• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon World: -Next Order- |OT| Back To The Digital World We Go...

Kouriozan

Is there a way to fix it if one goes way out of sync i.e one becomes a Mega and one dies at Ultimate? I remember that being an issue with a few people.

Yes, there is chips that decrease lifespan by 1 day like the original game, and a Digimon that can transfer 6 hours of life of one Digimon to the other
MarineAngemon
, once per day.

Stuart444

Yes, there is chips that decrease lifespan by 1 day like the original game, and a Digimon that can transfer 6 hours of life of one Digimon to the other
MarineAngemon
, once per day.

How do you get it / when can you get it? (I saw
MarineAngemon
at one point earlier on which is why I want to know)

MongKey

I had no idea about this, but I guess it explains why sometimes I get +36 order points while spamming support lol.

Anyway, I just got these two new champions:

Didn't expect RedVeedramon but not complaining.

Currently it is 1 day out of sync with Gargomon so not too bad at the moment. Is there a way to fix it if one goes way out of sync i.e one becomes a Mega and one dies at Ultimate? I remember that being an issue with a few people.
You can recruit a digimon that can transfer 6 hours of a partner digimon life to the other granted they have more than 2 days left in his life. Should help with little out of sync issues.

For those that are way out of sync, feeding one of them devil chips will hasten their dead so that they can resync as well.

MarineAngemon
The recruitable one is located in the Mod ship area, specifically Mod ship 3 beyond the captain's quarters.

Kouriozan

MarineAngemon
Cape MOD the place with the pirate ships, go West in the first zone and follow the path until you get near the exit to Ex Machina, MarineAngemon will be there asking to find items on the floor.

Stuart444

Is there any way to reset the game without exiting the game entirely?

Asking because I don't want to waste parts of my digimon lifes by constantly retrying certain bosses but it's annoying to exit the game each time I want to reload.

EDIT:

C3lf8hoWYAA2iS7.jpg:orig

My first two Mega digimon!

I was aiming to get Kentaurosmon but went a little too much over the weight requirement and ended up getting MegaGargomon. Still I'm happy with these two.

Stuart444

So I faced off against two little annoying Digimon in the wastes
Greymon (blue) and Garurumon (Black)

My two megas got destroyed by them and they were just champions :(

then out of no where... EXE Evolution. ShineGreymon BM is here, Wipes the floor with them.

then rematch, my digimon have 1hp. Welp. I'm not even mad because that out of no where EXE was so cooool.

bonus pic of ShineGreymon:

thanks for the replies everyone

after a few hours of sleep i'm ready to tackle this again

Two Ultimates with defend tamer skill will help. Also learn at least one powerful move. (500+ power I'd guess)

Besides that keep trying.

i don't have the skill, but i guess i'll need it. like MongKey says, that 5k skill is kicking my ass. gonna have to grind for trainer exp looks like

e: turns out i was saving points for something else, so at least i won't have to grind for the defend skill

Can you eXe Digivolve for 150 OP from each mon? That'll make it easy.

TIP for those who don't know: If you hit "X" to support for OP points you normally get 5. If you do it right as a move hits (when you see the red numbers over the enemy to indicate damage done) then you will get way more OP, upwards of +30, +40.

Took me ages to figure that out but using Finishing Moves/eXe became a LOT easier after it.

yea, i knew about that. the game tells you that you can increase the points by doing it when attacks hit and when you take damage, though i don't get it consistently with some attacks. i'll have to be more careful with the timings

so, about exe fusing . . . in my quest for lilithmon (i got piedmon ._.) he doesn't like me as much anymore, so fusing wasn't an immediate option. since i need to grind for the defend skill though, it shouldn't be a problem to get that option back

Is your digimons friendship at 90+? If so then you can try raising their order points to 150 in the fight and ExE digivolve.

You can also press square to check the boss's target and command the targeted digimon to defend all fight which should negate most of the damage. Let the other one wail on the boss and increase its order points so it can spam its finishing move. I did this since his laser attack deal ~5k damage and the defend command reduce it to a manageable ~1k. Took a while though.

If all else fails then train, explore, scrounge for materials and bits until you get your next gen digimons which should be stronger and more adequate to take on the boss.

I'll echo this as well.

It's essential farther into the game since using a finishing move not only save MP but also survival in fights against multiple digimons at once.

gonna try doing this, i'd rather the fight take awhile than having to come back after a full gen

thanks again guys

then out of no where... EXE Evolution. ShineGreymon BM is here, Wipes the floor with them.

then rematch, my digimon have 1hp. Welp. I'm not even mad because that out of no where EXE was so cooool.

bonus pic of ShineGreymon:

That whole thing was a bit of the blue yeah. I rocked up with two Sabredramon and got schooled. Not even sure I want to bother with trying my Megadramon with them. They're some tough rookies.

Drop

Sadly I'll have to wait a bit longer to get the game but I'm so excited about it, I'll join you all as soon as I can.

On another note while it was expected I'm kind of bummed this game didn't generate nearly as much buzz as cyber sleuth, I hope it doesn't affect the future of the series negatively :/

Kouriozan

At worst the next new game has high chance to be a Story one, so they'll try again because Cyber Sleuth did better than expected.

sensui-tomo

This game even has Gumdramon!
Didn't expect that since Xros Wars didn't have levels.

you think that's something big? it has some digimon from .... Frontier? i think (whatever had the kids turn into digimon , not Tamers aka card game + digimon) So i played for a few hours today (Since i was too committed playing another game last night) so in about 4 hours i have for my first digimon gen (no deaths) a Blue megakabutarimon and a megadramon. Game is harder than the original easily on easy but the mechanics are easy to work with. Need to build better defense on my megakabutarimon since he is squishy as fuck.

Croc

Banned
Just about to start this! I think I'm gonna try out easy since I have never played any others.

Any missable trophies I should keep an eye out for/any trophies tied to difficulty?

Just about to start this! I think I'm gonna try out easy since I have never played any others.

Any missable trophies I should keep an eye out for/any trophies tied to difficulty?
No missable trophies! Also none tied to difficulty, which I was happy about.
Most tedious two look to be collecting all Digimon Cards (similar to Cyber Sleuth medals, I think) and getting over 200 Digimon which will be quite time consuming compared to CS.

Croc

Banned
No missable trophies! Also none tied to difficulty, which I was happy about.
Most tedious two look to be collecting all Digimon Cards (similar to Cyber Sleuth medals, I think) and getting over 200 Digimon which will be quite time consuming compared to CS.

Great! That's awesome. I ended up getting plat for Cyber Sleuth, but I doubt I will end up doing it with this one. We'll see how I feel once I finish the game though I guess.

you think that's something big? it has some digimon from .... Frontier? i think (whatever had the kids turn into digimon , not Tamers aka card game + digimon) So i played for a few hours today (Since i was too committed playing another game last night) so in about 4 hours i have for my first digimon gen (no deaths) a Blue megakabutarimon and a megadramon. Game is harder than the original easily on easy but the mechanics are easy to work with. Need to build better defense on my megakabutarimon since he is squishy as fuck.
Yeah that's Frontier.
Having the spirits in the game is even weirder than the Xros Wars Digimon.

For those wondering Arresterdramon's level is unknown and he can't digivolve further. His stats are slightly higher than a normal champions =/. Pretty useless.

AlanOC91

Nice surprise at the end of that fight ;) Finished that part last night.

Qwark

Really? I think it's way easier. Resources used to be a real challenge in the original. Now I'm sitting with 50 meats and 20 portable toilets in my inventory. Figuring out digivolutions is way easier now too. In the original, it was at least 5 reincarnations before I got an ultimate, this one I got it on my second. The fights might be more difficult, but you no longer have to worry about hearts. I still think the original is overall a more difficult game.

Stuart444

Really? I think it's way easier. Resources used to be a real challenge in the original. Now I'm sitting with 50 meats and 20 portable toilets in my inventory. Figuring out digivolutions is way easier now too. In the original, it was at least 5 reincarnations before I got an ultimate, this one I got it on my second. The fights might be more difficult, but you no longer have to worry about hearts. I still think the original is overall a more difficult game.

The fights are the hard part. Raising is the easy bit. (Though more time consuming early on)

That's why I say this is harder than the original. The original wasnt too bad and was easier overall imo.

DocSeuss

Where the heck is the item shop? I recruited tentomon, but I don't see him in the town. Just Palmon with his warehouse.

DocSeuss

I had to sleep to the next day for him to appear after recruiting him.

Just had that happen, because redvegiemon kicked my ass. I don't get why I can beat some mon at level 3 and not others.

EDIT: Not having played a Digimon World game before, how do I, uh, de-digivolve so I can get the mon I actually want?

RockmanBN

Also, is there any Trainer skills that I should be focusing on? Only ones I got are 3 in reincarnation and ones for each training type.

Just had that happen, because redvegiemon kicked my ass. I don't get why I can beat some mon at level 3 and not others.

EDIT: Not having played a Digimon World game before, how do I, uh, de-digivolve so I can get the mon I actually want?

RedVegiemon are Champion level Digimon.

And Digimon World is all about settling my friend, lol. (At least til later.)

Which previous Digimon World is this most similar too? Trying to see if I might like this game.

Digimon World 1 and Digimon World: Re: Digitize

sensui-tomo

Right, but I have a Vegiemon and a Leomon.
if i'm allowed to go back to the show for an example, devimon took all of the digidestined to be defeated. so the 2 champions vs 1 rule doesnt apply, hell Lucemon is a rookie who can defeat most digimon in this game.(you aint getting him any time soon)
also you need to read up on leomon lore, he's got a fate he'll fulfill on your watch ;)

DocSeuss

if i'm allowed to go back to the show for an example, devimon took all of the digidestined to be defeated. so the 2 champions vs 1 rule doesnt apply, hell Lucemon is a rookie who can defeat most digimon in this game.(you aint getting him any time soon)
also you need to read up on leomon lore, he's got a fate he'll fulfill on your watch ;)

1) this isn't the show, so things like "leomon always dies" aren't really relevant here. It's just a case of me not understanding the mechanics and wanting to.

2) I don't even _want_ leomon. That's what he evolved into.

1) this isn't the show, so things like "leomon always dies" aren't really relevant here. It's just a case of me not understanding the mechanics and wanting to.

I think he was being cheeky. Your Digimon will die after a period of time and reincarnate into an egg.

You don't get to directly choose what your Digimon digivolves into (until later). It's based on how you raise them.

DocSeuss

I think he was being cheeky. Your Digimon will die after a period of time and reincarnate into an egg.

You don't get to directly choose what your Digimon digivolves into (until later). It's based on how you raise them.

Right, and I'm trying to raise them right, but that seems a bit more complex than it was in Cyber Sleuth.

sensui-tomo

yeah i was being a bit cheeky, sorry about that. The thing with this game is that you wont likely get your digimon you want on the first or even second run of your digimon's life. 3rd time though , since you'll probably have picked the right trainer abilities and your digimon's stats will be higher, (just to make some sense, you're 9th generation baby digimon will more than likely be stronger than your gen 1 champion/ultimate)
Chapter 2 is when you'll have the ability to decide to stop a digivolution line from happening by disabling the other digimon choices . Now since i've only played a little bit of this game (alot of the original) i can say that getting the show digimon is going to be hard (oddly wormmon -> stingmon wasnt hard to do but he changed into a blue ultimate kabuterimon) and iirc renamon was more of a speed/wisdom stat heavy digimon, i dont know which digimon leads directly into it.

Right, and I'm trying to raise them right, but that seems a bit more complex than it was in Cyber Sleuth.

yup this game is more like the old tomagachi game (i forget the digimon name) where its more or less random unless you have the closest to perfect stat requirements and even then you could get a random, aka Agumon turning into Tyranomon instead of greymon (happened alot in the psx game to me)

Yeah, it can be pretty brutal in giving you Digimon you don't want. The beginning of the game will push you towards the Digimon that don't require super-high stats, who happen to be the less popular ones and recolors. Even when you are able to reach those higher stats, things like making Strength higher than Speed can cause a different evolution. There is a lot more exactness involved.

Unfortunately, there is no Digivolution guide for the International Edition yet, so I don't know what exact stats you need for evolution to favor Kyuubimon. I assume high Wisdom, MP, Speed would be a good start.

Kouriozan

yup this game is more like the old tomagachi game (i forget the digimon name) where its more or less random unless you have the closest to perfect stat requirements and even then you could get a random, aka Agumon turning into Tyranomon instead of greymon (happened alot in the psx game to me)
Don't worry about that, there is a way to control what Digimon you want and you're forced to recruit the one that do this to progress in the story.

Right, but I have a Vegiemon and a Leomon.

I'm just tryin to figure out how to get Kyubimon.

Yuramon -> Tanemon -> Renamon -> Kyubimon

Getting to Renamon is easy, but Kyubimon might take a little effort

Remember to check the History tab under the Partner section to see what the requirements for the next level is.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Does Difficulty alter the evolution requirements? I read that here so I switched between Normal -> Easy, and all the stat requirements seemed the same (of the Champion ones I unlocked the qualifications for) so I'm staying with Normal for now.

Gotta say, enjoying the game so far, full thoughts soon once I unlock more features. My Digimon are Snowgoblimon (from Puchimon) and ClearAgumon (from Zerimon), and I just recruited everyone on the first screen of Nigh Plains (bar Biyomon) + Numemon.

I'd also like to know what skills I should focus on, I just did the one that carries over parameters as that seems useful and what the Tamer Rank in the original World 1 did...except in that game raising the Tamer Rank was obtuse and difficult to do.

RockmanBN

Does Difficulty alter the evolution requirements? I read that here so I switched between Normal -> Easy, and all the stat requirements seemed the same (of the Champion ones I unlocked the qualifications for) so I'm staying with Normal for now.

Gotta say, enjoying the game so far, full thoughts soon once I unlock more features. My Digimon are Snowgoblimon (from Puchimon) and ClearAgumon (from Zerimon), and I just recruited everyone on the first screen of Nigh Plains (bar Biyomon) + Numemon.

I'd also like to know what skills I should focus on, I just did the one that carries over parameters as that seems useful and what the Tamer Rank in the original World 1 did...except in that game raising the Tamer Rank was obtuse and difficult to do.

Think it increases requirements and also reduces what you get through training. My brother was reaping in much more points that I. I got 15s with the 1.25x bonus while he got high 20s.

Top Bottom