• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon World: -Next Order- |OT| Back To The Digital World We Go...

AlanOC91

Need a confirmation: Does using a digi-evolve item not give bonus stats for digi-evolving? Basically the same as the original game?

Just unlocked
BranchoLeoMon
for the town and holy crap does he sell good items.

Digi-evolution items for 1000 bits. There is one to dig-ievolve into Greymon for only 1000 bits
:O

Anybody in chapter 3 noticed a massive slowdown in digivolution requirements? Training almost never gives me one and battling gives like 2-3 a day.

I know about cherubimon. Buyt other than the treasure hunter, digivolution items are hard to get.

Kouriozan

Anybody in chapter 3 noticed a massive slowdown in digivolution requirements? Training almost never gives me one and battling gives like 2-3 a day.
I'm at the end of Chapter 2 and I noticed this (I should be at the 6th generations), funnily it was right after I got Antylamon (trade digivolution item for requirement infos)
WereGarurumon sell some for 2.000 bits, iirc, checking now.

Edited and he does.

MongKey

Managed to finish off the Leomon quests before my 2nd gen megas died. Currently on my 3rd gen megas, Vikemon and Darkdramon, and their starting stats are insane. 2ks in each stats plus 25k Hp and 15k Mp but seeing as the balance of the game is completely out of whack, I'm not surprised if a super high level rookie or champion tank them later on. The balance is mind boggling.

It does make the game a constant challenge yet it's disheartening when my megas are having trouble coping with a group of Solarmons in Faulty Ex Machina. I wonder how far my 3rd gen mons can go before needing to reborn and power up. On the bright side, Lvl 4 item shops now sell 20k Hp recovery items so that should help a ton and Etemon stock exchange helps in making some bits.

General tips:
You can see a list of materials that you have collected in the builder menu by talking with Veemon. In that list, if you highlight any material, it will tell you where to generally find them in the descriptions. Though some materials can be farmed easily in specific locations. For example, DigiBamboo is easily available in the Hidden Red House area in Logic Volcano although it can also be found uncommonly in Power Plant #2 in Nigh Plains.

DigiAcid which is used to level up the meat farm to lvl 2 is easily available in Power Plant #2 in a fixed spot near the giant lemons. Upgrading the farm early will open up a 2nd slot for the farm which will help in stocking up meats early on.

AlanOC91

Is there a reason when I activate my finishing move that basically nothing happens? :-/ Multiple times now in the one fight.

Good-bye my friend. He should be passing away now any minute. He's making the noises :(
jhr852A.jpg

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
14 hours+ left to download this...why. :(

Glad I'm off tommorow...by the way, before I start, how exactly does the difficulty system work? Is there any downside to going Easy?

I'm at the end of Chapter 2 and I noticed this (I should be at the 6th generations), funnily it was right after I got Antylamon (trade digivolution item for requirement infos)
WereGarurumon sell some for 2.000 bits, iirc, checking now.

Edited and he does.

Thanks, I don't have him recruited yet, guess i need to go find him ^^

Kouriozan

Recruited BanchoLeomon, wow even on Easy he was impossible (luckied an ExE evolution at death),
he sells digivolution items at 1.000 bits, even cheaper!
One of my current Digimon is Vikemon and he's so damn huge lol

iY0EXLTl.jpg

This is at maximum zoomed out.

Recruited BanchoLeomon, wow even on Easy he was impossible (luckied an ExE evolution at death),
he sells digivolution items at 1.000 bits, even cheaper!
One of my current Digimon is Vikemon and he's so damn huge lol

iY0EXLTl.jpg

This is at maximum zoomed out.

Yessss pictures!

I like the scale of the Digimon, though I imagine it could get annoying if they get in the way.

Can't wait to get out of work and finally play this game, it arrived in my mail 20 minutes after I started work.

I still have to wait a few more days. It's getting harder to be patient. ;_;

I've had the worst luck. My despite trying to branch off in stats my Agumon and Gabumon evolved into two Sabredramons. From there my only real option at this point in the game was to go with two Megadramons from there since the other choices were way out of reach. (1440 INT?!)

Now I'm stuck with two of the same for what's likely their lifespan :( They hate each other too and keep arguing whenever they get near each other.

bomer

Hey so my first Digimon game was last year's cyber Sleuth and I really enjoyed it. Didn't finish but pumped a good 30 hours in and ended up buying on both platforms. I really liked the evolution system, it made grinding so rewarding. I thought the story was ok but a bit too much down time in between sometimes.

Should I pick this up or is it worth me trying to go back and pick up cyber Sleuth to finish?

Hey so my first Digimon game was last year's cyber Sleuth and I really enjoyed it. Didn't finish but pumped a good 30 hours in and ended up buying on both platforms. I really liked the evolution system, it made grinding so rewarding. I thought the story was ok but a bit too much down time in between sometimes.

Should I pick this up or is it worth me trying to go back and pick up cyber Sleuth to finish?

This does not play the same as Cyber Sleuth. It is a sequel to the original Digimon World, which was based off the Digital Monster V-pet.

I would suggest looking up a gameplay video to see if it would be for you.

As for Cyber Sleuth, I'd suggest finishing it, but I also really liked the late-game in it.

I don't know why I was expecting the old voice actors from the dub.
It's an alright dub so far though.

It looks they got Mari Devon (who was Togemon, Renamon, etc.) for Taomon, which is neat.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if anyone asked in the past pages...

But are the digital sountrack bonuses not rippable?? Every other digital soundtracks I've had, had come with an option to stick on a flashdrive. DRM, I guess? :/

sensui-tomo

I don't know why I was expecting the old voice actors from the dub.
It's an alright dub so far though.

It'd be a little jarring to have mona marshal voice mameo again (although for me personally i'd love every moment of it)

just got home so now its time for me to binge this game and try to get a metalgreymon(virus) and Metal Mamemon

I've had the worst luck. My despite trying to branch off in stats my Agumon and Gabumon evolved into two Sabredramons. From there my only real option at this point in the game was to go with two Megadramons from there since the other choices were way out of reach. (1440 INT?!)

Now I'm stuck with two of the same for what's likely their lifespan :( They hate each other too and keep arguing whenever they get near each other.

if it's their first lifecycle, that's to be expected

for whatever reason they make the things people are likely to want take more effort than you'll have time to give the first time around before they autoevolve

my first two life cycles were random digimon because i couldn't get the reqs in time

i'm well on my way to lilithmon now though

not sure what i really want to do with the other one

i'm having fun with this game. i feel like i'm going hella slow though. i'm still on chapter one even though my trainer level just hit 20 lol.

Watch Da Birdie

Does the Chapter format make the game a tad more linear? I liked how open-ended World 1 was, for the most part you weren't really blocked from anywhere if you could sneak by the foes, but I can see how that might've made it tough for folks who might've wandered into over-powered enemies and weren't sure where to go first.

...anyway, I've been downloading for six hours and only have 1 GB. What's up with my PS4, it's never taken this long!

Cynn

This game and Cyber Sleuth are totally different. Cyber Sleuth is a JRPG with detailed graphics and a dark-ish storyline. New Order is graphically less impressive but takes place in a more open world. The systems to digivolve, fight and pretty much everything else are totally different.

The games are so different that you're not going to burn out going between the two. I'd suggest you grab New Order now and show launch support for localized Digimon games. The story in Cyber Sleuth gets a lot better after the first 30 hours. I'm really surprised how much I've enjoyed that aspect of it. I LOVE monster training games and it's so nice to have one that's not aimed at the youth demographic. It's wonderfully weird to see the occult, murder, sex dolls, genocide, stalkers and more in a monster trainer game. I also love the digivolution system in CS as you do. It's awesome to build, rebuild and spec across a myriad of possible monsters as opposed to most games with a set line of progression.

I'm actually in the final stages of my Cyber Sleuth platinum right now. I got New Order on launch and am messing with it inbetween that mission. lol

It'd be a little jarring to have mona marshal voice mameo again (although for me personally i'd love every moment of it)

just got home so now its time for me to binge this game and try to get a metalgreymon(virus) and Metal Mamemon

"Wooooow MetalGreymon and MetalMamemon!"

Does the Chapter format make the game a tad more linear? I liked how open-ended World 1 was, for the most part you weren't really blocked from anywhere if you could sneak by the foes, but I can see how that might've made it tough for folks who might've wandered into over-powered enemies and weren't sure where to go first.

...anyway, I've been downloading for six hours and only have 1 GB. What's up with my PS4, it's never taken this long!

Have you tried pausing and unpausing the download? Sometimes that helps.

GUILMON'S VOICE
Shit.

Got a Guardromon and ClearAgumon right now.
They love each other and have 100 happiness so I must be doing something right!

Watch Da Birdie

"Wooooow MetalGreymon and MetalMamemon!"

Have you tried pausing and unpausing the download? Sometimes that helps.

Shit, just did that and now it's going normal...can't believe I didn't think of doing that. Now it's time for bed lol.

Well, catch you guys in the Digital World tomorrow.

NMFried

Just so I'm clear. (I've always been a huge Digimon fan but never played the original Digimon World games because we had an N64)

I should be spending an enormous amount of time in each area before progressing, correct?

Qwark

It hasn't for me. I'm still on chapter 1, but I've run into many areas where I shouldn't have been. So far the chapters haven't gotten in the way at all.

MongKey

Anyone knows what counts as a training fault/mistake? I just found out that dying in battle doesn't count as one.

The chapters seems to serve as a device to funnel the player through an overarching story and something to strive for while playing. Yes, there are still some areas that are locked out by the story but it's few and far between. You can still wander off into high level areas to collect materials and such. For example, the Mod ship area which is easily accessible early on, way before you are intended to go there later in the game. By the time you progress the story, you should be able to handle most enemies in the next intended area.

RockmanBN

Oh boy the difference between easy(Normal) and normal(Hard) is staggerimg. Stat requirements are much higher and training results in less stats. I'm getting 15 points per 1.25 bonus while my brother is getting 25ish for the same thing with easier requirements.

Stull, I'm enjoying the game greatly. I always loved not knowing what my digivolve into. It'll feel rewarding once I get a few generations in to get the Digimon I want.

Anyone knows what counts as a training fault/mistake? I just found out that dying in battle doesn't count as one.

not taking them to the restroom definitely does

not feeding them probably does, not healing an injury might

not letting them rest when they're tired/letting them sleep when they're zzz tired might

MongKey

not letting them rest when they're tired/letting them sleep when they're zzz tired might
Thanks.

Guess you have to be deliberate to make some care mistakes since the game makes these easily avoidable.

I've made some good story progress with my first two Megas, Chaosgallantmon and Marineangemon, but I think I've hit another power level wall.
I've had to rely on ExE during my last story fight to stand a chance at all.
These two are getting pretty old though, so it'll be up to the next generation.

There's a Gummymon NPC in town that mentions that your parters going to sleep on their own due to you not letting them is a Training Fault.

What should my stats be around before I try taking on Champion level Digimon? Just got both of my Digimon to Champion level (Saberdramon and Meramon) but the Redvegimon in the second area are destroying me.

AlanOC91

What should my stats be around before I try taking on Champion level Digimon? Just got both of my Digimon to Champion level (Saberdramon and Meramon) but the Redvegimon in the second area are destroying me.

Those RedVegimon in particular are extremely difficult. They have an insanely strong technique called "Firewall" that has a base damage of around 500ish.

You're looking at having around 1200+ in stats I reckon to easily take them out.

Stuart444

Wait, really? Is it still a "he" in English, because that would be neat, if so.

Regardless, Mari Devon voiced a few Digimon characters and it's great they brought her back for this.

PM'd

Yes, they say he in english. Still pretty cool to hear the VA voice Taomon again.

I'd personally train them to Ultimate as soon as possible but strength at around 800+ should be good I think? Still get Ultimates and you should be good for a bit. (also learn the defend tamer skill early on)

On another note, I had two MegaKabutermon (Blue) from two different rookies (a Tentomon and a Wormmon), that made me sad :(.

I also haven't had a Mega yet though hopefully that will change soon enough.

Also, how many chapter are in the story?

MongKey

~700-800 Str and Sta should be just enough to deal damage and survive though I would just evolved them into Ultimates to be sure. You should ignore them early on and just focus on recruiting the digimons that is easily reachable and continuing the story.

Those Redvegimons are sort of your first power level wall; when you can handily beat them, then it should be smooth sailing until you next wall.

still in chapter one . . . i assume the end is coming up . . . . .

boss fight in the place after the spa/oasis is killing me

getting one shotted and doing crap for damage with the highest evo

sad times ahead

Stuart444

sad times ahead

Two Ultimates with defend tamer skill will help. Also learn at least one powerful move. (500+ power I'd guess)

Besides that keep trying.

AlanOC91

sad times ahead

Can you eXe Digivolve for 150 OP from each mon? That'll make it easy.

TIP for those who don't know: If you hit "X" to support for OP points you normally get 5. If you do it right as a move hits (when you see the red numbers over the enemy to indicate damage done) then you will get way more OP, upwards of +30, +40.

Took me ages to figure that out but using Finishing Moves/eXe became a LOT easier after it.

MongKey

sad times ahead
Is your digimons friendship at 90+? If so then you can try raising their order points to 150 in the fight and ExE digivolve.

You can also press square to check the boss's target and command the targeted digimon to defend all fight which should negate most of the damage. Let the other one wail on the boss and increase its order points so it can spam its finishing move. I did this since his laser attack deal ~5k damage and the defend command reduce it to a manageable ~1k. Took a while though.

If all else fails then train, explore, scrounge for materials and bits until you get your next gen digimons which should be stronger and more adequate to take on the boss.

TIP for those who don't know: If you hit "X" to support for OP points you normally get 5. If you do it right as a move hits (when you see the red numbers over the enemy to indicate damage done) then you will get way more OP, upwards of +30, +40.

Took me ages to figure that out but using Finishing Moves/eXe became a LOT easier after it.
I'll echo this as well.

It's essential farther into the game since using a finishing move not only save MP but also survival in fights against multiple digimons at once.

Stuart444

Can you eXe Digivolve for 150 OP from each mon? That'll make it easy.

I had no idea about this, but I guess it explains why sometimes I get +36 order points while spamming support lol.

Anyway, I just got these two new champions:

Didn't expect RedVeedramon but not complaining.

Currently it is 1 day out of sync with Gargomon so not too bad at the moment. Is there a way to fix it if one goes way out of sync i.e one becomes a Mega and one dies at Ultimate? I remember that being an issue with a few people.

Top Bottom