• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo immortal releasing on June 2

jaysius

Banned
People who complain about loot boxes don’t seem to consider games like Hearthstone or Magic The Gathering to be the same for some reason.
That Gwent game was amazing in Witcher 3, but it really went to pure shit when they involved real world money.

The way it looks like they've dumbed down the stats to basically 2 numbers make Immortal look really shitty.

This is a dumb and bad way to "keep the IP fresh" until Diablo 4, this will probably ruin the IP for many people.

Jennings

No Diablo Immortal for me, it hates my phone. This is fine though because now I won't be tempted to spend money on it.

14lThzS.png

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
My excitement waned when I realized it was an MMO.

Will still check it out since it’s free but I kinda hate that whole MMO aspect. Wish I could play through Destiny for instance without randoms in my game.

Goalus

I don’t get why anyone who has access to Diablo 3 would be excited about this?
So you want a watered down carbon copy that is inferior in every way with egregious, predatory pay to win elements tacked on?

alright then. have fun.
oh wow the shitty mobile game has "new" content? it must be worth your time then. enjoy mindless consumption because it has a brand you recognize plastered on it.
That sounds almost unhealthy.
Don't you have a phone?

rubenburgt

Why would they put a game out in a country where it cannot make any money?
Because it is still possible to make money?

Those countries have strong rules only against loot boxes. Every other form of microtransactions, such as cosmetic items, are still possible. Heck, even lootboxes are still possible. At least, in the Netherlands. They just need to be a bit more open about it.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Plays pretty good. Looks great in my iPhone 11 Pro. This will probably be a big deal for mobile gamers.

Apple would be wise to try to get on Apple TV’s as well.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Plays pretty good. Looks great in my iPhone 11 Pro. This will probably be a big deal for mobile gamers.

Apple would be wise to try to get on Apple TV’s as well.
i assumed all iOS games worked on the Apple TV but yeah definitely get it on there ASAP :)

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Kind of hilarious how the game has gone from a meme to being this good.
the initial backlash was stupid. i get not everyone likes mobile games but i can't blame blizzard for wanting to put out a mobile game. there is a fuck load of $ to be made. i think at the time people were just wanting info on D4 and a D2 remake and got pissed off when they announced a mobile game. maybe Blizzard could've timed it better but at the same time i think the negative response has pushed them to make it as good as they can. it really shows so far. i know it's still early and we'll need to see how the "end game" is and just how much you need to spend to progress. so far as good. it's fun.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
my ipad was downloading shit in the background for the game and it's tanked my entire network. trying to download the latest genshin update and it's so slow. i've deleted it on my ipad for now until the servers calm down. i already have it preloaded on PC so i'll play that tomorrow for a few days and redownload on mobile :D

Nico_D

So it just forces the skills on you? No choice? Or is this still tutorial?

I guess it is a fine game for what it is but not sure how long I'm going to keep it.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Diablo Immortal review in progress by Cam Shea, on iOS with iPad Gen 9 (2021).

"I've only just started on my Diablo Immortal journey, but I like what I've played so far. The combat feels potent and weighty, with plenty of skill options for building out rounded and fun combat approaches. The story moves along at a brisk pace, opening up new zones steadily, while the many character progression systems ensured that I felt like I was always making progress and growing more powerful. And with more than 20 hours of microtransaction-free gameplay behind me, there's clearly a lot of content to enjoy before you need to consider spending money, so this is very much a game you can try before you buy. Of course, it's too early to say whether that's too good to be true for the endgame as well, which is why I'm not yet comfortable slapping down a provisional score here. That kind of thing can cast a dark pall over even a great game."

Josemayuste

The game tries really hard to grab your cash, that being said, gameplay is addictive and controls very good for a mobile game, art style is on point, even though it reclyces some Diablo 3 assets I think, I think that it is a good approach to the mobile market, it may find its audience.

story wise this feels like it takes place between D2 and D3? kinda cool, I've been playing D2R a lot so it's neat to play a game that continues the story where D2 left off

not a huge fan of D3, and this feels a lot like D3 to me, but we'll see. might get more sucked in depending on whether my friends pick it up.

as is, it seems like if I'm gaming on my TV I'd rather play D2R, and if I'm playing on my couch or something away from TV I'd rather use my Switch.

I don't game in public, so I don't see a huge appeal to mobile games, but it does feel fairly polished and the controls are surprisingly good

Last edited:
I am genuinely enjoying the game so far. It feels like an evolution of Diablo 3. I keep waiting for the mobile, microtransaction pay to win wall shoe to drop but.. that hasn't happened yet. The main story feels like a genuine truly developed Diablo game.

I'm sure it'll show it's true colors in the end game, but for now? This is easily worth a download and your time, it's fun.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Anyone making an OT?

Runs great on my iPad Air 4th Gen. I was one of those weirdos who enjoyed D3 at launch so this is hitting the spot for now, though I do wonder how the marketplace is going to play out.

Flintty

The game is pretty decent and will scratch my Diablo itch til D4, but fuck touch controls on phones, and fuck the small screen. Looking forward to sinking a few hours into it on PC.

It does. It's a prequel to D3.
And the story + writing are just as bad as D3 so far

I had forgotten how bad the current Diablo writers are until this game smacked me over the head with Evil Necromancer Lady, straight out of a Saturday morning cartoon.

Good thing the gameplay is solid, and controls well with a controller. Sure am looking forward to play it on PC, though!

Last edited:
12 . something GB when you get all of the stuff downloaded. Pretty large game.
I notice it has voice acting which is suprising for a mobile game.

People mocking this game over the last three years suddenly got real quiet.

What do you mean?
It's still a sh*t game and a worse Diablo abusing the good name of a once beloved franchise to lure players into their predatory pay 2 win mechanics.

The only fools defending this are braindead mobile phone junkies who are already used to being exploited by their crappy mobile gatcha games.

nikos

Really enjoying this so far. Played on iPhone 13 Pro Max with Backbone One controller as well as iPad Pro with DualSense 5. Both work really well. That said, the touch controls are also really good. Looking forward to playing on PC tomorrow, which is my preferred choice.

I've tried countless mobile games and few have kept my interest for long. I think this will definitely be one of them as long as the gameplay loop is fun. So far, the game is really good.

iOS install says 3.5 gig but it must be more from what people are saying
I think the first section of the game is 3.5 gigs but the download section had many more chapters for whopping 12 GB.
Took all day on my works wifi to download it all. I'm sure the boss will love that.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Really enjoying this so far. Played on iPhone 13 Pro Max with Backbone One controller as well as iPad Pro with DualSense 5. Both work really well. That said, the touch controls are also really good. Looking forward to playing on PC tomorrow, which is my preferred choice.

I've tried countless mobile games and few have kept my interest for long. I think this will definitely be one of them as long as the gameplay loop is fun. So far, the game is really good.

I'll play primarily on PC but I like the idea of having it on my iPhone and iPad to pick up where I left off on the PC if I want to.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
What do you mean?
It's still a sh*t game and a worse Diablo abusing the good name of a once beloved franchise to lure players into their predatory pay 2 win mechanics.

The only fools defending this are braindead mobile phone junkies who are already used to being exploited by their crappy mobile gatcha games.
Pssst.. it’s not a shit game.. it plays like *looks around and whispers in secret .. Diablo 3 .

But seriously.. it’s a good game minus any MTX. It’s not Diablo 4 of course but it never was meant to be. I’m just surprised that it’s not only on the level of Diablo 3 but surpasses it in some areas like better skills for characters.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Pssst.. it’s not a shit game.. it plays like *looks around and whispers in secret .. Diablo 3 .

But seriously.. it’s a good game minus any MTX. It’s not Diablo 4 of course but it never was meant to be. I’m just surprised that it’s not only on the level of Diablo 3 but surpasses it in some areas like better skills for characters.

Low level Wizard is a lot more fun than in D3 so far.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
My character was invisible, the characters at the main screen were invisible, and I closed it thinking it would help. The game kept crashing whenever I tried opening it up and it crashed when I hit the “repair” button. I’ve uninstalled the game and will wait for Diablo IV. Not saying this isn’t good or anything.

It's literally pay 2 win crap:

You guys need some standards and self-respect instead of playing this obvious cash grab.

Top Bottom