• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Digital Foundry 4K]: Call of Duty Modern Warfare Beta: PS4/Pro/Xbox One/X/PC Cross-Play Tested!

Mista

Banned

The opportunity's ripe for a multi-way split between all consoles and PC, thanks to the new Modern Warfare beta' cross-play support. All of which shows developer Infinity Ward's engine catering beautifully to all power specs. And yet, at this early stage, there are some surprise results in visual differences, and the how frame-rates are shaping up.

logicslayer

Hmmm...It almost sounds like they're favoring the PlayStation here. That couldn't be intentional, could it?

I had major tearing on the Xbox One X, it was not a pleasant experience.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
This confirms what I felt as well the Pro ran Ground War smoother then my X with the X trying to maintain a higher rez.

This needs to be fixed and I am sure it will be.

Fake

Summary:
- The game on consoles combine dynamic resolution with reconstruction
- Xbox One runs at 900p dynamic resolution
- Base PS4 runs at 1080p dynamic resolution
- PRO and X runs at 3840x2160p (4K) dynamic resolution
- Dynamic resolution plus reconstruction tech push more PRO resolution than X, so X appears more sharp and clean than PRO
(maybe explain why the game looks a bit blurry)
- Thomas say, at least on the big maps, PC and Xbox X have a enormous advantage over base Xbox One (snipers on PC/X vs Xbox One to be precise) because how Xbox One render at longer distance

Last edited:

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Wtf is the dude arguing with me when I was saying pro version of ground war felt good to me and now we see it fairs better than the X smfh thts why I can't stand these know it all arm chair analysts in here smfh

Fucking propoganda Machine is insane
You on about me. If you are i said it runs shit on both. And it was easily in the 30's at times on Ground war. I guess every game its different with this type of game.

Gamernyc78

Banned
You on about me. If you are i said it runs shit on both. And it was easily in the 30's at times on Ground war. I guess every game its different with this type of game.

Yup and definitely never experienced 30s but I hear you. I see tht monster x putting in tht work 😏

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Yup and definitely never experienced 30s but I hear you. I see tht monster x putting in tht work 😏
Whats all this (bold) shit you on about ?
If it stayed in the 50's i wouldn't have even mentioned it, not perfect but i can live with that for a console.

The draw distance was something I noticed on x1x and was a huge advantage on some maps.....this will really be a deal breaker to some people as I honestly had a hard time making out some of the other players due to the vasolene lens on the pro in some maps

Lighting also much better on x1x

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
You know wtf the bold is about big pimpin. Looks "loads" better my ass.
Here rez Pro 1152x1800 lowest found, highest 1920x2160 ( wasn't this the rez that looked awful on RDR2 ). Xbox lowest 2304x1800 , highest 3840x2160
Ground war plenty of low 42 fps action on Pro, just a quick look from me may go lower.
All from the lovely VG Tech who we know people like to use against DF.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Here rez Pro 1152x1800 lowest found, highest 1920x2160 ( wasn't this the rez that looked awful on RDR2 ). Xbox lowest 2304x1800 , highest 3840x2160
Ground war plenty of low 42 fps action on Pro, just a quick look from me may go lower.
All from the lovely VG Tech who we know people like to use against DF.

😂😂😂😂 You try so hard 🤗🤗🤗 how's tht 4K native Gears treating you these days 😉

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Why wouldn't the greatest FPS ever be SONY's #1 target? I could assure you if M$ sees what SONY is doing, and I'm a little surprised how silent they're on this marketing deal.

Mista

Banned
Only to a dick tht cares enough about others conversations. foh with tht dumb shit and disrespect tough guy. Never understood ppl tht don't mind their business and get offended by other ppls conversations. You disrespect you get disrespected.
Hahaha what? You know how stupid you sound? You weren’t having a conversation, you both were shitting on each other like kids. Unless that’s your definition for a “conversation” fuck off and take that clown that reacted to your post with you. Fucking mentally ill clowns ffs😂😂😂

Gamernyc78

Banned
Hahaha what? You know how stupid you sound? You weren’t having a conversation, you both were shitting on each other like kids. Unless that’s your definition for a “conversation” fuck off and take that clown that reacted to your post with you. Fucking mentally ill clowns ffs😂😂😂

Like a typical nosy %itch from the block in everyone buisness. Straight ho shit You know how stupid u look? Lol foh tuff guy. You not looking cool to no one with tht lame nonsense. Internet is be all you can be for sure.

Back on topic. The performance for me on my pro was fine even during ground war 👌

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Like a typical nosy %itch from the block in everyone buisness. Straight ho shit You know how stupid u look? Lol foh tuff guy.
Calling you out over dumb shit isn’t being “tough guy” but apparently there’s something wrong inside your head. Type proper English and maybe I’ll get back to you clown.

Gamernyc78

Banned
lmao fuck off with this internet gangster shit. actin like a fuckin nerd aruging about graphics then trying to act all tough lmao.

Here comes another ho groupie lol sticking up for his boo. All forum ppl aren't how you perceive it snitch9. The tough guys are the ones tht don't mind their own business and jump in to disrespect two ppl tht are responding to eachother. I never disrespect no one until thy get out of pocket u know like your fake gangsta ass doing.

Now stfu and get back on topic

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Calling you out over dumb shit isn’t being “tough guy” but apparently there’s something wrong inside your head. Type proper English and maybe I’ll get back to you clown.

Bozo ass dude for sure. I guarantee you my level of education is higher than your pseudo gangsta self. Learn how to mind your business bro and if you want to be a wannabe moderator say things correctly.. You disrespect you get disrespected Cardi 😊

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Just take it up the arse son and stop changing the subject.
full

Only to a dick tht cares enough about others conversations. foh with tht dumb shit and disrespect tough guy. Never understood ppl tht don't mind their business and get offended by other ppls conversations. You disrespect you get disrespected.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Gamernyc78 Gamernyc78 is my new favorite user. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

All three of you bickering have got me cracking up.

Lol haha word let me stop and get back on topic man I know how these keyboard gangstas use the report button and get ppl banned. I just hate %itch shit, making comments, not quoting initially so ppl don't see it lol and react.

Sorry everyone else for derailing lol I've ignored the internet thugs and will stay on topic 😂😂😂

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
So just going by Digital Foundry's clip...…...PRO > PS4 > XBONE > XBONES

There is absolutely no tearing on the PS consoles, whilst XBOX tears like crazy and still has lower performance......Did Tom mention no tearing on PS systems btw?

It's also hilarious hearing TOM talk about "why the PC is better over XBONEX, you just said Alex had a 3900x with a 2080ti for goodness sake. X has the best IQ, yadda yadda yadda? What about the tearing then? Then he tries to pretend that mid 50 fps with tearing in Deathmatch on XBONEX is comparable to a better running PS4 version in his very own clip, with no tearing at that....

So PC has the uplift over X in rez, he has to defend that this is a beefy PC. X has worse framerate with tearing, he has to defend that this is a beta? So why do the Analysis at all, if everytime XBOX loses in framerate (which is in many many games), that it's always a road down "I'm disappointed", "It's surprising". "It's only a beta, final code will tell the tale"......

Mista

Banned
Bozo ass dude for sure. I guarantee you my level of education is higher than your pseudo gangsta self. Learn how to mind your business bro and if you want to be a wannabe moderator say things correctly.. You disrespect you get disrespected Cardi 😊
You just proved to me that you’re mentally ill thank you. Nobody with a higher level of education types like this mr.internet gangster. I didn’t disrespect, I only said the truth. You’re a clown and the truth hurts sorry. Get awt wih tih shih bruh🤣🤣🤣🤣 Peace out clown

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
And what was wrong with my first reaction ? Aren't i allowed to reply, this is a forum. And all i basically said was it looks lots sharper on X than Pro as i have both, but the poster has taken offence and is trying to start some console war over it when in truth i don't really care as it was just a obvious observation to me, and i just don't know why the poster brings Gears up he must be mistaking me with someone else.
But anyway it's ok for you to call names, i don't mind, i got thick skin but your'e as bad as us both.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Seems like the Spec Ops wasn't the only part of the Playstation exclusive deal.

However, funny how no one noticed it during the beta. I didn't hear any x users experience screen tearing.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Seems like the Spec Ops wasn't the only part of the Playstation exclusive deal.

However, funny how no one noticed it during the beta. I didn't hear any x users experience screen tearing.
I noticed it the odd time in team deathmatch, Nothing to be concerned about i thought as it was a beta.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I noticed it the odd time in team deathmatch, Nothing to be concerned about i thought as it was a beta.

Let's hope so. The One X is stronger than the Pro so it wouldn't make much sense to have an inferior version.

Unless of course Activision only cares about their customers on any other platform except Xbox.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
All I know is the frame rate on Ground War on X was piss shit. No doubt it had to be in the 20s in super crowded areas.
It felt like that on Pro at times, but you know this video will be taken as gospel even though a game like this can vary so much.

Pallas

Let's hope so. The One X is stronger than the Pro so it wouldn't make much sense to have an inferior version.

Unless of course Activision only cares about their customers on any other platform except Xbox.

Ironically enough if the shoe was on the other foot, you’d get a lot of “tinfoil hat” conspiracies.

All I know is the frame rate on Ground War on X was piss shit. No doubt it had to be in the 20s in super crowded areas.

Could it be because IF is trying to get higher performance, so other details suffer? Logically, spec wise the X should be having a smoother time. I don’t want to dip into conspiracy land because it’s kind of silly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom