• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon World Re:Digitize Fan Translation Out Now!

Takao

Banned
Digimon_World_ReDigitize_boxart.jpg

Publisher: Bandai Namco
Developer: Tri-Crescendo
Platform: PSP
Release Date: July 19, 2012 (Japan)
Teaser
Patch
Play-Asia link

This game is a re-imagining of the first Digimon World with art by Suzuhito Yasuda. An enhanced port was released on 3DS in the summer of 2013. The team plans on translating that next.

Blog:
We have arrived!

Yes you are reading right. After almost 3 years of work, thousands of hours, tears, panic attacks, and all the hardships we had to face, it’s here.

The Digimon World Re:Digitize Translation Patch! After testing over a period of two weeks, where all of us got little sleep, we are confident enough to release our baby to the world. Every one of us played through the game, I 100%ed my third run today and all I can say is: It’s fun! The game is fun!

We are all extremely proud of our work, in playing through the game there were times when it was hard to remember that this was written by us, that we are the authors of those very same English phrases that you guys are about to read. Incidentally, I’m very happy to release it on this particular day since, as it happens, today is also my Birthday! While we could probably polish it even more, I feel it’s time for you guys to enjoy it. We hope there won’t be any typos or other issues, but on the assumption that there will be, we have added functionality to the patch program to release updates if need be. As the server may have issues if everyone presses that at once, I would ask that you not press it if you are downloading the patch on the day it was release. All of the 1.0 patches are included with the program, so it’s unnecessary anyway.

There’s really not much left to say, if you want to know how it started, what it took to get where we are now I advice you guys read the “Legend of Operation Decoded” post, it’s all there. I don’t want to bore you with more stories, but I assure you this won’t be the last time you hear from of us ;)

P.S
Please keep in mind that we are distributing this under the Creative Common License, as a derivative work we own solely the rights to the translation, neither the game nor any other Brand associated with it.

Tutorial links at the site.

Tan

This game is a re-imagining of the first Digimon World with art by Suzuhito Yasuda. An enhanced port was released on 3DS in the summer of 2013. The team plans on translating that next.

I had no idea this is what this game actually was. That's nuts.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Play-Asia link (currently on sale for <$20)

This link takes me to wordpress.

I was following this translation and am glad to see it finally released. I played quite a bit of the Japanese version, but eventually couldn't continue due to the language barrier. I would love to play the translated 3DS version, but how would that work? Anyway, great news for Digimon fans.

Takao

Banned
This link takes me to wordpress.

I was following this translation and am glad to see it finally released. I played quite a bit of the Japanese version, but eventually couldn't continue due to the language barrier. I would love to play the translated 3DS version, but how would that work? Anyway, great news for Digimon fans.

Sorry about the link. It should be all good now.

As for the 3DS version, you'd need a flash cart like Gateway.

Sealtest

So happy this finally came out

Maybe this will push namdai to confirm or deny the cyber sleuth localization.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
EXCITED!

Wonder if this game is obtuse as the original still is...even in 2015 when I replayed it, there's still tons of variables we don't quite understand. It is, perhaps, one of the most complex and mysterious games ever created by human hands---or was it?

EDIT: Don't forget, even though it's patched for English, it still uses the Japanese weirdness of O being confirm, X being cancel.

EXCITED!

Wonder if this game is obtuse as the original still is...even in 2015 when I replayed it, there's still tons of variables we don't quite understand. It is, perhaps, one of the most complex and mysterious games ever created by human hands---or was it?

EDIT: Don't forget, even though it's patched for English, it still uses the Japanese weirdness of O being confirm, X being cancel.

PPSSPP has button remapping, first thing i did. Also, you need a guide for digivolving as you did for the first one. Other than that, this one holds your hands more, at least it does in the start/from what i've played.

EXCITED!

I could understand Japanese guides just fine when playing Decode. There's really nothing weird this time around but you do want to look up digivolution requirements and a few other things.

I got this back when it came out for PSP but never got too far in it since I sucked at raising strong digimon. It's a pretty great game and you guys should all check it out!

Maybe this patch being released is a sign that I should get back to translating the manga series...

Oh my god they changed fishing. It's now just pressing x when a ! appears rather than having to throw it at the right spot with the right fish and being stuck in a push/pull match with the fish.

Yeeeesss!!!!

Now all I need is Cyber Sleuth.

But man, I'm so hyped to finally be able to play this!

A million thanks to everyone involved in making the patch!

Watch Da Birdie

This game...isn't fun.

So far. It's very linear at the beginning, I've been shuffling down corridors and fighting Bosses and listening to weird plot stuff, and I've felt no incentive to really train much. I guess I'm still in the tutorial at this point, but so far I'm not feeling it...Digimon World 1 was so addicting because it didn't pull punches, and dropped you in the middle of things with very little direction. Here I feel like I'm told what I need to do, and without the difficulty and risk, the game comes across as a bit of a grind.

Hope it gets better.

Taker34

Banned
Finally! I've been following this blog for almost a year and I can't believe it's done. Now I have to switch between this and ESO...

Their next project is translating Decode for the 3DS, so please be excited.

zulux21

Finally! I've been following this blog for almost a year and I can't believe it's done. Now I have to switch between this and ESO...

Their next project is translating Decode for the 3DS, so please be excited.

I too had been following this for about a year.
I don't really care about digimon in general but my wife does.
I never let her know this was going on, and today I was able to finally tell her it was a thing and she could be excited and play it. sadly it didn't release 2 days ago otherwise it could have been a birthday present.

This game...isn't fun.

So far. It's very linear at the beginning, I've been shuffling down corridors and fighting Bosses and listening to weird plot stuff, and I've felt no incentive to really train much. I guess I'm still in the tutorial at this point, but so far I'm not feeling it...Digimon World 1 was so addicting because it didn't pull punches, and dropped you in the middle of things with very little direction. Here I feel like I'm told what I need to do, and without the difficulty and risk, the game comes across as a bit of a grind.

Hope it gets better.
If you just do what the game tells you then you are going to have to grind a fuckton of prosperity later on.

tensuke

Awesome! I've wanted to properly play this for so long. Wish this, Adventure, and Cyber Sleuth would see English releases on Vita.

Watch Da Birdie

If you just do what the game tells you then you are going to have to grind a fuckton of prosperity later on.

Yeah, I got to the Guardromon that says I need 5 Prosperity...now I guess things are opening up a bit more.

Don't really like that, though. Digimon World 1 never had any obvious blocks like that...sorry, I just feel in World 1 there was way more freedom at the beginning.

By the way, is the first Digimon set to evolve through the Greymon line?

Getting to ultimate & mega seem easier as well - got marineangemon on my second digimon/first egg - I didn't need to get all of the conditions for marineangemon either...My first digimon died at champion ;_;.

For those of you playing on PPSSPP, you can map a button to fastforward the game - less time spent running to poop. It's R2 by default for me - using a DS4.

Watch Da Birdie

Also, the game seems so much more forgiving when it comes to care mistakes which I'm thankful for...

Like in World 1, if your Digimon got tired, that was it---that was a full Care Mistake, meaning you basically had to be very cautious when training. But apparently in this, you have a grace period to get them rested up before it counts against you. Seem to have more of a grace period in general when it comes to feeding and pooping.

My main gripe still is the battles are way easier, yet aren't anymore interesting than the original, which make them a chore. The Digimon seem harder to avoid too, whereas in Digimon World 1 a big strategy was basically going Solid Snake and choosing your battles wisely, or really, just avoiding them period. Here I can't seem to do it because the camera makes it so I can't see my Partner, and an enemy runs into them.

I wish Suikoden III didn't come to PSN because both these demand my time! :(

I can avoid most battles without too much trouble in Decode, but I read that they changed the camera in this one so you can see your partner a lot easier and stuff. I usually don't have much trouble seeing my partner so that's probably true.\

Watch Da Birdie

Battles are more useful in this though, way more stat payout and you get a generous amount of Bits...money doesn't seem like it'll be tight in this game.

Qwark

Fyi, if anybody gets a blue crash after setting your trainer name, you might have to rerun the patch with Dub instead of Sub, that fixed it for me.

They had been really quiet on the translation blog so this was a nice surprise. Glad I had imported this one in advance.

Qwark

These guys really did a great job with the translation. A couple hours in and I'm just nostalgia-ing all over the place. I'm really disappointed that Bamco just didn't localize it (or any other digimon games) themselves.

Know why this game is better than the original? Because it has Gomamon.

trIgUUc.png

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
These guys really did a great job with the translation. A couple hours in and I'm just nostalgia-ing all over the place. I'm really disappointed that Bamco just didn't localize it (or any other digimon games) themselves.

Know why this game is better than the original? Because it has Gomamon.

trIgUUc.png

It isn't, though.

Bringing back digimon and find out they DO NOTHING in the city is the worst thing ever.

... And most of them do nothing!

Mets9

Also, the game seems so much more forgiving when it comes to care mistakes which I'm thankful for...

Like in World 1, if your Digimon got tired, that was it---that was a full Care Mistake, meaning you basically had to be very cautious when training. But apparently in this, you have a grace period to get them rested up before it counts against you. Seem to have more of a grace period in general when it comes to feeding and pooping.

My main gripe still is the battles are way easier, yet aren't anymore interesting than the original, which make them a chore. The Digimon seem harder to avoid too, whereas in Digimon World 1 a big strategy was basically going Solid Snake and choosing your battles wisely, or really, just avoiding them period. Here I can't seem to do it because the camera makes it so I can't see my Partner, and an enemy runs into them.

I wish Suikoden III didn't come to PSN because both these demand my time! :(
To be honest, tiredness in digimon world 1 was a mistake only if you made your digimon train while tired and get only 1 point in the trained stats. Getting just the bubble isn't considered a care mistake as far as I know.

To be honest, tiredness in digimon world 1 was a mistake only if you made your digimon train while tired and get only 1 point in the trained stats. Getting just the bubble isn't considered a care mistake as far as I know.
Just getting the bubble was considered a care mistake.

Huh, never noticed the character art was done by the same artist as Devil Survivor. Neat. Anyway, liked the original when I was a kid even though I had no idea what was going on, so I'll have to try this out sometime.

Edit: This is the latest version of the patch from the translation team's blog.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
It's discounted at Play-Asia again.
So now that people have been playing it, thoughts?

Not as good as Digimon World 1.

May be that i'm trying too much with the 'Advanced' trainings, though... they pad out the experience a truckton.

Top Bottom