• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

People who bought CS but not original World exist. And pretty much yeah. Atleast I hear people saying theres no need to change RPG formula.
The only world game that I really played was 2, and it beared quite a few similarities to CS. I was gonna make a thread on it.

Yeah new game spoiler, but I wrote it to be not that descriptive.
word, I got you. but yeah point is that shit is disappointing,.

40+ or so recolors are pushing peoples buttons.
and they have a right to feel that way I say. it sounds quite superfluous

Well they are confirmed they'll do Story game next time.
but a CS direct sequel isn't confirmed?
Also wow you really hated Cyber Sleuths ending that much lol
yes. I never got over how much I despised the Me3 ending, and i said cyber sleuth's ending is worse I felt so disgusted after I finished the game I never fucking touched it again.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Mediamon's final attack was amazing. :0

Glad next weeks Appmon episode looks like it'll let some of the minor Appmon in on the fun, were worried they were gonna disappear outside of being Gattai-fodder.

The only world game that I really played was 2, and it beared quite a few similarities to CS. I was gonna make a thread on it.

word, I got you. but yeah point is that shit is disappointing,.

and they have a right to feel that way I say. it sounds quite superfluous

but a CS direct sequel isn't confirmed?

Man, DW2 wasnt released in EU but somehow one of my friends had USA Playstation with DW2. I tried to use it on my PAL PS1 but that didnt work. I guess happily DW2 is worst of PS1 DWs.

Oh yeah, the next game hint:

http://twinfinite.net/2016/10/whats-...kazumasa-habu/

“We’ll be thinking about that, but as for next year, probably there will be a different story, a Digimon Story title”

Unless that has different context we don’t know about it suggests CS sequel game next.

The Next Order roster rumble is kinda sad. Technically it has MONUMENTALLY better roster than PSP ReD and it traded some Digimons from 3DS ReDs, but because of 40+ recolors people just get pissy. People just like to complain a lot.

I kinda laughed when someone posted the roster on reddit and credited KuwabaraTheMan and me on list format lol.

Oh and the thing with Tri pandering is that almost all new merchandise in Japan is based on Adventure and Tri. You know how Pokemon has a lot of Gen 1 nostalgia now? Same for Digimon Adventure.

Surprised this hasn't been posted here yet:

Tri 4 synopsis
Meicoomon’s rampage and the reboot which followed--

Leaving behind Meiko, anguishing, Taichi and the others set off for the Digital World.
There they reunited with their partner Digimon who lost their memories of everything up until now.

And yet their bonds must begin anew and the Chosen Children hold out a hand to their affected Digimon.

Nevertheless, even though Piyomon is the only one to evolve to their Child level, she reveals how wary she still is…
“It’s like I said before, I don’t know about this past you’re speaking of!!”
As someone whom she once held in high regard and sympathized with before, now a stranger, Piyomon instead harbors suspicion for Sora’s gestures of kindness.

Finding her feelings hurt, Taichi and Yamato can’t find the words to help Sora.
What will they do in the Digital World going forward?--

Before they can discuss this with each other, Meicoomon appears...and then disappears. Somehow, it has retained it’s old memories as it wanders in tears while searching for Meiko--
Seeing the creature, the children’s decision to travel to the Digital World in order to save Meicoomon becomes clearer. But then, the figure of a man once subdued by the Dark Masters appears before them.

Around the same time in the Real World, Nishijima receives notice that Himekawa has disappeared.
Investigating, he gets to the bottom of Himekawa’s actions up until now and finds out about a certain goal that was hidden from him.
A connection to a past incident which decided the fate of two people...

And now, the adventure evolves once more--

-WtW

New GEM figure Greymon and Tai
zGGolrT.jpg

It's great that we keep getting more figures all the time. I just wish I had the money to afford more than a couple of them. Guessing we'll probably get a Jianliang + Terriermon announcement soon, and maybe some more Adventure kid + evolved Digimon ones (Sora or Koushirou are probably next).

Also, I'm just going to come out and say it. After having watched Episode 9 of Appmon (which was wonderful), I think I feel pretty confident in putting the first 9 episodes of Appmon above the first 9 episodes of any previous Digimon series aside from Tamers. These are not words I ever expected to be saying a few months back when we were waiting to see the show and feeling nervous about what it would be like.

It's great that we keep getting more figures all the time. I just wish I had the money to afford more than a couple of them. Guessing we'll probably get a Jianliang + Terriermon announcement soon, and maybe some more Adventure kid + evolved Digimon ones (Sora or Koushirou are probably next).

It would be neat if they had Jianliang and his sister with the twin Digimon together. It might be too much, but I think it'd be pretty cute.

Also, I'm just going to come out and say it. After having watched Episode 9 of Appmon (which was wonderful), I think I feel pretty confident in putting the first 9 episodes of Appmon above the first 9 episodes of any previous Digimon series aside from Tamers. These are not words I ever expected to be saying a few months back when we were waiting to see the show and feeling nervous about what it would be like.

Haven't seen episode 9 yet, but yeah, definitely one of the strongest starts to a season. I was also nervous about the show, mostly because it seemed gimmicky with the smartphone stuff. Turns out that it plays its "gimmick" really well. I hope they can keep it up.

It would be neat if they had Jianliang and his sister with the twin Digimon together. It might be too much, but I think it'd be pretty cute.

I hadn't thought about that, but that would be a pretty neat idea. I've been figuring that Shaochung and Lopmon are pretty much a lock to get some sort of figure, at any rate. They're both pretty popular, and if Juri is getting one, then I can't imagine her being left out.

Haven't seen episode 9 yet, but yeah, definitely one of the strongest starts to a season. I was also nervous about the show, mostly because it seemed gimmicky with the smartphone stuff. Turns out that it plays its "gimmick" really well. I hope they can keep it up.

Yeah, I was a bit worried on if it would feel like Digimon, or if it would be a bit too childish or anything, but it's been a really pleasant surprise. Despite how different it is, I feel like the show has really nailed the general feel of Digimon very well, and there's actually been a lot of plot development just within the opening episodes, which is a bit unusual for Digimon. There's also a lot of mysteries that have been set up right from the start.

Between Appmon being so great and the 20th anniversary coming up, I feel like we're in for a great year to be a Digimon fan.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
New GEM figure Greymon and Tai

I was really hoping that his partner would be Wargreymon :x So many HUGE figures!! I don't collect large/scale figures for that reason, but Digimon was the only one I couldn't say "no" to :x I mean, Mimi got partnered with Lilymon (because honestly, would want a boring ol' Togemon? :p) I do prefer Garudamon over Birdramon, but that size diff... Same with Alturkabuterimon > Kabuterimon.

I was really hoping that his partner would be Wargreymon :x So many HUGE figures!! I don't collect large/scale figures for that reason, but Digimon was the only one I couldn't say "no" to :x I mean, Mimi got partnered with Lilymon (because honestly, would want a boring ol' Togemon? :p) I do prefer Garudamon over Birdramon, but that size diff... Same with Alturkabuterimon > Kabuterimon.

Oh don't worry, they'll be doing all of the other level pairings eventually, too. We'll be getting Adventure figures for like the next decade plus. I'm sure we'll get every single possible combination.

And then I guess they'll have to resort to ships.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Oh don't worry, they'll be doing all of the other level pairings eventually, too. We'll be getting Adventure figures for like the next decade plus. I'm sure we'll get every single possible combination.

And then I guess they'll have to resort to ships.

Plz no! Those box sizes.... Angewomon/Hikari's box was HUGE!!

Stuart444

I've not checked out Appmon yet but glad people seem to be enjoying it I guess.

Also yeah just saw the sypnosis for Tri 4. Sounds good. Can't wait for it.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I've not checked out Appmon yet but glad people seem to be enjoying it I guess.

I think you need to go in expecting that it is an alternate Digimon story, and very non-traditional. It's fun with some unique character types! The appmons are pretty interesting to, with the concept of them screwing up phone apps.

Check a few out and see what ya think!

I think you need to go in expecting that it is an alternate Digimon story, and very non-traditional. It's fun with some unique character types! The appmons are pretty interesting to, with the concept of them screwing up phone apps.

Check a few out and see what ya think!

It's actually interesting, because while it's clearly non-traditional in some places, at the same time it feels very much like Digimon. They've gotten the core of the character interactions from past series nailed, and have captured the general ethos of Digimon, even as they've changed a lot of the ways the plot is unfolding.

So it feels like a really pleasant surprise, because normally when a series changes so much, it becomes unrecognizable, but you could show Appmon to someone without the name Digimon on it at all, and they'd probably immediately say "this is like Digimon".

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So it feels like a really pleasant surprise, because normally when a series changes so much, it becomes unrecognizable, but you could show Appmon to someone without the name Digimon on it at all, and they'd probably immediately say "this is like Digimon".

True. It's not really similar to any other monster shows. (Trust me, I actually watched all the way through BOTH Dragon Collection AND Oreca Battle >_>)

Just watched ep 9 today, and it was fun! Appmon Olympics! Normally you get the partners fighting with each other, not the Digimon :p

Tusk

Playing the full release of appmon now, currently going for all 6 god grades

Seen Gaiamon, Uranosmon, Hadesmon, and Poseidomon so far. All are pretty cool in my opinion. Just need to get two appmon and I'll be able to see Rebootmon and Deusmon.

Hadesmon is actually pretty amazing, and my favorite next to Gaiamon.

pics of 5 out of the 6 god grade if anyone wants to see them, only missing rebootmon which I believe is a game plot related god grade

https://twitter.com/miruka0816

Seen Gaiamon, Uranosmon, Hadesmon, and Poseidomon so far. All are pretty cool in my opinion. Just need to get two appmon and I'll be able to see Rebootmon and Deusmon.

pics of 5 out of the 6 god grade if anyone wants to see them, only missing rebootmon which I believe is a game plot related god grade

I really wish the 3DS didn't have this damn region lock. I'd love to play the game, but I can't exactly go buying a second 3DS.

True. It's not really similar to any other monster shows. (Trust me, I actually watched all the way through BOTH Dragon Collection AND Oreca Battle >_>)

Just watched ep 9 today, and it was fun! Appmon Olympics! Normally you get the partners fighting with each other, not the Digimon :p

Giving the Appmon more screen time and adding different dynamics is great. I like that they keep bringing back Navimon and that he and Gatchmon have a rivalry.

It's interesting how everyone around Haru has a big ego. His humbleness and lower self-esteem stand out more because of it.

I really wish the 3DS didn't have this damn region lock. I'd love to play the game, but I can't exactly go buying a second 3DS.

Yeah, I'm liking the looks of this game. The region lock sucks even more now that I'm liking the show. :/

Random Next Order screenshots showed off more of KaiserGreymon and MagnaGarurumon. It reminds me of how much I like KaiserGreymon.

It also reminds me this game is coming out in a couple of months. Did anyone here want to take the OT for the "International Edition"? I'm not much of an OT maker. The only reason I managed Cyber Sleuth was because I had already completed the game and was dedicated to shilling it 24/7. :p

B0SS607

Banned
So how many of you got to play Digimon World(1)?

I loved that game back in the day. It felt so rewarding to get your Digimon to evolve and the live combat was very unique for the time.

What's the consensus for the game around here? Good, bad, indifferent?

Watch Da Birdie

There's nothing like Digimon World 1, and the PSP version didn't live up to the original in my opinion---the original was clunky, weird, and obtuse and all the better for it.

World 1 needs to be added to the PSN one day.

So how many of you got to play Digimon World(1)?

I loved that game back in the day. It felt so rewarding to get your Digimon to evolve and the live combat was very unique for the time.

What's the consensus for the game around here? Good, bad, indifferent?
BEST GOAT. Generally people have fond memories of getting numemon+Sukamon which I didn't expect.
There's nothing like Digimon World 1, and the PSP version didn't live up to the original in my opinion---the original was clunky, weird, and obtuse and all the better for it.

World 1 Needs to be added to the PSN one day.

Redigitized was much more clunky imo.
There's been a petition since around ps3 launch T_T. Maybe if the ps4 gets ps1 playability BN will publish it.
One of the best things about dw1 was walking into an area with only 1 digimon, you knew shit was about to go down and needed to nope outta there.

A new Japanese trailer for Digimon World Next Order

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRacTAOk4-M

I tried to find anything new, but since I cant read Japanese, I dont think there was anything especially new that we didnt know.

I did try to find new DIgimons and I think there maybe more than 12 new Digimons now for certainly. The Egg selection seems to show 2 very different eggs that didnt seem to be in original one. The colors for new ones are red egg with white dots and egg similiar to Greymon's colors. If we can speculate I'd say red one with white dots might be Biyomon's egg, since that was only Adevnture partner that didnt get egg. Since Agumon's old egg is still there, I'm not sure what that Greymon egg is.

…Unless its just DLC eggs recolored that is…

EDIT: Actually the egg looks like purple and yellow colored, but that doesnt help identifying. I did notice Marineangemon seemed to be mistakenly classified as Virus. I hope this joins prerelease material mistakes like Red eyed Blackagumon and 6 winged Piddomon and will be corrected. The game also classifies new Frontier Digimon as Free types when Agunimon was Unknown type last time.

Am I only one who cares about small pointless details?

Watch Da Birdie

Appmon 10

Rei ended up being a little "deeper" than I expected, loved the little bits of comedy they added in like it being his idea to do a "Girls Only" party and him telling everyone to change.

The fight at the end was pretty alright despite the CG and all. About on par with previous Digimon series with a bunch of quick cuts and stock footage, but I felt it had a good flow and you got a feeling for how Raidramon overpowered them.

I realize Haru's friends have kind of disappeared since Eri and Astra joined. Guess they need to focus on the core cast for the moment, but I hope they eventually find their way into the fold.

Random Next Order screenshots showed off more of KaiserGreymon and MagnaGarurumon. It reminds me of how much I like KaiserGreymon.

It also reminds me this game is coming out in a couple of months. Did anyone here want to take the OT for the "International Edition"? I'm not much of an OT maker. The only reason I managed Cyber Sleuth was because I had already completed the game and was dedicated to shilling it 24/7. :p

I still hate MagnaGarurumon's design. He's not symmetrical (dumb thing but this really bothers me for some reason), has the massive gun but the small barrel, and looks so weak and frail without it.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Appmon 10

Rei ended up being a little "deeper" than I expected, loved the little bits of comedy they added in like it being his idea to do a "Girls Only" party and him telling everyone to change.

The fight at the end was pretty alright despite the CG and all. About on par with previous Digimon series with a bunch of quick cuts and stock footage, but I felt it had a good flow and you got a feeling for how Raidramon overpowered them.

I realize Haru's friends have kind of disappeared since Eri and Astra joined. Guess they need to focus on the core cast for the moment, but I hope they eventually find their way into the fold.

I actually thought Rei WAS his friend from the first ep (and then never seen again...) I guess it still might be him, but in disguise or something, since he already seemed sinister. Considering Rei though, having an Appmon that hacks makes for a great antagonist!

I like how we have a REAL Raidramon. I mean, "Raidramon" was really just a misstranslation from "Lightdramon" (but what else is new with Digimon dubbed names?) and now we have a "Reidramon", that really is supposed to be Raidramon :p

We'd probably have more activity if there was an Appmon simulcast. It just seems like it's hard for people to keep up with it right now, and that's really the interesting thing the franchise is doing currently.

Hopefully we'll start to see more activity once the 20th anniversary celebrations start.

Why is this thread so dead lol

While I do think Tri is fun to watch, it's become a little too slow for me and I'm no longer following news on it like I used to. I'm just waiting for the next movie to come out, which is when this thread tends to be the busiest.

Like Kuwabara said, Appmon is the best Digimon related thing right now. It's just hard to discuss here, because around four of us are posting about it, and we all seem to watch it on different days, lol. It would be nice if it was easier to watch.

While I do think Tri is fun to watch, it's become a little too slow for me and I'm no longer following news on it like I used to. I'm just waiting for the next movie to come out, which is when this thread tends to be the busiest.

Like Kuwabara said, Appmon is the best Digimon related thing right now. It's just hard to discuss here, because around four of us are posting about it, and we all seem to watch it on different days, lol. It would be nice if it was easier to watch.

Well not just Tri. There is also Next Order coming up, but not much discussion for that is happening either.

I havent watched latest few episodes for Appmon, but its shocking how enjoyable it has been so far. I would dare to say it might be better than Tri, if only because I have a feeling that Tri’s mystery might have a disappointing ending.

The only bad thing about Appmon is that deep down I have a feeling that its not doing financial well(videogame sales, toy sales and anime views) and who knows what other not good doing Digimon series will do to the franchise.

digital monster version 20th confirmed for june 2017 @ 3500 yen w/o tax, 2 colour models
looking at the scans, seems to have
- 2 on 2 tag battle
- ver 1 until 5 digimons
- 6 tier digivolution (from baby until mega)
- collection album
- web battle?

also I still need to catch up with appmon. last one 1 watched was the streamer guy introduction episode

digital monster version 20th confirmed for june 2017 @ 3500 yen w/o tax, 2 colour models
- 2 on 2 tag battle
- ver 1 until 5 digimons
- collection album
- web battle?

also I still need to catch up with appmon. last one 1 watched was the streamer guy introduction episode

Sweet. Having the Digimon from all of the first 5 versions plus Ultimates is pretty good. I wonder if there will be a couple of new Digimon added as well.

Stuart444

I'm just not posting much because my comp is out of commission and posting on my phone is a pain :/ I am reading the thread though.

Well not just Tri. There is also Next Order coming up, but not much discussion for that is happening either.

When significant news comes out for Digimon video games, I'll usually discuss it on the gaming side. Though Next Order is getting less discussion than Cyber Sleuth did, I think that has more to do with the fact that Cyber Sleuth had more riding on its success and a lot of us were pushing it hard.

I also think Next Order isn't quite as "attractive", graphics and game play wise. The Vita fiasco didn't help things.

- 2 on 2 tag battle
- ver 1 until 5 digimons
- collection album
- web battle?

Color me surprised at the relatively reasonable pricing.

So Appmon will be getting a new ending song in January. First time an ending has been changed this early in the series.

They've also teased GEM figures for Dukemon Crimson Mode and LadyDevimon. Definitely wasn't expecting either of those.

Color me surprised at the relatively reasonable pricing.

Definitely a pleasant surprise.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
They've also teased GEM figures for Dukemon Crimson Mode and LadyDevimon. Definitely wasn't expecting either of those.

Definitely a pleasant surprise.

*dead* Just saw those and ugh, more large figures I will need to get :x Darn you GEM!!!!! (You also started making large Pokemon ones with Ash/Charizard that I'll need now, too >_>)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I hope she doesn't get embargoed, too :/ Something does look a bit... off though about her pose, but I can't think of what it is.

DP but I figured it was worth a bump.

The Premium Bandai Store has a questionnaire for overseas buyers. As of now, to get anything from them, you'll have to go through an intermediary. This survey seems to be gauging whether they should sell to people overseas directly.

They have sold several exclusive Digimon items there, including the anniversary digivices.

via WtW

I filled the hell out of that. It would definitely be a help if they would sell to us directly instead of having to deal with middle men.

Top Bottom