• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoobs

Played solo and noticed alot of items for recipe drops. I rarely see these in group play. Was this a coincident or is it typically that way? Keep getting enough items for reaper wraps but I always craft something else.

coincidence, no change in chance to drop

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Played solo and noticed alot of items for recipe drops. I rarely see these in group play. Was this a coincident or is it typically that way? Keep getting enough items for reaper wraps but I always craft something else.

Same thing here

I just had 4 plans drop within 5 minutes

I heard a great Diablo 3 joke in a public game just now.

How do you know that Kadala's father is Wirt?

Because she has no legs

tumblr_inline_n3ry5fUtBR1qhne75.jpg

Mumei

I'm just now reaching "pretty good" stuff! My WD now does 523K sheet damage and seems to be rolling along fine in Master now. I just picked up Uhkapian Serpent and switched out my Fetishes for Zombie Dogs. Between Life Link, them taking 29% of the damage dealt to me, and Midnight Feast I've been having no trouble staying alive while running into packs of enemies like a moron. Of course, running headlong into packs of enemies was the only way I got to kill things before Zel murdalized everything so it is just as well that this is the case.

Really wish I could find a Quetzalcoatl, though. :(

cdyhybrid

Just got an Act 2 bounty to kill a demon named Pazuzu. Wonder if that was a reference to the antagonist of The Exorcist or the king of demons in Assyrian/Babylonian mythology (even though I believe they're supposed to be referencing the same entity).

dengatron

If you're dual wielding weapons and one has 8% dmg on it, is that only applied to to that weapon? Is it only applied to both?

% damage on weapons only applies to the damage range of the base weapon, or the +damage if it's non elemental, for that weapon. when it's patched, it'll also apply to elemental damage types on the weapons, but that's broken for now. it's only for that particular weapon.

Lokbob

Almost max possible damage roll on that Natalyas.

Still prefer my Manticore because the damage is so high and attackspeed isn't that important, a clusterarrow hits for around 50 million with the bombs.

diabloiii2014-04-2105bdjjr.jpg

grimmiq

Trying to build a Fire Monk, any suggestions on what I should change or if I'm outright doing things wrong?

Inner Fire + Tempest Rush crits for 5mil, Spinning Flame Kick crits 9-11mil, Crippling Wave crits 2mil. I think my resist is slightly above 1300 with One With Everything. Crippling Wave crits 2mil.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Chainshada-6816/hero/44147941

Trying to craft a decent pair of Aughild Shoulders/Chest but they've been turning out pretty bad and not even worth rerolling.

This was a good weekend.

Chantodo's Will and Force in the same night. Picked up Blackthorne's JM yesterday.

At 1.39M DPS and 11k Healing, I'm pretty happy.
I only really want a Storm Crow, another Thunderfury/Triumverate is just icing at this point. I'll just be jewel hunting for the final Topaz upgrades, casually.

Now, if only you could transfer characters from PC to PS4. I'll have a lot of work to do for my future PS4 Wizard.

RDreamer

Today was quite a day for my DH, which I had been neglecting since my monk and crusader had better drops overall. DH got reapers wraps pretty much perfectly rolled (made them for my monk, but they turned out fire and better for DH). Then I got some great rolled gladiators gauntlets and perfect fire walkers for my build. Also got a pretty good bow (that'll be better if they ever fix the %damage bug).

Reapers wraps are amazing, by the way. Globes are always dropping, and that means more cluster arrows!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I went 2500 Blood Shards without a single legendary, then I finally get one from the next 500 and it's awful. Can I PLEASE just get a SoJ? Thank you.

Totakeke

I now have both of these bows. Just not sure what to reroll. I feel like I need all the toughness I can get...

wcdtAYD.png

You'll never get enough toughness as a DH at higher torments. It's always best to kill before you're hit. You can certainly stack up toughness, but eventually you'll realize DH as a class has its limits and glass cannon is still the best way to go.

Baliis

I went 2500 Blood Shards without a single legendary, then I finally get one from the next 500 and it's awful. Can I PLEASE just get a SoJ? Thank you.

I'm up to 35 rings now in the last few days, no SoJ. Got 2 andys tonight as well but they were both kind of eh. Fourth legendary potion though, a Kulle's Aid which is nice.

Totakeke

I think the ongoing Blade of Prophecy nerf threads are a good example of how good people are at ignoring and misrepresenting information just to get what they want. It's kinda awkward to read.

Anyone here have personal experience with the sword on whether it procs more than 2 before?

scy

I'm up to 35 rings now in the last few days, no SoJ. Got 2 andys tonight as well but they were both kind of eh. Fourth legendary potion though, a Kulle's Aid which is nice.

I finally got my first SoJ tonight.

It has Physical damage. :( Was hoping I could at least keep CHD on the slot.

I think the ongoing Blade of Prophecy nerf threads are a good example of how good people are at ignoring and misrepresenting information just to get what they want. It's kinda awkward to read.

Anyone here have personal experience with the sword on whether it procs more than 2 before?

There was the GIFs posted in the thread that showed it chain proccing.

I can confirm that it currently only gives +2 Condemns maximum, which makes it nowhere near as good as I was hoping for it to be. Which is a shame since I'm down like ~70M gold trying to reroll it to 1700+ Holy Damage still.

MoonGred

Got lucky today with a drop

Any thoughts on what to replace? I'm leaning towards the Charger damage as I don't use that skill at all.

UUM8bJu.png

potam

Banned
Thoughts on what I should do with this Warmonger?

XbNhgFv.png

After swapping this for my old weapon with a CHD gem, my CHD is in the mid 100s, which is awful. I've been rolling for a socket, but for now I'm just rolling with strength. I'm guessing that CHD will improve my dps...but is it worth losing 1113 strength?

Dahbomb

They are stealth nerfing Legendaries?

That's pretty damn unprofessional if true. I don't care if items gets nerfed as long as its properly listed in patch logs (with a proper heads up given like with SoH) but stealth hot fixing items like that is really lame.

Totakeke

There was the GIFs posted in the thread that showed it chain proccing.

I can confirm that it currently only gives +2 Condemns maximum, which makes it nowhere near as good as I was hoping for it to be. Which is a shame since I'm down like ~70M gold trying to reroll it to 1700+ Holy Damage still.

Oh here it is.

We talked about the Blade few times since launch. And GIFed it.

condemn_7777kyjus.gif

condemn2_1111sejt6.gif

One-shooting elites never gets old. Also, currently my Condemn is critting at around 32mil. I can't wait to add Akkarat in the rotation at last.

I count three explosions.

Wallach

Blade of Prophecy has worked that way since at least RoS launch. I remember having this conversation like only a few days after hitting 70 with someone who was disappointed that it behaved that way. Think someone is just trying to get people riled up after the Shard nerf.

Dahbomb

False alarm then.

BTW when are we going to hear about the Tiered Rift stuff? Game has been out for a month already and no word on it.

nbraun80

False alarm then.

BTW when are we going to hear about the Tiered Rift stuff? Game has been out for a month already and no word on it.

what were their general ideas? Sorry, just came back for ros so I'm not too up to speed on what else they have planned.

scy

If it's always worked that way then I have nothing to say. I can only confirm it's just +2 right now.

If I ever get enough Akkarat's pieces, it'll be stupid then I imagine. But, right now, it's not as impressive I was expecting. But I think most of that is just the 70M gold sink disappointment.

MoonGred

I'll say. I've yet to see a single one of those since playing RoS =(

The skill dmg is probably the best bet if you don't use it. Get something you do use or more toughness.

Jerk.

Haha, I'm glad I got it, but to be honest the item wasn't on my "must have list".

That said, it's been a massive help so far

Dahbomb

what were their general ideas? Sorry, just came back for ros so I'm not too up to speed on what else they have planned.
Tiered Rifts are supposed to be like their competitive Rifts (essentially Leaderboards). You get special Rift keys in Rifts to unlock next tier of Rift.

MoonGred

Lost my mind during the last rift, bumped into a place with about 20 loot goblins. The potential for loot was so good, I killed about 12 of them, no legs at all.

I know the odds aren't that high, the disappointment was still so bitter. Must have used up all my RNG luck when I got Ice Climber.

Tried the "clear the hell rift" bounty on torment 6 with my demon hunter. It's actually much easier than it was with my wizard who is better geared. I can vault all the way through the first floor. On the 2nd, my wolves tank EVERYTHING. Even sledge when he spawns. So I just sit back and spam cluster at everything.

Haha, I'm glad I got it, but to be honest the item wasn't on my "must have list".

Things I'll never see:

Ice Climbers
Cindercoat
Ring of Royal Grandeur

It angers me more and more every day. I should probably add Kridershot to the list, but I've only been using a DH for 3 days.

Zaptruder

Banned
Tried the "clear the hell rift" bounty on torment 6 with my demon hunter. It's actually much easier than it was with my wizard who is better geared. I can vault all the way through the first floor. On the 2nd, my wolves tank EVERYTHING. Even sledge when he spawns. So I just sit back and spam cluster at everything.

Things I'll never see:

Ice Climbers
Cindercoat
Ring of Royal Grandeur

It angers me more and more every day. I should probably add Kridershot to the list, but I've only been using a DH for 3 days.

I think I had a cindercoat once. Back in 1.1 or something like that. It's sharded now though.

Since I got Maximus I'm preparing some gear for possibly a fire Crusader build. Any build advice would be helpful, but I need some reroll advice:

Vit for crit chance?

Resouce reduction for crit damage?

Honestly don't know what to do with this shield. Trying to reroll Bombardment damage would be a nightmare, life per wrath for crit chance?

Also, I'm sure this has been asked a dozen times, but does it matter what type of damage the +damage on a weapon is? I've rerolled my Maximus' damage once already, if I get something like Poison or Cold but a much higher number, does it really matter?

ElyrionX

I don't get why people obsess over boring legendaries like Cindercoat or Magefist. All they do is make your existing skills deal more damage. It's not like they change your skills in any way that would make them more interesting or even different to play. Items such as Mirrorball, Wand of Woh and Kridershot or the class sets are so much better.

dengatron

I don't get why people obsess over boring legendaries like Cindercoat or Magefist. All they do is make your existing skills deal more damage. It's not like they change your skills in any way that would make them more interesting or even different to play. Items such as Mirrorball, Wand of Woh and Kridershot or the class sets are so much better.

cindercoat is a near necessity as a CA DH. 20-30% fire damage skill cost reduction is gargantuan. kridershot would be the only thing that could really change my build at this point, and only if it was a stacked roll. marauders 4 piece is worth it, but, i'd use boots shoulders legs and RORG to get that so i wouldn't have to lose any fire damage anywhere. the natalyas 4 piece isn't worth losing the chest slot over, so unless you get 3 non handcrossbow pieces, i don't feel it's worth it. rain doesn't do terribly much of my damage when i use it, but i also hardly solo at all.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dengatron-1154/hero/43150096

^ i'd have to get some pretty beast rolls on nats or marauders to want to replace any of my items.

nbraun80

Tiered Rifts are supposed to be like their competitive Rifts (essentially Leaderboards). You get special Rift keys in Rifts to unlock next tier of Rift.

ah I see. I always thought an endless rift would be kinda cool, leaderboaeds for each difficult on hoe many level you go down. Disallowing health pots and just have a merchant every 10 levels would be cool.

scy

Because for Fire builds they're best-in slots. And significantly easier to get than most the items listed (which are all highly sought after ones too).

eek5

aaand 700 shards later kadala hooks it up with a magefist and a cindercoat. well played kadala, well played.. lol

ah I see. I always thought an endless rift would be kinda cool, leaderboaeds for each difficult on hoe many level you go down. Disallowing health pots and just have a merchant every 10 levels would be cool.

Not allowing pots is weird. Some people don't really have sustain other than pots.

It should definitely be YOLO though.

I disagree. Magefist, maybe, but cindercoat makes a ton of things different. You can vault w/ fire rune now instead of the cheaper disc vault. You can channel fire runed channeling skills like wd firenado longer/indefinitely with it etc. It might not be as transparent as getting 2 more magic missiles but a cindercoat can definitely be build defining/changing and open a ton of options that might not be as viable without it. Hell I'd love one for my monk just so I could LTK forever and drop my generator. How would that not make playing completely different!?

Nymerio

So I got this from Kadala:

dwpAPdh.png

emnRPGv.png

Anyone know if it is worth it over a Andariel's with 18% fire damage? With firebats the mimics are up almost 100% of the time, but I'm not sure on how much damage they do. But I love running around as a skeleton. And what would I reroll? Socket, CDR or vit?

RivalCore

Is there anything worth crafting ?

I've got a ton of green sets and everything I've built from them has been pretty bad.

Depends really. If you have the Royal Ring of Grandeur then the set bonuses from Asheara, Aughild and Born's are fantastic value and good tie overs until you get top end gear.

Though they can be a black hole for materials since you're not guaranteed mainstats and some of legendary materials can take a while to farm.

Thoughts on what I should do with this Warmonger?

XbNhgFv.png

After swapping this for my old weapon with a CHD gem, my CHD is in the mid 100s, which is awful. I've been rolling for a socket, but for now I'm just rolling with strength. I'm guessing that CHD will improve my dps...but is it worth losing 1113 strength?

You need both Strengh and Socket. Loosing 1k strengh for a socket isn't worth it. Rock this until you get another 2 hands, but even with 400 less dps, if you have 1k str + socket, its better

Grassy

Is there anything worth crafting ?

I've got a ton of green sets and everything I've built from them has been pretty bad.

I'm using the Hallowed Hold + Breach, they go alright and you get the 100 All Resist and 10% IAS bonus for using both. It was literally the first thing that dropped for me when I hit level 70 so they have served my monk well.

Here's my Monk anyway, I've been meaning to post it and ask for suggestions:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Grassy-6704/hero/25081100

I really was upgrading aimlessly until I started paying attention to other people in this thread and how they were upgrading and gearing their characters, so some of my re-rolls have been a bit stupid(those crappy gems are placeholders I will replace shortly along with the armor roll on the pants). I can faceroll T1 currently, I can manage T2 but it's pretty sketchy.

That farking amulet has cost me 30 million to get the crit damage from 76 to 79%...had to just leave that shit alone. I need an Andariel with Lightning damage and a Thunderfury to go with the Odyn's Son I got today...any other suggestions or comments are welcome. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom