• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingeniero

You'll definitely need money again... I thought the same thing when I hit my first vault and got 260m. Did a couple more without putting gold find stuff on and was up to 500m. Now I only have 25m! I have had a few stubborn pieces of equipment that got up to 6-7m per try.
Yeah that's what I thought. I spent 30mill in less than 4 minutes rerolling so you definitely need more.

Where/How can I farm for these gold goblin portals? I need some cash brah.

Yeah that's what I thought. I spent 30mill in less than 4 minutes rerolling so you definetely need more.

Just use the Hoarder gem. I collected just over 1 billion gold prior to finding it, now I am over 3 billion and I rarely use the thing.

Ingeniero

Just use the Hoarder gem. I collected just over 1 billion gold prior to finding it, now I am over 3 billion and I rarely use the thing.
Where can I find the Hoarder gem, farming regular rifts?

Wait a minute..... I googled it and I DID find it once but now it's gone from my stash WTF is this madness.

Ayumi

You'll definitely need money again... I thought the same thing when I hit my first vault and got 260m. Did a couple more without putting gold find stuff on and was up to 500m. Now I only have 25m! I have had a few stubborn pieces of equipment that got up to 6-7m per try.

Yeah that's what I thought. I spent 30mill in less than 4 minutes rerolling so you definitely need more.

Yeah, it's insane how fast the gold goes. I would wear the horder gem like Leviathon said, as well as the Leoric's Crown with a Flawless Royal Emerald and max out gold find with your paragon points.. I did that with my wiz and earn millions in just a matter of minutes (also luck, monster density) in normal rifts/bounties. (Btw is the gold drop higher in bounties or equal as in rifts?)

Wait a minute..... I googled it and I DID find it once but now it's gone from my stash WTF is this madness.
From the boss Greed inside the vaults.

Maybe you put it on a ring in your stash?

Crap, sorry man. I thought you were the one that found the goblin portal. It drops from Greed the boss.

So, I guess you will need to farm goblins. If you google goblin farming, there are a few different spots that people have been looking and having decent results.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I have my DH running Ball Lightning at the 4.15 breakpoint with the Helltrapper. The DPS is fine and it's reasonably group-friendly thanks to being able to run Marked for Death: Contagion, but it makes it hard to see anything and it definitely causes server performance problems if they're all active at once.

mercviper

So Multishot is more desirable than Cluster on boots? I had 15% multi, but rolled it off for cluster as I was using LfB at the time due to having lots of fire dmg and no Etrayu. That has since changed and I'm now running Maelstrom. 2.84 bp if that matters.

Actually, elemental arrow is best at 2.84 and 4.15. Cluster was the best before they fixed the sentry attack speed a couple patches ago.

Apparently the math works out better if you roll CA on helm and MS on boots as opposed to CA on both. /shrug

Even if you're running EA instead of Impale due to having a Krider or whatever, I can't imagine that running EA % would give you more overall DPS than CA or MS, do you have a link for that? I was fully up on DH stuff until about 3-4 weeks ago and don't remember anyone suggesting rolling EA % on stuff.

http://www.reddit.com/r/riokou/comments/2fiiwd/d3_dh_m6_theorycrafting_indepth/

Skill damage numbers.

MS is better at breakpoints lower than 2.84, and EA for 2.84 and 4.15. This is mainly because of the skill rotations leaning towards more MS or EA shots at the different breakpoints. Note that EA only surpasses MS in the 2.84 breakpoint when you have more than 5 targets.

joesmokey

(Btw is the gold drop higher in bounties or equal as in rifts?)
If you only care about gold farming, it's much more efficient in bounties/maps. In bounties, you can have tons of mobs on screen (Halls of Agony skeletons, Fields of Misery mobs, etc.). You never have that density in rifts.

You don't really need to worry about it though. If you can comfortably clear t6 rifts with the Hoarder instead of Toxin, shouldn't matter.

Shifty76

How much did you make in one run?

I know this wasn't addressed to me, but I went from 500m to 700m after one goblin portal last night. T6 with goldwrap, BotH gem and goldskin. Forgot to invest para pts in goldfind.
It was amusing to see my toughness go up to 400 BILLION.

Ayumi

If you only care about gold farming, it's much more efficient in bounties/maps. In bounties, you can have tons of mobs on screen (Halls of Agony skeletons, Fields of Misery mobs, etc.). You never have that density in rifts.

You don't really need to worry about it though. If you can comfortably clear t6 rifts with the Hoarder instead of Toxin, shouldn't matter.

So it's more efficient, but the actual gold drop is not different, right? I wouldn't be surprised if it was, since they want a good balance on the rift vs bounty gameplay to encourage users to do both.

ZenaxPure

Just noticed there is a live stream tomorrow. Guess we'll probably find out some random stuff, maybe they will put an exact date on when the first season ends or something.

Ayumi

Just noticed there is a live stream tomorrow. Guess we'll probably find out some random stuff, maybe they will put an exact date on when the first season ends or something.

And apparently deadmau5 is gonna be there..

For those who wants to watch:

• What: Our fourth Play Your Way Thursday livestream
  • Where: http://www.twitch.tv/diablo
  • When: Thursday, October 16 @ 2:00 p.m. PT to 3:00 p.m. PT
  • Who: Brandy “Nevalistis” Camel, Majier#1230, Joel “deadmau5″ Zimmerman, and Don Vu
  • Why: To kill ghosts n’ stuff.

Time zone checker:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

I am officialy done with act 5 bounties.

XsFmVTD.png

Now I just need to figure out how to play this build.

Krassus

Spam EA to get some orbs out on pack / named, drop 3 turrets while proc'ing the other 2.

Its pretty fun, just started with the setup last night.

junglist

Can anyone hook up a bad ass Off Hand shield for a level 70 WD???

My character is alright in t6 except he can't take a hit for shit... he has no defense and I need a good shield to help out... and hopefully with sockets too =) PM me.. pleeease.. lol

StMeph

My character is alright in t6 except he can't take a hit for shit... he has no defense and I need a good shield to help out... and hopefully with sockets too =) PM me.. pleeease.. lol

This is not console D3. No trading.

Also no WDs use shields that I know of.

Insaniac

if you're on console Diablo, there's a separate thread, you might want to ask them. If this is PC diablo, there's no trading unfortunately. Try gambling a shield. Also if you're toughness is low you might want to consider your gear and try to optimize it a bit to make yourself less squishy

Krassus

I'm so used to the coma inducing frost/fire build, I feel lost self firing.

It's actually engaging, who would have thought.

It felt like cheating a bit with being able to keep shadow power up coupled with nightstalker. That was the hardest part for me, I just need to make a macro to keep it spamming with one click.

Raticus79

Any thoughts/tips?

More of a question than a solid answer here:
- maybe a 2H crossbow to get more out of your CA/MS
- drop EA for Marked for Death / Contagion? (not sure about this one)

I need to sit down and work through these spreadsheets to get used to the math. It seems like people are putting too much emphasis on hitting those breakpoints at the expense of those relatively fixed firing rate skills.

Welp.
I tried Grift 34 five times yesterday with my seasonal DH and failed.
The closest I came was around 50% of the RG health before running out of time...

I think I should drop my Skull Grasp and try with a cold SOJ I found, but it has no socket neither.
Also I thinkl I need a Witching Hour for extra DPS.

Any thoughts/tips?

http://diablo.somepage.com/profile/us/MarKoNiO-1876/hero/52554194
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MarKoNiO-1876/hero/52554194

Honeslty, based on your gear I am surprised you can't finish 34. I would suggest a diamond in your helm to place setries faster. Switching to EA in your boots will give a small boost as well, assuming you are at 2.84.

Are you dying a lot?

Ingeniero

More of a question than a solid answer here:
- maybe a 2H crossbow to get more out of your CS/MS
- drop EA for Marked for Death / Contagion? (not sure about this one)

I need to sit down and work through these spreadsheets to get used to the math. It seems like people are putting too much emphasis on hitting those breakpoints at the expense of those relatively fixed firing rate skills.
I can't find a xbow better than my Windforce so far.
Yeah I was thinking of dropping Elemental Arrow since I already have Cluster Arrow for chilling mobs. I will try later.

Honeslty, based on your gear I am surprised you can't finish 34. I would suggest a diamond in your helm to place setries faster. Switching to EA in your boots will give a small boost as well, assuming you are at 2.84.

Are you dying a lot?
I read in this thread that for the 2.16 BP Multishot is better, that's why I rerolled that, I will investigate more.
And yeah I die sometimes, I shouldn't because of Awareness but most elites and mobs one shot me.
The Diamond in helm sounds promising, It takes a lot of time to set up the 5 turrets.

Oh and I definitely need a good ring with socket for Bane of the Powerful.

Thanks m8s.

Ayumi

This is not console D3. No trading.

Also no WDs use shields that I know of.

if you're on console Diablo, there's a separate thread, you might want to ask them. If this is PC diablo, there's no trading unfortunately. Try gambling a shield. Also if you're toughness is low you might want to consider your gear and try to optimize it a bit to make yourself less squishy
It would probably be helpful if you guys actually linked him the thread..
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872639

(I'm not writing this to sound mean, btw.)

Dahbomb

Blizzard said that they are going to reduce the randomness of GRs.

But they also said that they won't be removing pylons... just nerfing them I suppose.

I can't find a xbow better than my Windforce so far.
Yeah I was thinking of dropping Elemental Arrow since I already have Cluster Arrow for chilling mobs. I will try later.

I read in this thread that for the 2.16 BP Multishot is better, that's why I rerolled that, I will investigate more.
And yeah I die sometimes, I shouldn't because of Awareness but most elites and mobs one shot me.
The Diamond in helm sounds promising, It takes a lot of time to set up the 5 turrets.

Oh and I definitely need a good ring with socket for Bane of the Powerful.

Thanks m8s.

2.84 is must for a bow and usually not tough to get, so that is where you should start. Maelstrom doesn't slow, so you need Frost Arrow to trigger Trapped.

Looking at your gear again, you are at 2.84. In fact far past it. You don't need IAS on a bow, because as I said 2.84 is pretty easy to hit if you have TnT. Since you already gifted it, you could put Elite DMG or cool down on the bow.

Ingeniero

2.84 is must for a bow and usually not tough to get, so that is where you should start. Maelstrom doesn't slow, so you need Frost Arrow to trigger Trapped.

Looking at your gear again, you are at 2.84. In fact far past it. You don't need IAS on a bow, because as I said 2.84 is pretty easy to hit if you have TnT. Since you already gifted it, you could put Elite DMG or cool down on the bow.

In game stats says I have 2.16 attacks per second in my char.
2.16 x 1.47 (TnT) = 3.18 for turrets, that's the past > 2.84 you are talking about right? maybe I am missing something.
If that's the case, then I can reroll IAS on bow for more DMG or CDR and still have turrets at 3.07 AS for the 6th BP.

Thanks.

In game stats says I have 2.16 attacks per second in my char.
2.16 x 1.47 (TnT) = 3.18 for turrets, that's the past > 2.84 you are talking about right? maybe I am missing something.
If that's the case, then I can reroll IAS on bow for more DMG or CDR and still have turrets at 3.07 AS for the 6th BP.

Thanks.

Exactly. And if you find a soj you could use that as well with probably a couple paragon points in IAS.

Raticus79

Blizzard said that they are going to reduce the randomness of GRs.

But they also said that they won't be removing pylons... just nerfing them I suppose.

Updating my forecast to say 10% chance of Wyatt Cheng style static rift map challenges coming up.

joesmokey

If they remove the pylons they'd have to reset the leaderboards. That's probably not something they're willing to compromise on at this point. If they remove some of the randomness, I imagine that means it'll make it a bit easier to advance to higher GR, so they won't have to reset. Wild speculation of course.

ZenaxPure

If they remove the pylons they'd have to reset the leaderboards. That's probably not something they're willing to compromise on at this point. If they remove some of the randomness, I imagine that means it'll make it a bit easier to advance to higher GR, so they won't have to reset. Wild speculation of course.

I actually think they plan to periodically reset the leaderboard myself. If you look at your profile in-game and go to your record section (in nonseason) the tab with your records is labelled "2014 - 1". Why would they latch a date onto it unless they planned to have another tab pop up at some point. Why not just call it "Records" like it is in the season tab?

Of course, that is wild speculation on my part as well, but, it seems really weird to me.

Ayumi

What would be a decent reset period for this type of game? Monthly?

Weekly seems a bit "not worth it". If you get a month on the top, you'll have time to improve and ~show off~. lol

Raticus79

Ok, I finally found that that missing detail that was confusing me about why people were pursuing higher breakpoints.

From the "Tao of Sentries" thread:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12945884471#1

Code:
Min APS - Max APS - Sentry FPA - Sentry APS
0.98182 - 1.10204 - 54         - 1.1
1.10205 - 1.25581 - 48         - 1.25
1.25582 - 1.45945 - 42         - 1.42857
1.45946 - 1.74193 - 36         - 1.66666
1.74194 - 2.16    - 30         - 2.0
2.16001 - 2.84210 - 24         - 2.5
2.84211 - 4.15385 - 18         - 3.33333
4.15386 - Cap     - 12         - 5

The measured sentry attacks per second you get from your "pet APS" (char sheet APS x T&T bonus) starts at about 1.10x for the lowest breakpoint and increases to about 1.20x at the 4.15 breakpoint.

It still seems like a very minor difference to me. If there were two characters with identical sheet DPS, both using only Elemental Arrow, but one character got there with 2.843 pet APS while the other got there with 4.154 pet APS, the higher breakpoint character would see less than 5% more DPS from their sentries. If it's actually making a bigger observed difference in practice for those two scenarios, I must still be missing something.

Edit: Here's a chart to try to show what I'm talking about here.
Code:
Sheet DPS - Sheet APS - (damage)    - T&T - Pet APS - Real sentry APS - Sentry DPS (damage x real sentry APS)
1000000   - 1.89474   - 527776.8981 - 1.5 - 2.84211 - 3.33333         - 1759254.568
1000000   - 2.76924   - 361109.9074 - 1.5 - 4.15386 - 5               - 1805549.537
          - 1.46x     -             -     - 1.46x   - 1.50x           - 1.0263x

To add to that, here is the chart showing number of shots fired.

Code:
BP	APS	EA	MS	CA		
Tier 4	1.45946	9	17	9
Tier 5	1.74194	16	16	9
Tier 6	2.16001	25	17	9
Tier 7	2.84211	38	21	9
Tier 8	4.15386	67	25	9

This shows why EA dmg on boots and helm are better at higher BPs.
I think it is based on 30 secs, but can't remember.

Dahbomb

What would be a decent reset period for this type of game? Monthly?

Weekly seems a bit "not worth it". If you get a month on the top, you'll have time to improve and ~show off~. lol
Any time they release a major patch which includes class balance changes, mechanic changes, a bunch of new items and general changes there should be a Leaderboard wipe. Ideally that should also come with a new season.

So if for example tomorrow Blizzard decides to remove Pylons from GRs... they are forced to reset the leaderboards because Pylons impacted GRs so heavily.

MrDaravon

http://www.reddit.com/r/riokou/comments/2fiiwd/d3_dh_m6_theorycrafting_indepth/

Skill damage numbers.

MS is better at breakpoints lower than 2.84, and EA for 2.84 and 4.15. This is mainly because of the skill rotations leaning towards more MS or EA shots at the different breakpoints. Note that EA only surpasses MS in the 2.84 breakpoint when you have more than 5 targets.

Thanks for the link, I actually just came across that same page. I heavily main DH (at something like 1200+ hours on one) but was just completely out of the Diablo loop since about the end of August. This is all more or less what was going on at the time, but I think people weren't really super exploring the 4.15 breakpoint then, and in your link it even says to go EA damage at the 4.15 breakpoint, not the 2.84 one. Still interesting all around though, I rolled into RoS with a really good Kridershot so I was running EA, but this was way before Gifts were introduced and I had already rolled + % damage on it so it's only so-so now.

I'm planning on still spending the rest of this Season maining Crusader, or at least up to the point where mine is really endgame capable (I've got a 5 piece Akkhans + RRoG but that's about it) then in-between seasons I'll go back to my DH. What is interesting now though is initially 1-handers were largely scoffed at but it now seems like people are putting them as comparable or potentially better if you can hit the 4.15 breakpoint, which I'm guessing is where this BL + Helltrapper build is coming from? That IS very interesting to me and I'm going to look into that, I think I have a decent Helltrapper somewhere lol.

Edit: Holy shit, is this the BL + Helltrapper build? http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3DemonHunters/comments/2heuzn/lightning_helltrapper_build_discussion/

That's fucking crazy lol. Love it. Gotta check that out.

Raticus79

Yeah, I definitely recommend giving it a spin. I've been using a generator instead of Punishment since I was often waiting on that cooldown - maybe that works out better with more CDR.

ZenaxPure

That's fucking crazy lol. Love it. Gotta check that out.

It's a fun build, but, god damn playing with people using it has bummed me out. It + an electrified pack straight up lags my game, and I mean real lag, I shoot up to 1k+ ping without fail once the lightning balls start proccing electrified. My poor internet can't handle 30+ lightning balls proccing electrified per second.

Belgorim

Its so weird reading about playstyles here from a HC perspective. We need more HC players in EU btw, I have noone to try out my zdps monk with :)

Are chest pieces the hardest to obtain from Kadala? Been trying to complete a Firebird set even though I've got 5/6 and a RORG.

Feels like the other set pieces are just easier to obtain from her.

Celegus

Are chest pieces the hardest to obtain from Kadala? Been trying to complete a Firebird set even though I've got 5/6 and a RORG.

Feels like the other set pieces are just easier to obtain from her.

Just RNG, but I also had a strangely difficult time trying to get the Firebird chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom