• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

It's still super crazy to me that they don't have event weekends at least once or twice a month, if not every weekend. This season is dragging and they didn't have enough changes in it. They should be having event weekends all the time, like double xp, double gold, double goblins, double gem drops, double mat drops, double rift fragment drops. Hell, starting getting crazy and have weekends where a certain class gets double xp, or bounties in one act are 5 times as good or something.

Gvaz

Banned
I just bought RoS and i entered some weird level called Westmarch, but I see a book of cain and it's blocked off and I can't find a way into that part of the level. Why?

im also confused because im level 47 on expert. I thought I was in act 4 but apparently it bumps you to act 5.

Syntek

It was a bogan/boggit rift, didn't even need a pylon.
PcOIlDe.jpg

Ayumi

Got a SoJ today!

....rolled with lightning and is beyond saveable. :((

So.. I can't use that but, I managed to "fix" my old one a little.
Rolled away fire for CHD. Slight increase in dmg, but at least I got 10% more elite damage now.

Better than nothing, I guess.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I cried on here for many weeks. Finally got a fucking Flying Dragon.
http://i.imgur.com/MTCU2hZ.png

Nice!

I actually got both the things that were left on my to-do list for seasons - Flying Dragon and SWK amulet.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Raticus79-1110/hero/54018042

My FD isn't as quite as good - it had spirit regen and vit on it, so there's still room for improvement there. Rerolled the vit to LPSS and used a gift on it.

I had been hoping for the SWK amulet so I could use Leoric's Crown and have the SWK 4 set bonus going while running 78.5/81% CDR with my dual wield zDPS setup. However, now that I have it, I can see it's pretty pointless - maybe 25 million eDPS, which is insignificant in the only circumstance I would be running it (high GRs supporting the DPS players). So, scratch that hybrid idea. Oh well. My zDPS monk's "done" now. Could go for a better Bul'Kathos ring (only 6% CDR on mine), that's about it. I had originally rerolled CDR onto the amulet, but I'll put a socket there instead now.

The amulet does have one big benefit that took me a bit longer to realize though - I can use Eye of Peshkov now for T6. I have one with 42% (out of 50), and even with that low roll, I already have enough for full uptime with just a helm diamond and Beacon of Ytar. Since breath of heaven's the only thing that really matters for T6, that frees up a ton of room for more DPS and utility in my gearing options. Something fun to work on for a while!

Ingeniero

Finished the campaign ! Lol
At least got good exp, went from P294 to 317 nice.

I think the only thing left for me to improve in my DH is find a better RoRG or a SoJ with socket, all the other parts are decent enough.

Time for a new class I guess.

Shifty76

Peshkov with the swk amulet.. I hate my swk amulet. My current built http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Addnan-2643/hero/38201292 I quite like my current amulet, adds everything and saves me from stupid purple fuckers. How do I make her more powerful, where do I take her next?
129Te1o.png

Most obvious one is to ditch air ally for BoH. Gives FAR more spirit.

Blackthorne pants/boots instead of DD's / IC's. Elite dmg and dmg reduce is huge, and 250 more vit never hurt anyone.

Roll the IAS to CD on that Leo's ring. Replacing that with dbl unity is probably the single biggest thing you could do (GL getting two of em)
Roll life regen on shoulders to CDR.
IAS on gloves to CD.
AR on helm to CC (helm is useless without CC)
Bracers need holy dmg - assume that's what you're trying for, but without a secondary resist and without 6 cc I'd craft a new pair.
Taeguk > Mirinae when using FoT
SW dmg to elite dmg reduce on chest

Addnan

Most obvious one is to ditch air ally for BoH. Gives FAR more spirit.

Blackthorne pants/boots instead of DD's / IC's. Elite dmg and dmg reduce is huge, and 250 more vit never hurt anyone.

Roll the IAS to CD on that Leo's ring. Replacing that with dbl unity is probably the single biggest thing you could do (GL getting two of em)
Roll life regen on shoulders to CDR.
IAS on gloves to CD.
AR on helm to CC (helm is useless without CC)
Bracers need holy dmg - assume that's what you're trying for, but without a secondary resist and without 6 cc I'd craft a new pair.
Taeguk > Mirinae when using FoT
SW dmg to elite dmg reduce on chest

Thanks as ever, making my way through that now. Ran out of blues, fuck me. What should I use with Mirinae?

Shifty76

Thanks as ever, making my way through that now. Ran out of blues, fuck me. What should I use with Mirinae?

If using Quickening you shouldn't be using Mirinae at all due to the lower proc coefficient. Gogok + Taeguk are your gems of choice with Quickening.

Addnan

If using Quickening you shouldn't be using Mirinae at all due to the lower proc coefficient. Gogok + Taeguk are your gems of choice with Quickening.
Cheers. Just started using Taeguk, only a level 3 gem ahhh. Going to need to do lots of damn grifts to get this to same level as mirinae.

Complistic

Right so I started playing again about 2 weeks ago. Thanks to the boost this weekend I'm now level 35 paragon and started doing rifts as a wizard. Masters gotten easy so I've started doing torment 1 with other parties. My spectral blades build has gotten a little weak though. Can anyone recommend me a good melee wizard build? Our a couple so I can see what a few good ones look like? Are there good ones at all?

I can't believe I missed a 100% exp and gold bonus weekend. I've been so glued to Borderlands 2 and the super duper mechromancer class that I forgot all about D3. There goes a weekend of paragon leveling I'll regret missing.

Ayumi

Right so I started playing again about 2 weeks ago. Thanks to the boost this weekend I'm now level 35 paragon and started doing rifts as a wizard. Masters gotten easy so I've started doing torment 1 with other parties. My spectral blades build has gotten a little weak though. Can anyone recommend me a good melee wizard build? Our a couple so I can see what a few good ones look like? Are there good ones at all?
To be fair, Wizard only really has one viable build. Start by collecting all Firebird's drops you get. Although, you'll be able to choose between a few weapons. Make sure to not salvage these: Furnace, Maximus, Serpent Sparker, Sun Keeper.

Also, I don't know what you already have so it would be good of you could link your profile. Same goes for the skills you use, would orefer to see.

You'll want lots of increased fire damage and increased elite damage.

Xanathus

I can't believe I missed a 100% exp and gold bonus weekend. I've been so glued to Borderlands 2 and the super duper mechromancer class that I forgot all about D3. There goes a weekend of paragon leveling I'll regret missing.

Oh man you will regret all that progress bar filling you just missed out on all the way to your death bed.

joesmokey

Roll with whatever common element type you get that synergizes well with the rest of your gear (it doesn't matter, they can all be decently viable mid-tier). Stick with that until you get 6pc Firebird and one of the weapons that Ayumi mentioned before.

For end game, disregard attack speed and look for sockets on rings and amulets (with cc and chd). Value armor/'resist all/vitality over any other miscellaneous stat. Basically go for the raw stats and you can't go wrong. The tri-fecta is irrelevant in the Firebird build.

Ayumi

Believe it or not, I got a SoJ today too! (I got one yesterday.)

Unfortunately...... of course, it rolled with Lightning again. Had it just been Fire, it would've made a very good SoJ.

Oh well...

Any chance Blizz will announce drastic changes to classes at Blizzcon? Im tired of running around just placing turrets on the ground. I want a more active play style where I can dual wield 2 crossbows.

Celegus

Came across this build yesterday and had to try it out, after being unsuccessful in my own attempts to combine the Roland set and bowmen. It's absurdly gear dependent, but I have all the requisite pieces now to make it work. It's a lot more dangerous than a stampede build, but boy is it a lot more fun.

I also gathered up the gear to try out the zpds support Crusader build sometime for higher GRs. I just wish there was a quicker way to change all my skills to switch between all the different builds. I can run stampede, roland bowmen, support, shotgun and soon the condemn build, plus whatever other weird combinations I feel like trying out. Gets a little confusing, but at least my favorite class has plenty of options unlike some others.

Raticus79

Oops, I totally missed Yoshichan's Blizzcon thread. Here it is:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=922186

Here's what the transmogs you get with the virtual ticket look like:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/2kw3w7/blizzcon_2014_weapon_transmog_gifs/

Gul'Dans Secret (Source)
Deadeye's Mace (1H Mace)
The Blackrock Destroyer (2H Mighty Weapon)
Ner'Zhul's Staff of Shadowmoon
Bow of the Lost Warlord
Fist Weapon of the Shattered Hand

The Blackrock Destroyer would be a much better graphic for the Furnace. I think it can be used on one since it has the same animation set as 2H mighty weapons, although you might need to be on a barb to do it.

Addnan

Oh my. I thought the ticket is £10... Thought sure why not. I've spent that kind of money on stupid things before. £24.99. Nooo.

Celegus

Not that I have any interest in buying the virtual ticket thing, but kind of crazy there's no standard 2H weapon transmogs, considering that's what almost everyone uses. Fist, 2H mighty weapon, staves? Can't see those getting a lot of use.

Raticus79

Not that I have any interest in buying the virtual ticket thing, but kind of crazy there's no standard 2H weapon transmogs, considering that's what almost everyone uses. Fist, 2H mighty weapon, staves? Can't see those getting a lot of use.

I was just reading up on it and I think it might be possible to apply the transmog onto 2H axes and maces since they have the same animation set.
Edit: yup, just need to be on a barb to do it. I got the ticket, so I'll try it out and post a screenshot later.

Raptor

Oops, I totally missed Yoshichan's Blizzcon thread. Here it is:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=922186

Here's what the transmogs you get with the virtual ticket look like:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/2kw3w7/blizzcon_2014_weapon_transmog_gifs/

Gul'Dans Secret (Source)
Deadeye's Mace (1H Mace)
The Blackrock Destroyer (2H Mighty Weapon)
Ner'Zhul's Staff of Shadowmoon
Bow of the Lost Warlord
Fist Weapon of the Shattered Hand

The Blackrock Destroyer would be a much better graphic for the Furnace. I think it can be used on one since it has the same animation set as 2H mighty weapons, although you might need to be on a barb to do it.

What transmog is that DH using?

Or is too a part of that ticket thingy?

Fuck wrong Diablo topic lol :(

Raticus79

What transmog is that DH using?

Or is too a part of that ticket thingy?

Fuck wrong Diablo topic lol :(

Standard Marauder's stuff, the helm transmog you get for having a level 70 seasonal character (the evil chocobo helm), and I think maybe Sunwuko for the gloves.

Raptor

Standard Marauder's stuff, the helm transmog you get for having a level 70 seasonal character (the evil chocobo helm), and I think maybe sunwuko for the gloves.

Oh yeah I recognize teh Sunwuku gloves :p that helm though looks badass and funny at the same time.

ZenaxPure

I was just reading up on it and I think it might be possible to apply the transmog onto 2H axes and maces since they have the same animation set.
Edit: yup, just need to be on a barb to do it. I got the ticket, so I'll try it out and post a screenshot later.

Yeah, I have my Furnace transmogged into a mighty weapon on my barbarian (IK weapon to be exact, that constant seizure pulse). Also I have another Furnace transmogged into a staff on my wizard since staves share axe/mace as well.

Raticus79

What is this my friend?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Demo...nk_1_dh_tier_45_is_a_m6_lightning_build_with/

Here's a good profile for it: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VocaloidNyan-1582/hero/35159750
Glass cannon setup relying on Smoke Screen to survive.
He's posted lots of good videos and is often finding new stuff. Good channel to subscribe to - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVocaloidNyan/videos

Meticulous bolts is the starting point for the build. Helltrapper is used because the tons of zaps from self-cast slow ball lightning proc the two additional sentries from Helltrapper quickly, and they're also good for keeping smokescreen up via night stalker. It's the best for higher GR because it's possible to keep seamless smokescreen going for long enough to survive most situations. (it's not really permanent, but it's enough if you're careful)

He's using the crit rune on caltrops instead of a spender or preparation. It requires being more careful about how you pace your self casts, but you get more discipline (and damage) out of each one, and the sentries benefit from the crit chance as well.

I had been trying out a few (less effective) variants on T6 just to get a feel for the options.
- running with a spender instead of preparation:punishment (or caltrops: bait the trap) - a bit easier to play, but weaker
- calamity instead of helltrapper for group support since I had heard it stacked with regular marked for death. With a proc gem equipped like the bleed or poison one, your sentries trigger calamity's M4D. In order for this to make sense, you'd have to be running with a group of people doing enough damage that the extra 20% group makes up for losing the two helltrapper sentries, which probably wouldn't be the case most of the time (especially in public games)
- I also tried dual wielding helltrapper and calamity, which could maybe-sort-of work for fast T6 group runs, but there's probably an entirely different build that works better with those two weapons - more or less standard M6 with calamity, just with the helltrapper instead of the rucksack.

If I buy this next week for the B2G1, will I be fine playing solo/with strangers or is the experience greatly diminished? None of my friends are interested in RoS.

ZenaxPure

If I buy this next week for the B2G1, will I be fine playing solo/with strangers or is the experience greatly diminished? None of my friends are interested in RoS.

Game is made for both, personally I can't stand playing with random people though but it's fine. I play solo mostly myself.

Raticus79

Play with GAF!

Yup, just search for the GAF community and request an invite (and post your battle.net tag if it doesn't match your user name here). We have that going as a more casual "GAF chat" which everyone can get in on for groups. Leveling from 60 to 70 takes like 5 minutes with help these days.

Soloing is nearly as effective as group play thanks to the immortal follower + unity combo. Working with a group helps massively for bounties and ubers, but there are communities set up for that.

By the way, if anyone's doing any power leveling, a great way to approach it is to have the lower level player host on T6, clear bounties (but don't turn in), finish leveling to 70 in a rift, and then do the turn in at 70. You'll both get a level 70 bounty completion out of it. I just did this last night and they got a RoRG on that first try.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/wiki/powerleveling
(there are some optimizations in there about not completing the individual bounties until level 61+ as well, but I didn't bother)

Addnan

Got a demon hunter to 70 today. Zero idea how to play. Have only played my Monk since starting this game, it's so different and I have no equipment. Just using waste stuff from my monk.

Raticus79

Does anyone know when the experience sharing radius was changed to just be in the same zone? I've been going off some old info and that "2/3 the minimap" rule doesn't apply any more. Although the "strength in numbers" buff disappears, and you lose the bonus, people still get experience for kills. I just tried it to make sure and it's definitely working zonewide now - kind of surprised I didn't see that in any notes.

Baliis

So happy I managed that earlier. Got totally screwed on the rift right before it by a double elite winged assassins that both had frozen and thunderstorm, killed me like 6 times and made me fail by like 10 seconds. Game cut me a break on the next one, huge keep depths map with lots of zombies and skeletons.

Ayumi

Does anyone know when the experience sharing radius was changed to just be in the same zone? I've been going off some old info and that "2/3 the minimap" rule doesn't apply any more. Although the "strength in numbers" buff disappears, and you lose the bonus, people still get experience for kills. I just tried it to make sure and it's definitely working zonewide now - kind of surprised I didn't see that in any notes.
Haven't heard anything about a change of range, but I imagine that the bonus XP does decrease with the SiN buff. I know you still get XP for quests/bounties and legs while idling in town. Haven't heard about the XP out of range, but I can imagine you still get XP while out of range, just not as much as with the buff. Maybe they stealth changed it?

So happy I managed that earlier. Got totally screwed on the rift right before it by a double elite winged assassins that both had frozen and thunderstorm, killed me like 6 times and made me fail by like 10 seconds. Game cut me a break on the next one, huge keep depths map with lots of zombies and skeletons.

Wow, congratulations! I had an amazing time and almost a new record as well because of zombies and skeletons. The map I got was basically orgasmic. But then the shitty poison Blighter RG came up and messed up everything.. :<

Edit to prevent double posting:

So, I submitted a ticket to Blizzard after giving up on my latency issue. I was getting EXTREMELY angry about it and had enough. First they suggested the standard troubleshooting I had already done many times. In the end, they realized it was out of my control and ended up admitting a faulty wire/connection on their behalf. Here is what they told me.
I am posting this here to make users aware, because this does not look like something they would normally admit in public. Never have I seen them mention this on the forums either.

Hi Ayumi,

In the last year, we did open Australia servers for those trying to play with South East Asia but that's the only change we've really done. Now, there's been some trouble with the underwater cable going between Japan and Australia for a while, it keeps getting broken and its fixes may still lead to data loss, resulting in higher pings than normal. There may be other issues going on too, which we will need you to post up on our forum threads about it so it gets Developer attention.

Here's the current 'known issues' thread with Diablo III:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4926594436

There's also a large forum post currently ongoing that will likely start seeing data collection by the developers here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14058606312

And there's a funky bug with a workaround specifically for crashing in Rifts:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12674919727

As you can see, I guess there isn't much they can do for me. Which sucks <plural male genitalia>. At least someone from customer service is active in one of those threads so there's still slight hope that they will do something about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom