• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did I just delete my 65 hour Destiny 2 save?

RPS37

I just booted up Destiny 2 on my XSX to see how it looked and my character was only showing as 900 and it didn’t have my armor or weapons.
I log in to Bungie with my steam account to see if the cross save just hadn’t crossed.
I gotta wait till tomorrow to boot up steam since there’s the 50GB update.
What do you think?

Did I hose my save?

sandkiller

I just booted up Destiny 2 on my XSX to see how it looked and my character was only showing as 900 and it didn’t have my armor or weapons.
I log in to Bungie with my steam account to see if the cross save just hadn’t crossed.
I gotta wait till tomorrow to boot up steam since there’s the 50GB update.
What do you think?

Did I hose my save?
Dependes on the hose

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
65 hours? lol even if you did lose it then it wouldn't be a problem. you haven't even started the game yet.... i'd be pissed if it was something like 1000+ hours but <100 is laughable. it's like having to replay a side quest in any other game.

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
I remember deleting my GT5 save by accident and thinking it was the end of the world.

But it turned out that starting again from scratch actually felt great. Like a clean slate to enjoy all over again.

Lanrutcon

I deleted my near platinum AC:Odyssey save. I have one from like, 30 hours earlier but I don't wanna do all that work again.

mitch1971

I accidently upload the wrong save of FFXIII to the cloud once. Lost about 30 hours of end game grind after defeating the main boss. A few months past and the save I had was right before the main boss, and after forgetting half the game mechanics, I didn't fancy relearning while having to fight the boss.

Last edited:
That reminds me remember back in the day corrupted memory cards :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I remember getting my VMU hacked back in the days when PSO on DC were full of hackers. I lost everything. Shenmue progress gone, Skies of Arcadia 50 hours progress gone, RE CV progress gone.

There were other game save files gone too but those were the worst.

I literally cried.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I remember getting my VMU hacked back in the days when PSO on DC were full of hackers. I lost everything. Shenmue progress gone, Skies of Arcadia 50 hours progress gone, RE CV progress gone.

There were other game save files gone too but those were the worst.

I literally cried.

Damn tough story and especially with that avatar!

bender

What time is it?
I remember showing my little nephews PGR on the OG Xbox. It had a prompt on the main menu to let you delete your profile. Guess what happened the moment I handed the controller over? So many hours with just a button press or two and I couldn't even be upset. haha.

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
I would have tears of relief if my ps1 bugsby 3D save was deleted. Don't need reminding how long i played that shifty game.

Last edited:

Scotty W

Gold Member
You shouldn’t worry, one day you will die and be forgotten by history, as will everything and everyone you ever cared about.

Kagey K

Banned
Destiny is all saved server side and the cloud would have held your account info even if you fucked it all up.

Top Bottom