• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just made my first Hellfire Amulet on my DH. Think it turned out pretty well, the CHD could have rolled higher but at least it rolled a passive which I actually use right now. Will be interesting to play around with this, see what passive I can replace the steady aim with in my skills and how much effect it actually has.

Will ofcourse roll the vit to a socket.
7udUfj3.jpg

Luck finally worked on my wizard, found a sun keeper and maximus. Sun Keeper had low rolls (16% bonus) so I'm switching to maximus.

Question is, what should I reroll? Stats are 8% damage, 15% fire damage, 1426-1720 wdamage, and 1030 intelligence. I'm thinking the fire damage into 20% fire damage, but I'm unsure how the calculations and percentages apply, and if 2% more weapon damage is more damage overall.

joesmokey

Not really sure what to do with my wizard anymore. I tried using my poor Witching Hour (33%) over String of Ears, but you die way too easily in gr38+. I was trying to go for a better rolled Witching Hour but now it seems pointless.

I don't think GR40 is possible unless you get extremely lucky with act1 mobs + pylons. I am not sure how valuable an immunity amulet would be since there will just be another affix that will two shot you instead. Going for 10/8/4% gem upgrade chances isn't fun at all.

I think I have maximized my Diablo career in seasons:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aeglos7-1318/hero/51704003

MrDaravon

After a ton of gambling for shields this dropped randomly out of a chest -_-

3OZRlNA.jpg

Ignoring the ridiculously abysmal block % on it (seriously, what in the actual fuck) what should I roll on this? Fairly newbie crusader here but I'm running Stampede. I'm assuming Cooldown Reduction, but wasn't sure if I should roll off Smite or RCR because I wasn't sure if the Smite % worked with the Miranae gem or not?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

Celegus

Ignoring the ridiculously abysmal block % on it (seriously, what in the actual fuck) what should I roll on this? Fairly newbie crusader here but I'm running Stampede. I'm assuming Cooldown Reduction, but wasn't sure if I should roll off Smite or RCR because I wasn't sure if the Smite % worked with the Miranae gem or not?

Get rid of the smite, it has nothing to do with Mirinae (only the horrible primary skill). It's a very resource intensive build, so while not ideal, cost reduction is always nice. I'd go for cooldown or +phalanx damage on it.

MrDaravon

Get rid of the smite, it has nothing to do with Mirinae (only the horrible primary skill). It's a very resource intensive build, so while not ideal, cost reduction is always nice. I'd go for cooldown or +phalanx damage on it.

Okay, I didn't think so but figured I would make sure first.

Ayumi

Question to fellow Furnace wielding Firebird's Wizards:

How much increased fire damage do you have, and where from?

Do you care about CDR aside from Evocation?

How much increased elite damage, and where from? (SoJ, Furnace, xxx?)

How high do you solo Grifts?

How fast do you clear a T6 rift?

joesmokey

Question to fellow Furnace wielding Firebird's Wizards:

How much increased fire damage do you have, and where from?

Do you care about CDR aside from Evocation?

How much increased elite damage, and where from? (SoJ, Furnace, xxx?)

How high do you solo Grifts?

How fast do you clear a T6 rift?
When you use the Furnace, you skew the balance away from fire damage toward elite damage. I have ~35% fire dmg (SoJ, Strongarm), 85% elite dmg. This may seem like a trade off that's not worth it, but don't forget you're adding the much, much higher 2hr base dmg for the firebird dot. I could get more fire damage if I had a perfectly rolled amulet where I could roll off the int for 20% fire, but meh.

CDR isn't necessary, nor Evocation (Illusionist, Unstable Anomaly, Blur, Glass Cannon). You want armor or all resistance rather than CDR. Illusionist means that in high GR, every time you get touched your Teleport is up. It would be nice to cast faster black holes, but it's not worth the trade off. Glass Cannon is necessary as you need to do as much damage as possible. With Blur, String of Ears, and 500k+ hp, you can survive at least 2-3 hits.

I can do 39 quite easily now. While I could do 39 with my SunKeeper + Firebird's Eye, that was a one time thing and I had only 30 seconds to spare. I couldn't repeat that performance with SunKeeper. With a perfect rift, I could probably do 40/41, but I don't think it's worth the effort.

T6 is a joke no matter what you use. As fast as you can cast blizzard + black hole things will die. You honestly don't even really need conduit. When you do T6, you don't need Blur or Unstable Anomaly, so you can throw in Evocation and Astral Presence (for continuous Blizzard usage). Doing grouped t6 is definitely slower than solo, but I suppose the magic find makes up for it.

Baliis

Finally broke onto the seasons leaderboards with my wizard with a 12 minute or so 36. Got a crazy good rift with just loads of zombies and mothers spawning more zombies.

ZenaxPure

Seems like GR 35 is a pretty big stopgap for monks on seasons. I cleared it and jumped close to 500 ranks on the leaderboard.

Almost cleared GR 36 as well but the mob types on the first floor were really annoying. Second floor was better but the first floor was a large map and it took me a while to find the second, had I found it sooner I would have ended up winning as I had a pretty easy boss too.

Ayumi

When you use the Furnace, you skew the balance away from fire damage toward elite damage. I have ~35% fire dmg (SoJ, Strongarm), 85% elite dmg. This may seem like a trade off that's not worth it, but don't forget you're adding the much, much higher 2hr base dmg for the firebird dot. I could get more fire damage if I had a perfectly rolled amulet where I could roll off the int for 20% fire, but meh.

CDR isn't necessary, nor Evocation (Illusionist, Unstable Anomaly, Blur, Glass Cannon). You want armor or all resistance rather than CDR. Illusionist means that in high GR, every time you get touched your Teleport is up. It would be nice to cast faster black holes, but it's not worth the trade off. Glass Cannon is necessary as you need to do as much damage as possible. With Blur, String of Ears, and 500k+ hp, you can survive at least 2-3 hits.

I can do 39 quite easily now. While I could do 39 with my SunKeeper + Firebird's Eye, that was a one time thing and I had only 30 seconds to spare. I couldn't repeat that performance with SunKeeper. With a perfect rift, I could probably do 40/41, but I don't think it's worth the effort.

T6 is a joke no matter what you use. As fast as you can cast blizzard + black hole things will die. You honestly don't even really need conduit. When you do T6, you don't need Blur or Unstable Anomaly, so you can throw in Evocation and Astral Presence (for continuous Blizzard usage). Doing grouped t6 is definitely slower than solo, but I suppose the magic find makes up for it.

Thanks for the detailed reply! The thing is, I'm pretty well geared but I lack a SoJ for the build. I also have only 1 leg gem socketed (Powerful) since I don't wanna sacrifice my CHC until I get a new ring/amulet etc. My SoJ sucks and even though it helps me kill elites and RG impressively fast, it makes it very hard to deal with trash mobs, especially when my crowd control is limited to Black Hole and its cooldown.

I find myself switching between Astral Presence and Unwavering Will, but too often Unwavering Will doesn't work since I have to kite a lot. I could try Glass Cannon, but I don't think it would work that well until I get a usable SoJ and a new amulet/RoRG to socket in the other 2 gems. But, I will be trying Glass Canon even though it will probably bite my ass since I'm still learning how to kite (beeing using Wand of Woh w/ 55% CDR for too long). I'm glad that your stats seem to be a lot like mine. Currently I have 36% increased fire dmg, but only 56% elite dmg increase.. all I need is that damn SoJ. lol

What spells do you use to hold onto the crit stats? Blizzard, hydra and firebird dot no not crit right?

Crit and Crit damage is applied in some way to their damage to increase it even though they don't crit. It's the same with all dots and channeled abilities mostly.

It's pretty silly that all it takes is a Blizzard to kill a whole screen full of enemies as you move on and for elites, you just use a well placed blackhole and elite pack dies in seconds. Firebird wiz might be fastest at clearing T6.

joesmokey

What spells do you use to hold onto the crit stats? Blizzard, hydra and firebird dot no not crit right?

Crit and Crit damage is applied in some way to their damage to increase it even though they don't crit. It's the same with all dots and channeled abilities mostly.
This is accurate. The dots don't crit themselves, but there's a formula you can find on the forums where it shows how cc and cd are factored in.
It's pretty silly that all it takes is a Blizzard to kill a whole screen full of enemies as you move on and for elites, you just use a well placed blackhole and elite pack dies in seconds. Firebird wiz might be fastest at clearing T6.
This is true for t6, but high level gr play is quite different. T6 itself is pretty meaningless for all classes these days. Gem upgrades have reduced it to about how T1 used to be.

Ayumi

You told me the other day... :D

Everyone I know have been playing DH for months and I haven't had the chance to play with a Crusader for a veeeeery long time. I'm pleasantly surprised by the great crowd control, because even though DH does nice AoE, the crowd control is bad and many DHs I've played with said that they almost rely on my Black Hole to be extra effective. You just seem to tank like crazy with super nice crowd control. It must be nice while soloing!

Bombless

Thanks for the info guys, I had no idea about that.

Found a Prophecy for my Crusader, now I need to gamble like crazy for the shield.

Ingeniero

Ok so this just happened, thanks Kadala.

uszsGFT.jpg

I was debating CC vs CHD, I got the 9.5% and settled.
I am at 43.1%CC, 401% CHD, 2.16 IAS.

So happy right now.

Saya

Can I get it on the clan as well? My tag is: Saegon#1864. I'm playing on Asian servers though, if that makes any difference. :(

Ayumi

Can I get it on the clan as well? My tag is: Saegon#1864. I'm playing on Asian servers though, if that makes any difference. :(
I know we have clans on US (full) and EU, but not sure about Asia? You won't be able to join a clan from another server than where your character is at.

Ayumi

Aww, I see. I'm probably the only Gaffer on Asian servers haha.

Perhaps.. there are some of us in Asia who play on US though. D3 wasn't popular in Japan during launch so a lot of users went to the different servers. I stuck with US to play with my internet buddies.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Nearly paragon 600 and I've never seen a Furnace, please Blizzard?

Ingeniero

how is that even a question. You always roll for crit chance on gloves..
Yep, 10% CC > 50% CD any day of the week.

In my defense, when I saw I got them I wasn't thinking straight ok? it's been weeks of gambling give me a break lol.
I rerolled the 10% CC and then rerolled for 48% CHD and realized I fucked up, I nearly spent all my gold to get back the 9.5% CC, I am happy anyways.

Wow, those are nearly identical to the ones she gave me: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shifty76-1953/hero/23386971
heh that's nice m8, you even have a DH called Jaqen lol, my non seasonal DH is Jaqen Hghar :D

EDIT. Your DH is very similar to mine gear wise, nice to meet you lost brother
http://diablo.somepage.com/profile/us/Shifty76-1953/hero/23386971

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Ok so this just happened, thanks Kadala.

http://i.imgur.com/uszsGFT.jpg

Wow, those are nearly identical to the ones she gave me: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shifty76-1953/hero/23386971

Well, well.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Raticus79-1110/hero/51771344
3 Gaffers, all just got 47% tasker's with attack speed and a single resist. Coincidence??!? (probably!)
Edit: ah, they always roll attack speed. That makes sense.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I found a 49% furnace last night with a built-in %damage roll, and it only took 2 rerolls to turn the resource reduction into 10% CDR

white-kid-dance-club.gif

MrDaravon

I found a 49% furnace last night with a built-in %damage roll, and it only took 2 rerolls to turn the resource reduction into 10% CDR

white-kid-dance-club.gif

Nice!

On an unrelated note, I spent hundreds of hours without being able to get Mara boots with Dex/Vit/AR/Multishot or CA % (kept getting ones with a secondary resist). Decided to farm T6 act 1 caches to open on my Crusader for a RRoG, 5 minutes into my first run I get a Gift as well as a near perfect Mara boots with high dex/vit/AR. Then on my first roll I get 15% Multishot. Figures.

Ayumi

Got my first vault yesterday (been kinda avoiding bounties, because I hate them). Put on my new leg gem, my Leoric's Crown and 50 points in Gold Find.

Wow. I never have to worry about money again. Whenever people said that, I just thought they were exaggerating. This is glorious.

Finally I don't have to care about those millions-cost worth rerolls.
Even though they still suck ass.

av2k

white-kid-dance-club.gif

Congrats! NeoGAF has been on a roll lately with Furnaces.. I wonder if they stealth buffed the drop rate. O_O

Shifty76

Nice!

On an unrelated note, I spent hundreds of hours without being able to get Mara boots with Dex/Vit/AR/Multishot or CA % (kept getting ones with a secondary resist). Decided to farm T6 act 1 caches to open on my Crusader for a RRoG, 5 minutes into my first run I get a Gift as well as a near perfect Mara boots with high dex/vit/AR. Then on my first roll I get 15% Multishot. Figures.

So Multishot is more desirable than Cluster on boots? I had 15% multi, but rolled it off for cluster as I was using LfB at the time due to having lots of fire dmg and no Etrayu. That has since changed and I'm now running Maelstrom. 2.84 bp if that matters.

So Multishot is more desirable than Cluster on boots? I had 15% multi, but rolled it off for cluster as I was using LfB at the time due to having lots of fire dmg and no Etrayu. That has since changed and I'm now running Maelstrom. 2.84 bp if that matters.

Actually, elemental arrow is best at 2.84 and 4.15. Cluster was the best before they fixed the sentry attack speed a couple patches ago.

Ingeniero

Got my first vault yesterday (been kinda avoiding bounties, because I hate them). Put on my new leg gem, my Leoric's Crown and 50 points in Gold Find.

Wow. I never have to worry about money again. Whenever people said that, I just thought they were exaggerating. This is glorious.

Finally I don't have to care about those millions-cost worth rerolls.
Even though they still suck ass.
How much did you make in one run?

MrDaravon

Apparently the math works out better if you roll CA on helm and MS on boots as opposed to CA on both. /shrug

Actually, elemental arrow is best at 2.84 and 4.15. Cluster was the best before they fixed the sentry attack speed a couple patches ago.

Even if you're running EA instead of Impale due to having a Krider or whatever, I can't imagine that running EA % would give you more overall DPS than CA or MS, do you have a link for that? I was fully up on DH stuff until about 3-4 weeks ago and don't remember anyone suggesting rolling EA % on stuff.

Celegus

I didn't use any gold find or gem.. So about 60mil (T6). I was too excited when I saw the portal open, so I completely forgot to switch the Paragon Points around.

You'll definitely need money again... I thought the same thing when I hit my first vault and got 260m. Did a couple more without putting gold find stuff on and was up to 500m. Now I only have 25m! I have had a few stubborn pieces of equipment that got up to 6-7m per try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom