• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo immortal releasing on June 2

1) Being able to jump between the phone for short bursts and PC is fantastic.
2) looks and plays as well as D3
3) hits feel weighty

Certainly worth your time if your a Diablo fan just for the cross save and progression alone.

He was spooging over Lost Ark, which is even worse. But of course that doesn't matter because it's not Blizzard and it doesn't get him the views that shitting on Blizzard does.
Lost Ark can get f*cked too!
Besides it's also the reason why he stopped playing that game.

It's literally pay 2 win crap:

You guys need some standards and self-respect instead of playing this obvious cash grab.

I don't understand why some people are obsessed with how others decide to spend their money.

people will be able to enjoy this game without sinking serious money into it. if you personally can't enjoy a game because you're angry that other people are getting an advantage from spending real life currency, that's on you.

the gameplay seems fun and I don't see any paywalls that will prevent you from playing the game and having a good time.

and this is coming from someone who likely won't be playing this as I have D2R

DavidGzz

I messed around with a guest account and it feels really good, still can't log in to my account to play it so I guess I'll wait until they get that fixed...

Plantoid

How are you guys able to play this game? it won't let me connect to the server. Is it playable only on PC for now?
I played about 1hour today at work, didn't found any issues, just selected a random server and hit play

I'm getting 99ms ping playing through 4g, pretty viable to me, at home through 5ghz wifi it's giving me 30ms

Controls feel great, can't max the game since I have an old s20 but it's by far the best mobile game I have ever played

Still, not the same as a full fledged diablo game, but beyond great for a mobile game

MayauMiao

I find it funny that this game won't be released in The Netherlands and Belgium because those countries have stronger rules against loot boxes.

This alone tells me how heavily this game will focus on microtransactions.
Smart move and pretty much says about the game, pay to win.

Why would they put a game out in a country where it cannot make any money? there is 0 indication of what their like, if you have a f2p model with random drops, you can’t be in that country. that’s all it says.
Random drops? It shouldn't be considered random given how likely it will heavily favoring the drops to whales.

amigastar

Tell me more about this mod. I really liked what I played if grim dawn.
It's really great, it's basically a recreation of Diablo 2 in Grim Dawn. You can choose the original D2 classes and mix them with Grim Dawn Classes. It adds so much to the game. The map is close to the original in D2 but with extra touches here and there. It has all the quests from Diablo 2.

Last edited:

hinch7

I played the tutorial and it was kinda fun - and a little easy. Then dropped into the game world and instantly greeted by daily loot shenanigans.

No thanks lol. I knew what I was getting into but Blizzard, please.

Last edited:

Greirat

No thanks lol. I knew what I was getting into but Blizzard, please.
Old Blizzard would never have put out a game like this. Mike Morhaime used to talk about never making "brand withdrawals" where you sacrifice your long term reputation for some quick cash. Hitting a paywall and having to spend money to progress will definitely leave a sour taste in people's mouths. I don't understand how this bait and switch trick can work on people more than once. Not to mention the PvP where you'll get absolutely destroyed by people that have spent thousands of dollars to have over double the health and damage.

drotahorror

I was in the middle of downloading and watched a few videos explaining how the microtransactions work etc. No fucking way. This is predatory to the max and one of the worst examples of pay to win I've seen. No wonder it was banned in a couple contries.

DavidGzz

So few people complaining about the issues I'm having. I guess I have to wait for the PC version because I still can't log in. I've changed passwords, unlocked my account that wasn't even locked, etc. This sucks.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
You cannot transfer characters across servers? Fuck! Now we gotta decide who between I or my girlfriend loses their progress. We started on different servers.

Belthazar

I deleted this when it started downloading like 11GB into my phone. That's very unreasonable for a mobile game.

The game is super fun absolutely loved it I'm lvl 27 demon hunter nothing pay to win bs yet , just give it a go looks and plays exceptional on my phone.
Absolutely loving it , fuck the haters who haven't even played it them selves and are making opinions on stupid YouTube videos

ladders are 1 month?

I only spent like 10 hours playing d3 but have thousands of hours in D2/D2R

how is a 1 month ladder a good idea? am I missing something? in d2, when the ladder resets you basically start from scratch again if you want to play ladder, and the non ladder economy is pretty much dead

people are investing so heavily money/time wise only to restart from scratch in a month?

D2R the ladder is several months

whyman

It's literally pay 2 win crap:

You guys need some standards and self-respect instead of playing this obvious cash grab.

No you need self control. There is 0 reason to spend money in this game. The free version is fun right away. Don’t buy just because you can and you will be fine. Personally I don’t mind supporting a dev every now and then with getting a battle pass if it’s “free” game I play more then a paid one.

No you need self control. There is 0 reason to spend money in this game. The free version is fun right away. Don’t buy just because you can and you will be fine. Personally I don’t mind supporting a dev every now and then with getting a battle pass if it’s “free” game I play more then a paid one.
Rofl, this has got to be a joke. Talk to me again when you hit the inevitable paywall.

Stop supporting this crap.

This might be the best mobile game I've ever played. I memed about them taking so long to make a mobile game but it seems to have paid off.

Sadly the game is also built to extract as much money as possible from its players, so I don't see myself playing it for too long.

whyman

Rofl, this has got to be a joke. Talk to me again when you hit the inevitable paywall.

Stop supporting this crap.
What paywall? I have 500 hours in Diablo 3. Most of it spent grinding. That’s the fun part for me. Pretty sure I can keep doing that here too and progressing the way it’s set up. Honestly don’t see the problem as long as I’m having fun and it’s free. I already had more fun with this game then a lot of full price titles.

I have 500 hours in Diablo 3. Pretty sure I can keep doing that here too and progressing the way it’s set up.

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Inviusx

Seems like endgame is where the predatory shit starts. You could technically just stop playing when you run out of free stuff to do but then why even invest the time to begin with?

I'll stick with D2R.

Again you are coming from a place where you have to be the best etc. If I just want to do story and have fun there is nothing stopping me. I don’t care about cosmetics, I remove them when applied automatically.

So you're basically admitting that this game is designed to fleece you whenever possible, yet you lack the self-restraint to just play something that respects your time.

You didn't even watch the videos, sooner rather than later you will be forced to cough up money to continue in the game. This isn't about mere cosmetics, but literal gear enhancements that are unattainable through regular play (legendary gems, gem resonance, resonant attributes, etc...).

This is diablo 3.5 on a phone.
Add some mobile lost Ark mechanics like upgrading your gear and not finding and you're finished. I don't think I will enjoy this for long.

whyman

So you're basically admitting that this game is designed to fleece you whenever possible, yet you lack the self-restraint to just play something that respects your time.

You didn't even watch the videos, sooner rather than later you will be forced to cough up money to continue in the game. This isn't about mere cosmetics, but literal gear enhancements that are unattainable through regular play (legendary gems, gem resonance, resonant attributes, etc...).

I admit that a person without self control should stay away from this game. If you have self control there is so much to enjoy and you don’t have to spend anything.

I usually start a new character in D3 every month anyway.

If you don’t have fun don’t play. If you don’t have self control don’t play.

Why do you have such interest in a game you hate so much? Why turn people away who might have fun like me?

Top Bottom