• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV Beta |Mini OT| READ THE OP

What would you rate Diablo IV

• 1 (Amazing)

Votes: 116 37.3%

Votes: 111 35.7%

Votes: 62 19.9%

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • 5 (Dreadful)

Votes: 10 3.2%

• Total voters

Flintty

So sim sat here waiting for world boss and found my ultimate trap ability can be reused when off cooldown and the other stays there. Boss ain’t gonna what hit it. Edit: I just laid my third.

XSOtKlY.jpg

Last edited:

MirageMew2

So what was the boss spawn issue? I hadn’t actually been on yet today I’m hoping to catch the boss fight at some point though

Cutscenes looks MUCH better with high textures altho the game stutters like hell with high textures even on a 4090 apparently so there is probably some memory leak bug
This must be some weird PC bug then? I am on PS5 and had 0 stutters or any weird visual bugs. I am gonna assume due to a wide range and variety of different hardware on PCs the game will run into weird issues. Probably just a matter of bug fixing and proper driver updates come launch.

I am on a 1660 Ti so I refuse to play any new or upcoming games on PC. Only use my PC for work. The only game I play on my PC when I have the have the time is WoW.

Last edited:

Luipadre

This must be some weird PC bug then? I am on PS5 and had 0 stutters or any weird visual bugs. I am gonna assume due to a wide range and variety of different hardware on PCs the game will run into weird issues. Probably just a matter of bug fixing and proper driver updates come launch.
yeah its a pc bug. Most likely be fixed by launch

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I am not alone then, my sorc is lvl 20. I have tried all the skills and somehow nothing appeals to me. D2 and D3 sorc I liked a lot more as well.
Aye the light proc build is okay ish.
But it feels so fucking weak overal
I will be avoiding this class until they fix it

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Anyone else feels like there is too much legendary drop?
9XBKqgI.png

dunno what you mean by that

(not counting btw the 45+ legendary items i have in my stash but too bothered to log in again)

Last edited:

Hot5pur

Legendary drop rate is definitely too high.
Unless there is something above legendary :O
I'm sure they'll tweak it

The design is quite good on the armor and the graphics in general are very impressive for an isometric game. The fact that they can get away doing cutscenes with the same graphics is even more impressive.
Going to force myself to stop otherwise I will burn the whole weekend try different classes. I worry for my free time in June (also Street Fighter 6, it's going to be rough).

Codeblew

9XBKqgI.png

dunno what you mean by that

(not counting btw the 45+ legendary items i have in my stash but too bothered to log in again)
How are you getting so many? Doing dungeons? I finished the story at lvl 24 and I have only gotten like 10 legendaries.

Luipadre

Legendary drop rate is definitely too high.
Unless there is something above legendary :O
I'm sure they'll tweak it

The design is quite good on the armor and the graphics in general are very impressive for an isometric game. The fact that they can get away doing cutscenes with the same graphics is even more impressive.
Going to force myself to stop otherwise I will burn the whole weekend try different classes. I worry for my free time in June (also Street Fighter 6, it's going to be rough).

there is, unique items

Definity

I actually was still logged on when the world boss spawned but we didn't have enough people to show up and those who did were low level. Maybe next time! I loved how the camera panned out though. Cool stuff!

Filldo

Couch co op works on PS5, just played an hour with my son. Nice how they split loot, he kept grabbing everything but it puts my loot in my inventory even when he grabs it. I don’t remember how it worked in D3.

Honestly after last night I woke up anxious to play more. Feels great, I’m in love with the art and atmosphere. Played sorcerer last night up to level 15. Started a rogue this morning am only level 5. Haven’t quite figured out the figure but I love how fast it is.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
It is a beta folks. I don't even believe the leveling rate that is in right now is where it will be at launch. The alternative is a ton of forum posts in varying degrees of "Oh my god, legend drop rate is so low. Pay to play incoming! Ugh! Lulz modern gamez!"

Does that mean the second UK one is 8pm?

Or its brought forward to 6pm and I'll miss it?

I have no idea about UK time but originally she was supposed to spawn at 1EST, but was in fact at 2EST. So just add one hour to whatever the original tweet times were. I doubt I'll grind fast enough for the evening spawn, but looking to get some play in and tackle the late night one. Definitely going to be server hopping though as there were no where near enough good DPS (including myself) in my server.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How are you getting so many? Doing dungeons? I finished the story at lvl 24 and I have only gotten like 10 legendaries.
gambled them and got 1 legendary every 3 purchases. Sometimes 2 legendaries in a row.

acidagfc

Overall impressions after lvling sorc to 20 and trying a bit of barb and rogue.

- graphics, art design, sound design - all top notch
- great combat feel from all 3 available classes, barb is meaty, sorc spells are flashy
- UI on consoles is crap, somehow way worse than d3, certainly needs an overhaul before release
- world seems huge, lots of side activities
- skilltree is underwhelming, barely any customizability, maybe the variety comes from gearing later on

Definitely worth buying, but it won't replace Path of Exile as the best ARPG for me. Not enough depth.
Good casual hack'n'slash, nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:
I find this very interesting - I am playing on PS5 so obviously.my controls are defaulted to a controller. 2 of my friends have high end rigs 2ith 3070s and 3090s and play most games on their PCs.

But here is the kicker, they are both using a controller for Diablo IV and saying it feels amazing and more fun to play. It's so funny how Diablo seems to just feel more satisfying on controller even for PC players.

Does anyone else share same sentiment?

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
It is a beta folks. I don't even believe the leveling rate that is in right now is where it will be at launch. The alternative is a ton of forum posts in varying degrees of "Oh my god, legend drop rate is so low. Pay to play incoming! Ugh! Lulz modern gamez!"

I have no idea about UK time but originally she was supposed to spawn at 1EST, but was in fact at 2EST. So just add one hour to whatever the original tweet times were. I doubt I'll grind fast enough for the evening spawn, but looking to get some play in and tackle the late night one. Definitely going to be server hopping though as there were no where near enough good DPS (including myself) in my server.
World event is up now :)

I'm like level 20, surrounded by level 25s. I'm gonna get wrecked lmao

clarky

Gold Member
I find this very interesting - I am playing on PS5 so obviously.my controls are defaulted to a controller. 2 of my friends have high end rigs 2ith 3070s and 3090s and play most games on their PCs.

But here is the kicker, they are both using a controller for Diablo IV and saying it feels amazing and more fun to play. It's so funny how Diablo seems to just feel more satisfying on controller even for PC players.

Yes, PC and a pad on the couch all day long.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Does it matter if you die in the event?

Nope. Well other than all of your equipment breaking.

Pc version supports gamepad?

Yes. Though they need to use the actual icons. Using a Dualsense, you'd think they'd go with the pure white icons like they do in other games, but for some reason they color them. I kinda get why, but it clashes with the rest of the UI which I think is actually good on the PC; no idea why they didn't just use the PC controller UI for the consoles (it is different although not even close to being "mobile inspired").

omegasc

I liked the controls in D3 for consoles, and it seems like D4 is leaning towards that. Still nice to play with mouse/keyboard, so win/win.

Krathoon

The game runs great on a GTX 1080. I had some texture pop in on cutscenes. The game goes a good job of scaling things.

I am now at level 13. I am doing side dungeons and side quests. The Act I boss seemed too tough.

If you are a Sorcerer, definitely get chain lightning. It is great for crowd control. You can spam it and kill a bunch of monsters at once.

MirageMew2

Does it matter if you die in the event?
Just came by to say porting to town erases the instance when you return. That’s frustrating.

Edit: I actually ported back and forth a few times to no Boss, and just now ported and it was there again actually. I don’t think it was the same one I was fighting though!

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Yes I would have kept playing the console version of Diablo 3 if it wasn't for all the hackers. Controller play feels amazing, maybe even better in this than in D3.

Sygma

Nah, it's getting great feedback because it feels like a quality game unlike that janky Indy game. It also is beautiful. We don't know anything about the end game yet so let's hold off on how balanced it is. These days the more popular the name the more critical people are not the opposite. Being called Diablo just makes it have more to prove. If this was from a small dev like GGG was when PoE came out people would be flipping their shit. I look forward to PoE 2, I hope it feels like a modern game.

Anyway, I got my tv calibrated to make this look amazing in the XSX. I think I can hold off for longer on a PC upgrade.

PoE runs circles around it and its not even close. The "dungeons" are also hilarious in their variety, as there's basically none of it, its constantly the same backgrounds. Like even Torchlight had that on lock way back then, if you're playing ARPGs since a long time you could see that D IV just offers absolutely nothing new

it is getting a pass because its called Diablo and lolrogue

Last edited:
Went to put myself in the queue, figuring I was gonna wait for at least half an hour and I logged in instantly. That was a nice surprise.

Krathoon

Elden Ring is more of a spectacle than Diablo IV. It is not the same kind of game, but it kind of eats it's lunch.

Laieon

PoE runs circles around it and its not even close. The "dungeons" are also hilarious in their variety, as there's basically none of it, its constantly the same backgrounds. Like even Torchlight had that on lock way back then, if you're playing ARPGs since a long time you could see that D IV just offers absolutely nothing new

it is getting a pass because its called Diablo and lolrogue

PoE is awful.

Grim Dawn > Diablo (as a whole) > Last Epoch > > > Torchlight 2 > > > > > > > PoE >>>>>>>>>>>>∞>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Torchlight 3

Yes I would have kept playing the console version of Diablo 3 if it wasn't for all the hackers. Controller play feels amazing, maybe even better in this than in D3.

Playing with a controller is quickly become my favorite way to play ARPGs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom