• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did Capcom ever release that Glass Rose game?

Grug

I remember a big hype train behind this game and it was supposed to be Capcom's answer to Shenmue.

Then I remember them announcing that the main character would be modelled on some real life Japanese boy band sensation.

Then I heard nothing... ever again. What happened to this game?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
DIrtyWeasel said:
Just like Shenmue II on Dreamcast.

You mean, only released in Japan and Europe and just as crappy as Glass Rose? ;)
Man, you'd better start running before the Shenmue fanatics find out about this! :p

If you were just referring to the Japan + Europe part however, there are also games like Gregory Horror Show. Developed by Capcom (just like Glass Rose), and only released in Japan and Europe. Dunno why either, 'cause I'm doubtful Gregory Horror Show the TV series was released here in Europe, while I know for sure it's available in the US.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Grug said:
Add Doshin the Giant to Jap + Europe only.

Yeah, there are more examples for sure. vib-ribbon for Playstation springs to mind. Kuru Kuru Kururin for GBA as well.
Also Tales of Eternia for PSP that's released in Europe soon (have yet to hear about a US release date for this game). Although technically ToE has been released in the US already, but for Playstation. It was never released for Playstation in Europe though, so this is a kind of retribution. :D

glass rose? if it's the game that i am thinking... how can this be compared to shenmue?!?!?

it was about some boy band kid travelling in time and solving puzzles in some crazy point and click scenario. that's the right game, yeah?

And against initial reports, it was only released for the PlayStation 2. A GameCube version was never mentioned by Capcom.

Glass_Rose_pal-front.jpg

1080254236.21868.jpg

Top Bottom