• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo immortal releasing on June 2

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Given you have a Diablo avatar and post this, are you hyped for this or do you hate it?

Just curious.

anthony2690

Banned
Doesn't look bad from the trailer.
Wonder how it will be from the usual diablo experience, noticed it's now coming to pc as well.

Jennings

IT'S ABOUT TIME

Assuming it won't run on my current one, it's time to buy a new phone. I'm still using a Samsung Galaxy S6 active, from 2015.

I think it's lame they want to put this on PC. Who wants to play a mobile game on PC when we've already got the superior Grim Dawn there?

Last edited:

Hari Seldon

Ohhh coming to PC with cross play and progression makes hype levels rise dramatically. I’m guessing this is going to pop off big considering they have had this in dev for way longer than they probably wanted to.

nikos

Controller support on mobile and PC, mouse & keyboard support on PC including WASD movement. Should have ultrawide support considering it's on mobile.

Really looking forward to this.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
I'm actually so excited about this.

It looks like a solid Diablo game with Destiny type of open world/social activities.

So why were consoles shafted ? , Is PS5 and series x not strong enough ?
This on all platforms with crossplay and cross progression can be huge

Been looking forward to this. Having a diablo game on phones, and now also PC with some cross progression is a no-brainer. It's going to make that poopy diaper tantrum age even worse from the "fans".

Barakov

We don't have phones but we do have PCs.
Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

Scotty W

So why were consoles shafted ? , Is PS5 and series x not strong enough ?
This on all platforms with crossplay and cross progression can be huge
Just an anecdote.

In Vietnam, almost no one has a console, and everyone plays games on their phones. That is a massive and basically untapped market. There must be many other markets like that.

Just an anecdote.

In Vietnam, almost no one has a console, and everyone plays games on their phones. That is a massive and basically untapped market. There must be many other markets like that.
Ofcouurse but the console market is huge ,I can bet my ass this can be easily 1080p 60 fps on a PS4 and 4k on the next gen machines

Scotty W

Ofcouurse but the console market is huge ,I can bet my ass this can be easily 1080p 60 fps on a PS4 and 4k on the next gen machines
It is huge, but tiny compared to the smartphone market. I have seen teenagers in the middle of the jungle addicted to their smartphones. Sure, the console market is expanding, but it is nothing compared to a billion Asians suddenly coming online.

I would personally prefer Blizzard stick to PC and console, but from a financial perspective, making a game especially for phones makes financial sense.

drotahorror

Controller support on mobile and PC, mouse & keyboard support on PC including WASD movement. Should have ultrawide support considering it's on mobile.

Really looking forward to this.

That's good to know. I really like playing ARPG's with WASD.

Tbh idk why it’s getting shit on a lot. Looks like a great game for iPhones, I’m definitely going to play it. It’s been a while since I’ve seen a good iPhone game

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Given you have a Diablo avatar and post this, are you hyped for this or do you hate it?

Just curious.
Let’s be real…if you are a Diablo fan you get hype for ANYTHING you can get your hands on.

I think the game is going to be great and I am looking forward to it. Since I really REALLY enjoyed D3 l I think D:I is going to take a ton of my gaming time.

The_Mike

Let’s be real…if you are a Diablo fan you get hype for ANYTHING you can get your hands on.

I think the game is going to be great and I am looking forward to it. Since I really REALLY enjoyed D3 l I think D:I is going to take a ton of my gaming time.
I'm a Diablo fan, but Diablo 3 and other modern Blizzard products has made me lost all hope.

Why don't play de instead of a mobile game?

That's like saying why play call of duty when there's a mobile version.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Phone guy said it is the biggest Diablo experience ever. It's nice to have it on Pc. I will give it a chance. What can go wrong with a free game?

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I'm a Diablo fan, but Diablo 3 and other modern Blizzard products has made me lost all hope.
I don't understand this point of view.

Did D3's inclusion of an Auction house ruin D3 for you? Was it a lack of PVP? Did you not like the skill system?

D3 has so much content now, and while I am biased toward D3 I have spent thousands of hours playing D1 and D2, I don't understand where the disappointment comes from, or maybe more accurately, I don't know why I like it so much and have played it for as long as I have without seeing all the issues.

The_Mike

I don't understand this point of view.

Did D3's inclusion of an Auction house ruin D3 for you? Was it a lack of PVP? Did you not like the skill system?

D3 has so much content now, and while I am biased toward D3 I have spent thousands of hours playing D1 and D2, I don't understand where the disappointment comes from, or maybe more accurately, I don't know why I like it so much and have played it for as long as I have without seeing all the issues.
Different strokes for different folks.

Plantoid

I'm going to play it, i have an old snapdragon 865 powered smartphone but it should be enough, I need something to play at work when I'm tired of xcloud offerings

Last edited:

BlueHawk

Neo Member
I’m very excited for this.
I’ve noticed lately some mobile games are catching up to console/pc quality in some ways. LoL Wild Rift+Apex Legends for examples are both amazing and I prefer them over their PC, and Console respectively.

Top Bottom