• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| Vita Savers

Sealtest

Can't wait for my cd japan order to come in!

Hopefully iphone translate will help me fumble through the game.

Also my first vita game purchase ever! Usually I just play ps+ games.

Stuart444

Loving the look of it from the streams already. I like Nokia's voice. Arata's as well

Ok, watched up to the first battle but stopped after that due to some annoyances with the stream chat and host. but anyway... the models look great in-game.

Music is also great but that Cyber-ish theme will be in my head all night now.

Stuart444

Haha, Agumon and Gabumon are so cute. :3

There is a reason I made them images in the op ;)

Also left this out of my last post but yeah, seems like the gameplay is very similar to Adventure (at least battle system wise). :D Not a bad thing, I prefer it over the first person style of the DS Story games (Digimon Story/World DS)

Here's hoping this makes it over alongside God Eater 2. This game oozes style and it hits the right nostalgia feels just looking at the little Digimon.

There is a reason I made them images in the op ;)

Also left this out of my last post but yeah, seems like the gameplay is very similar to Adventure (at least battle system wise). :D Not a bad thing, I prefer it over the first person style of the DS Story games (Digimon Story/World DS)

It seems to be a good mix of Adventure and Story.

And it looks like there are 240 Digimon in this game if the "Digi-dex" is to be believed. I don't know if we knew that yet or not.

So I have a quick question...can anyone confirm that Veemon is in the game?
Yes.
http://gematsu.com/2015/02/digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-seven-minute-trailer
Es5sAOj.jpg

Stuart444

It seems to be a good mix of Adventure and Story.

And it looks like there are 240 Digimon in this game if the "Digi-dex" is to be believed. I don't know if we knew that yet or not.

I don't think we have an exact count (Was it announced how many are in the game?) but I knew it was the largest amount of Digimon in a game yet. (over 200, defo)

I don't think we have an exact count (Was it announced how many are in the game?) but I knew it was the largest amount of Digimon in a game yet. (over 200, defo)
When the streamer opened the "Digi-dex" (or whatever it's really called) it seemed to say something about DLC. I don't know if the 240 count includes that.

240? That's a pretty huge amount given how nice the models are and that this is the first time using them.

There is a weirdly high amount of effort put into this game. I've got to say I'm liking it.

And it looks like most of streamers are picking Terriermon. It sort of makes me want to go with Palmon or Hagurumon. >.>

I think the closest official count given was something like "over 230". I think the total revealed ones pre-release got us up to around 220, so there should at least be a few surprises.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I hope no one is mad that i post this picture again here.

Of course I forgot the 10k yen psn giftcard. lucky that I have a 7/11 right beside the hotel. Game just started downloading.

aaaand I made a double post. sorry guys -_-

Sitrus

Got to play a bit before going to sleep. This surely feels like a game I will like. Great visual presentaion, great character models and native resolution. Too bad there's no camera control though.
I love the art style and it's the first time I've seen his art translate to 3D that well.

There's voices during scenes, but not random voices as they're walking around.

I haven't been paying attention to the cut scenes. Weird they be voiced there, but not during the character portrait moments.

Wait, we are still talking about the player characters, right?

Sitrus

I haven't been paying attention to the cut scenes. Weird they be voiced there, but not during the character portrait moments.

Wait, we are still talking about the player characters, right?

I still have yet to hear the player character speak a word, but the other main characters are speaking during event scenes.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
interesting they dont allow for alphabet names with the MC must be to prevent easy to written swear words lol.

really nice game i should play on the psvtv

dig the music too really done. this game most def is gonna sell bigtime

I still have yet to hear the player character speak a word, but the other main characters are speaking during event scenes.

Yeah, that's what makes it kind of weird. You'll have a couple characters talk for a while then the main one will just cock their head and the others will act like something was said. If the character was blank, I'd understand, but he/she seems to have a personality of some kind.

It's not that big of a deal though.

Parakeetman

Yeah, that's what makes it kind of weird. You'll have a couple characters talk for a while then the main one will just cock their head and the others will act like something was said. If the character was blank, I'd understand, but he/she seems to have a personality of some kind.

It's not that big of a deal though.

its not all that odd having a mute MC its generally a design choice. its not something that is uncommon to the genre.

its not all that odd having a mute MC its generally a design choice. its not something that is uncommon to the genre.

I'm used to blank-slate MCs that are mute. But I guess I haven't played many voiced RPGs with non-blank-slate MCs.

Besides, for all I know they are saying nothing of substance in the few sentences I've seen them have.

Parakeetman

I'm used to blank-slate MCs that are mute. But I guess I haven't played many voiced RPGs with non-blank-slate MCs.

Besides, for all I know they are saying nothing of substance in the few sentences I've seen them have.

Its similar to Persona 3 / 4 as a more recent example where outside of battle the MC never really had a voice. It was only until the Anime that they actually got lines and such. VAs are listed but that seems to be more for in battle related stuff similar to the 2 persona examples.

Its similar to Persona 3 / 4 as a more recent example where outside of battle the MC never really had a voice. It was only until the Anime that they actually got lines and such. VAs are listed but that seems to be more for in battle related stuff similar to the 2 persona examples.

But I always considered those two to be blank-slates.

Then again they have a bit of personality in their thoughts and actions.

I don't know anymore, lol. Maybe it's the MCs portrait throwing me off.

Parakeetman

But I always considered those two to be blank-slates.

Then again they have a bit of personality in their thoughts and actions.

I don't know anymore, lol. Maybe it's the MCs portrait throwing me off.

esp with persona 4 they gave the mc more of a personality reflected by the players choices.

----

really must say that this game is some high quality stuff music graphics voice work

most def an A team was put on this project.

one thing you can tell is that it was made for old fans of the series who are now adults rather than for kids.

Definitely getting this when it comes over. Haven't played a Digimon game since Rumble Arena lol, really itching for one after hearing about this one.

Hastati

The latest 7 minute trailer for this game totally sold me. Independent of (or distantly related to) the increase in life and hometown, it has a great atmosphere and looks to have a decent amount of depth as well.

AESplusF

What the hell this is probably one of the best looking games on Vita.
I kind of want it now considering I watched the Digimon movie as a kid and had the cards...

Parakeetman

looking at the index there appears to be
digimon types. pretty good number there.

really must say that this game is some high quality stuff music graphics voice work

most def an A team was put on this project.

one thing you can tell is that it was made for old fans of the series who are now adults rather than for kids.

With this and Tri it definitely looks like they are trying to appeal to older fans. I very much appreciate it. :p (I do not appreciate all the kanji, though...)

Let's do this!

I love the cover art for this game, so pretty.

Parakeetman

capturing is done automatically by number of times you encounter a monster. once the scan is complete you take the data to the digilabs digibank and convert it into a digimon

Top Bottom