• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV Expansion Might Be Called ‘Lord of Hatred’, Adding Kurast from Diablo II

Spyxos

Gold Member
3_zXMuUNR.jpg

After all, Blizzard uploaded a Technical Alpha build of version 2.0 to its private testing branch. Datamining from that version reportedly reveals the first Diablo IV expansion to be called Lord of Hatred, focusing again on the Prime Evil Mephisto, who was a major character in the base game as well. This isn't much of a surprise, given the ending of the main story.

The leak also says the Kurast region from Diablo II will be added alongside several new features, including but not limited to:

• A new Spiritborn class with a nature theme
  • A Mercenary system that supposedly allows players to hire NPCs, outfit them with gear, and level them up in dedicated skill trees
  • The ability to craft corrupt Runestones
  • Raids
As realistic as they may sound, these details should be taken with a grain of salt for the time being.

splattered

Sounds good! I'm taking my time with S2 so far and enjoying it, closing in on level 50. Playing as a blood surge Necro this season, last season i was a Flurry Rogue. Very different playstyle and character speed needed getting used to but overall very much enjoying it.

NickFire

They charging for this or will this be included with a season pass?
Guessing they charge for it, but include the season pass for the season when it launches.

As an aside, I pre-ordered the version with the season pass. Basically getting 3 season passes out of it. When I went to buy this season's I had a token in the game for a free one. And the free currency in the first two will now pay for my 3rd. Ended up being a good deal getting that copy with the first pass included.

Mortisfacio

Looking forward to whatever is in store. The best D2 was after LoD. The best D3 was after RoS. I'm enjoying S2 right now and expect better for whatever the next expansion is.

devilNprada

As an aside, I pre-ordered the version with the season pass. Basically getting 3 season passes out of it. When I went to buy this season's I had a token in the game for a free one. And the free currency in the first two will now pay for my 3rd. Ended up being a good deal getting that copy with the first pass included.
I got the ultimate edition or whatever the latest and greatest was called too... I did not use the level ups so I think they are still on account but......
Are you telling me I get more than just one season pass? I thought it was only for season one!

splattered

Guessing they charge for it, but include the season pass for the season when it launches.

Yeeeeeah someone i occasionally play with pointed out they could redeem this season's pass after i had already bought mine haha oh well... hopefully its not a use it or lose it kinda thing and i can still claim on future seasons.

NickFire

I got the ultimate edition or whatever the latest and greatest was called too... I did not use the level ups so I think they are still on account but......
Are you telling me I get more than just one season pass? I thought it was only for season one!
What I know is I bought the version with season pass. I played first season and got level 90 in it. Then I was trying to buy season 2 but there was no price tag. Then I saw a prompt to redeem season pass token (to that effect). I redeemed it and have gotten to 3rd page. Haven't spent a dime since pre-order. So I'm guessing you will have same token.

Also - if you do, the free currency in first two passes will cover season 3.

MirageMew2

Yeah Season 2 pass was also free to me. I think it’s because of the brief delay the day it was suppose to come out but I don’t think that’s been confirmed.

Top Bottom