• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achtius

I am convinced that kadala hates me.

I just got the marauder shoulder to complete the 4 set bonus (glove, shoulder, armor and the grandeur ring), then she decided to give me a trifecta magefist glove.

Kadala pls. I want to use the marauder set :(

#firstworldproblem

When you need a particular item for a build, like a Cindercoat, what do you do? Just play whatever and hope it drops? I've never received a legendary from Kadala despite hundreds of shards.

Edit: Of course I mean items that don't come from specific things like Caches.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

I just got the marauder shoulder to complete the 4 set bonus (glove, shoulder, armor and the grandeur ring), then she decided to give me a trifecta magefist glove.

#firstworldproblem

Marauder > Magefist! That pet armada seems like it would outweigh the damage. Is the spider companion effective? 80% slow and 150% damage... would have loved to have something similar for the monk.

Achtius

The problem is that I would lose my followers (4 piece asheara set bonus), 2 wolves (Garwulf - the cloak that give 2 extra wolves) , and 20% fire damage. Not to mention the marauder glove is not trifecta (so lose 37% crit damage).

Maledict

I wouldn't say interesting, I'd say 'completely random gibberish with utterly no shred of evidence of logic to back it up beyond a tin foil hat'.

I mean seriously, that post is just nonsense. I do like the fact the first reddit comment just tears it apart.

nbraun80

I did Malt on T1 a bunch of times without any reaper drops.

Thankfully I already had a Reaper's Wraps in my stash which I enchanted to Fire%.

haven't totally confirmed this but 4 times now between me and a buddy rushing each other to 70, when we go kill mal for the other in campaign to get the guaranteed leg we've always gotten the mat, even on expert and normal.not sure if its just luck, but I think its because you usually get the plans on your first kill, but if you already had them you just get the mat. Might be interesting to just make a lvl1 have s buddy skip you right to mal and see if you get it?

The Cowboy

Man i just can't get a leg head item for my Wizard (i really want an andariel's visage for my melee build), I've easily spent 4000 shards in the last day alone and not 1 leg head item or even a yellow that would be an upgrade over what i have - heck i haven't seen a single leg head item for my Wizard since i hit 70.

Can't complain to much though, with my current gear I'm doing T2 easily.

jblank83

When should I try Torment 1? Expert rifts are so/so right now. I can die if I'm around some nasty elite mobs, but other things I mow down with my wizard. My Paragon level is really low though, only like 26 at the moment.

When you feel like it. There's no rule for when you start Torment. You lose nothing from dying except a tiny bit of gold for repairs, so set it to T1 and see what it's like. The only question is whether you're having fun.

I was running rifts with Xanathus a couple of days ago. He got 7 or 8 drops in one rift. That's not just short term variance. I've had the same runs of luck, getting a dozen or so drops within 2-3 rifts, then back to the regular 1 or so per.

I'm not saying there isn't more complexity to the drop formulas, but I am saying it isn't as simple as a very strict 1-2 drops per hour throttling.

RPGCrazied

When you feel like it. There's no rule for when you start Torment. You lose nothing from dying except a tiny bit of gold for repairs, so set it to T1 and see what it's like. The only question is whether you're having fun.

I am having fun. The wizard is such a beast. Sure wish I had an awesome legendary staff or 1hander/source. I have a couple legendaries, but mostly yellows.

jblank83

I am having fun. The wizard is such a beast. Sure wish I had an awesome legendary staff or 1hander/source. I have a couple legendaries, but mostly yellows.

I recommend you run rifts, then. Higher legendary drop rates in rifts, if you're underpowered the group can hopefully carry you a bit, and it's more social.

Don't forget the 8million hands of poker.

this guy played 1 minute poker games 24 hours a day for 15 years, impressive

OT: be grateful if you find a good trifecta rare necklace people and hold on to it tightly, I've spent over 25m gold rerolling a good leg necklace I found (18percent lightning, 704str, 8.5 crit chance and 4th stat being rerolled) , and have only found crit dmg on it once and it was a shitty 69 percent roll

One of the people I always run with is in the same boat, he has no purple marquise gems left to reroll it anymore

ferr

#firstworldproblem
Same here. I'd have to replace my magefist, cindercoat, and unity ring... I'd rather have helm, pants, feet, shoulders. And if I get two nat pieces then rrog would go in.

jblank83

I haven been, I've seen a few drop. Mostly rings, amulets and other weapons I can't use.

You haven't been what?

Rifts are the known best way to farm legendaries, unless you're looking for a specific act item which can only drop from bounty caches. They'll drop about one per rift at the Torment levels. Sometimes it'll be none, sometimes more, but averaging about 1 per. Then you gamble the blood shards for further chances. Whether you get what you want is up to RNG, but over a long enough time span you'll get something useful.

RPGCrazied

You haven't been what?

Rifts are the known best way to farm legendaries, unless you're looking for a specific act item which can only drop from bounty caches. They'll drop about one per rift at the Torment levels. Sometimes it'll be none, sometimes more, but averaging about 1 per. Then you gamble the blood shards for further chances. Whether you get what you want is up to RNG, but over a long enough time span you'll get something useful.

Ooops. I mean, I have been. :p

Thank god Hammer Jammers have a %4,000,000 drop rate. I've salvaged so many of them, the Blacksmith refers to me as, "that pants guy". Also, fuck you Kadal and your Shattered Crown trolling.

Dahbomb

Tin foil hat except for the tiered Legendary drop rate (which is pretty much semi confirmed by the Blues anyway). Devs confirmed that the Fire immunity amulet is among the rarest Legendary items in the game so it's pretty obvious there's a tier system.

Pretty sure every high level Torment player is getting more than most T1 players at the same rate. This is all assuming those Torment players are clearing Rifts about the same rate (15-20 mins).

Yeah there's a cushion for getting Legendary drops even if you are non efficient but it doesn't trump super efficient players playing at high difficulties.

I may agree about the "rested Legendary drop rate" because that has happened way too many times for it to not be an actual mechanic.

ZenaxPure

When you need a particular item for a build, like a Cindercoat, what do you do? Just play whatever and hope it drops? I've never received a legendary from Kadala despite hundreds of shards.

Edit: Of course I mean items that don't come from specific things like Caches.

Hundreds ain't nothin' just keep at it, it's all RNG. It took me around 4500 shards to get the cindercoat on my Barbarian but less than 500 to get the 3 wolf cape on my Demon Hunter.

Gambling is the only way to actually target specific legendary items outside of the obvious stuff you mention.

Dahbomb

Yep. But that was in the Dota 2 thread.
I read both threads and he made a semi rascist comment here as well (something about Peruvians). He was also popping off about loot and how he abused exploits to get top 250 DPS with DH (such an irrelevant rating anyway but figures coming from a blatant exploiter). Also was QQing about how he wasn't getting Kridershot.

jblank83

Ooops. I mean, I have been. :p

Well, keep at it. Do the math. 3-4 drops per hour from a very large pool of legendaries and set items, with some of them being more common than others (Blackthorne's), means it takes time to find what you want.

That's Diablo. That's the carrot on the stick. It's what brings satisfaction when something finally drops.

Diablo-like games aren't for everyone (no game is). If your idea of patience is waiting 15 minutes before getting angry or bored, then Diablo is probably not the game for you (not you personally, just certain gamers in general). And even if spending 40 hours to get a handful of powerful items on your virtual digital Diablo character is your idea of fun, eventually you will get tired of the game. There will come a day when there aren't any more worthwhile items to find, when you get tired of click click clicking the same buttons, when you don't want to build and test new characters.

It's arguable whether the drop rates are where they should be, and that's a very subjective point to argue, but my opinion is that the drop rates are pretty good as is. They're frequent enough to be fun, rare enough to be enticing, and good enough to be satisfying. I don't mind seeing a junk legendary, nor do I mind not getting what I want when I want it, as long as I know that the odds of eventually getting something good are, in the long run (a long run that is not painfully long and odds that are not ridiculous, as in Diablo 3 circa 2012), high.

Yes. He took the lack of a krider as a personal insult

If I remember him correctly from the DotA 2 thread he felt he was entitled to being supported by professional players in every game he played, and also felt as though anyone from outside the United States was beneath him and a detriment to the game. Good riddance honestly. Some people are just completely wacky :/

cdyhybrid

If I remember him correctly from the DotA 2 thread he felt he was entitled to being supported by professional players in every game he played, and also felt as though anyone from outside the United States was beneath him and a detriment to the game. Good riddance honestly. Some people are just completely wacky :/

Yeah, he was a real card.

alife

All Act 1 caches. Bout to pop these mofos off, c'mon Ring of Royal Grandeur!

FRPvPxL.jpg

jns

Hey guys, I'm gearing up a Monk and wondering about the LpSS stat. Can this be a viable method of healing at higher torments? If so, what kind of numbers should I be aiming for? I know this can roll on weapons, is it more desirable than say, spirit regen?

Errr...does Disintegrate crit? I've been using it for a while now and I don't even know. I feel like when I run out of Arcane Power and fall back to Electrocute I do even more damage sometimes.
The crits are rolled up into the ticks (as far as I know). It won't show yellow letters. Use arcane nexus rune.

Azulsky

Hey guys, I'm gearing up a Monk and wondering about the LpSS stat. Can this be a viable method of healing at higher torments? If so, what kind of numbers should I be aiming for? I know this can roll on weapons, is it more desirable than say, spirit regen?

It works as well as your ability to spend spirit basically. If you take the Transcendence passive that gives lpss to you innately and invest in globe healing bonus its good

Even after losing most of mine (down to about 600) all my globe bonus rolls were worth it.

jns

It works as well as your ability to spend spirit basically. If you take the Transcendence passive that gives lpss to you innately and invest in globe healing bonus its good

Even after losing most of mine (down to about 600) all my globe bonus rolls were worth it.

Thanks for the reply. I have 25k health globe bonus and 430 LpSS atm and have found a weap with another 145 so Ill re-roll the spirit re-gen (2.33) to a socket.
Thanks for the info.

Zimbardo

i just gotta complain for a brief moment.

the drops in this game are just bad now.

they are so few and far between, its a joke ... and when a legend does drop its 98% of the time not an upgrade/forgotten soul/junk.

its so discouraging to grind and grind for around an hour, and then when you finally see a leg drop ....well, you just know its gonna be garbage. low and behold ...it is! then you get that feeling of ...'well, i guess i wont see another legend until roughly another hours worth of grinding'. and that's usually the case ...where it'll end up being junk once again.

most of my decent drops came to me during the first week of RoS's release, and the game seemed pretty fun during that time ...but its just been dry as old fuck since. where's the upgrades?? seems basically impossible to get any decent set items ...seems basically impossible for me to get an upgrade to the bow i'm using (i'm a Demon Hunter using a Cluckeye bow). every bow that drops is worse or no better than my own ...and i know damn well there's plenty of room to upgrade.

i know Blizzard nerfed chests awhile ago ...so that is a nerf to drop rates right there. for all i know, they might have nerfed drops overall besides the chests ..because it does seem worse than during its first week of release.

i dunno ...the game is all about acquiring gear and the drops are just terrible ...and you can't trade, so that avenue of getting gear is out the window. i find it just gets to be frustrating after awhile ...i'm just killing things over and over, grinding and grinding and not getting any rewards for doing it.

and another thing, i find that there's no real incentive to make another character. i never find anything good for a Wizard or a Barb, etc ....nothing that makes me say, 'damn, that's awesome for a Barb ....i gotta make one now'. in Diablo2 ...stuff for different classes dropped all the time and it would make you want to try different characters and builds. the small trickle of legends in Diablo3 is so low that it makes me never want to have to go through this with another character ever again.

and the Mystic ...man, she's another level of frustration. i must have rolled my legendary amulet at least 50 times trying to get crit damage ...and 2 times its showed up ...twice! and both times they were low rolls (55% and 72%). so annoying.

guess its time to take a break from this game. thankfully Dark Souls 2 is coming out this week.

Played solo and noticed alot of items for recipe drops. I rarely see these in group play. Was this a coincident or is it typically that way? Keep getting enough items for reaper wraps but I always craft something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom