• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry calls out Turn10 for downgrading Forza Motorsport.

jayj

Banned
Is it me or are Steam reviews really showing the divide between gaming critics and actual gamers?
This usually seems to be the case. So many critics seem to be in their own little club together where they all share similar views and scores, usually positive about big budget sponsored content.

I own 3 custom built PCs ( and two macs) primarily for music production. Even built them myself…. All of them liquid cooled the weakest one has an over clocked i9 the strongest is an 18 core x299 build….NVME and SSD drives throughout…. Powerful GPUs, in all of them. I even play a few games on them. That said….. I have no desire to make any of my PCs my main gaming platform. Using that as a beacon of perspective here….. I would not consider myself a PC gamer. Inspite of having better hardware for gaming than most people who actually build PCs for gaming. Console gamers are generally not i streets don building their own. They are not interested in delicately placing the cpu into the motherboard of gently forcing NVMes and RAM into delicate slots. I doubt most even know what a grounding strap is….. these are not assumptions. These are the reason console gamers are console gamers and PC gamers are PC gamers. Console gamers just want a silent, simple box that boots up in seconds and they can get straight into a game. PC gaming is not like that….. you log in…. You wait a lil while…. You load you game and hopefully…. It’s not a buggy unoptimised mess. Console gamers don’t deal with that. They are not interested in making corrections to registry’s caused by corrupted files. I’m fact…. They barely understand PCs!

For me PCs are primarily for work and productivity.

For most people they just want a simple dedicated gaming device that sits under the TV and they can enjoy from the couch. The PC is not that device.

Not Forza-related but...you have three PCs for music production!? Jeez man...actually that is kind of impressive in a way; I only mess around with a DAW in spare time (to test making sounds and learn stuff, not producing anything) but running multiple rigs for music production is quite something.

Do you split up your production between systems, like one for making & mixing sounds, one for composing the tracks, one for mastering? Or do you have similar usage for all of them but certain settings for plug-ins, VSTs, equipment etc. differ between them and it's just easier to have three different set-ups on three systems?

Its zoomed in photomode shots, remember Forza doesn't render the zoomed in area in photomode. The distance lod stays the same in the area you start the photomode. And it could be also low settings on top of that ofcourse.

I've heard Forza doesn't make note of track positions of AI cars for the replays, is that true?

Trolling? A few days Ago I captured some shots from a review showing stuff like that. It usually happens in replays.

BTW is this comparison true? I know it's a cherry picked image, it's not mine. Found it somehwere else.

F8GzSiUWwAAEs-M

F8GzSiiXgAARzvX

I can't wait to see Gran Turismo 8 in real-time (prob on PS6), looking as good or even better than this. Unbelievable attention to detail.

John has appeared on Jez Corden and the other guy who calls it X BAWKS YouTube stream the Xbox Two , it’s only available on Patreon at the moment. I wonder if this topic will enter the conversation.

Of course he has 🙄. Gotta coordinate that messaging.

RickMasters

Not Forza-related but...you have three PCs for music production!? Jeez man...actually that is kind of impressive in a way; I only mess around with a DAW in spare time (to test making sounds and learn stuff, not producing anything) but running multiple rigs for music production is quite something.

Do you split up your production between systems, like one for making & mixing sounds, one for composing the tracks, one for mastering? Or do you have similar usage for all of them but certain settings for plug-ins, VSTs, equipment etc. differ between them and it's just easier to have three different set-ups on three systems?

I've heard Forza doesn't make note of track positions of AI cars for the replays, is that true?

I can't wait to see Gran Turismo 8 in real-time (prob on PS6), looking as good or even better than this. Unbelievable attention to detail.

Of course he has 🙄. Gotta coordinate that messaging.
One is in my London studio, along with a Mac-pro tools rig for client recordings.

The other two are here in Jamaica with me along with the Mac Pro. One the builds is for just making beats… the other is is for mixing and general client use. And the Mac Pro is…. Yup… yet another pro tools suite!

I use UAD interfaces so I can use all the same DSP plug ins across systems.

Plugin licences Licenses are shared on all of them in most cases. The plug in alliance stuff for example let’s you authorise 3 machines plus you can have your licenses on USB stick to activate on the other machines when in use.

The main differences between my systems is really in the hardware choices. Keyboards, mic pres, etc.

Speaking of which…. If you live experimenting with sounds I highly reccomend a roland system 8. As well as being able to emulate a tonne of vintage roland keyboards it also has CV capabilities is you like to mess with modular synthesis. The the kind of stuff that makes for cool sound design in games! Deffo give it a demo at your nearest music store when you get a lil time. 👊🏿

Will be ditching protools for cubase soon though as I don’t like the direction that Avid is going in.

Always nice to bump into a fellow music-tech guy on here! Kudos! 👊🏿

Last edited:
Top Bottom