• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Die Hard 5: “A Good Day to Die Hard”

Status
Not open for further replies.

gblues

Banned
Jokergrin said:
320x240.jpg

Indeed. No Michael Dorn, no sale.

Darklord said:
I don't think Dr. Who could really pull off being John McClain's son.

I was really just addressing the idea of there being no good actors under 30. Although technically he said 'not many' so whatever. Anyway, I'm out of here before I have to suffer any more abuse levelled at the best Doctor Who actor

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
From the writer of Swordfish, Hitman, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and the A-Team?

:(:(

Salmonax said:
And make the bad guys a gang of children, all of whom he has to shoot at various points in the movie.

"I thought it was a real gun, looked real enough! He tried to steal my Twinkies, and that's when shit got real."

Die Hard is my favorite movie ever, but holy hell @ that title. Fucking REALLY!?

Somebody get John McTiernan out of jail, get this thing R-rated, and we might have a good Die Hard sequel on our hands

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
No "I'm a Mac" guy and no "Fiona from Scott Pilgrim" = no sale! NO SALE!

reilo said:
From the writer of Swordfish, Hitman, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and the A-Team?

:(:(

Hey, the guy who wrote Die Hard 3 also wrote Armageddon. Sometimes you just need a good director to make those screenplays work!

McTiernan is out of jail, right? Get him on board, damnit!

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Well, John Moore (director) has never directed anything but PG-13, and the only R-rated movies Skip Woods has written were Thursday, Swordfish, and Hitman. His last two movies have both been PG-13.

So, ugh, yeah. The studio picked exactly who they wanted for a PG-13 project.

LeonSKennedy90 said:
Hey, the guy who wrote Die Hard 3 also wrote Armageddon. Sometimes you just need a good director to make those screenplays work!

McTiernan is out of jail, right? Get him on board, damnit!
He wrote Armageddon after DH3!

JdFoX187

Banned
John Moore's direction sucks the excitement out of any action film. Behind Enemy Lines, Max Payne and Flight of the Phoenix all had potential, but were killed with by the books, bland and just downright boring direction. But, he's a puppet for Rothman and will do whatever the hell Rothman wants.

BTW, he did direct The Omen remake, which was R. So there's a slim chance.

AgentChris said:
This not gonna be good.

Honestly I think it's kinda hard to go wrong with Die Hard. There were a lot of screwups with the last one like the heavily edited PG-13 cut and whatnot but I thought it was still a very good action movie. I haven't disliked any of the films to date.

Max Payne was one of the worst action films I've ever seen, so this coupled with the Feb. dumping ground release date instantly turn me off.

Expendable. said:
Max Payne was one of the worst action films I've ever seen, so this coupled with the Feb. dumping ground release date instantly turn me off.

yeah but it was a videogame film starring Mark Wahlberg. I mean... I'm not going to hold that against Moore. Plus I thought his Omen remake was generally well done.

JdFoX187

Banned
brandonh83 said:
yeah but it was a videogame film starring Mark Wahlberg. I mean... I'm not going to hold that against Moore. Plus I thought his Omen remake was generally well done.
Flight of the Phoenix then...such a terrible bastardization of a classic film.

iirate

Did anyone else get a sort of "finality" vibe from the title? When I saw the thread, my first thought was that McClane would be retired/killed here, and then I come into the thread, and see mention of his son, which would lend well to that theory. There isn't much of a rational reason for me to feel this way, but that was the first thing to come to mind for me.

Personally, if another big name actor was to take up the mantle from Willis after this one, I think both JGL and Fassbender could be a good fit. Either way, it doesn't mean much to me; the first movie is absolute god-tier, but I've never had the drive to watch any of the others.

Mr.Swag

Banned
If I were to do this movies casting, I'd cast a future action star. Someone that could out badass John mclane.

If I were to write this id make it so that mcclane needs the kids help instead of backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom