• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| Vita Savers

My payment has been processed. I hope that my copy arrives pretty soon, because I'm itching to play this game. My Japanese has gotten kind of rusty, but it still looks like a lot of fun (and this should be a decent excuse to improve my language skills).

Team Palmon.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, you guys my japanese psn account needs more friends..if some of you want to add me :D "SesuadraSoryu" happy to play with you later

gonna play as Ami with Terriermon

Laws00

This game is a far cry from those kiddy games.

Looks hip as hell and might be a Digimon game I might actually want

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
what makes it stand out for me is that it looks like digimon x persona.

okay, I just don't know if I should buy it digital or retail. somehow I reaaaaally want to show of that case, but on the other hand is it just such a pain to carry memory cards with me..

why not both?
can't afford that >>

The game looks great. But on the review from Famitsu, what did they say about the gameplay? What are their qualms with the game since they gave it a 34/40?

what makes it stand out for me is that it looks like digimon x persona.

okay, I just don't know if I should buy it digital or retail. somehow I reaaaaally want to show of that case, but on the other hand is it just such a pain to carry memory cards with me..

why not both?
can't afford that >>

I read somewhere that it has occult themes mixed with technology, which sounds like Shin Megami Tensei to me.

Which is awesome.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
No videos or trailers in OP?! :p

Click the images in the media section. He made image links. Though sometimes those do not work correctly on mobile and wind up just displaying a separate picture of the image link instead. I should know since my OTs had similar issues when I tested it lol.

Nice job OP! :D
Shipping status is "Dispatch from outward office of exchange". Hopefully it's here Friday or Saturday. Also ordered the strategy guide, but honto hasn't even taken my payment yet. Should have just waited for it to go up on Amazon.jp. :p

Still undecided on my starter, I'll prob. flip a coin.

Stuart444

No videos or trailers in OP?! :p

Like this guy said:

Click the images in the media section. He made image links. Though sometimes those do not work correctly on mobile and wind up just displaying a separate picture of the image link instead. I should know since my OTs had similar issues when I tested it lol.

click the images. That should work I hope.

Oh, you guys my japanese psn account needs more friends..if some of you want to add me :D "SesuadraSoryu" happy to play with you later

gonna play as Ami with Terriermon

I'll probably use my english/UK account (though I'll redeem the pre-order codes on my JP account incase I decide to use that at any point) but if you or anyone else wants to add me it's "Stuart444", same as my username on here.

Just make sure anyone who adds me, mention you're from GAF/your username if possible just since I don't usually add randoms unless I know them from someplace like here :)

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I'll probably use my english/UK account (though I'll redeem the pre-order codes on my JP account incase I decide to use that at any point) but if you or anyone else wants to add me it's "Stuart444", same as my username on here.

Just make sure anyone who adds me, mention you're from GAF/your username if possible just since I don't usually add randoms unless I know them from someplace like here :)

only have my japanese account vita with me in japan :D!

gonna get ready to be at yodobashi at 9:30. will report back later.

Stuart444

only have my japanese account vita with me in japan :D!

gonna get ready to be at yodobashi at 9:30. will report back later.

Haha fair enough though still feel free to add me if you wish. Also looking forward to impressions.

I didn't actually know this game had MP until I made this thread btw. I'm guessing it's Arena/vs based like previous Digimon titles.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Like this guy said:

click the images. That should work I hope.

On a PC the image links should work no problem. On mobile seems to be hit or miss due to how the browsers handle images. I still have not come up with a solution, then again have not looked too deeply into it either past knowing that there is an issue at times D:

Good news is that your image links seem to work no problem on my android using chrome. Just tested it.

Not sure why mine get screwed up at times.

Yukianesa

Neo Member
I didn't actually know this game had MP until I made this thread btw. I'm guessing it's Arena/vs based like previous Digimon titles.

From what I can remember, it seems like it will follow a system similar to Pokemon.

Your party's Digimon is limited to level 50 when you challenge other players, but the way you train/raise your Digimon will be the difference even if the both of you have the same kind of Digimon.

Multiplayer will also have rank battles. You can become the best fighter in the world!

If you don't feel like playing online, there's always the option of fighting NPC Hackers. Defeating one grants access to stronger opponents.

All of this is done through the Coliseum at the Game Centre in-game (wherever that is)!

Stuart444

Thanks for testing it Parakeetman. Didn't know it had issues or I would have tested it on my Android Phone/iPad

From what I can remember, it seems like it will follow a system similar to Pokemon.

Your party's Digimon is limited to level 50 when you challenge other players, but the way you train/raise your Digimon will be the difference even if the both of you have the same kind of Digimon.

Multiplayer will also have rank battles. You can become the best fighter in the world!

If you don't feel like playing online, there's always the option of fighting NPC Hackers. Defeating one grants access to stronger opponents.

All of this is done through the Coliseum at the Game Centre in-game (wherever that is)!

Thanks for the info. Didn't know all this!

TreIII

Great OP.

Hoping that I'll be able to get those First Run DLCs with my preorder. I gotta have my boy BlackWargreymon (and the Omegamon Zwart) as soon as possible!

Reszo

Ugh I want this, I haven't played a Digimon game since World 3. Please Namco localize this, I'm using all my strength not to import this because I want to understand whats going on.
They localized that rumble game so this has a good chance, right..right?

Ugh I want this, I haven't played a Digimon game since World 3. Please Namco localize this, I'm using all my strength not to import this because I want to understand whats going on.
They localized that rumble game so this has a good chance, right..right?

Rumble was made for the west after we asked for Re: Digitize. It wasn't localized.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I hope that Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode will get localized.

Don't know why but I have this strange feeling that it will get localized.

but but all-star rumble didn't sell very well

I swear if Namco is using that sub par that they pretty much sent out to die as the bases if they should localized the better Digimon games then I am gonna be mighty pissed off.

JCX

My vita thirsts for this. An original Vita RPG from one of my favorite franchises. Sony please #buildthelist

Mr-Joker

Banned
Haven't watched digimon since I was kid but the idea of running around a jrpg with a Metal Greymon is pretty awesome. Hope it gets localized.

I remember when I got Metal Greymon in the PS1 Digimon World, I was soo happy as all my hard work paid off. So when he died of old age I was really heartbroken and didn't have the desire to raise another Digimon.

cj_iwakura

I know he's an easy target, but I really dig the artist's style. He's from the IIDX school of art design. He likes his guys cool and his girls hot, and that's not a bad thing.

Wait, MASAFUMI TAKADA!? WTF?

Stuart444

I know he's an easy target, but I really dig the artist's style. He's from the IIDX school of art design. He likes his guys cool and his girls hot, and that's not a bad thing.

I like the art style, looks so nice imo. :D

Also yeah, Masafumi Takada is doing the music :D I have that cyberpunk-ish theme in my head after watching those trailers again when I was making the OT.

cj_iwakura

I like the art style, looks so nice imo. :D

Also yeah, Masafumi Takada is doing the music :D I have that cyberpunk-ish theme in my head after watching those trailers again when I was making the OT.

1323642517223.gif

xzeldax3

This looks like a childhood fan's dream. A more mature look and story is awesome. I hope Pokemon gets a game like this.

Top Bottom