• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you age well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrisus

I stopped giving a fuck long ago. I am know I'm not going to win any beauty competitions, but I'm happy for the most part with how I look.

There's a difference between "being able to win a beauty competition" and "being beautiful."
Just because one might not win a beauty competition doesn't mean one isn't beautiful.

terrisus

Just because one is happy with how they look also doesn't mean one is beautiful :p

Well, sure.
But being beautiful means that one is beautiful :þ

Like I said, I just stopped caring. I've kids and other things to worry about, my hair being pretty low on my priorities.

I mean, I don't really care anymore I suppose. I'm married, for one. Beyond that, my left arm is a mess from cancer surgery, I have a sizable scar on my chest from another surgery (and another on my head if I ever went bald, which fortunately it doesn't seem that I will - so, hey, there's a plus), probably the thickest glasses in the world, and a cane. So if I wasn't unattractive before, I've certainly done myself no favors since then. So it just is what it is.

I think so. I was a goofy looking kid. I'm twenty-two now.

rq4BotF.jpg
0GXNLz0.jpg

PaulloDEC

I had my ID checked at a bottle barn a few weeks back. I'm 27 in March.

I've never really cared about being older or younger, but that still made me smile.

terrisus

My hair is thinning because of chemo and my skin is looking horrid (to me) so I feel you. But yeah, just say fuck it and be who you be. You can't control the shit that happens to you, so you might as well embrace it if you can't change it.

To be fair, that is one thing I have going for me - a nice olivish Italian skin tone.

Sorry about what you're dealing with =(

For me, it's been less of a "embrace it if you can't change it," and more of a "I can't change it, so, ah, what the ****, so I'm unattractive, but it doesn't matter now anyway."

highrider

Banned
I couldn't find great older pictures but meh.

First picture is me at 7 I think. Next is from my high school yearbook that a friend sent me, 16 or 17 there. Last pic is current and I'm 47 now. I'm fine with my aging, my only complaint would be vision loss, needing reading glasses. I miss my eagle vision of youth.

RELIGHT

Banned
Age 15:

Age 18:

Age 23:

Age 26:

Age 30:

Age 32: (a few weeks ago, I suck at selfies)

I don't think so, I look like a mom. I know I am a mom, but damn, I used to look good. I wish I knew how good I looked back then lol.

You're gorgeous. Would date every version.

MAnvhUM.jpg

I mean as far as the look. Please ignore what happens in that video - I wish both of you a full and healthy life!

It's cool man.. I appreciate it. This thread will likely be old by the time I get a newer picture uploaded. :p Need a new charger for my camera..

terrisus

It's cool man.. I appreciate it. This thread will likely be old by the time I get a newer picture uploaded. :p Need a new charger for my camera..

If it wasn't clear, I think it's an awesome look.

Unfortunately, my hair doesn't grow just "long," it grows into a thick tangled mess >.>
So, no chance I could pull that off.

The "ignore what happened in the video" reference is that, at the wedding reception, the bride dies >.>

Shadybiz

Pretty well I think. Gained some bad weight in my mid 20's, but got rid of that, hit the weights, stopped smoking, and cut out a lot (not all...but a lot) of drinking. I'd say I look better now than I did then.

Coolluck

I'm in the too young to count category but I've been going bald since I turned 18 so the answer is no. I blame my dad's genes. I also have a baby face that gets wrinkles easily. Now that I think about it, my whole physical appearance is a mess.

terrisus

Much appreciated, man... and I knew what you meant by the spoiler part. :p

Ah, alright. I figured you would, but wasn't sure.

I suppose, if nothing else, I'm happy that I get my hair from my mother's side, since my father was balding in his early 20s >.>

Sami+

There's a difference between "being able to win a beauty competition" and "being beautiful."
Just because one might not win a beauty competition doesn't mean one isn't beautiful.

I'm happy with how I look for the most part (I have a benign tumor on my back that bothers me but I'm extremely grateful it's not worse than that) but honestly my two best friends are way more attractive than me lol. I think I just need to get serious about losing fat.

Speevy

Banned
The one on the left is me at about 25. The one on the right is two months ago. I'm 31 now.

I'm losing a lot of hair and have gotten noticeably fatter.

GorillaJu

FgUQTIq.jpg

18 years old

WCYgLLM.jpg

Got a late start on braces at 26

j6uA4xA.jpg

Now I'm 30.

I still plan on doing minor cosmetic stuff. It definitely took some years to figure out my eyebrow situation and how to wear makeup so that it looks like you're barely wearing any. I look older when I pile it on.

What. You look fantastic. It's your money and your body but if you think you need cosmetic work done then I think you've got insane standards.

ramuh

Me at 17-18 (Iraqi Uniform, long story, lived in Germany)
7Xgk8kd.jpg

Me at 22 Denver
qpefAfC.jpg

Me at 29 Gunnison CO
gVTUyQ9.jpg

Good stuff. :)

smurfx

get some go again
i thought i looked my age but recently a lot of girls have told me i look younger than my age. good news i guess.

People are getting kind of worked up about me wanting to get my teeth straightened since my orthodontist couldn't do a thorough job.

Regardless, thank you all for kind words :)

oracrest

My hair has gray streaks all over the place, but people always ask me if I get it professionally done that way, so I think I'm doing pretty good.

akira28

People are getting kind of worked up about me wanting to get my teeth straightened since my orthodontist couldn't do a thorough job.

Regardless, thank you all for kind words :)

NO. yaeba is in. I refuse to allow...hahah sorry I'm just enjoying all the reactions too. You do you, you're doing it well.

D.Lo

For guys: look after your skin, keep your hair (not possible for everyone! Dye any greys), and stay thin. Look 25 forever.

I think I look younger than I did 10 years ago. I lost lots of weight about 4 years ago.

Herne

1983.jpg

Cute little kid me aged roughly 3/4.

hrm.bmp

Significantly less cute. This is the earliest digital photo I could find, apparently from 2001 when I was 23. I did find an actual physical photograph of me at the age of eighteen, but it's a tiny one taken for an id or something and neither my DSLR nor my phone could get a good shot. I think there are very few photos of me from around that time - the only other one I'm aware of is missing, so this is the closest one to.

2015.jpg

And this is me today at age 36. Heavier in the face, certainly. I've got thinning bones and my left knee has gone to shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom