets to stay in the bank.

My wizard can now do a full T1 rift boss clear in 10 minutes or less every time, regardless of the map types.
Game over! GG

greenfish

Banned

So play T2,T3, T4, T5, T6?

This is weird, you said litanys, those are the rings i'm after but they never seem to drop for me. Instead I get clones of every other legendary. I rather they'd have a system if a clone leg drops it doesn't drop at all. I'm getting tired of owning 8x tyral might, 15 maximus, 12 blackcoat set etc.

Yes I also belive rings have a higher chance to drop compared to other items. I've seen 2 SOJ drop but they both had horrendous stats, yet my friends are getting great stats.

I think there's a ladder on the RNG, after shit leg you get moderate, then better etc

Nokterian

Witch Doctor is becoming my favorite. After playing a lot of hours on my wizard i have back to my WD i have played since vanilla. Also i love the variety they have with the proper gear you can steam roll through T1. Like i do now with Mask of Jeram and Cindercoat for example.

Kyoufu

I think I'm going to take a break for a while. All I've gotten is a bunch of trash weapons and belts and no set items which has killed my desire to play for the time being. Just feel like I'm wasting my time at this point.

Hopefully they roll out some decent updates soon.

RivalCore

I think I'm going to take a break for a while. All I've gotten is a bunch of trash weapons and belts and no set items which has killed my desire to play for the time being. Just feel like I'm wasting my time at this point.

I'm starting to feel the fatigue of grinding and grinding without any reward. Funnily enough, since I've gotten up to T3 farms it seems and feels like I'm getting less drops. Can't scientifically prove anything, but I've been getting the same legendarys, not even a single class set drop and the only thing that could really change up my Monk right now is weapons.

It's to be expected, but still. Interest is waning. I really need to level up some different classes.

So I noticed that public games split bounties degenerated (evolved?) into just Act 1 bounties then quitting, joining another gamer, everybody do Act 1 missions get the cache, quit, rinse and repeat.
Any reason for this, it's it faster? is it because of the RoG?

GJS

So I noticed that public games split bounties degenerated (evolved?) into just Act 1 bounties then quitting, joining another gamer, everybody do Act 1 missions get the cache, quit, rinse and repeat.

Pretty much, everyone needs that RoRG.

Dahbomb

Everyone wants that God ring.

Ultratech

Man, I had a great streak of getting Legs last night.

Had two instances where I had some drop back to back within about a minute or two.

Sadly, they weren't anything special other than a decent Magefist that I'll have to reroll.

(Funny enough, I got a Thing of the Deep that was only slightly worse than the one I had equipped.)

isny

napkin dispenser
Anyone able to invite to the NA GAF clan?

Isny#1167

Just add me to Bnet and I'll hop on whenever to accept the invite.

The Cowboy

Man, why is it so hard to find a white diabolic wand and the white ascended shield?, it seems like i see every other white item apart from these 2.

mr2t

Banned
This morning I got on and played for the first time in a few days. First game I joined had a rift open and I got a leg as soon as it loaded. Then I got both the Chantodo weapon and source a few minutes later.

traveler

Not Wario
Got a potential issue with Divine Fortress. I was testing the impact of switching to Punish for Hardened Senses and my Provoke rune to Hit Me on the damage of blessed shield this morning- since those skills provide block chance- and I noticed that neither my toughness numbers nor my armor numbers went up. While I didn't think anything of it initially, I did see that my shields were hitting for noticeably more, however, (never had a 20 million shield- or even 19 million- on crit before) so then I tried removing Hold Your Ground. No change in armor, change in shield damage.

Since both blessed shield and divine fortress are worded in the same manner-- both use your block chance to add a % bonus to an attribute, weap dmg for the former and armor for the latter- I'm wondering if this is intended or is, in fact, a bug. If it is a bug, hold your ground/dr using crusaders are missing a pretty substantial amount of armor, even more so if they use any of the other block chance boosting skills. If it's not a bug, I'm wondering it's even worth using divine fortress at all over renewal given that my shield has a base block chance of 19% and I could be benefiting on heals for my actual block chance of 49% with hardened senses up and hyg on or cap when I have provoke up. Is 19% armor better than a near constant stream of heals?

Anyone have any clue on how dr is supposed to function? Is blessed shield actually bugged for benefiting from block?

Discobird

(Shrug) different strokes for different folks, I can't go back to any of my other classes after playing DH. Love the glass cannon, constant stutter stepping, 0-sheet-healing-so-avoid-getting-hit-at-all costs, vaulting all over the battlefield playstyle. I output more damage and die less than anyone else in my usual playing group although I run with about 4M toughness and no source of health regen other than pots and globes.

It's even better now that I found Hexing Pants and get rewarded for good stutter stepping and punished for laziness, haha.

I think it's the mobility that does it for me, no one comes close to DH in that department. I feel so sluggish waiting for Teleport/Spirit Walk/Dashing Strike to recharge. Who wants to walk anywhere?

I'll level my WD to 70 at some point, but I'm miffed they nerfed the duration on Angry Chicken. It was a fun skill to get around. Pet builds don't really appeal to me so I'll have to research alternatives.

traveler

Not Wario
I think it's design and playstyle gives them enough space to bring in a real necromancer for the next expansion.

While I partially agree, I see that as more of a failure on the wd design than them leaving space for another class. The WD just can't compare to the old necro when it comes to full on minion builds.

I don't want the necro back, though. That'd be two expansions in a row where we got new classes for archetypes that were already filled. (Crusader following the monk, and wd following the necro) A druid/nature magic oriented caster/shapeshifter is clearly the missing archetype. It could even fit into the now balanced distribution of primary stats with a dynamic primary stat that changed depending on shapeshifting! (Bear form str primary, werewolf form dex primary, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom