• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: Call Of Duty Black Ops 3 Face Off

No, it was always unacceptable. I ragged on Leadbetter all last gen for the same kind of crap. So much for your generalizations!

Didn't see you doing it in the DF threads from back then, so the fact you're here doing it now is all the evidence I have. Realise that I'm talking specifically about the quote, nothing more. If you're just angry at them adding opinions to technical articles, then that's fine, you carry right on. However, when there's a DF employee in this very thread saying its not up to anyone else what goes into DF articles, maybe that's worth listening to as well (again, not assuming this is what you're saying).

Bgamer90

Banned
So DF literally says in other words:

"the xbox version is inferior in pretty much every way, but BASED ON OUR TECHNICAL ANALYSIS it is solid enough in multilayer that if your friends play on xb one you'll be fine with that version".

And the reaction is pages of arguing about............ I dont even know.......... Why are people arguing?

How could this possibly upset anybody?

Exactly. So many comparisons last gen (PS3) and the gen before that (PS2) stated PlayStation versions of games being worse but still being enjoyable to play if that was your primary system.

Why do people who already know they are getting the best version care so much about an article saying the worse version is acceptable if that's the only version that a person can play? I don't get it.

Exactly. So many comparisons last gen (PS3) and the gen before that (PS2) stated PlayStation versions of games being worse but still being enjoyable to play if that was your primary system.

Why do people who already know they are getting the best version care so much about an article saying the worse version is acceptable if that's the only version that a person can play? I don't get it.

"It's not enough that I should succeed..."

Three

I assume because that sentence can be interpreted in many ways. It's structured rather poorly.

TBiddy

I assume because that sentence can be interpreted in many ways. It's structured rather poorly.

In Danish we have a saying that goes like this (literally translated):

Only if you read it like Satan reads the bible.

IE. It can be interpreted like that, but only if you're really, really looking for it.

In Danish we have a saying that goes like this (literally translated):

Only if you read it like Satan reads the bible.

IE. It can be interpreted like that, but only if you're really, really looking for it.

I like that saying. I'm going to have to remember that.

Kar

Didn't see you doing it in the DF threads from back then, so the fact you're here doing it now is all the evidence I have. Realise that I'm talking specifically about the quote, nothing more. If you're just angry at them adding opinions to technical articles, then that's fine, you carry right on. However, when there's a DF employee in this very thread saying its not up to anyone else what goes into DF articles, maybe that's worth listening to as well (again, not assuming this is what you're saying).
People have been complaining about this forever now.
Check the Digital Foundry vs Uncharted 3 thread and read the first comment.

People have been complaining about this forever now.
Check the Digital Foundry vs Uncharted 3 thread and read the first comment.

What I was actually asking for were examples of people complaining about Digital Foundry saying an inferior PS3 port was still totally playable if that was your primary system. Which they did, many times. I can't find anyone getting annoyed with those comments back in the day, yet now here we are with a 6 page thread because they dared to say it about the Xbox One port. It's kind of sad.

As someone who bought copies on both consoles, I do find myself playing the PS4 version more. It's more than likely some sort of placebo effect, but I feel as if I play better on the PS4 haha.

Top Bottom