• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I was a lightning barb until my cinder coat drop today. I had a Maximus stored away, took that our, got my Reapers Wrath mats, equipped that and now I'm a fire barb doing more damage and actually having quite a bit of fun...

I remember salvaging a Maximus ... oh well, but i'm not sure if i will ever leave THE LIGHT. I mean i have a Thunderfury and Odyn's Son. Fuck fire, lightning ftw.

What do I even reroll on this bad boy? Also, good Fire Crusader builds?

diabloiii2014-04-2002rfktn.png

gimmmick

Any monk players out there in GAF?

Here is my current monk I been playing since the start of d3.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/scorchy84-1463/hero/974428

The items are work in progress, but I finally found a build I think will get through later part of the game (I'm currently on t3 and can manage decently now).

All items except for the rings , weapons and helm are pretty much set until I trully find something better. (SOJ).

need to get better bracers, shoulders and amy asap. Also when I have the money, need to re roll both rings for Critical damage or chance.

Realyn

I'm running low on Keystones since my clearspeed on t1/t2 has improved so much :/.

Public split a1 groups are such a pain in the ass. I'm not going to complain if someone doesn't know every quest in and out but the people looting every bag one by one, chasing goblins and doing other stupid shit are getting on my nerves.

I'm running low on Keystones since my clearspeed on t1/t2 has improved so much :/.

Public split a1 groups are such a pain in the ass. I'm not going to complain if someone doesn't know every quest in and out but the people looting every bag one by one, chasing goblins and doing other stupid shit are getting on my nerves.

I ignore all elites but if it's a goblin my brain always tells me to kill it, especially since it only takes a few seconds.

Sorry.

Realyn

I ignore all elites but if it's a goblin my brain always tells me to kill it, especially since it only takes a few seconds.

Sorry.

Well like I said, chasing goblins to a point where it takes 10-20 seconds. Sure, if it takes you two right clicks to kill them while moving, why not?

They should just buff the hell out of higher torment bounties. Increase the fragments, increase the Act specific legendaires out of the bounty bags, shards, etc.

Higher Torment games still feel exceedingly unrewarding. More so out of Rifts, but higher Torments in Rifts still aren't where they need to be.

T1 is boring as hell but the most rewarding, which really sucks.

Totakeke

Turns out Kadala gave me something more amazing than what I would have imagined. And now I have a new favourite crusader build.

What's the most amazing part of the flail? It's not the strength, it's not the socket, it's not the +20 max wrath (which are all great), but the increased wrath generation makes this absolutely incredible and the best Fate of the Fell. It enables you to fire cannons that can crit immediately for more than 10mil damage endlessly in 15 seconds. Furthermore this damage is tripled when you're up close especially against bosses. What this gives me is an effective dps of about 40mil on Ghom which is a ton more than what I had previously. And this is just me slapping me on +holy gear with the flail, it's not even optimized and I don't have any +Heaven's Fury on my gear.

How does this work? Heaven's Fury: Fires of Heaven costs 40 wrath, Akarat's Champion with 4pc Armor of Akkhan reduces that to 20 wrath for a period of 20 seconds, and Law of the Valor: Unstoppable Force, reduces that to 10 wrath for a period of 5 seconds (long arm of the law passive seems to not take in rune effects). This is all fairly normal, but what isn't usually considered is the increased wrath generation part of Akarat's Champion, it gives you twice as much wrath generation while it's active. All crusaders have the 2.5 wrath per second base generation, plus the 3.83 from my weapon, which gives me 12.66 wrath per second while AC is up. This essentially pays for most of the wrath usage and enables you to spam those Fires of Heaven by just holding down the button.

Of course, I also have the 6pc Armor of Akkhan bonus and that makes the downtime window much smaller. Still, without it you can still kill bosses very fast and I don't think there's better single target dps from Crusaders than this. Other skills I consider to be important here is the Prophet rune in Akarat's Champion. FoH doesn't really proc much even with constant spam so Rally isn't that good. Prophet gives you additional 150% armor and this lets you go up close for that 3x damage with far less fear of dying at higher torments. This doubles my sheet toughness value plus Akarat's Champion also gives you an extra life, though AC revert's back into base without rune bonus if you do use up that extra life. I haven't found a wrath generator to work with this but I rarely needed it, but again Judgment: Resolved lets me lower my gear requirements significantly and hold enemies in place. Condemn: Vacuum is handy because pulls enemies in, but can also be replaced by Shield Glare.

Got a maximus back shortly after the expansion launched. Almost salvaged it since I used to use it on my a witch doctor before expansion. Would it be worth rolling the int stat to strength w/o a socket for a crusader? If I recall it has about 2.5k in damage. A socket would be nice but I figure it can go without it.

Get in the Rift it Forward community/chat, you invite people to help clear the guardian and in return they pay the way for your next rift.It's a good deal if you are a solo type.

Realyn

Get in the Rift it Forward community/chat, you invite people to help clear the guardian and in return they pay the way for your next rift.It's a good deal if you are a solo type.

Not necessarily the solo type, it's just that I've started playing RoS a week ago because I had nothing else to do. I quit D3 around the time they introduced the paragon system so my friendslist is kinda dead at this point.

What you mentioned sounds good, but won't you get a awkward situation with 3 people standing aroud the obelisk every game?

edit:missed a word

The Cowboy

What you mentioned sounds good, but won't get a awkward situation with 3 people standing aroud the obelisk every game?
Within the community all people are required to be able to open a Rift as soon as the last Rifts quest is finished, as such its generally very fast that a new Rift is opened for you (if your the one running the Rift) with very little down time/waiting.

The way it works is quite simple.
---
Your the Rift runner/clearer.
You start your Rift and get to around 98/99% complete and post in the chat that your at the boss and need x number of people and you want a Rift re-open, x people request an invite and they join you to kill the boss so everyone gets the souls/shards and boss loot. After this you complete the quest and 1 of the x players opens your next Rift and then all invites leave the party. People aren't mean to leave until a new Rift is open and they're required to open it quickly - if someone leaves before the Rift is re-opened without good reason or no one opens one for you, you post in the chat and they get removed from the community/blocked by people in chat.

Your the shard/soul farmer/boss killer.

You follow the community chat and wait for someone to post "Tx Rift @ 98%, need x players and want Rift re-open- request invite", you request an invite and join the game, warp to the player and you all kill the boss and get your loot and warp back to town. The Rift runner (the player who made the Rift) completes the quest and when the Rift closes you or one of the other invited players opens the next Rift for the Rift runner, you then all leave the party - if you or another invited player leaves before the Rift is re-opened or none of you opens one quickly, the Rift runner posts in chat about it and you'll likely get blocked so you can't get more invites.
---
It really works quite well and I've yet to see a single Rift in which your waiting around for the next Rift, i did around 20 last night and got some great drops and a lot of souls/shards.

Azulsky

Damn, just solo'd 20 gobs on a T5 rift. Thank you Conduct Shrine.

Not 1 leg tho :(. Quite dissapointed.

RNGesus is a bitch. I feel that pain

Have seen Goblin rifts that drop nothing when there are dozens and then 3 legs drop wwhen you have 8-10.

Likewise did T1 rifts with 4 man part last night at about 6-8 min pace for 3 hours. I got probably 8 legs the entire time, friend got almost 30, including a damn fine SoJ. Another friend got the Gyrefalcon flail and the 8x blessed shield Shield within 30 minutes of each other.

I just got another pile of Forgotten Souls...

Realyn

Within the community all people are required to be able to open a Rift as soon as the last Rifts quest is finished, as such its generally very fast that a new Rift is opened for you (if your the one running the Rift) with very little down time/waiting.

The way it works is quite simple.
---
Your the Rift runner/clearer.
You start your Rift and get to around 98/99% complete and post in the chat that your at the boss and need x number of people and you want a Rift re-open, x people request an invite and they join you to kill the boss so everyone gets the souls/shards and boss loot. After this you complete the quest and 1 of the x players opens your next Rift and then all invites leave the party. People aren't mean to leave until a new Rift is open and they're required to open it quickly - if someone leaves before the Rift is re-opened without good reason or no one opens one for you, you post in the chat and they get removed from the community/blocked by people in chat.

Your the shard/soul farmer/boss killer.

You follow the community chat and wait for someone to post "Tx Rift @ 98%, need x players and want Rift re-open- request invite", you request an invite and join the game, warp to the player and you all kill the boss and get your loot and warp back to town. The Rift runner (the player who made the Rift) completes the quest and when the Rift closes you or one of the other invited players opens the next Rift for the Rift runner, you then all leave the party - if you or another invited player leaves before the Rift is re-opened or none of you opens one quickly, the Rift runner posts in chat about it and you'll likely get blocked so you can't get more invites.
---
It really works quite well and I've yet to see a single Rift in which your waiting around for the next Rift, i did around 20 last night and got some great drops and a lot of souls/shards.

Thanks for explaining - I was just a bit sceptical about the bolded part and people trying to "outwait" the other two. But I'll sure give it a try! Thanks!

Do we have any wizzards here who can solo T4/5 comfortable? I'm a bit lost.

My profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Realyn-2451/hero/41270256
I also have those items:

I struggled with T3 rifts big time until I figured out the Mirror Image / Black Hole combo. Thanks to Mirror Image I was able to drop Blur and some items to reduce my EHP. As crazy as it sounds - I don't die very much with my 300k hp.

-As far as my hat goes, I'm indecisive on the Mirror Image proc thingy. It doesn't seem to proc all that much. I think I'll go back to the arcane on crit one.

-I don't have enough gold to reroll my RoRG right now. Even if - it would only give me 10% elite reduction from Bblackthrone. Not really what I need right now. The Unity is really amazing! But I'm missing a second one.

-Are there any good Templar weapons/shields?

-Hmm oh yeah for my paragons I chose MS/CC/AR/Area Damage. Crit Damage gets me ~7k or so more dps but meh. If I crit most stuff is dead anyway and I rather have the crit for arcane.

That's all I can think of right now, Anything I could change/improve? What to gamble on? Thanks in advance!

Tarazet

Any monk players out there in GAF?

Here is my current monk I been playing since the start of d3.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/scorchy84-1463/hero/974428

The items are work in progress, but I finally found a build I think will get through later part of the game (I'm currently on t3 and can manage decently now).

All items except for the rings , weapons and helm are pretty much set until I trully find something better. (SOJ).

need to get better bracers, shoulders and amy asap. Also when I have the money, need to re roll both rings for Critical damage or chance.

The Leoric's is fine, and the Ring of Royal Grandeur is giving you two extra set bonuses so I'd forgive the EHP stat on it especially since you're running T3.

Personally, I just went glass cannon so that I blow things up very efficiently on T1. I have a no-fat build with DPS stats almost wherever they are possible, and the result is 1.2M self buffed DPS but only around 5M toughness. Even so, I give my buddy's DH a run for his money, and because I use Mantra of Retribution - Transgression it really makes for giddy awesome fun for everyone.

I'm not sure why you have pieces with CDR on them, but aren't using Epiphany. That would seem to me like a no-brainer. I could understand using it purely for survival on Hardcore, but you're missing out on a possibility there.

DrAg0nBoY

So I got yesterday to lvl 70 and got still crappy items. I would just like to know something:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DrAg0nBoY-2687/hero/38141377

Should I put on the Ring of Royal Grandeur that I have put on to the Scoundrel? And my bracers. Should I make the Reaper's Wraps or are those bracers good?

Everything else, well. I am playing on Hard, because I got nowhere on Expert and don't even want to try to play on Master. So any advice is good :).

Nete

How high can the wrath generation roll? I'd like to try a Fires of Heaven build, but I don't think I'll ever complete the Akkhan set. :lol

Up to 4w/s in 2h flails. Thats actually the worst roll on the weapon tho :p, as the minimum is 3.7. But has perfect roll on max wrath, almost perfect on damage (1439-1788 would be the max) and a good enough +strenght.

You don't really need full Akkhan set to mess around with a Fires of Heaven build tho, but you will need to stack some decent CDR and Law of Valor/Unstoppable Force as a must. It just won't let you do T6 without the full set :p

huxley00

I remember salvaging a Maximus ... oh well, but i'm not sure if i will ever leave THE LIGHT. I mean i have a Thunderfury and Odyn's Son. Fuck fire, lightning ftw.
Man, I almost almost salvaged it, I have no idea why I kept it as I thought it was a garbage summon weapon. I think I kept it around just to see the summon, never knowing about the chain link fire effect. My damage is a some better, nothing crazy I guess I was more happy to just have a different play style for once.

Tarazet

So I got yesterday to lvl 70 and got still crappy items. I would just like to know something:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DrAg0nBoY-2687/hero/38141377

Should I put on the Ring of Royal Grandeur that I have put on to the Scoundrel? And my bracers. Should I make the Reaper's Wraps or are those bracers good?

Everything else, well. I am playing on Hard, because I got nowhere on Expert and don't even want to try to play on Master. So any advice is good :).

Actually, since you have a 2-hander and almost no Attack Speed on your gear, you've unwittingly made yourself a great case for a Tempest Rush build. The channeling ticks slower the less IAS you have, so you don't need as much spirit regen to keep up. The bracers are fine.. there are other pieces that need help more badly, like the hat with no CHC and the pants which are perfect candidates to reroll for 2 sockets.

If you want to be more effective in the build you've chosen, you'll want some fast one-handers. Even good rares will do.. I have a rare sword that rolled 2150 DPS, Dex and a socket. A couple of weapons in that ballpark would boost your damage astronomically.

Is it still possible to get all the materials to craft The Staff of Herding? I read somewhere one part of it was bugged but now I can't find where I read it.

DrAg0nBoY

My problem is, that I have no idea what to look for on a weapon. The only thing I do is, that I look at the overall damage and if that is lower than that what I have equiped I don't change my weapon.

Like I said, I have no idea what and how and so on. Need to sit down one time and look all this things through.

Tarazet

My problem is, that I have no idea what to look for on a weapon. The only thing I do is, that I look at the overall damage and if that is lower than that what I have equiped I don't change my weapon.

Like I said, I have no idea what and how and so on. Need to sit down one time and look all this things through.

You will usually want fist weapons or 1-handed swords, rather than maces or axes since the base attack speed is higher. Daggers are OK for an offhand weapon.

If you hold Alt while looking at it, you'll see how good the rolls are compared with what is possible. The ideal for a piece that has 4 main affixes is a good damage roll, Dexterity, Attack Speed or +Damage, and a socket. Rarely, you'll encounter some legendary pieces like Gift of Silaria which have 5 affixes or pieces that come with CHD, like Monster Hunter, and those are generally going to be superior just for having that.

itxaka

Defeatist
So i beat uo chapter 5.

Now it´s just the adventure mode and the rifts? What is the point of that? Is there any extra endgame content coming?

Also, any nice lace to get builds for characters?

Dec

Is it still possible to get all the materials to craft The Staff of Herding? I read somewhere one part of it was bugged but now I can't find where I read it.

Near impossible. The Gibbering Gemstone used to be a 100% drop rate from a super rare spawn. Now it's a super rare drop from a super rare spawn. I have been trying at least an hour a day, and straight up a dozen hours or more total the past two weeks and I haven't got it, despite seeing the mob many times.

It is bugged, it will never go back to 100% drop chance, but it is bugged to be too rare since over a month ago.

I stopped playing a couple weeks into release and never finished it, now I've come back since the expansion and it's near impossible to get and the fix has been promised "next patch" for over a month. Pretty disappointing.

DrAg0nBoY

Tarazet thanks for the info. Now I just need to look up what everything that you just said means :p.

Like I said, I am still new to this.

Near impossible. The Gibbering Gemstone used to be a 100% drop rate from a super rare spawn. Now it's a super rare drop from a super rare spawn. I have been trying at least an hour a day, and straight up a dozen hours or more total the past two weeks and I haven't got it, despite seeing the mob many times.

It is bugged, it will never go back to 100% drop chance, but it is bugged to be too rare since over a month ago.

I stopped playing a couple weeks into release and never finished it, now I've come back since the expansion and it's near impossible to get and the fix has been promised "next patch" for over a month. Pretty disappointing.

Damn, that sucks. I have the Liquid Rainbow and I just got Leroic's Shinbone. Now trying for the mushroom, but I guess there isn't much point.

Dec

Damn, that sucks. I have the Liquid Rainbow and I just got Leroic's Shinbone. Now trying for the mushroom, but I guess there isn't much point.

I believe for numbers it's

40% chance to get the right dungeon (it's one of two)
5% chance of Chiltara spawning
5% chance of getting the Gemstone.

Could be even less as it's a bug and probably can't be accurately recorded.

Edit: here's the thread in which a blue posts about it
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9938423912

Dahbomb

People trying to get Chiltara are wasting their time to be honest. It's so obviously bugged. Just do something else until they fix it.

I believe for numbers it's

40% chance to get the right dungeon (it's one of two)
5% chance of Chiltara spawning
5% chance of getting the Gemstone.

Could be even less as it's a bug and probably can't be accurately recorded.

Edit: here's the thread in which a blue posts about it
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9938423912

Thanks for the info.

Lol, just got the mushroom. I guess at least if they ever fix it I am halfway there.

EDIT: Just got the Wirt's Bell and turned out I already had the blacksmith plan so guess I just going to have to wait now for them to maybe fix the drop rate on the final piece I need, the Gibbering Gemstone.

Tarazet

Tarazet thanks for the info. Now I just need to look up what everything that you just said means :p.

Like I said, I am still new to this.

It's really pretty simple. Monks function better if they use two 1-handed weapons, and swords and fist weapons are the best choices since they have 1.40 attacks per second base instead of 1.20, like maces and axes. But daggers, which are faster, have lower DPS generally because the damage modifier is lower.

The ideal weapon is going to roll with a good damage modifier (+1250-1400 or something like that), Dexterity, Attack Speed/+Damage, and a socket for your emerald. If the piece has four primary stats, and is missing just one of those, and it's good enough, you can try to reroll at the Mystic. If it's missing a primary affix, or if two of them are wrong then I wouldn't bother.

KrawlMan

Thanks for explaining - I was just a bit sceptical about the bolded part and people trying to "outwait" the other two. But I'll sure give it a try! Thanks!

Do we have any wizzards here who can solo T4/5 comfortable? I'm a bit lost.

My profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Realyn-2451/hero/41270256
I also have those items:

I struggled with T3 rifts big time until I figured out the Mirror Image / Black Hole combo. Thanks to Mirror Image I was able to drop Blur and some items to reduce my EHP. As crazy as it sounds - I don't die very much with my 300k hp.

-As far as my hat goes, I'm indecisive on the Mirror Image proc thingy. It doesn't seem to proc all that much. I think I'll go back to the arcane on crit one.

-I don't have enough gold to reroll my RoRG right now. Even if - it would only give me 10% elite reduction from Bblackthrone. Not really what I need right now. The Unity is really amazing! But I'm missing a second one.

-Are there any good Templar weapons/shields?

-Hmm oh yeah for my paragons I chose MS/CC/AR/Area Damage. Crit Damage gets me ~7k or so more dps but meh. If I crit most stuff is dead anyway and I rather have the crit for arcane.

That's all I can think of right now, Anything I could change/improve? What to gamble on? Thanks in advance!

So I can solo T4 without any issues, haven't tried T5 yet. However, I think the only reason I can is because I have Mirrorball and high fire skill damage %. My playstyle is kind of lazy just because of the amount of damage output I can manage when standing still with Unwavering Will + Blur and spamming 3x Magic Missiles + arcane dynamo Meteors and Black Holes.

Here's my profile: mlrakanishu

Your gear is pretty great, love the SoJ. Need to get a Fire one for myself someday. Things I would consider if I were you:

Your helm has a lot of room for DPS gain. You could end up with one that has + elemental skill dmg and +crit (and possibly +as if you get Andy's). I was using Stormcrow for a while with +20% lightning for a while, served me well with an Electrocute/Arc Lightning build.

Your weapon is good, but you could probably benefit a lot from an Azurewrath w/ +20% cold skill dmg since you seem to be rolling with Frozen Orb, Absolute Zero and Cold Blooded as primary damage.

Your gloves are fine, but they have a "wasted" area dmg stat. You could aim to get some Frostburns to pump up your Orbs even more, or you could just get a pair that has better toughness stat in it's fourth spot (I've run into quite a few great rare gloves while looking for Magefists on Kadala).

Another thing you could consider is just holding onto some less than ideal Vyrs or Firebird set items, but see if the +500 int 2 piece bonus is worth keeping them for. Thats a pretty big damage boost and +50 all resists.

Edit: Maybe a new source? Triumvirate is great for builds other than cold. Maybe look for Myken's Ball of Hate and switch to chain lightning as a source generator, or look for Mirrorball and run with the Glacial Spike rune for Magic Missile. It's freeze proc is pretty good for survivability.

And by no means is this the only way to build up and improve your Wiz, just the approach I might take. I never made it into T4 with my Frozen Orb wizard. I struggled a bit using a Wave of Force build in T3/4...and then the Mirrorball dropped, I started stacking fire, and T3 became trivial.

Tarazet

Also got a new amulet. Should I re-roll all res or the dmg?

Neither. It's not going to be better than your rare because of the +Poison damage. If you do anything though, roll the Resist All to CHD. Then you'll have a solid vanilla damage piece that can survive build changes.

Dec

People trying to get Chiltara are wasting their time to be honest. It's so obviously bugged. Just do something else until they fix it.

What else is there to do?

Genuinely asking. I haven't decided to get the expansion or not, I'm just playing level 60 post ros patch. I got a hellfire ring, been leveling characters and been farming paragon while I try to get the gemstone to drop.

What should I be doing instead? Everyone seems to be doing rifts and bounties which are not in the base game.

Dahbomb

Oh didn't know you had Vanilla D3.

You should just play the story mode and farm particular zones for gear. Get some paragon points and keep improving your character until you can do Torment 6. Once you have done that move on to another class.

Norns

What else is there to do?

Genuinely asking. I haven't decided to get the expansion or not, I'm just playing level 60 post ros patch. I got a hellfire ring, been leveling characters and been farming paragon while I try to get the gemstone to drop.

What should I be doing instead? Everyone seems to be doing rifts and bounties which are not in the base game.
You should buy RoS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom