• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Haven't heard anything about a change of range, but I imagine that the bonus XP does decrease with the SiN buff. I know you still get XP for quests/bounties and legs while idling in town. Haven't heard about the XP out of range, but I can imagine you still get XP while out of range, just not as much as with the buff. Maybe they stealth changed it?

Yeah, I don't think it was posted anywhere. It might not even be intended.

With the game on T6, the lower level player still has that 1600% bonus from T6 and that applies on all kills while out of range (but in the same zone), they just don't get the extra 30% (~2080%) from the strength in numbers buff.

So, for that bounty power leveling method, players can split farm in the same zone to get through the bounties faster and probably level up the lower level player faster overall than if they had all stayed together.

Ayumi

Gski2Qo.png

StMeph

They need to hurry up and end the season already, they're fucking out of their minds if they intend for every season to last this long.

I suppose it's a proxy of how easy it is to level and gear a character now compared to before, because D2 Ladder seasons were MUCH longer.

robochimp

So this just dropped

wDDJOf2.jpg

Roll off Dex, if I want to chase that final sentry breakpoint?

Which leg gem are people using for their number 3 on a ball lightening sentry build? Using Enforcer, bane of the trapped, and conduit gem.

Raticus79

http://i.imgur.com/Gski2Qo.png

The obvious solution here is to get a code consulting job so you can work remotely, then reverse your sleep patterns so you can be in sync with US-GAF.

So this just dropped

http://i.imgur.com/wDDJOf2.jpg

Roll off Dex, if I want to chase that final sentry breakpoint?

Yup, I'd say so.

---

That news about experience sharing is a pretty big deal for the way people run bounties. I wonder how much it slows things down to split up to cover different parts of the same zone and tackle them one of a time - probably worth it to make about 4 times as much experience as doing separate zones.

Ayumi

Yeah, I don't think it was posted anywhere. It might not even be intended.

With the game on T6, the lower level player still has that 1600% bonus from T6 and that applies on all kills while out of range (but in the same zone), they just don't get the extra 30% (~2080%) from the strength in numbers buff.

So, for that bounty power leveling method, players can split farm in the same zone to get through the bounties faster and probably level up the lower level player faster overall than if they had all stayed together.
To be fair, I always made sure to use the Strength in Numbers buff when getting leveled or powerleveling someone, so I can't say I know how the XP is without it. It might have changed since I used it/cared enough to check. If it's intentional then I understand. They haven't even "fixed" the power leveling ways with low level T6 games and what not. There are many things they are greedy about, but I think that this isn't one of them. I'm quite sure they know everything going on. Blizzard is like a jealous girlfriend, making sure to keep tabs on everything online in order to have all the details and advantages for future defense. lol

They need to hurry up and end the season already, they're fucking out of their minds if they intend for every season to last this long.
Pretty sure we can all agree that the next season will NOT be that long. Weird that they would treat this as a public PTR instead of a launch.

ZenaxPure

Pretty sure we can all agree that the next season will NOT be that long. Weird that they would treat this as a public PTR instead of a launch.

Can't really test a season length on PTR accurately (well I mean they could have with how long this patch took but I digress). But anyhow, if we go back to before the patch was out they actually said the first season would probably be longer than any of the others. I wonder if they just wanted it to line up with blizzcon so they went with a longer approach.

joesmokey

So happy I managed that earlier. Got totally screwed on the rift right before it by a double elite winged assassins that both had frozen and thunderstorm, killed me like 6 times and made me fail by like 10 seconds. Game cut me a break on the next one, huge keep depths map with lots of zombies and skeletons.
Nice, that's pretty good.

I've given up on tries after hitting 40 once. I don't have a DH (other than duoing with Serpent) to farm trial keys easily and it's too much of a pain with just a wizard. Once you reach 40+, rifts are way too much RNG based on density, mob type, and rift guardian. You need a lot of keys to keep attempting until you get a good cycle.

Maybe once the season is over I'll use some of my main's gear and make more attempts. Probably more likely to stick with steamrolling t6 rifts though.

Baliis

Nice, that's pretty good.

I've given up on tries after hitting 40 once. I don't have a DH (other than duoing with Serpent) to farm trial keys easily and it's too much of a pain with just a wizard. Once you reach 40+, rifts are way too much RNG based on density, mob type, and rift guardian. You need a lot of keys to keep attempting until you get a good cycle.

Maybe once the season is over I'll use some of my main's gear and make more attempts. PooProbably more likely to stick with steamrolling t6 rifts though.

As long as it's not just winged assassins everywhere, I can usually do pretty well. The 39 I'd done before was mostly act 2 stuff (snakes, wasps,fallen). The 40 i almost did but failed at the end was mostly cultists from act one. Having a DH to get keys with is amazing though, it would take me like 2 hours to work my key up otherwise, and that's if I didn't get screwed by a bad rift along the way. Instead I have a bunch of keys all the way up to 44 to screw around with.

joesmokey

As long as it's not just winged assassins everywhere, I can usually do pretty well. The 39 I'd done before was mostly act 2 stuff (snakes, wasps,fallen). The 40 i almost did but failed at the end was mostly cultists from act one. Having a DH to get keys with is amazing though, it would take me like 2 hours to work my key up otherwise, and that's if I didn't get screwed by a bad rift along the way. Instead I have a bunch of keys all the way up to 44 to screw around with.
39 you can pretty much do with anything. 40+ you're not going to have a fun time without act 1 mobs.

But yeah, trying to level up the trial keys as a wizard is too time consuming. I think I'll hold off GR attempts until Blizzcon and wait until they announce they're doing away with the trials, etc. I really don't feel up to leveling and gearing a DH of my own.

Raticus79

Well, let me know whenever you want to farm up some keys and I can hop on my monk. Should be able to hang in there comfortably with full serenity uptime now.

I noticed that a WD with Thing of the Deep and Grave Injustice can easily keep BBV going the whole time for trials too - don't need the SMK.

Raticus79

Try doing that as a monk :(

5m dps buffed and 100m toughness plus dbl unity and GR39 kicks my ass

Yeah, monks are in a weird place. SWK is great for fast T6 and can hang out in any GR as support with relatively easy-to-get CDR gear, just forget about trying to get far on your own.

Now that I have the flying dragon, I'm actually pretty happy with where my monk's at for regular T6, and I'm one point of CDR short of effectively-perfect gear for the zDPS build. I'll be watching to see if they announce any plans for monk gear at the blizzcon panel.

Going to stick with WD for a while and see if I can get lucky and get an SMK.

ZenaxPure

Yeah, monks are in a weird place. SWK is great for fast T6 and can hang out in any GR as support with relatively easy-to-get CDR gear, just forget about trying to get far on your own.

I'm not sure I'd say SWK is that bad, it's more just that the high 30s (38/39) is your sort of realistic cap as opposed to the early 40s (41/42) the other classes have (minus Raekor barb and M6 DH but those are both fucked for different reasons). Just from personal experience I'd say my biggest problem is not the damage as much as the RNG involved with it. If enemies are clumped up and Flying Dragon is active the damage is really good and consistent. The moment either of those two things drops off it goes downhill fast. It's just a part of the build you have no control of since you can't realistically run with CS and Flying Dragon is just a proc that feels very random.

Anyway, not sure I'd say not to try and progress on your own, 39 seems very obtainable to me (though I probably won't reach it right now as I am not playing a ton each day) and it's not that much lower than most the other class averages (because if we're comparing top numbers the top seasonal monk is 43 so go figure).

Raticus79

I'm not sure I'd say SWK is that bad, it's more just that the high 30s (38/39) is your sort of realistic cap as opposed to the early 40s (41/42) the other classes have (minus Raekor barb and M6 DH but those are both fucked for different reasons).

Oh sure, I'm not really in a position to say much about it since I'm not there yet myself, just echoing the impression I've gotten from people. Why does CS need to be dropped? Making room for another skill or does stuff just kill you when gathered?

ZenaxPure

Oh sure, I'm not really in a position to say much about it since I'm not there yet myself, just echoing the impression I've gotten from people. Why does CS need to be dropped? Making room for another skill or does stuff just kill you when gathered?

Only one free slot really (dashing strike) but honestly I don't think you could run higher GRs without it. Having an escape for ground effects is way too valuable.

Hell if I am being honest as a random example, on 35+ I absolutely can not beat Perendi (the mallet lord RG) without dashing strike. When epiphany is down his melee attack one shots me, I have to time every dash to go behind him to survive. Actually find that pretty satisfying though, so I don't mind it despite feeling like I am shoehorned into having dashing strike. There are a lot of other similar examples.

As for things being gathered, it's actually nice for SWK survivability because it's easy to keep FD up and chain clones which locks down white mobs with the taunt from it (the short duration doesn't matter much when you always have 1 one up). I'd love to run CS, but, I'd just die more without dash.

Ayumi

Yay, 32 → 34!

I'm still lacking a legendary gem in my ammy though, so I doubt I can get any higher than this without that. (Wearing Powerful and Toxin.)

Whydp9s.png

..... as I was writing the above, this dropped:

NusbUKz.png

Rerolled AS into 10% CC and finally got to put in the 3rd leg gem!
Just gotta work on leveling it up. :3

Now I couldn't care less about a new SoJ, at least not for a few days. lol

Shifty76

Just no room for it on the bar. Plus it interrupts your spirit generation due to its animation. Mandatory in the trial though.

Raticus79

Just no room for it on the bar. Plus it interrupts your spirit generation due to its animation. Mandatory in the trial though.

Aha, makes sense. Maybe Blizzard can make cyclone-strike-on-hit as a set bonus somewhere (replacing the cheap SW on Inna's?).

http://i.imgur.com/NusbUKz.png

Gadzooks, post an after-enchantment picture so people can drool over this properly!

---

This clipart t-shirt thread is pretty fun: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=922837

StMeph

NusbUKz.png

Just gotta work on leveling it up. :3

Now I couldn't care less about a new SoJ, at least not for a few days. lol

That's an amazing Cameo.

Ayumi

Thanks guys! I will no longer complain.. at least not for a week, at least!

Here's the finished product. /unzips pants

93iscTx.png

Edit: Added the ranges.

Celegus

Congrats. Now you can say on the forums "what's the big deal about jailer?".

Oh man, I didn't know jailer was also considered arcane. Even better!

Edit: Or do you just mean getting jailed in the path of an arcane laser? I've never found a Countess amulet so not sure what it all covers.

ZenaxPure

Oh man, I didn't know jailer was also considered arcane. Even better!

Edit: Or do you just mean getting jailed in the path of an arcane laser? I've never found a Countess amulet so not sure what it all covers.

Jailer damage is arcane, so is vortex IIRC. Also tornadoes from Kulle (and Saxtris I think) are arcane as well so you can go crazy with them.

Ayumi

Ya you hit the jackpot amulet. You're done with that slot.

So unbelievably happy, because my old TAL was pretty great and I thought I would never get an upgrade that let me use a socket. I've gotten a lot of Elitch, Cameo and TALs but none were better than my current. It was the one thing I was missing.. aside from a SoJ with fire dmg but that seems trivial for now. I'll be able to do 35 now, with a little luck. Almost it. Gotta upgrade my last gem though.

Raticus79

That's terrible! But a part of me believe that the drop rate/history resets once you hit 70.. I dunno why but I always thought that sounded reasonable.

It would be more expensive to maintain any history at all. It's most likely completely random. Just as likely that another furnace would drop on the next drop as one 10,000 kills from now.

ZenaxPure

I forgot that today is the first day of BlizzCon. The "What's Next" D3 panel starts at 2:15 pm pacific time.

Yeah, already a little bit of new info from the off stage demo stuff I guess, was posted on diablofans.

Off-Stage info:
New Armor Sets: (from playable demo)
Barbarian: Whirwind and Rend
Demon Hunter: Multishot - 6 Piece Set: Gain 2 Discipline from Generators, Fires 2 Rockets each Multishot.
Wizard: Slow Time - Enemies in Slow Time take 1250% weapon damage per second. Energy Twister, Magic Missiles and Frozen Orb deal bonus damage to enemies in Slow Time. Slow Time cooldown is reduced by 2 seconds when casting spells.
New area: Sesheron (old Barbarian capital, now snowy ruins) along with new monster types. (from playable demo)
New Rift Guardian: Rat King. (from playable demo)
New types of Treasure Goblins, some of which drop Blood Shards, others gems and others again drop crafting materials and plans. (from playable demo)
Changes to Sunwuko set to be less spammy but not obviously weaker. (from playable demo)

Being updated every few minutes or so I guess, that is what is there now.

ZenaxPure

New monster types along the lines of Act4/5 mobs? Please say no...

I'm curious what type of mobs it will be. I don't really mind act 4/5 mobs that much, it's just specifically corrupted angels, anarchs, and winged assassins that annoy me, others are just whatever. As long as the new enemies aren't as annoying as those 3 then cool.

ZenaxPure

Slow Time changes sound great. Please give my godlike Gesture of Orpheus a home Blizz!

Saw this posted on the wizard forums, sounds like that man is actually there i guess posting or something.

New Wiz Set

2-Piece causes Arcane Orb, Energy Twister, Magic Missile, and Shock Pulse to reduce the cooldown on Slow Time by 1 sec.

4-Piece causes Slow Time to inflict 1250% damage every second to enemies.

6-Piece Arcane Orb, Energy Twister, Magic Missile, and Shock Pulse deal 500% more damage to enemies affected by Slow Time.

New item – Crown of the Primus causes Slow Time to gain the effects of all runes.

That actually sounds pretty fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom