• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

So what's everyone going to roll for season 4? I was planning on going Barb again because I'm lazy and wanna spin-to-win but DH is looking good too with Yang's Recurve but it looks like so much more work to play.

Was planning on having another Crusader, but Witch Doctor seems to have gotten a ton of changes since I last played mine. Looks like there's a lot of build variety so that should be fun starting fresh on seasons.

MrDaravon

Here's a video of the zDPS regen monk in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnIj7rCJero

Build guide: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/57533-quin69-gr74-healing-monk-group-only

HOTA barb is looking pretty solid for DPS there too. Might go for that instead of Uliana monk. Still haven't settled on my main DPS class.

Other build guides: https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/3ih0hn/deadsets_guides_to_23/
I'll just copy it here since this is a really good overview.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Deadset's build guides:

BARBARIAN

Whirlwind Bul’Kathos
The heir of the top performer in S3, this guide is more evolutionary than anything else, properly reflecting the power spike from Kanai’s Cube and Bane of the Stricken. The recommendations reflect the newfound power of Area Damage, so intricacies can still be found – but to put it simply: if a better, meaner Whirlwind build is what you’re after, this is it.

Rend Immortal King
In 2.2, Rend was often maligned as a tacked on oddity in Wrath of the Wastes, but by implementing the reworked Immortal King and dipping your toe into the WotW bonuses, a true Rend playstyle is allowed to emerge in Patch 2.3. Bloodbaths, AoEs and spreading DoTs are the name of the game for this build.

Hammer of the Ancients Immortal King
A vanilla favorite, Hammer of the Ancients was long regarded as a beginner skill in Reaper of Souls. With the flexible goodness of the Immortal King set and tailored legendaries like Fury of the Ancients, Bracers of the First Men and Gavel of Judgment, Hammer of the Ancients propels to the endgame and proves Barbarians are not just one trick AoE ponies.

CRUSADER

Blessed Hammer Seeker of the Light
Tugging at some nice Diablo 2 nostalgia, the Hammerdin playstyle returns through the Seeker of the Light set. If you’re a fan of screen-filling projectiles, mid-range fighting and the general ‘mage knight’ feel, this build might be right up your alley.

DEMON HUNTER

Multishot Unhallowed Essence
You can tell John Yang is a DH main not only by the name of the new bow, but its OP affixes as well – almost singlehandedly carrying the Multishot build into endgame viability. :p If you enjoyed the speedfarm playstyle in 2.2 and wanted it to work for progression, or you’d simply like a traditional ranged spray-and-pray, look into this.

Natalya Rain of Vengeance
A lightning variant emerged during the 2.3 PTR, and many liked and adopted it for the convenience of the huge AoE. If you ever wanted to play a tankier Demon Hunter that can take a hit and punish back, now is the best time to try the Natalya set – Hatred management is easier than ever.

MONK

Uliana’s Strategem Seven-Sided Strike
One of the coolest looking builds in 2.3, and surprisingly intricate with its critless setup, Uliana can easily win you over – but you have to invest time in Season 4! Hinging on the power of Lion’s Claw, this explosions-heavy build finally brings Seven-Sided Strike into viable territory.

Shenlong’s Crippling Wave
Simplicity can be devastatingly effective, as proven by this generator-only build. With its powers elevated sky-high, Crippling Wave will pummel your foes as you balance the Spirit generation-dumping mechanic of the reworked Shenlong’s fist weapons.

WITCH DOCTOR

Carnevil DoD Zunimassa
One of the biggest beneficiaries of Kanai’s Cube, Carnevil Witch Doctors are well on their way to show what the class is capable of. If summons, devastating poison damage and easier pet management sound like your thing, take a look at one of the top performers in the PTR.

Acid Cloud Helltooth
Helltooth is a thorn in the Witch Doctor loot table no more, as this top-to-bottom rework now adds an endgame playstyle Witch Doctors sorely needed. If you ever wanted to whittle down your foes with crippling DoTs and watch them corrode as they try to approach you, look no further.

WIZARD

Archon Vyr
Another D3 classic, the Archon makes a mean return with the rework to the underdeveloped Vyr set. With a unique power up – unleash –repeat playstyle, the new Archon Wizard brings melee-range destruction to a new level. If spellcasting right into the thick of the fight seems unthinkable for your squishy Wizard, this is the build that will make you reconsider

Man this stuff looks great. So goddamn salty I can't play soon. The temptation to go buy a PC somewhere at retail tomorrow and pay way too much for too little is rising :p

SourBear

Banned
What would you guys run for a monk generator build in a 4-man group. Basically I have a group of guys I play with at lunch but we don't really try and synergize our builds together. We just like having fun running as high GR as we can but don't take it too seriously.

But without Unity how do I make a generator build that can survive?

Dahbomb

What would you guys run for a monk generator build in a 4-man group. Basically I have a group of guys I play with at lunch but we don't really try and synergize our builds together. We just like having fun running as high GR as we can but don't take it too seriously.

Use Simplicity's strength with the 2+% heal per hit perk, Spirit Guards, String of Ears, CDR for Epiphany and then a bunch of Life on Hit along with a Cyclone Strike that freezes the opponent. Then you need Ancient Parthan Defenders in the Cube. Beyond that Mantra of Retribution - Agility rune and Dashing Strike - Cold rune for maximum dodge.

I am sure there are more stuff you can put on your character for more survivability but this is the general gist of it. Quin made a Monk build where it maximized on vitailty/life % to get maximum benefit out of Simplicity Strength and high attack speed for really high survivability (used stuff like Earth Ally).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
finally got the fetiche spawning belt, cant have 15 up on my carnevil build tho, always 11-12ish :/

using 2 mana spenders with 8sec cooldown each so I guess by the time the the 10th or so would come out the 60secs on the first one have passed. hmph

KarmaCow

Is there anyone in the NeoGAF clan that could add me? My Bnet ID is KarmaCow#1953, the overflow clan I was in seemed pretty dead and I'd like to be in the clan for this new season.

I can't believe I didn't save a Furnace to melt with my cube. Damn.

I have a shitty furnace I saved thankfully

Not sure what I want to run for season. I've ran monk so many times. I've played WD and DH fairly extensively. Wiz I tinkered around a bit. The only classes I really haven't ran are the STR ones. The only character I don't have to 70 is a barb.

Not sure what I want to do.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

I'd say try a generator monk with Inna's 4pc using components from that zDPS support generation build I mentioned. (regen pet, crudest boots, regen gem)
It trades off a fair bit of your own damage in exchange for group healing and buffing their damage. It's fun to include Uliana's 2pc as well for free explosions.

I have a shitty furnace I saved thankfully

Not sure what I want to run for season. I've ran monk so many times. I've played WD and DH fairly extensively. Wiz I tinkered around a bit. The only classes I really haven't ran are the STR ones. The only character I don't have to 70 is a barb.

Not sure what I want to do.

Seismic slam barb would be pretty fun. Just trying to find out how it stacks up against HOTA for damage. They were pretty close in PTR, but more people are talking about HOTA lately.

I'm coming back to the game after not playing since the launch of Reaper. I have a level 70 Wizard with no decent gear so I'm a little confused by what exactly should I be doing and what build should I be using?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whats the maximum amount of "dmg from all sources" you can get on a WD, and also "enemy does % less dmg"?

off the top of my head:

buff:

haunt with poison rune 20%
necrosis from new 2p helltooth 20%
piranhas 15%
dogs with cold rune 15%
hex 30% but bosses cant be hexed so I guess it doesnt count

debuff

bad medicine 25%
wall of death 15%

am I missing some? still want to try a silly buffbot build for coop

ZenaxPure

Seismic slam barb would be pretty fun. Just trying to find out how it stacks up against HOTA for damage. They were pretty close in PTR, but more people are talking about HOTA lately.

I def saw a few videos of people doing low GR 60s with a SS build during the PTR but yeah not seeing a lot of people talk about it right now. Oh well, personally SS doesn't interest me too much as it has always felt like a less interesting HoTA to me (as it doesn't share the same cool crit mechanic HoTA has) and since most of the Barb skill set is centered around melee abilities you kinda just have less skills you can take alongside it.

SS is a skill that needs its own set imo. Preferably something based around SS and avalanche since that is the one single ranged attack (that isn't a spender) that we have. Just makes too much sense.

Baliis

whats the maximum amount of "dmg from all sources" you can get on a WD, and also "enemy does % less dmg"?

off the top of my head:

buff:

haunt with poison rune 20%
necrosis from new 2p helltooth 20%
piranhas 15%
dogs with cold rune 15%
hex 30% but bosses cant be hexed so I guess it doesnt count

debuff

bad medicine 25%
wall of death 15%

am I missing some? still want to try a silly buffbot build for coop

BBV has a flat increase doesn't it?

So, I managed to finish a GR lvl 58 with my Barb, which isn't anything special with a HotA build it seems, but overall, I may be burned out already. Upgrades are mostly possible if I get ancient versions of my items but while it's possible to farm for that now with the new bounty mats, it's still a considerable grind, unless you've got a good 4 man group at the ready. Out of ~11 reforging attempts I got one ancient item. 55, so roughly 7 complete act runs.

It feels like extreme rerolling with simply much higher stakes. If you lose, the cruelty of RNG is just the more apparent.

Either way, it's good to have these new options now. However, I personally have played way too much D3 in the past for these updates to light my enthusiasm for more than a couple days.

Dahbomb

I'm coming back to the game after not playing since the launch of Reaper. I have a level 70 Wizard with no decent gear so I'm a little confused by what exactly should I be doing and what build should I be using?
You should probably look towards acquiring the Kanai's Cube then fill it with appropriate Legendaries to the class. Then hunt for the 6 piece set for Wizards (Tal Rashas, Delsere's Magnum Opus and the Vyr's 6 piece + Chantodo's set) plus a few Legendaries. You should also do some do some Greater Rifts to acquire the Legendary gems to put in your rings and amulets (which means that you want all rings and amulets to have sockets in them). And do some bounties to collect crafting mats for the Kanai's cube as you can do stuff like transform a Rare item into a Legendary type (so you can convert a bow into a Kridershot).

Hunt for Legendaries in Greater Rifts and the more you push, the higher the chance. Higher GRs also reward with better chance to upgrade your Legendary gems which would should at least have them be at lvl 25. Keep fine tuning your build until you get to Torment X and after that it's more min and maxing to push greater rifts.

Rhaknar

I just got the cube, how do you use this thing?

Not to be a dick but it's completely self explanatory :/

Just put the items on each recipe in the square spaces and hit transmute. The recipes are on the book on the bottom

Sarcasm

Ah yes.

Well this is coming from a guy who couldn't even find the map to get the cube, even after talking to deep voice guy. Had to join a friend's game.

Sarcasm

Map? I just ran around till I found it. Are you talking about the waypoint?

Yea the ruins of sar(something) wasn't even on my waypoints.

So I udnerstand recipes and that the power is basically the orange text of whatever it does (like heal X after x).

But how do you use it? Cause I don't have runes and stuff to try it. Can you do more than one enchantment?

Rhaknar

If you're talking about removing the legendary effects it destroys the item and adds the effect to a list from which all your characters can use it

You can use a weapon effect, a gear effect and a jewelry effect.

Jedi2016

Is there any benefit to farming bounties for mats at higher levels? Or would it be just as well to do them at a lower difficulty (T4-6) to get them done quicker?

Sarcasm

If you're talking about removing the legendary effects it destroys the item and adds the effect to a list from which all your characters can use it

You can use a weapon effect, a gear effect and a jewelry effect.

IS that power re-usable or one time if you put it on something else? You can choose recipes right? Cause I got some items and transmute popped up.

kmfdmpig

Is there any benefit to farming bounties for mats at higher levels? Or would it be just as well to do them at a lower difficulty (T4-6) to get them done quicker?

T7 is the sweet spot as it gives more materials 6 (+6 for bonus) I think so unless it's slow going you'll get mats faster on T7.

Rhaknar

IS that power re-usable or one time if you put it on something else? You can choose recipes right? Cause I got some items and transmute popped up.

After you have the power in the cube you can use it whenever you want and change it freely

T7-10 gives 4 mats from the cache so T7 is the sweet spot

Edit: just realised cube powers will be huge for badly geared alts. My crusader and wizard are only in T2 and barely have any sets or anything so I bet that 50% vs elites from furnace for example will help a lot

So I'm going to try the Seasons thing out for the very first time starting with this new one. If I understand correctly, the character you create is only tied to the current season? The items and stats you collect don't affect the "regular" game at all, right?

At the end of the season, your items will be useable in the normal game though? What about your character? He/she just disappears?

In the season, do you just play through the same content as a normal game?

Rhaknar

So I'm going to try the Seasons thing out for the very first time starting with this new one. If I understand correctly, the character you create is only tied to the current season? The items and stats you collect don't affect the "regular" game at all, right?

At the end of the season, your items will be useable in the normal game though? What about your character? He/she just disappears?

At the end of the season the character becomes a normal character and everything he/she has carries over. And yes you just do the usual content

Dahbomb

Yeah the item/stats you collect don't affect the regular game.

At the end of the seasons your items and character will be usable in the main game. All your stuff will get carried including Paragon points into the main game.

Yeah it's the same content although with some additional Legendaries and gems.

Sober

Season works just like normal/hardcore stuff does with regards to stash/paragon/craftsmen and other things.

You basically start the game fresh at level 1, as if it were day 1. Seasons always have some unique legendaries per class that changes things up a bit or shakes up the builds you can employ. Usually also other legendaries that are season-only, along with other rewards for playing season.

When the season ends everything gets rolled into normal/hardcore respectively and all the season-exclusive loot will start to drop in regular play. Characters are just no longer legendary.

The only thing about seasons is you don't have to play story mode from the beginning. And with how rifts work this patch/season you can basically level off rifts alone or start straight there from the beginning.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
what time does the season start? Also, I appear to have bbeen booted from the gaf clan ;_;

ElyrionX

Kanai's Cube is a really slow way to help manage and minimize my newly full non-season inventory. Kudos Blizzard.

The cube doesn't really help manage inventories. There's still going to be a ton of items you need in case you need different attributes like CDR for specific builds.

Radec

The cube doesn't really help manage inventories. There's still going to be a ton of items you need in case you need different attributes like CDR for specific builds.

yep. it even make your inventory more clutter since you're going to keep legs until you have the mats to extract them.

Instro

Could I get an invite into the clan? Was in there ages back but I imagine I got dropped due to inactivity at some point or another. Instro#1795

Quick question about act-specific mats: Do they only drop at level 70?

They drop at all levels I believe, but you get less early on, I think. I haven't actually bothered checking how many you get at lower level, I would assume something like 1 per box + 1 for bonus, or potentially none for bonus box. Still that's not too bad and if you don't care about maximum leveling efficiency, doing a few round of bounties can be a nice way to have some materials to use the kanai cube right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom