• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth to receive physical English Vita release in Asia

notaskwid

Will still be getting the digital version, I don't think physical is worth higher price+shipping fee+possible custom fees. Plus the possibility of having to play on an asian account if I want the dlcs.

You'll miss out on the new pre.order DLC at least, not sure what else the game has.

DSCS_BeautyShot_100915_MC_a6v3.jpg

bear in mind the english may not be great though

I'd honestly hope they would be using the translation we get for it in the West, rather than waste money having it done again for Asia. The only games where this is an issue are the ones that only get a translation for Asia and we don't see any version of them here.

Takao

Banned
Is this a joke or what? Hahaa!

Im not sure if there are any differences with R3 and R1 releases but their localization seem to be consistent on both regions (i.e. graces f, xillia, etc)

They're going to use the same translation from the American version.

I'd honestly hope they would be using the translation we get for it in the West, rather than waste money having it done again for Asia. The only games where this is an issue are the ones that only get a translation for Asia and we don't see any version of them here.

It'll have the exact same localization as the NA version

I think he's dissing the English translation in general.

They're the exact same, yours only has additional themes which I don't consider DLC. I took the picture from amazon

They'll probably release the Vita themes as paid content afterwards, but still it's a bonus you get by buying the NA/EU Vita version.

The only reason you'll want the DLC is if you want the Digimon. If you don't care about Beelzemon BM, Kerpymon (Black), or the BlackAgumon/BlackGabumon lines, it won't be much of a loss.

Hopefully the Demon Lord DLC is just part of the main game now.

Stuart444

I don't remember the DLC being a big deal, but still, just a warning.

It's a 'big deal' if you want to take on the Demon Lords. Some fun challenging boss fights :D (this assumes they are DLC and doesn't come with the games directly that is)

Also if you're a completionist, you'll want the DLC to fill up your Digimon encyclopedia.

Silly question, but I just need to know before I order:

Will I only be able to engage in online battles with people from that region or can I still fight against my friends here in the US?

Has anyone played the JPN version? How is it? I'm intrigued by the game because I loved the Digimon games from PS1 era.

Stuart444

Pre-ordered, a phsyical copy is more worth it than useless DLCs.

Did you compare them? Because the Vita version has no issues.

PS4 version runs at 60fps. Vita doesn't.

I can compare them properly when the PS4 version is out but the only fact we have really is that the PS4 version is 60fps which makes it better than the Vita version technically. (well that and the higher resolution).

Not that the Vita version is bad or anything. But the better looking and better performing version will be the PS4 version anyway.

Prelude.

PS4 version runs at 60fps. Vita doesn't.

I can compare them properly when the PS4 version is out but the only fact we have really is that the PS4 version is 60fps which makes it better than the Vita version technically. (well that and the higher resolution).

Not that the Vita version is bad or anything. But the better looking and better performing version will be the PS4 version anyway.
PS4 looks pretty bad honestly, and it's not like it's gonna be "60fps" until you actually play and confirm it, it might just be unlocked.

Prelude.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/757436-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth/73021413

Someone got the PS4 version and compared it here including screenshots.
It looks awful indeed. Aliasing and horrible upscaled textures.
But still, people say games are "60fps" all the time if they're more than 30. A random dude saying it's 60 it's not a confirmation. Revengeance is a "60fps" game too but it's actually not. I'd rather get a 30fps game if it's stable and a higher framerate does nothing to improve gameplay (i.e. turn based rpg).

Sealtest

So it's pretty much the west version just for the asian region? Oh boy I don't think this will sit well with the people in the west who want a phsyical version.

Prelude.

So it's pretty much the west version just for the asian region? Oh boy I don't think this will sit well with the people in the west who want a phsyical version.
Why not? I wanted a physical english version and now I can have it since the Vita is region free. I'd have been more pissed if there was no physical version at all.
Asian english versions are a godsend when western publishers fuck up.

Mr-Joker

Banned

Yeah I am kinda annoyed but eh it's Namco West loss if chose to buy the Asian version instead.

Though I do run the risk of the game not selling well and we don't get anymore Digimon games localized and I am locked out of the DLC since my vita is set to the European account.

Prelude.

Yeah I am kinda annoyed but eh it's Namco West loss if chose to buy the Asian version instead.

Though I do run the risk of the game not selling well and we don't get anymore Digimon games localized and I am locked out of the DLC since my vita is set to the European account.
I'm not 100% sure but I assume Bamco will be aware of who's buying those copies from Play Asia.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/757436-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth/73021413

Someone got the PS4 version and compared it here including screenshots.

Huh, no AA at all? I was never good at telling, but I could have sworn the livestreams looked better in that department.

As for Vita issues, the only thing I can think of are the areas where the frame rate struggles (walking under trees in Shinjuku being one I remember). There is only one place it particularly bothered me though.

Sealtest

Why not? I wanted a physical english version and now I can have it since the Vita is region free. I'd have been more pissed if there was no physical version at all.
Asian english versions are a godsend when western publishers fuck up.

People like us have no problem importing though, as seen from namdai's facebook and twitter they demand a release here not a copy they can import.

I plan on buying this just because i'd like to have it for my collection to go with my JP release but I understand why someone would rather get one locally then having to import it.

Prelude.

Huh, no AA at all? I was never good at telling, but I could have sworn the livestreams looked better in that department.
Well, you were watching a stream, that's not uncompressed footage, jaggies are not as visible on that video quality.

People like us have no problem importing though, as seen from namdai's facebook and twitter they demand a release here not a copy they can import.

I plan on buying this just because i'd like to have it for my collection to go with my JP release but I understand why someone would rather get one locally then having to import it.
Sure, I'd rather not import too. But the issue is that the west is not getting it, not that asia is getting it. At least I have a choice now.

Stuart444

As for Vita issues, the only thing I can think of are the areas where the frame rate struggles (walking under trees in Shinjuku being one I remember). There is only one place it particularly bothered me though.

Might be due to the higher resolution making it seem smoother? Just a guess.

Also A sale for Bamco Asia only counts towards that region. They will not be 'aware' of people from outside asia importing the game from asia.

I doubt Bamco EU or NA have faith in Cyber Sleuth selingl well. I'm surprised there is any physical versions in the west at all for the PS4 version. Best case scenario, it sells decently and we might get a new game. Worse case: We're ending on a fantastic note with Cyber Sleuth.

On the bright side, it coming out a month before Digimon Tri 2 might help it sell better. Heres hoping anyway lol.

Top Bottom